ES-Razzi Tutorials - Transferring Save Files

19 posts

Flag Post

TUTORIAL DIRECTORY

In response to the Vista transfer help, I have decided to make a thread on how to transfer Mac save files from one website to another. If this is a repeat thread, I apologize.

I AM STILL WORKING ON THIS GUIDE TO INCREASE ACCURACY.

1) Open Finder

2) On the left side of the menu, under the PLACES tab, click on the USER name (Below desktop and above Applications)

3) Open LIBRARY

4) Scroll down to PREFERENCES – open

5) Scroll down to MACROMEDIA – open

6) Open FLASH PLAYER

7) Open #SHAREDOBJECTS

8) Open the folder that appears there (My computer has A32PLE33)

9) Open the website folder that the game is in.

10) As in the PC case, we will use Gemcraft. Go to the armorgames.com folder and copy both giabGencraftPreferences.sol and giabGemCraftSaveData.sol over to chat.kongregate.com. You can just post it there in the file without going any deeper.

It should look something like this:

WHEN COPYING OTHER GAMES, YOU COPY THE .SOL FILES; THESE FILES WILL BE SAVED AS THE FILE TYPE DOCUMENTS! SAVE GAME FILES WILL VARY!

Thank you Razzi3l for this information.

Sol Files
These are the save files for Flash. You can transport them between computers so your progress on games aren’t lost between computers.

To see the folder that the files are in, you must enable Show Hidden Files & Folders in Folder Options.

In Windows 2000/XP

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\

In Windows 95/ME

C:\Windows\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\random series of letters and numbers\

In Mac OS 9

Macintosh HD/System Folder/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Shared Objects/random string of letters and numbers/

In Mac OS X

/Users/Short name/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#SharedObjects/random series of letters and numbers/

There will 2 folders, called chat.kongregate.com and kongregate.com. They both contain .sol files.

Video Tutorial

Click here to see a video tutorial.

If you are having problems, please contact me via shout or whisper and I will try to help you out. If there is a problem in this guide, please leave me a whisper.

Flag Post

*Transferring save files on OSX.

Flag Post

Thank you ;D

Flag Post

I can’t find the chat.kongregate.com folder!! Help!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Roadripper:

I can’t find the chat.kongregate.com folder!! Help!

bringing an old thred back frum duh teh grayve is not kool

Flag Post

You just missed Linux on yout tutorial.
It’s easy:
/home/user/macromedia/FlashPlayer/#SharedObjects/random numbers

;)

Flag Post

This has helped me a lot! Thank you.

Flag Post

On Linux (and probably Mac Os X) you can use the same save files on different sites (in this example Armor Games and Kongregate). To do that you must first empty your cache.armorgames.com sol folder and than add as a root following line to /etc/fstab (of course with your user name and random code):

/home/[user name]/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/[random code]/chat.kongregate.com /home/[user name]/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/[random code]/cache.armorgames.com auto bind 0 0

This way you will have your Armor Games sol folder bound to Kongregate folder and every save made on this two sites will be identical. I think it is also possible on Mac Os using different folders, but I can’t test it.

Flag Post

Thank you so much!

Flag Post

Hey ES ;) Want me to give you a link for the tutorial?
Mines filmed on,
XP. Still, it’s the same (nearly)

Flag Post

Thank you for the tutorial, helped me a lot :)

Flag Post

i need to save it on the new computer in the same place right?

Flag Post

not exactly, there will be a different random string of digits and letters, you first need Flash engine to create that folder. Usually if you save a single game, this will create the folder and its structures underneath.

Flag Post

Any idea how to do this in OS X Lion?

Flag Post

Found out here: http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/22/access-user-library-folder-in-os-x-lion/

“All you need to do is hit Command+Shift+G from the Mac desktop (or Finder > Go > Go to Folder) and type in ~/Library”

Flag Post

Please EndlessSporadic read my topic here
This is a link

If it is possible I’d like to transfer a flash game’s progress I made on my Windows XP machine to my Ubuntu 10.04 laptop. Read my topic for details regarding the exact files in both the systems.

Flag Post

I was using Mozilla Firefox and I switched to IE10. I can play the game using IE 10 without losing any progression. I think the Kong folder is not only browser related, but a folder in my desktop? How do I locate it. I am using Windows 7 and I cant seem to find where my saved games are. I read through the Technical support and I still cant find it. I want to have a backup.

Flag Post

I’m on Mac OSX 10.7.3 and I use Google Chrome version 29.0.1547.65.

My .sol files are not located in the place OP mentions. If you can’t find yours try looking here(shout out to Xenon):

Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Pepper Data/Shockwave Flash/WritableRoot/#SharedObjects/[NUMBERS]/chat.kongregate.com/gamez/0013/3293/live

Thats just for Chrome. If you have another browser and you’re having trouble maybe goto the same Application Support folder and look for your browser application and dig into the folders. It might be in there.

Flag Post

Thanks Edifus, kudos for the answer. You were the only one pointing out the exact location for Kong saves on Mac OS X.
Sorry for the gravedigging, but was kinda important to me. :P