Why does everyone hate the games Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 and Shadow the Hedgehog? page 3

69 posts

Flag Post

this is the best sonic game ever

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrG4G4:

cough cough

Flag Post

Shadow was not boring but Sonic made me close my PS2 on the 3rd level of Sonic Team.

Flag Post

You are right. It is the best but its not good

Flag Post
Originally posted by thesonic:
Originally posted by thetikigod:

I never played it, so half of you say that it SUCKS, the other half say that it’s good. So I don’t know what to go with….

you should go with 06 sux because:
1.horrible voice acting
2.i fucked up plot
3.bad controls
4.way tooooooooooooooooooooooooo long
5.tooooooo many glitches

this list goes on farther but it looks likke its earliest form considering it came out to early

and shadow is atleast better by a mile so dere u go

You fucked up the plot?
Curse you.

Flag Post

I actually don’t hate these games.
Shadow the Hedgehog: i can explain the graphics because they were the same as Sonic Heroes idiots, it was made on the Renderware engine. as the first outing of Jason Griffith as Shadow (and by extension sonic) it’s OK but the moral route i always want to take is always too frickin difficult and i’m forced to go evil or neutra lor easy, because the other options are impossible. so i stopped playing that for a while and moved onto 06

Sonic 2006: this game is Underated-ness at it’s finest. sure the graphics sucked but it’s Sonic teams 1st game for the HD Consoles, and they weren’t that lucky. the camera never bothered me and when it did i didn’t complain. i noticed a few glitches either on purpose but one when playing Shadow crisis city i was like “WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT FUCKING INVISIBLE WALL, I CAN’T HOMING ATTACK THERE? SONIC TEAM, Y U NO NOT SHIT ME?” and whe ni experienced the controls for the first time, i was suprised at how fluent they were, they weren’t perfect but they exceeded my sloppy expectations. the critics on IGN might have their heads up their dickholes but according to the User score of the game, it’s around 7.5-ish? and when playing as silver, you actually have to cheat to get past tropical jungle. but sadly, about as good games (Modern Warfare 3) much better games (Fable II) and even worse games (Castlevania Dracula X for the Super Nintendo) got my attention much more and i lost interest before completing Silver’s Story.

oh and BTW: why isn’t the music in 06 as awesome as it was in other games? ANSWER THAT!!!!! because my Revenge of the 5th is Complete! Revenge against all those idiots that agree with the critics and can’t think for themselves.

Flag Post

I think it was because better games came out, and because Sega did not even attempt to make Sonic any better. This made Sonic a fail 0_0

Flag Post

(Flame shield activated!) I can’t take this bashing anymore, the reason sonic 06 was so “bad” was because it was rushed. and you may ask why. I believe… (and I may be wrong) that the fan-boys demanded it come out earlier, and SEGA actually listened! oh… and about shadow the hedgehog, I have played through the whole thing, and guess what… i liked it! Personally I REALLY don’t care much about voice acting, all i care about is game-play, awesomeness, and maybe the music. Honestly… some people just look at a review and just go “OK, they say it sucks, so I say it sucks!”

Flag Post

Both games are very good and brilliant but people just think that Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 has too many glitches but thats because people are messing around with it. Shadow The Hedgehog was NOT a horrible game I have it but then the disc got scratched so now when I play it I pick Westopilos and I just go through the ramp so both games are not their fault its the scratchings and the people.

Flag Post

Sonic 2006 is horrible, but don’t blame SEGA, blame their fans, they rushed them too much, they didn’t have time to fix glitches or fix the story, but Shadow the Hedgehog is great, In fact, I think they should make a Shadow the Hedgehog 2! Probably NOT gonna happen though.

Flag Post

Ahem…

Flag Post

I’d like to bring Sonic Unleashed into this discussion as well :3 I love that game, although it caused a lot of rage, I did beat it.

Flag Post

i think the people who hate the newer sonic games (me being one of them) just dont like the fact that sonic used to be a simple, albeit rage enhancing, side scrolling action and now its just cheesy with weird voice acting and story plots. as for the spin-offs such as shadow the hedgehog, they’re not terrible but they’re not good (in my opinion) either.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Joshua2001:

These two games are awesome. Don’t judge them if you haven’t played them. I have played tons of games with bad voices but the best gameplay alone. So don’t judge a game if you haven’t played it. I mean come on! Shadow the Hedgehog has guns…. GUNS!

…guns? in a sonic game?
…wtf?
Guns do NOT belong in the hands of a sonic protagonist in a sonic game. They just…don’t.
maybe in some sonic fanfiction. not a sonic game. Unless you’re playing as eggman himself or something, but even that’s a stretch.

Originally posted by Freezerburnt:

cough cough

Ah, that was the golden era of the sonic games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by riotman123:

I mean I hear all over the internet that ‘’ Sonic the hedgehog 2006 is crap’’ and that Shadow the hedgehog is a game the should never been made and on a VGboxart.com that making a shadow sequel and sonic 2006 sequel is full of it. Whats wrong with them? Oh and now i am adding both sonic riders games to the disscusion and comparison.

now to be fair ive only played shadow the hedgehog, many people whined about the guns mechanic ( i personally, liked it) but its plauged by LOADS and LOADS of loading, enemies that will always try to kill you (if the’re on your side and you defend yourself YOU get yelled at) in short, the game sucked, and thats just the tip of the crap berg!

Flag Post

I like 06 and Shadow. The only sonic game that sucks is Sonic Heroes

Flag Post
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

I like 06 and Shadow. The only sonic game that sucks is Sonic Heroes

Stop right there. I have played Heroes, and it was decent. I won’t deny that some of it was annoying (Pits and glitches, one of your worst nightmares.), but almost everything else made up for it.

Flag Post

Who cares if you got bored? It is about the storyline

Flag Post
Originally posted by iamawsome270:

Who cares if you got bored? It is about the storyline

I can’t picture anyone playing a Sonic game for the plot. Sonic games, especially the two that are being talked about here, have had story lines that are filled with plot holes, characters who make moronic decisions, and crappy voice acting. Heroes and The Secret Rings also suffered from this. I must say though the games Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood and Sonic: Lost World have actually had pretty good plots. Sonic Chronicles in particular could be described as really good.