Unnamed Game page 2

121 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Edeslash:

Stick to that graphical style at all costs.

The problem is that the background and the spell effects don’t co-operate well with the characters.

I agree with this. On another note, that Mammoth is pretty cool.

Flag Post

Docu, the graphics really aren’t bad. The Thunderbird looks good. I suggest improving the HUD though.

Flag Post

Generally I like Mafia games like Pocket Mafia but I will definitely try your fantasy game.

Flag Post

Looks a great Monster game!

Flag Post

Thanks for a lot for the support guys!! Lots of people have posted since yesterday, and I will try to reply to all.
@Edeslash – I will. Actually I don’t know any other graphical types! Lots of people are talking about how the background does not agree with the sprites, but I am afraid I just don’t understand :(. Can you direct me to some background that seems better? On google, perhaps?

@NevenT – Thanks! Yes it is inspired by Epic war series. It is also inspired by LotR, Eragon, Harry Potter, Narnia, Ge. Ne. Sis (Flash game) and Kane Chronicles. There are 18 Story Missions, 15, Extra Missions and 2 Ultimate Missions (Final Bosses). Yes, there is a story in game. I have not even released one game, how can you ask if I will make another game? :). I don’t know what I will name it! In response to your shout, I have no idea. Still some time though.

@bjjdude – I have no idea why. Have you tried right-clicking and clicking on View Image?

@Beny071 – Thanks!

@GameBuilder – As soon as I finish spriting I will work on the HUD.

@Bobbyroy -Thank you! Personally I aslo like crime based games like GTA. Haven’t played Pocket Mafia though.

I have one request. Do you know a good name for a building from where you can train Pheonix, Thunderbird, Roc, Giant Eagle etc.? I already have a building call Dread Roost, so don’t make it like that.

Flag Post

can i throw a suggestion add a alien monster. i can not wait when it is release

Flag Post

Your every wish is my command! Will this do?

This is just a drawing, I haven’t coloured it yet!
Release is still far away, I’m afraid.

Flag Post

that look sick not bad for a alien. most RT side scolling games don’t have alien character =D

Flag Post

Introducing two new charecters – The Skryte and the Tiger Dragon.

By new, I mean ideas which suddenly popped onto my head and I acted on it immediately. By the way, it’s not fixed, but I don’t think the Skryte will be playable. It will be the desert boss, probably.

Flag Post

Oh no, edeslash, I think I failed you! I think I strayed from my graphical style! Does this look bad? If so, I will immediately edit these and tone down outline size. I tried to follow sulphite’s advice as well, but your suggestions are clashing!!

Flag Post

would it be some zombies there? something like undead soldier that can suck health point ?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Docu:

Screenshot of the game

Not bad, but there’s a lot of contrast from the units and the background, it looks kind of weird.

Flag Post

Everyone is complaining about the background!! Could you please link me to a better background on google or anything!!

Flag Post

People, please respond. Due to some scanning error, almost all new sprites have broader outlines. The Skryte and the Tiger Dragon is an example. Does this look okay? Some of the units shall have thinner outlines and some shall have broad ones, side by side in the game. Is this okay with everyone? Or else I will correct the error. Please, please respond!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Edeslash:

Stick to that graphical style at all costs.

The problem is that the background and the spell effects don’t co-operate well with the characters.

QFT.

And good luck on your project, Docu.

Flag Post

You could add some Anti-alising on the characters, the lines seems too rough in the battle picture.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

You could add some Anti-alising on the characters, the lines seems too rough in the battle picture.

Thanks, cesar. i’ve done it now.

@gust4v3 Thanks! By agreeing with Edeslash, do you mean I ought to stick to my old spriting style?

Flag Post

looks cool ..

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

Thanks, cesar. i’ve done it now.

@gust4v3 Thanks! By agreeing with Edeslash, do you mean I ought to stick to my old spriting style?

As Edeslash pointed out, the background and characters together seem really “weird”. But I’m not an art designer so I really can not explain what is going on there.

Flag Post

Okay guys here is another screenshot. I’ve greyed the background slightly, broadened outlines and added anti-aliasing. I’ve also been working on the HUD. It’s nothing great, I know, but I think it’s better than the one before. Hope you like it!
http://postimage.org/image/603qsnjmj/

By the way, I showed the new sprites to my brother, and he says they look better and clearer than the ones before. So I am going to keep it. Hope you guys don’t mind.

Flag Post

Okay guys here is another screenshot. I’ve greyed the background slightly, broadened outlines and added anti-aliasing. I’ve also been working on the HUD. It’s nothing great, I know, but I think it’s better than the one before. Hope you like it!
http://postimage.org/image/603qsnjmj/

By the way, I showed the new sprites to my brother, and he says they look better and clearer than the ones before. So I am going to keep it. Hope you guys don’t mind.

It is fairly better now! A lot more fair.
I have to agree with him, it is much easier to see difference between the back and the creatures now. And yes, stick with that art style.
I’d suggest adding light shadows under the creatures, nothing too realistic,add something like a translucent grey circle, just some eye candy.

But always try to get better, experiment and try to make things better.

Flag Post

I’ve forgotten all about shadows! I’m going to add them now. I’m glad you like the screenshot.
BTW I am working on a short trailer now, a video of a single mission. For some reason Camstudio doesn’t work on my computer, do you know any other such software?

Flag Post

I’ve forgotten all about shadows! I’m going to add them now. I’m glad you like the screenshot.
BTW I am working on a short trailer now, a video of a single mission. For some reason Camstudio doesn’t work on my computer, do you know any other such software?

I don’t know, you could look it up, I really don’t know much about this kind of software.

Flag Post

Good luck with this project. Looking good so far.

Flag Post

Thank you, luckiest. I will try to make this game good.