Video Games skrew ups.

17 posts

Flag Post

Stuff like gamer mishaps,glitches, and loops.

Flag Post

I’m a bit confused… Is that what you want to talk about in here? Or were you just trying to mention they happen and that it can be both funny and suck at the same time?

… Well, either way:

I’ve definitely glitched through buildings in more than one game, but Assassin’s Creed sticks out, currently. And I had some frozen floating zombies in Dead Island for quite awhile.

Things like this just assume me, especially when they don’t matter much. I can quickly fix it and don’t really lose any progress.

When I have entire questlines stop functioning in Skyrim though, that can get a bit frustrating. Since the game isn’t linear, it’s hard to just back up to a save if you’ve only just realized where it glitched. :(

Flag Post

Fallout New Vegas…. One of the buggiest/glitchy games I ever played. VATS into a rock to kill a Cazador, had to reload 5 levels back because auto save feature kept getting corrupted.

Flag Post

>glitches

Sonic ’06. That is all.

Flag Post

The first glitch I remember happen to me was when I was playing as Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy. I was in the Dusty Dune Galaxy on the second star. I took the path that the green arrow was pointing to that led to a warp pipe. When it took me to the little box area, I progressed to the ramp that would let me walk on the wall. However, I went around the ramp instead and pushed on the corner. Then, for some strange reason, I fell through the floor. For five minutes, Luigi was left in limbo until he died.

One annoying bug I had was when the music stopped playing in Megaman 7. I have no idea what could of caused it.

The worst case of glitches and problems I had was in SW:TFU. The first disk I got got corrupted half way though the game. It wouldn’t save or recognize the optional objectives I’ve done. There would be the strange graphical error I get where the colors are smeared everywhere causing the game look terrible. The worst part is that there would be the many times I fell through the floor or, in one case, I get crushed through the floor and remain underneath there for all of etenity.

I could go on, but it would take up about a whole page of this topic.

Flag Post

I killed a japanease troop in call of duty World at War and it was the one that has a bush on him because it hides in the grass and gets up to attack. Ususally by charging at you with a meelee weapon.

Well I killed it and it didn’t fall over so I was able to get a close look at him standing up. Really cool

Also in WoW somebody showed me how to get into the ironforge airfield from loch modan before they opened the area.

Flag Post

in half-life when you try to kill the gman its like metal your bullet is all reflecty and then he walk away wow

Flag Post

When i was doing a mission in just cause 2 i used the grappling hook around the to of a building, then i noticed i was stuck in the roof when i changed my camera view. I had to reset the mission.

Flag Post

I got downed in the CoD: WaW campaign, and something was wrong with the way I did it.. My entire arm with my gun was sticking out of my crotch. Me and my friend then proceeded to laugh continuously for the next 20 minutes.

Flag Post

I often have to worry if an achievement or a trophy is going to glitch on me. Fortunately, while having played hundreds of games in my time, very few have really caused me that much grief.

I think the biggest misfortune was when my Too Human game got corrupted. It taught me a valuable lesson of not playing console games during thunderstorms. While hardly a good game by most players standards, I found the petty grinding, and killing to be rather enjoyable and almost relaxing.

Took a picture of this a few weeks ago and sent it to my roommate who was out at the time. It was funny because we were actually just having a conversation about how often I use exploits and such in games to achieve desired results. While this picture isn’t me doing anything particularly breathtaking, it was at least humorous. inFamous: a lonely police officer trying his hand at using a turret.

Flag Post

i’ve had a game-breaking bug before, after you beat dr tongue for the first time in ZAMN, the last victim may dissaper, making it to where you can’t save her and finish the level, and thus the game!

Flag Post

Funniest glitch is in GTA San Andreas. You can walk through one of the walls by the pool at the safe house in Mulholland. One you’ve walked through, walk around for a while. CJ will start falling into a hole of nothingness. After a few seconds, you’ll end up on a road near Vinewood, completely unharmed. I tried using it to tp away from cops but it did’t quite work out.

Flag Post

In Sleeping Dogs, one time I grabed a person in a hospital, shoved them against a wall, and me and the person flew out of the hospital and went like 100 feet in the air, then fell.

Flag Post

Missingno in Pokémon Red and Blue.

Flag Post

I killed Commander Caius in Whiterun but his dead body continued to follow me around

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lordleelee2:

Fallout New Vegas…. One of the buggiest/glitchy games I ever played. VATS into a rock to kill a Cazador, had to reload 5 levels back because auto save feature kept getting corrupted.

And I think that you forgot a few quest glitches that cause some chacacters to be in the wrong places or that causes
the dialoge to be unable to update. I also have a few problems because I get stuck in places I should not be due to
melee attack pushing me to them. Others are more useful, for example, if you have the full maintenance perk, the holorifle does not decay with normal ammo. Also, there is a quirk that makes easy to get deadly equipment by dragging to somewhere nobody sees you and picking it up. It means that you can, for example, get a plasma caster for
free with it.
In Bioshock, if you kill Sander Cohen in his apartment, he will attack you if you burn his quadtich despite he was supposed to be dead.

Flag Post

i found one in mario 64 where you can “glitch” your way up the endless stairs with less than 70 stars! (special thanks to mike matai, aka mofo mike, for letting me know about this)