[Competition] Vorp Cup #1

217 posts

Flag Post

(Game Link: http://www.kongregate.com/games/ENDGamesLLC/vorp?acomplete=vorp)

And the winners are: S7ChronosMike, stealthy1st, unzip4, Superfury, Wuzu, Colin50505, chrisballin561, bpwwhirl, loser4, TheDavidCarney, pwnednoobs, LazyBe, master001749, xJosh, and SkyDark1! You all get a neon wallpaper which I will PM you about later today.

Stealthy1st and unzip4 also did some amazing scores, thus they will also have the option of a space-style wallpaper if they would like..

The kred winner will be announced later when ant4505 makes his decision about who it is.

Hey all, it’s TAO, and I’m offering to do a small competition. Unfortunately, the Vorp forums don’t really have enough people, so I thought it might be better to post it in the main forums and get some more people to join in =).

Anyways, here it goes:

The Cup Challenge:

As a Vorp Pilot, your goal is to destroy buildings quickly, and get as many kills as possible without dying. This competition is here to see just how well you can do that.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to try to gain the highest Kill Count, Kill/Death Ratio, or Score possible. You will be compared to all other posters in the same ship, and the winners from each category will win a free customized neon-line-style wallpaper from me.

In addition, the top player will receive 200 courtesy kreds from ant4505 at the end of the competition.

Tell me More about the Prize

What do the wallpapers look like, you ask? Here are some examples:
1, 2, 3, 4

The winners of the competition will tell me how they want their wallpaper styled (color, shape, linestyle, etc) as well as their computer’s resolution, and I will make the wallpaper according to those specs. From there, they can decide if they wish to share the wallpaper or not, and I will either send it to them via email, or post it on DeviantArt and Kongregate so that everyone can download it (in other words, sharing is nice =D).

How do I participate?

Simply post a screenshot of your match finishing page or the match record page (if you want to show off, put exclamation points around the link so everybody can see it). Actually, pretty much any screenshot will do, as long as it shows me your final kill count, K/D ratio, and score for the match. Once you post the screenshot, I’ll look over it at sometime and update the scoresheet with your score. If your score is still in the top 5 when the competition ends, you will be memorialized there permanently, and all future competitions will be able to look on your past accomplishments.

Please make sure that your matches are after the start of the competition. Matches that occurred before then will not be accepted in this competition, sorry =/.

In terms of wallpapers, only the top player for each category will get a wallpaper (sorry, I’m already doing potentially 42; doing 210 would be just exhausting). But don’t worry if someone beats you; chances are some people will allow me to post the work I do for them, and you can download those for your own desktop if you would like!

Keep in mind; you don’t have to qualify for all three categories in a ship to post. If you have a high kill amount, or a high score, but a low K/D ratio, that’s fine, you can still go for those two categories.

That Sounds like Fun! When does it end?

The competition will last two weeks. You can enter as many categories as you want, as many times as you want. Please don’t update your posts; just make a new post if you get a better score. Don’t feel excluded to any one or two ships; try something new, you may find you like it!

And may the best ship win!

Best of luck to you all,
-TAO

P.S. If someone does something sheerly amazing (like a 20.0 K/D ratio in Angelfire), I’ll also be willing to do a space scene wallpaper too. Kinda like this one. But it needs to be really amazing!

Flag Post

PIES!!!

Flag Post

my score I do today on turbo its does’t count

Flag Post

wtf, competition just ended

Flag Post

No the competiton start today and the competition have 42 categories and im a staff so my score does’t count I do it for fun !

Flag Post

Flag Post

heres mine tao

Flag Post
Originally posted by Superfury:

heres mine tao

stuck on how to post my screenshot

Flag Post

heres mine tao

It didn’t post. You might need to try it again.

Flag Post

Hey master, I can’t use your second one, it was done on the 23rd, before the competition. Sorry about that =(. On the other hand, your angelfire score is in!

Flag Post

GO VORP!!!!! :)

Flag Post

hello all, we have a new prize :200 kred for the best of the best yes I say 200 KRED for free . Have fun and good luck all

Flag Post

Score from my friend Wabalo

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

There you go!

Flag Post

Updated the Scoresheet!

Flag Post

It was very hard.

Flag Post

Here is mine. :3 Love my Dulorean.

Flag Post

I know you love it stealthy1st and you have a good score 0 death .. its sure you are not vs me :D

Flag Post

Hello all competitor , I will just say you can invite your VROP friend to participate because we havent at least 2 or 3 competitor at the same ship .
Pass a good competition and have fun :D

Flag Post

Updated! Thanks guys!

Flag Post

Bild

Flag Post

Bild

Flag Post

Bild

Bad that i cant get on older matches with other Ships :-(