I posted this on tip it on
Posted 29 July 2009 – 09:03 AM
The post is called “A Runescape that I would like to see” if you want to Google it.
A Runescape that I would like to see.
What it would be:
A separate version for those that want to do their own work and earn their levels.
Use the old Runescape web page with links back and forth to this version. Old page meaning the one that was there before this current one. A game client for this version with a refresh option added to it. Separate forums and high scores pages. Add a stat tracker to the high scores that displays the top 500 gainers in total and each of the individual skill categories. Players would be given the option to move their character to this version, however all scores will be wiped out and reset to level 1. All items will be lost as well. You start over at the tutorial. Membership days could be transferred to the new version account. Probably not able to have free worlds on this version as they simply are not big enough for this type of play.
Same as they are now with the following exceptions:
1. You get one and only one account. Proof required that there would be more than one player for more than one account in the same household that uses the same computer or same IP. Which means no multiple log-ins from the same computer. So no playing from public computers like schools, libraries, etc. No playing on your friends computer if they have an account. You will be required to register with a valid e-mail address. You will need to respond to an e-mail to verify that the account is valid.
2. No hot keys allowed.
3. No clans.
In game changes:
1. No trading between players at all. No exceptions. Remove the G.E. Items can either be alched or sold to NPC shops. All prices in the NPC shops are set and do not change regardless of how many items that are sold to them. Anything sold to a NPC shop is removed from the game and not available for another player to purchase. Dropped items appear only to the player that dropped them for a short time and then are removed from the game.
2. Add options to supply kingdoms with goods/items in exchange for gp. Kingdoms present list of what they want, player makes it and sells to them. Ex: Kingdom asks for 100 full sets of iron armor.
3. All team based mini-games would be removed from the game. Put extra resources in the areas that the mini-games take up. Trees, mines, etc. Change the TzHaar fight pits to a competition between a player and the various TzHaar warriors based on combat levels. No teaming up, they fight each other as well.
4. Add more resources for gathering, seaweed, swamp toads, snape grass, ets. Either new spots or more in the current spots.
5. Remove item lending and assisting.
6. Up the level requirements for wearing armors and wielding weapons.
Level 1 Bronze
Level 10 Iron
Level 25 Steel
Level 30 Black
Level 40 Mithril
Level 55 Adamantite
Level 70 Rune
Level 85 Dragon/Barrows
Similar raises for range armor and weapons and mage robes. Prostelyte and other various armors added in where they would fit with the new requirements.
7. Pickaxes and woodcutting axes/hatchets would be considered tools and not be allowed to be used for combat. That way they could still be wielded with the required mining or woodcutting levels. Just add a special Vine Axe for the Jade Vine quest and mini-game.
8. NPCs would need to be made to complete Shield of Arrav and Heroes Quests with. Shades of Mort’ton quest reworked to where the temple does not degrade while building it, but you still have to fight off a few shades. You only need to repair it over time to use it. If neglected for 3 months you would have to rebuild it entirely.
9. No multi-player-combat. The only multi-combat allowed wil be a player and their familiar against their opponent/opponents. 2 players can not attack the same NPC/monster, but multiple monsters may attack the same player. So the Corporeal Beast will need to have a way, not an easy way, to beat it. The Big Dagannoths would need to be accessible for one player as well. Perhaps fight them in succession.
10. Double, or at least add a couple of hundred spots to the bank space. This is very important for doing all your own work.
11. Remove the Diversions and Distractions meteors and evil trees. As well as the spy on penguin mini-game. If not remove them then at least rework them so they are not an easy way to get levels.
12. The only PvP will be in scheduled tournaments within the Duel Arena. There would need to be a minimum requirement for participants, but no maximum. All prizes for the winners will be set randomly. Ex: Prize for a low level tournament might be a steel platebody for the winner. Something that might be useful for that level range or at least be useful soon for that level range . The tourneys should have a 5 level range set to them. There would be a list on the entrance of the duel arena with that days tournaments listed. Updated at midnight Jagex time. The list would have the tournament levels and prizes and would vary from world to world. If a tournamnet has a lot of people in it then use a timer similar to the familiar timer to notify the person that their fight is coming up soon. They have one minute to click the I am ready message or they forfeit the fight.
13. Increase the amount of revenants in the wilderness. Make it rough, not too rough, but rougher than it is now.
14. Split mining into 2 categories, Ore mining and Ess mining. Leave the ore mining xp as it is. Change ess mining to something along the lines of the way granite mines. Meaning when you mine ess you get it in chunks of various sizes. Then you use a chisel on it to craft the actual ess used in runecrafting. Various size chunks yeilding various amounts of runecraftable ess. You would get a small amount of runecrafting xp per runecraftable ess made. Maybe 1 point. The higher your ess mining level is the more chance that you will get the bigger chunks. Put the old mining movement and accompanying sounds back.
15. Rework the Smithing scoring. 1.5 to 2 times the current experience. This will be needed to make your own armor.
16. Rework Construction. Make it so the player actually builds the room addition after buying the permit to do so. Add a room for pets, a Kennel or zoo? Add a masonry sub-category which requiers levels and training from the dwarves. It would add marble and granite as resources for construction instead of just buying them. Make mortar, etc. Up the xp per item made and the resource amounts to make it. Ex: It would take 20 cut limestone bricks and 5 buckets of mortar, with a trowel in your inventory, to make a fireplace, but the xp would go up accordingly as well. It would take many loads to build the walls and roof of a room, but the xp would be worth it. Any changes of the appearance of the outside of the house would require building a facade, or removing the old facing and replacing. You could also add a way to make red bricks, they were around in medieval times.
17. Either no blessing gravestones or just remove them entirely. If remove them then the player that died loses all but the 3 most expensive items, unless the appropriate prayer to protect one more is used. The lost items would not appear to anyone else and would disappear for that player in 2 minutes. If leaving them then 2 minutes or the gravestones and the items disappear from the game. Use the built in protection for combat. If a disconnect occurs the timer on the items/gravestones stops after 1 minute has elapsed. Or it would not start until the player logs back in if the disconnect occurred in battle and the player died.
18. Add an option to the tools menu in the interface to set whether or not you want the automatic or manual game play. Ex: You may want to check automatic for herblore and the game will do what it does now. You may also want to check manual for fletching when you are making arrows then check automatic when making bows.
19. Interface changes. Combine friends and ignore lists into one tab. Combine the quests and achievement diaries into one tab. Put the summoning tab back. Remove the notepad entirely.
20. Remove the in game music and area sounds entirely. If someone wants to listen to music while playing then they can supply their own. Both of those are a waste of bandwidth.