Should i play half life?

27 posts

Flag Post

I’ve had the orange box for a while now… never really had the urge to play it =p
Is it worth it?

Flag Post

Yes.

Flag Post

Probably, no.
It is a good game, but newer games, like bioshock, will outshine it.

Flag Post

Half Life 1 with expansions is definitely worth playing even now. One of best FPS ever.

Flag Post

Yeah, definitely.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Arbitor165:

Yeah, definitely.

eh why not, gonna do it when i can then.
(it’s what came with OB though, so i think that’s HL2 and HL2 2

Flag Post

Play HL2 for sure.

Flag Post

I am thinking to get HL1 on PS2 :/

Flag Post

HL1 is well worth it. There are better games, but it is still a fun game if you get around the graphics. The diffaculty ramps up insanely at one point, and it will take you a while to get used to it. Its a semi-hard, fun game, and has a great younger brother you should play after you finish it. Dont quote me on this, but if you get Half Life:Source, im pretty sure it makes the game easier.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Snipe27:

HL1 is well worth it. There are better games, but it is still a fun game if you get around the graphics. The diffaculty ramps up insanely at one point, and it will take you a while to get used to it. Its a semi-hard, fun game, and has a great younger brother you should play after you finish it. Dont quote me on this, but if you get Half Life:Source, im pretty sure it makes the game easier.

Don’t even have HL1

Flag Post

Black Mesa Source!

Flag Post

If you want a free copy of Half Life one, try Black Mesa:

http://release.blackmesasource.com/

If your looking to play Half Life 2, I recommend playing through the first one first.

Flag Post

Haven’t played Half Life 2 yet, but Half Life is alright.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Adam12341845:

If you want a free copy of Half Life one, try Black Mesa:

http://release.blackmesasource.com/

If your looking to play Half Life 2, I recommend playing through the first one first.

I somehow never knew HL1 was remade. Thank you for linking this, Ima go play through high-res HL1 now.

And I disagree that intimate knowledge of HL1 is needed for HL2. All you need to know is that in HL1 shit happened and you managed to open a portal that let aliens in. And you can gather that much just from HL2 dialogue and shit.

Originally posted by coderTrav:

Haven’t played Half Life 2 yet, but Half Life is phenomenal.

What. You need to go do that.
How are there all these people who haven’t played the HL series?

Flag Post

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6126-Half-Life

Flag Post

HL1 is amazing, hands down Half Life is one of the top 10 game franchises. HL2 is unforgettable, and HL2 Episode 1 and Episode 2 are unbelievable too.

Flag Post

if you like games with a good storyline, then yes

Flag Post

I Have a PS2 but didn’t know it was available for the PS2 too ?

Flag Post

It’s literally must-play.

Flag Post

dont paly halflife 2 it is horrible. halflife 1 is alright but nothing amazing

Flag Post
Originally posted by UNRIVALEDUDE52:

I bet you think COD is a great, original series.

Flag Post

i wouldnt recommend you coming to gambling hall buddy. halflife 2 is a terrible game and anyone with eyes can see that. the weapons are sparse and uninteresting, they recycle the same enemies for the entire game. all the combines are practically the same just with barley changed equipment. zombies headcrabs and antlions are so shortlived and pitiful that they may as well not even exist. the vehicle portions feel extremely funneled and every single weapon is just a boring old hitscan that is beaten by the next or a weapon that you only use because you need to for that part. there is no redeeming feature in that game today. at the time it was kindof cool because of gravity gun and the physics and graphics were alright. also the forced cutscenes are boring and tedius if you want to replay the game you have to go through these again and again or cheat past them which is just lame.

tell me a single part of halflife 2 that you thought made it anything better than mediocre

Flag Post

Now with Black Mesa, I suggest you play that and then go to HL2.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UNRIVALEDUDE52:

Yep Half Life 2 is terrible, that’s why it’s one of the only games I’ve played through tons of times.

Flag Post

you can say that with any game bro. im just saying that everything hl2 has is easily overlooked by other similar games. in that way it is mediocre at best