Star Wars VS Halo with would win? page 29

1574 posts

Flag Post

Thank you cammy, that was magnificent.

Master: The question was presented in such a way as to assume that only the relative power is being measured. With the removal of outside variables, we can easily show that Halo cannot win.

Also; I don’t know what you are referring to; as even with random variable added in, Halo’s chances of winning would be infinitesimally small.

Flag Post

I think star wars, I read a lot deathstar blow up the main planet. the energy sorwd gravity hammer is nothing comper to the light saber and the black sorwd. the droids and clones and ewoks wookies and jedi and sith and the force with them. byby. they can beat halo and they can capture and study and copy them. the clones have lasers. halo dosn’t have sea battles watch out! the ships can beat them. And any thing i did not say about starwars winning that to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

Star Wars Killer 2.0

Shields: In Star Wars, larger ships are protected with a Ray Shield and a Particle Shield. These shields acted independently of each other, the Ray blocking energy-based weaponry, and the Particle blocking ballistic weaponry. The shields are able to sustain broad damage for massive amounts of time; and can generally only pierced by focused damage on a single location. Because of the double layered shield; it would require both Covenant and UNSC forces to be present; since no ship in the Halo universe is armed with both projectile and energy weaponry. The ships in Halo weren’t even all shielded. The UNSC did not use ship-sized shields; and those that the Covenant used were weak. They could be depleted in a few shots from a MAC, or with a single nuclear missile. In addition, they were forced to lower sections of their shield while firing their plasma weaponry. The shield systems in Halo are simply less powerful.

Also; the use of infantry shielding. In Star Wars, it isn’t particularly common, though Droideka were all equipped with a shield; making them very dangerous. In addition, shields were available against all sorts of damage sources; one of which was sonic. In Halo, all Spartans/Elites were equipped with shields; but they could be depleted with only a few rounds. The massive power difference between weapons would likely result in single hits being enough to deplete them with a blaster rifle. And, considering the firepower of the DC’s, this means even a Spartan or Elite would be decimated in barely two shots.

Weapons: We have been over this. Seriously. The ballistic weaponry used by the UNSC would be almost incapable of piercing the Star Wars ship’s shields; let alone the armor. The Covenant Ships, while more powerful, would still find it difficult to break through the more powerful shielding systems. Still, it would require fire from both ballistics and energy weapons, focused on a single point to disable the shields. The Halo forces simply don’t have the firepower capable to destroy a Star Wars fleet. Star Wars weaponry, on the other hand, is much more powerful. In addition, Star Wars ships are more heavily armed, for example, the armaments on an Imperial II-Star Destroyer were: 10 Tractor Beam Projectors, 20 Heavy Ion Cannons, 30 or more Turbolaser Batteries, 5 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, and 8 Ion Cannons. The weaponry on a UNSC Marathon-Class is 2 MACs, 5 Fusion Rockets, as many as 300 60-Rocket Archer Missile Pods, and several 50mm Point Defense guns, that could only be used for engaging fighters. This shows that the most powerful ships used by the UNSC are easily outmatched. The Covenant’s strongest ship, their Supercarrier, had a minimum of 7 Energy Projectors, along with an unknown amount of Plasma Turrets, and Pulse Laser Turrets for point defense. It is again beaten in heavy weaponry; though it may possess more light weapons; regardless, the comparative weakness of it’s weapons will result in the light weapons being almost entirely ineffective.

Land: We shall start with the Jedi and Sith: Because of their force manipulation; they will be easily able to dodge or reverse bullets, as well as the much-slower energy weaponry used by the Covenant. More advanced weaponry could still be blocked as easily as blaster fire. In addition, their lightsabers could easily disable plasma swords, thanks to their stronger magnetic field. Personal shielding would also prove to be useless against a lightsaber. For the most part, there is no defense against force blasts, other than having your own psionic abilities; which none of the Halo forces have. As such, a Jedi or Sith would easily be able to massacre the enemy forces.

In addition to the Jedi are the land troops. Consisting of Mandalorian clones, highly-trained Stormtroopers, and AI Battle Droids, they could easily outmatch anything Halo could provide. Both Mandalorians and Droids have superior speed, strength, endurance, and reaction times to humans, resulting in higher skill. They would also be highly resistant to all but the most powerful ballistic rounds. While Spartans would still be faster and stronger; they simply wouldn’t be able to defend against the massive firepower packed by the Star Wars forces, because of their weak defense.

Numbers: I saved this for last, because regardless of what Halo can come up with, this is the trump card. There were billions of Droids and Clones, with hundreds of millions being deployed in single battles. In addition, there were even more Stormtroopers. The Empire consisted of, and recruited from, millions of planets; resulting in a terribly massive number. Even using estimates, the number is enormous: If the Empire controlled only one million inhabited planets, and were only able to recruit one hundred thousand people off of each planet, that results in 100 billion Stormtroopers. In addition, a single Droid factory was capable of producing 1000 Droids per hour. Halo on the other hand consists of the UNSC, the Convenant, the Flood, and what’s left of the Forerunners. The UNSC consisted of the 210 inner colonies, some of which had been destroyed by the Covenant. Almost all of the Outer Colonies had already been glassed. The Covenant doesn’t have a listed amount of colonies, though it can be assumed to be slightly higher than the UNSC; since they were only able to field a slightly higher amount of units. The Flood are still easily defeated. Since they would be entering a new galaxy, they would be forced to ‘build’ a new Gravemind, which would leave them in their feral state for a long time. The Empire, unlike the Forerunner, would have no regrets destroying an infected planet to prevent the infection from spreading. In addition, the massive Droid army would be completely immune to infection, and therefore able to easily destroy any Flood infections; especially since the Flood are terribly weak against high-temperature weaponry.

Lastly, we have the Forerunner Keyship. The keyship is very powerful; it’s portal emitting an EM pulse, and possessing a powerful shield and laser array. The final keyship was most likely destroyed when installation 04b fired; but if it was not, there are still many reasons it would be ineffective. While being the most powerful ship remaining in the Halo universe; it is very close to being on-par with the Star Wars ships, though it still uses inferior weaponry. For this, I am going to say that the Yuuzhan Vong would be the most effective, as their ships are a combination of biological and technological systems. As they wouldn’t be completely disabled; they would be able to provide an adequate opposition. Their weapons consisted of pure plasma, and Worldships contained hundreds of them. In addition, their most powerful weapon, the Dread Weapon, was capable of ripping into enemy ships or stations, and ‘sucking out’ all of the lifeforms. In addition, their Dovin Basals were capable of generation micro-singularities, which would be lethal regardless of the Keyship’s defenses.

That was my original mega-post, which I thought was enough to end this discussion; but it apparently was not. So, I have decided to take some time to expand on the various topics covered above; including some more detailed explanations.

Shield: I really believe I have explained this as much as is necessary. I am, of course, assuming that before arguing you do know the basics of how energy shields work; and the primary difference between those in Star Wars and those in Halo. In Star Wars, there are separate shield: Those that protect against energy weaponry, and those that deflect against ballistics. These shields are assigned power as-needed based on what collides with the respective shields. This adaptive shielding, combined with the massive amounts of energy dedicated solely to the shields, result in a shield that can only be pierced by focused fire. Halo shields, on the other hand, are a single layer that defends against ballistics and energy weaponry. Halo’s shields also drain power from the ship’s primary power source; as opposed to an independent source. These factors, combined with the relatively low power output of the ships, results in a far more fragile shield.

Weapons: I suppose many of those who actually take the time to read this; and are discussing seriously, already know the basics of ballistic and energy weaponry. These can be divided into four categories: True Ballistics, Beam Weapons, Plasma Weapons, and Energized Bolts. True Ballistics are, however more advanced, low-velocity weapons that rely on kinetic energy and light explosives. They are the weakest weapons available. Beam weapons use an incredibly got beam of light that converts matter at the point of impact into plasma; giving it the ability to, at a massive power drain, bore through the targeted area. Plasma weapons use an electromagnetic field to hold plasma into a ‘ball’ of sorts, which causes massive damage on impact. The last, and generally most powerful, category of weapons are energized bolts. These weapons use a super-dense ‘bullet’ that is contained in a ball of plasma. This combines the kinetic power of a bullet, sped almost to the speed of light, with the energy damage of the plasma bolt. Star Wars features all of these weapons, though primarily plasma and charged bolt weapons. Halo, on the other hand, features only ballistics, weak plasma weaponry, and amazingly inefficient laser weaponry.

Land: Absolutely nothing here needs to be restated. Masterchief’s/Elite’s shields are incredibly weak. The armor employed by all Halo forces is incredibly weak. With an expanded understanding of the weapons, it is easy to establish that Halo is outgunned. A single shot from a bowcaster is more than capable of killing a Spartan. Two at most from a DC blaster. Factoring in that the DC is fully automatic, shoots plasma blasts that move at the speed of light, and has almost unlimited ammo; it cannot be argued that Halo has stronger units. Regarding the Flood: They aren’t a trump card, even remotely. The Flood are incredibly fragile, and would easily be mopped up by the massive legions of plasma-armed Clones/Droids/Troopers.

Numbers: For the love of god, I am not expanding on this. The odds are literally millions to one, against Halo; and the the Star Wars forces could create more units per day than exist in the Halo forces.

If you read nothing else in this post, please read this: If you are unwilling to make a valid point; and plan on simply shouting that your side is superior, please do not waste your time. If you do plan on making a valid post, please have read my entire post.

Flag Post

The question is too ambiguous… mebbe it should be like, “Which would win, the death star, or the eponymous halo?”
We don’t even know what time periods they’d be in or if they’d still be warring with each other, so any point for either side would be debatable in the scenario we’re given.

Flag Post

I think star wars, I read a lot deathstar blow up the main planet. the energy sorwd gravity hammer is nothing comper to the light saber and the black sorwd. the droids and clones and ewoks wookies and jedi and sith and the force with them. byby. they can beat halo and they can capture and study and copy them. the clones have lasers. halo dosn’t have sea battles watch out! They can attack any time from sea. the ships Have the sheilds and turrets and lassers and rockets all kind of ships starwars would win.

Flag Post

If you’re going to try to support my side, please make your posts legible.

Flag Post

halo would win (1)mac guns (2) spartans (3) cloak (4)shield regenaration (5) and a covenant armada!!

Flag Post

Inb4Literacy.

Flag Post

You can’t compare Halo with Star Wars. Both have significant differences.

Flag Post
Originally posted by blackeye999:

You can’t compare Halo with Star Wars. Both have significant differences.

Flag Post

lie

Flag Post

really really what kind kind of question is this well halo3 will win becuase 1 spartan can win legendary by its self + elites have invisiblity and halo reach new abilty.hunters :/

Flag Post

my new profile :D

Flag Post

Halo is strong too with the Spartans+Flood and everything, but Star Wars has more species known. Deadly Trandosans, Spartan-like trained Mandorlorains, millions of clone troopers with the Flood-like laser guns, well-designed armor, and they were trained from a young boy, and add that with bounty hunters, Republic Commandos from real gunfire training (some died in training), nearly infinity battle droids (stupid, but extremely powerful), AND add that with Jedi+Sith. Lightsbers could cut through metal, then why not bullets? STAR WARS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Flag Post

Halo. Why? Because Halo’s marines actually take cover, while stormtroopers/clone troopers stand out in the open like idiots. Also, the Jedi wouldn’t be able to block the bullets. Because when they raise their lightsaber to block the bullets, the bullets will melt, turn into pieces of molten slag, and still hit their faces and kill them. Also, have you seen the speed at which the Stormtrooper’s “lasers” go? They go about as fast as a baseball. Plus, the mighty covenant fleet vastly outnumbers the republic fleet.

EDIT: Also, have you seen a kid blow up a covenant vessel? No. In Star Wars? Yes. Luke is like “lolwut ima fly into this thingy here and press a few buttons, and boom! fly away!” He doesn’t even know what he’s doing and he still destroys it.

Flag Post

You aren’t particularly literate; are you?

The bullets wouldn’t “melt”. At the temperatures emitted by a lightsaber; they would be instantly vaporized, sorry.

The stormtrooper/droid/clones lasers/plasma don’t go slow. Regardless of the visual effects used in the movie; the designs for their weaponry would result in an instant strike.

As for the covenant fleet being larger than the republic fleet (Or any star wars fleet) is pure bullshit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

You aren’t particularly literate; are you?

The bullets wouldn’t “melt”. At the temperatures emitted by a lightsaber; they would be instantly vaporized, sorry.

The stormtrooper/droid/clones lasers/plasma don’t go slow. Regardless of the visual effects used in the movie; the designs for their weaponry would result in an instant strike.

Regardless, any baseball player could become a jedi, just without the force powers. And, didn’t you ever hear matter can’t be destroyed? It would be melted, not vaporized. I think YOU are the illiterate one here, because not only did you use the word “literate” in a wrong way, you also forgot the law that matter cannot be destroyed. So your argument is INVALID. And you didn’t challenge my arguments about the troopers not taking cover, or Anakin destroying a battleship by accident.

Flag Post

Black Ops wins because my mommy bought it for me.

Flag Post

Great; a horrible understanding of science to back your position.

Firstly; your comparison is similar to comparing a baseball player to a fencer; they’re both swinging something, but they’re both at far different skill levels.

Matter can’t be destroyed; but it can be vaporized or even ionized. Not to mention; matter can be converted to energy. As for literacy; I was implying that you were incapable of reading the various massive posts on this thread.

And I didn’t challenge your argument about cover because they’re simply ridiculous. The only time they’re seen not taking cover is typically when they’re marching in formation. Generally when droids are seen doing this; they are either in their own bases/ships or behind large shields. And, generally, it is only droids that are seen doing that.

Anakin destroying a battleship? Which battleship would that be? I assume you mean the Malevolence from The Clone Wars? I mean, you said Luke first… Then Anakin… Bit of a difference there, eh?

Flag Post

Great; a horrible understanding of science to back your position.

Firstly; your comparison is similar to comparing a baseball player to a fencer; they’re both swinging something, but they’re both at far different skill levels.

Matter can’t be destroyed; but it can be vaporized or even ionized. Not to mention; matter can be converted to energy. As for literacy; I was implying that you were incapable of reading the various massive posts on this thread.

And I didn’t challenge your argument about cover because they’re simply ridiculous. The only time they’re seen not taking cover is typically when they’re marching in formation. Generally when droids are seen doing this; they are either in their own bases/ships or behind large shields. And, generally, it is only droids that are seen doing that.

Anakin destroying a battleship? Which battleship would that be? I assume you mean the Malevolence from The Clone Wars? I mean, you said Luke first… Then Anakin… Bit of a difference there, eh?

Sorry, i meant Anakin, not Luke. :P Anway, here’s the video of him destroying the command ship. Skip to 3:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZXcWV0S7fo

As for the clones not taking cover, skip to 3:40. Notice how they mindlessly charge into the droid formations instead of erecting barriers or sandbags, or digging trenches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmPSHR708b8&feature=related

Now check out these Halo videos. Notice how the UNSC soldiers are seen taking cover whenever it is available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFmllhCvWE&feature=related

And i don’t see the ARCs or the Republic Commandos fighting like these Spartans do:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM&feature=related

As for the bullet argument, let’s just say the Jedi vaporizes the bullet. All right, fine, he vaporizes maybe 2 or 3. Then the other 20-30 bullets rip him to shreds. Also, how can you say that the shields in Halo are weaker? Do you have any scientific proof? Or are you just like “hurr durr halo shields can take only 2-3 shots, they’re weak!” How do you know the weapons in Halo aren’t simply more powerful?

Flag Post

You did notice that he fired torpedoes from inside the ship; ja?

Now, comparing the two battle scenes: One is relatively small forces in the shattered ruins of a city… The other is millions of units, including heavy air and armor support, that are intended to reach Grevious’s ship before it takes off; fighting on an entirely flat plain. And, you have to consider that, as I’ve already covered, Star Wars Vs Halo would be millions-to-one; in terms of fleet and infantry.

Now we get to the fun part.

The Jedi; as I have explained repeatedly, are primarily able to dodge/block fire based on their ability to ‘see’ the future a matter of seconds ahead. They are able to do this to weapons-fire moving at just under the speed of light; whereas bullets from projectile weapons move under the speed of sound. Now; we will compare the energy weaponry from the two. They both function by launching balls/bolts of plasma via electromagnetic fields. The EMF both provides the launch power and holds the bolt in its shape.

The plasma rifle shoots up to 400 consecutive shots, moving at 126 M/Sec, at short to medium range. The DC-15 Blaster Rifle, on the other hand, can fire 500 consecutive shots, moving at literally the speed of light, at a range of up 10 kilometers. This quite proves the incredible power difference. As for the shields: Halo shields use a single power source to power a shield intended to soak up damage from both ballistics and energy weapons. Star Wars shields adapt two separate fields, one for ballistics and one for energy weapons, with power being routed between the two in proportion to the incoming damage. Star Wars shields are seen enduring massive amounts of fire from the much-more-advanced Star Wars weaponry; and as such can be accepted as far stronger than shields that can collapse to standard ballistic and pathetic energy weaponry.

Flag Post

You did notice that he fired torpedoes from inside the ship; ja?

Now, comparing the two battle scenes: One is relatively small forces in the shattered ruins of a city… The other is millions of units, including heavy air and armor support, that are intended to reach Grevious’s ship before it takes off; fighting on an entirely flat plain. And, you have to consider that, as I’ve already covered, Star Wars Vs Halo would be millions-to-one; in terms of fleet and infantry.

How did the droids even let Anakin get in? Don’t they have point defense turrets or something? And no, i read on the “Wookiepedia” that the clone army numbers somewhere in the millions. I recall 3 million, actually. While the UNSC, that spans hundreds of planets, has at least 2 billion soldiers. Do the math. The reason that you only see scattered battles and not too many big battles, is because the UNSC engages the Covenant across all their territory, they don’t concentrate on one location. And you say that UNSC bullets would be useless against clone armor? Have you played Star Wars: Republic Commando? There is a mission, where bunches of little green monkeys somehow managed to overtake a mighty republic warship, with little submachine guns. Also, have you seen the Ewok scene in Episode 6? Rocks and arrows thrown by little bears can kill them, what do you think highly trained troopers with assault rifles will do?

Flag Post

There’s more to Star Wars than just the clones. Clone counts range from 691,200,000 to 18,000,000,000; depending on whether ‘units’ referred to battalions or divisions.

Examples:

1. Grievous was quoted to command quintillions of battle droids, and billions of heavy units. And, there are said to be millions of warships.

2. The Empire was quoted to rule over millions of planets. Even averaging 100,000 troops from 1 million planets; that results in 100 billion stormtroopers.

3. The Yuuzhan’Vong; who’s invasion resulted in 365 trillion deaths.

Now, the clones aren’t generally shielded; except in the case of a few commanders. Their armor, while very strong, is weak to ballistic weaponry; as a result of it being focused on resisting energy weaponry.

Flag Post

The Halo. It’s more specific.

Flag Post

There’s more to Star Wars than just the clones. Clone counts range from 691,200,000 to 18,000,000,000; depending on whether ‘units’ referred to battalions or divisions.

Examples:

1. Grievous was quoted to command quintillions of battle droids, and billions of heavy units. And, there are said to be millions of warships.

2. The Empire was quoted to rule over millions of planets. Even averaging 100,000 troops from 1 million planets; that results in 100 billion stormtroopers.

3. The Yuuzhan’Vong; who’s invasion resulted in 365 trillion deaths.

Now, the clones aren’t generally shielded; except in the case of a few commanders. Their armor, while very strong, is weak to ballistic weaponry; as a result of it being focused on resisting energy weaponry.

I’m done arguing with you. If they wanted to refer to a battalion, they would’ve said battalion. Units mean individual soldiers. So it’s the UNSC who outnumber the clones, not the other way around. You even said so yourself: Clone armor is useless against ballistic weaponry. The ships are probably built the same way, seeing as in the Star Wars universe there are ballistic and energy shields. Therefore, the UNSC fleet would easily destroy the Republic fleet. Halo wins.