Kongregate Save Funorb Games!

25 posts

Flag Post

Sorry about second posting, I haven’t posted things on Kongregate Forums before.

Here is a link to the original thread… If anyone know’s how to move it or delete it I would appreciate the help.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/1-kongregate/topics/317337-kongregate-purchase-funorb-games?page=1#posts-6688281

==========

I know a lot of people have heard about Runescape, or atleast my generation went through a big Runescape phase. But what about Funorb?

www.funorb.com is a soon to be dead website that is dead because the owners of the website haven’t updated since back in 2010. But there are still people who like the games on their (mainly the top 10 one listed on the homepage), and would hate to see their favorite games like Arcanists, AoG, Miner Disturbance, etc. die off permanently because the owners of the website have been slacking.

So my and many others cry for help is please don’t let the games die. They are excellent games with nearly limitless amounts time that can be poured into them. If Kongregate can do anything to help everyone that likes funorb would really appreciate it.

Many people are still willing to pay a membership fee for exclusive content.

The company that currently own the website is Jagex. The same company that recently released the game “Ace of Spades” on “Steam”, and owns “Runescape”.

Anyone who finds this thread, please bump it up! Don’t let the games die! :’(

==========

I forgot to post this a second ago… Here is a weblink to the Funorb Forums which is trying to keep the games alive.

http://services.funorb.com/m=forum_fo/forums.ws?7,8,240,110544

==========

Again sorry about repost. :P

Flag Post

again, i agree and support you.

I hope this gets a lot of views…
i like funorb.

Flag Post

Funorb is fun.

Hopefully Kongregate can do something for them.

Flag Post

you should ask gamestop to buy funorb if you ask kongregate they will ask gamestop to buy it

Flag Post

Honestly, if Kongregate were to buy funorb, that would be the biggest miracle since funorb was created. Full support here :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by ajx30009:

you should ask gamestop to buy funorb if you ask kongregate they will ask gamestop to buy it

To me it doesn’t really matter who buys funorb, or even if funorb dies, what I care about is the games. So if GameStop were to buy them that would be fine too. =)

Could you explain how I could ask Kongregate or GameStop to buy the rights to the games or Funorb itself? That was really what the whole point of these threads were about. So if you (or anyone else for that matter) could help in me and the others who likes the games save them, that would be the goal we have in mind, and we would appreciate it. =)

Flag Post
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

Honestly, if Kongregate were to buy funorb, that would be the biggest miracle since funorb was created. Full support here :D

Thank you for the added support. If everyone can, help spread the word to save the Funorb games. Funorb might die, but it’s the games and the fun that comes with them that we want to save!

Flag Post

8 Posts Here!
30 Posts on other thread!
38 Posts Total!

Thank you for the posts!
I post often as to try to keep these threads alive.

Keep the posts Coming! Save Funorb’s games!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aushrekal:
Originally posted by ajx30009:

To me it doesn’t really matter who buys funorb, or even if funorb dies, what I care about is the games. So if GameStop were to buy them that would be fine too. =)

Could you explain how I could ask Kongregate or GameStop to buy the rights to the games or Funorb itself? That was really what the whole point of these threads were about. So if you (or anyone else for that matter) could help in me and the others who likes the games save them, that would be the goal we have in mind, and we would appreciate it. =)

You would need a good reason for kongregate/gamestop to buy the rights to the games before anything happens.

Flag Post

dude funorb is dead because the guys in charge were bad. they like hardly made games and were to slow. games werent even that good besides that dig game

Flag Post

Arcanists and AoG can be saved. Mostly Arcanists would be nice. but yeah, let’s save funorb!

Flag Post

Ok, I’ve sent the link in a shout to all the moderators of the GG, OT, and kong forums.

Flag Post

You’ll have to send a PM to the administrators of Kongregate (or contact them directly) rather than shout the mods, who really can’t do anything.

Flag Post

Honestly, I dont really think there is anything to be done… Jagex isn’t going to sell a website of theirs, they are not going to make new games, and this forum has been created way too many times to have any affect anymore

Flag Post

I’d hate to see Arcanists die. Even if Kong can’t save it, maybe another website can.

Flag Post

The only game on funorb that I actually liked a bought membership to was the armies of gielinor.

Flag Post

I must have spent hundreds when Funorb was alive just for Arcanists. The only game I have ever bought a subscription for.

I’ve come to accept it’s gone now though. :l (Even though it’s still here, it’s a zombie.)

Flag Post

Speaking of zombies, the multiplayer games weren’t the only fun things to do on FunOrb. I LOVE zombie dawn and play it from time to time. The multiplayer was the main fun thing though, and it isn’t fun today because there is nobody in the lobbies. If Kongregate/GameStop doesn’t buy the games, SOMEONE must! Keep these games alive!

It would go well with JAGEX bringing back “Old School RS” :)

Flag Post

bump

Flag Post

I used to play Arcanists. Those were awesome days. It would be a shame to see it die after all that.

Flag Post

I’m ranked # 2 overall on funorb =p. I LOVE FUNORB. It was the best gaming site on the internet for a few years. After it died I came over to kongregate, which is now probably the best gaming site on the internet. Gotta love Funorb, it can easily be turned over for a large profit since there’s already a large base of paying members, and the setup of the site is wonderful and if any advertisement went into it whatsoever it could be an extremely good investment. Full support and I’d want none other than kongregate to take it over. Jagex kinda sucked….lol

Flag Post

armies of gielinor is my favorite..It is totally enjoyable and influential..I just amazed by it’s 3d effects.Which is best part of it.

awesome games

Flag Post

Kongregate master race.

Flag Post

OK so after about 20 mins of digging I found this “https://secure.jagex.com/m=affiliates/apply.ws” This is jadex’s Become and affilates or a host for the game. So all kong has to do is have the admin or who ever is in charge of this department apply to host the games.

Games are just like gods, they don’t die they are just forgotten.

Flag Post

https://secure.jagex.com/m=affiliates/apply.ws
the html screwed up the words. The real fixed link.