[Closed] XCOM: Enemy Unknown Giveaway [or 600 Kreds]

59 posts

Flag Post

As stated, I’m feeling generous again. However, this time is a little different. Rather than a contest of sorts, it’s a random giveaway.

Full Disclosure: Contest does require winner to give mailing address for delivery of game. Choice of PS3 or 360 hard copy of game. [Or choice of 600 Kreds]

Rules: Basically just a post in this thread qualifies you. Preferably a post about why you loved the original X:Com or just a great video game memory in general.

Cut-off: Entries must be submitted by 18:00 Central time on October 16th, 2012. http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

I know this “contest” is very simplistic compared to my others, but the goal is to simply give additional love to XCOM and all its’ glory. A reinvention of a gaming golden God.

Flag Post

One of my favorite gaming moments is in Final Fantasy Tactics. I could take the Calculator “easy way out”, but I refuse and instead stick to solid… tactics.

Pride.

Flag Post

Plus one post count. Also loot want.

Not sure if I want SicMirx to have my address.

Flag Post

Oh, totally. My whole goal with all of my contests has been to get your address, CC. Gimme! smirx

Flag Post
Originally posted by SicMirx:

Oh, totally. My whole goal with all of my contests has been to get your address, CC. Gimme! smirx

Flag Post

I loved walking out of my skyranger only to have every single member of my squad die in several horrid ways.

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure you’ll give away a NTSC copy, so I am fucked as a PAL user. And it will be English, so I can’t let my brother play.
If that an old problem that has been solved by HD, them gimme PS3.
I loved R&C because, you had BIG guns. And I loved to blow up these soldiers with their helmets. Is that enough?

Flag Post

Never played XCOM, but this game looks awesome :D
Edit: Even if a person is picked randomly by a computer, do I even qualify?

Flag Post

Sorry for the belated reply, but everyone qualifies, Mossy. Well, save for me. I have no use for two copies.

Flag Post

My favorite part of the original was the terror missions. My squaddies would be in the wrong place, wrong time, but the aliens would end up going after the civilians instead, keeping my dudes alive.

Flag Post

Oh… A PS3 copy would be sweet… The younger brother of my PS1 X-Com, hehehe! If needed, I’ll pay the transport taxes, for sure! Regards from Brazil!

Flag Post

Sorry for the double post… I forgot to read the preferably action in rules…

Well, my fond memories are the loadout half my squad always had… Rocket lauchers and HE explosives! A few electroflares depending on the time, but the flames from the explosions illuminate quite well, hehehe!

Flag Post

Okay, so for the lack thereof of participation in this “contest”, I’m going to add into the mix that instead of XCOM, you can receive 600 Kreds instead. Obviously, no address required in that regard.

Flag Post

Free cheese, yay!
I liked X-COM:Apocalypse more. Real-time, interesting diplomacy. Shame, that this game was unfinished.

Flag Post

I loved playing The Simpsons Hit and Run on my PS2 when I was a kid. Okay, it may have been ‘inspired’ by the GTA games but this bought things to a different level – collectible cards, five characters (okay, it doesn’t sound like much now but back then…), tons of vehicles and locations and even specially made clips and recorded sounds of the game! I loved it and if any of you don’t have the game, get it. NOW. Eep.

Flag Post

So I don’t own a PS3 or Xbox 360, but I won’t turn down a shot at 600 Kreds (I might not be able to use them now, but I’m going to get a new laptop at some point, anyway).

As far as favorite video games are concerned, I’ll have to go with the game that started it all for me (well, the first game I played long enough to realize that I was actually good at it): Donkey Kong Country 2. First played it in ~1996 at a friend’s house along with a handful of other games on his Super Nintendo (one of which has frustrated me for not knowing the name of it to this day—but that’s another story). It quickly got to the point where that was all I wanted to play, as I wanted to continue progressing further along in the game. Then in 2000, he gave me the Super Nintendo with DKC2 and two other games. I played it a lot after that (far too much, if you ask my mother) until I finally completed it (not with 100% completion, however—that’s just crazy). It’s been a few years now since I touched it (since my move in 2008), but I bet I could still breeze through it on sheer muscle memory alone.

Flag Post

600 kreds would be awesome! I don’t own an Xbox 360 or PS3. Some of my best video game memories would be when a bunch of my friends and I would all get together and have a super smash bros tournament. As we got older we switched to Melee.

Flag Post

Seeing you mention tactics makes me remember how great that game is. It probably has over 300 hours spent between the advance one and the ds one.

Flag Post

I’m .. sorry, but I don’t know what XCOM is. I can check it out sooner or later, but until then, a (hopeful) qualification for 600 kreds.

Flag Post

Best video game moment is beating the Original Resident Evil (directors cut) with just the combat knife. So much pride.

As far as XCom goes. I always had a couple of scout teams. And then three people in full alien flying armor with all the best everything, just sitting in the middle of the mission. They would wind up having 120% chance to hit with snap shots, it was just silly. Me and my brothers still joke to this day about how it is possible to miss your target as badly as those guys did.

One day, I plan on beating the original XCom on the hardest difficulty (with the unofficial patches). Have tried it a couple of times, and there are just too many alien bases. You can’t kill them all! And then you get attacked every other week. Its rather painful.

Thank for the giveaway, and appreciating the classic games.

Flag Post

I already pre-ordered X-Com, but I wouldn’t say no to 600 kreds. One of my favorite things in the original game was coming across a house with an alien or two holed up inside. Sure, I could go through the front door and up the stairs, but that takes time and my troops hated going up stairs. Just demolish the house with rocket launchers. To totally misquote Aliens, Demolish the house with rockets – it’s the only way to be sure.

Flag Post

+1 post counting

Flag Post

i guess i’ll share 2 memories, 1 about xcom and one about something else

xcom when i was young, and pc gaming was relatively new(…) I was playing at one of my friends houses, and he asked if i wanted to play xcom (i have no idea which one), he said it was a pc game that was like a board game about an alien invasion. in my mind i was imagining something like monopoly or cluedo mixed with starwars or something(as these were the only board games i had ever played). when we started playing i didnt really understand the game, and how it worked so my level of enjoyment and tactics were very low…. however because of this i gradually got into historical turn based games, and then into strategy games like command and conquer, so xcom was kind of a ‘gateway’ game for me…

mystic quest mystic quest is a final fantasy spin off game on the super nintendo, It was the first turn based rpg i had ever played, and unlike xcom i really loved this, the music the setting, the storylike, everything appealed to me. to this day it is one of my all time favorite rpgs

Flag Post

<<<<< See that name? thegame_vice

That guy is going to win =D

Flag Post

My most memorable VG moment was original PlayStation game Grandia. When you fall down into the dungeon with cleo (I don’t remember his name I renamed him I’m pretty sure.) But anyhow, you land in a pile(tangled up with the other person) in the total dark. He starts feeling around and grabs a warm slightly gelatinous object immediately thinks its a blob monster and yells watch out ill protect you. Then she slaps him cause it was really her boob he had grabbed.