Kongregate Team Fortress 2 Server

36 posts

Flag Post

Interested?

A good friend of mine, username bluewing89, has announced that the Unofficial Kongregate Team Fortress 2 server is finally up and running! It is based in San Jose, CA, USA, and will be running 24/7.

Server address: 8.17.251.163:27015
Server password: kong

It’s a 20-slot server at the moment and will be costing us $20 per month for upkeep and maintenance. So, of course, we’re going to need donations to keep it up and running. If we can raise $40 in donations we’ll be able to upgrade the server to a 30-slot, 15-a-side server. We’ll also be able to open up other servers in the UK for you European gamers. If we cannot get enough in donations each month, the server(s) will be shut down.

It is a modified server, and we’re running with low gravity and instant respawning. Our plans are to add mods such as 100% critical hits and multiple sentry guns, etc. We are also hoping to provide the coveted class hats and unlockable items for donators. I’ll be working on a custom map as soon as possible as well. We’re always on the lookout for ideas for new modifications, so if you just thought of the best idea in the world for TF2 and you HAVE to play it, let us know!

bluewing89 and myself will be admins on the server, so if you have any queries, feel free to ask either of us. We’ll be recruiting server moderators soon as well, so if anyone’s interested, send a message our way.

Hopefully we can get some good use out of this server! A lot of us here at Kongregate own Team Fortress 2, so if you’re interested, please check it out! To connect to the server, you can open your “Favorites” tab in the Find Servers menu in game and add the server address in there.

- Fushinryu

Flag Post

i was interested untill just about
It is a modified server, and we’re running with low gravity and instant respawning. Our plans are to add mods such as 100% critical hits and multiple sentry guns, etc.

Flag Post

Gravity set to 1 = Good times. ;D Was really fun.

And Quietisgood, my guess is that those mods would be activated if the server players agree on them. But that’s just a guess.

Flag Post

I will be on the server later today.

Flag Post

Remove the password. More people.

Flag Post

Glad you enjoyed it, Deriaz :P
And, you’re also right. Players will vote for anything they want on the server. If you want to play with the default settings, then we can easily revert to those settings.

Syphur: it is a private server, exclusive to the Kongregate community. It needs a password as to make it a public server would cost extra. Perhaps we could look into upgrading it.

Flag Post

Does the server have a name? im not sure how to search ip address.

Flag Post

Keep it a private server because then it would not be a kongregate server.

Flag Post

Sikesalicous: from the Main Menu (Team Fortress 2) hit Find Servers. Go to your Favorites tab and click the “Add Server…” button. You’ll be able to enter the IP in there.

8.17.251.163:27015

Flag Post

Great, can’t wait to get back to my PC and try it out! :D

Flag Post

Can somebody gift me TF2 on November 13th?
:O
I’m poor. (As in, no job, atm)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fushinryu:

Sikesalicous: from the Main Menu (Team Fortress 2) hit Find Servers. Go to your Favorites tab and click the “Add Server…” button. You’ll be able to enter the IP in there.

8.17.251.163:27015

Thanks, I’ll search it sometime.

Flag Post

UPDATE: bluewing89 loves the Engineer class. He wants more sentries.

Engineers can now build 20 sentry guns each. (Original: 1)
Engineers can now build 20 dispensers each. (Original: 1)
Sentry guns cost 50 metal to build. (Original: 130)
Dispensers cost 25 metal to build. (Original: 100)

Flag Post

We are considering changing the Sentry Gun limit as 20 is a bit excessive. What does the community think of this? 3 Sentries? 5? 100? You decide.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Quietisgood:

i was interested untill just about

It is a modified server, and we’re running with low gravity and instant respawning. Our plans are to add mods such as 100% critical hits and multiple sentry guns, etc.

Same.

And, you’re also right. Players will vote for anything they want on the server. If you want to play with the default settings, then we can easily revert to those settings.

Phew.

Now if I only HAD TF2…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fushinryu:

We are considering changing the Sentry Gun limit as 20 is a bit excessive. What does the community think of this? 3 Sentries? 5? 100? You decide.

How about 1 sentry so engineers aren’t horribly over powered?

Flag Post

Quietisgood: One Spy / Uber+Demoman can easily wipe out everything :P. As I said before though, it’s the community’s choice. Now, come and play!

Flag Post

Got on earlier, nobody was on. Could we set a time that everyone gets on it on sunday?

Flag Post

I think the only person that wants the engineer to be overpowered is the host. Get rid of that and I think more people would get on.

Flag Post

Quietisgood: One Spy / Uber+Demoman can easily wipe out everything :P

That’s kind of the point. A well-played spy, assuming the other team has no pyros, should be able to wipe out everything if the engineer isn’t paying close attention. Same with an ubercharge.

I suggest you stick to the stock rules until you understand the basics of game balance.

Flag Post

I see what you mean. Yes, the engineer is Blue’s favourite class, and we made this server to have fun. We’re going to stick with three for now, but as we’re not getting a whole lot of players on the server anyway we haven’t had much feedback at all about it.

Sikesalicous, I think arranging a time would be a great idea. However, Sunday in the US is Monday in New Zealand, and I won’t be able to get online until 4pm (GMT+12(you do the math.)) Some time this weekend though, hopefully.

Flag Post

Really, modding the game in any way throws off the balance, since TF2 is so ungodly perfect XD Obviously, if the engineer has more power, more people will play engineer, and then people begin to learn engie-on-engie combat! New lessons to be had for all :P

Nah, they’ve now removed the super-engie, taken out all-crits, and the low grav. Apparently, people just want another server to play in. The reason the server was made is so that you guys will have someone you’re (slightly) more familiar with, and would feel comfortable asking to change the server somehow (a game with no jumping, or all-same-class-melee when games go to sudden death, or an all-medic battle) when you feel like doing something silly. We’re not trying to throw off the game’s balance forever, just trying to throw it this way, and then another way, just to mix things up.

Flag Post

Having played on “fun” servers like that (I roll on [d20] a fair bit), I can honestly say that it works much better when it’s just common consensus as to class changes, and rules changes are fielded case-by-case when an admin is on, and not at all when one isn’t.

Flag Post

Yeah, it’s more of a laziness that leaves the server on strange settings, but we generally only make the changes if a majority of the server’s occupants agree on it! :)

Flag Post

If this is to work, why not set a date/time and have a proper 2 hour or so game?