The "What was that game called?" Thread page 105

3913 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by esran:

i long time ago i remember playing a game where you played as a helicopter, it was 2d and side scrolling, you summoned units from your side of the field to fight their side of the field. it was a really old game, i think it was for doss. you could shoot bullets forward and drop bombs, and pick up your soldiers to drop them near building they could capture, and the only hard part was fighting the enemy helicopter, which would frecuently respawn. does anyone know what game im talking about? i remember it was really fun, at least at the time.

Sounds like Armor Alley.

Flag Post

Alright. The game I’m thinking of was kind-of a sandbox game. You could create free-form shapes, and place movable, as well as non movable, joints. I really don’t remember too much about it. Not Fantastic Contraption for sure. The main thing I DO remember are the levels. There were Jelly Car levels that people would make, and I remember an alien level of some kind. You could make and publish levels similarly to PR2.

Any ideas?

Flag Post

Hey, I need help too find a game (obviously).
The game is very much like bad eggs but it’s with animals and has it’s own site.
You can buy weapon’s and change your animal.
That’s pretty much everything I remember.
Please PM me.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by 3l3tric:

Alright. The game I’m thinking of was kind-of a sandbox game. You could create free-form shapes, and place movable, as well as non movable, joints. I really don’t remember too much about it. Not Fantastic Contraption for sure. The main thing I DO remember are the levels. There were Jelly Car levels that people would make, and I remember an alien level of some kind. You could make and publish levels similarly to PR2.

Any ideas?

Incredibots 2?

Flag Post

I played a nice RPG game some time ago but I can’t remember what it was called.
Afaik you were choosing 1 Hero, with about 6 spells. It had a common rpg(td) map with levels.
Battle in those levels was in top-down view, with your Hero at bottom and the enemies at top. You had some money to build different units which u could place freely a little in front of your hero. Those can also be upgraded very far, if u have enough money. (some I can remember were sword/spear/wizard units and a very cheap&weak unit with mana regeneration aura). Before starting a wave u could assign a target and afaik your only possibility to influence the battle were your spells.
Hope that’s enough information.
Ty for every hint :)
And sorry for not posting it in this thread :x

Flag Post

I played a good city destroyer game. You had to build your own monster, you started with a T-rex, and when you advanced you became some alien insect, then a chicken, then some animal, and the best was a robot. You had to destroy real cities like NY all around the world. I hope that is enough. Thanks for help :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by petiparanoid:

I played a good city destroyer game. You had to build your own monster, you started with a T-rex, and when you advanced you became some alien insect, then a chicken, then some animal, and the best was a robot. You had to destroy real cities like NY all around the world. I hope that is enough. Thanks for help :D

Days of Monsters

Flag Post

So I’m going crazy trying to find a “game”. I use quotations cause it wasn’t really a game but was on a CD-Rom format and I believe I first played it on an iMac waaaaay back in the early/mid 90s. Basically it was a load of different backgrounds (like a ballroom, a swimming pool with an orange diving board, a rollercoaster) and each one had different music playing. Your mouse was a cylindrical shape (sometime with an image on it, for example the ballroom had a little ballerina and she’d spin) and you could change the speed and size of the object – when you clicked you could draw a pattern with your mouse and once you let go the object thing would follow it exactly as you just did, no matter how random or fast. I do remember one scene was a blue background and your mouse was a yellow circle like a flashlight and underneath was a message saying something like “can you read this?”. I know it sounds stupid and boring but when I was 5 it was the best thing ever! (mainly for the funky music). I think it was just a crappy CD-Rom that came with the computer to teach kids how to use a mouse. Any help appreciated!!

Flag Post

I can’t find the name of that game where you have to guide a falling bal through a bunch of rising platforms with holes in them…

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathvonduel:

never knew there was such a thread… so i’m gonna try…
1. it’s a space themed game
2. it is similar to steambirds game in term of controls
3. It is very old, at least 6 years old I think.
4. the ships you control have a limited amount of ammos of various types, and getting hit might cause you to lose some ammo I think (or some types or one of the launchers etc, not exactly sure…)
5. it is a flash game

the other details i honestly cant recall or be sure of. for example, i’m not entirely sure if in team vs team battles if you control all the ships or just one… so… meh… throw all the possibilities at me plz
on another note, this game might be chinese cause I played it back when I was in china…. but I honestly can’t be sure about that either way.

Still need find this… I will do this(repost thing) again after 2 more weeks if there is no answer and then give up if it doesn’t work out….

Flag Post

4. the ships you control have a limited amount of ammos of various types, and getting hit might cause you to lose some ammo I think (or some types or one of the launchers etc, not exactly sure…)
5. it is a flash game

the other details i honestly cant recall or be sure of. for example, i’m not entirely sure if in team vs team battles if you control all the ships or just one… so… meh… throw all the possibilities at me plz
on another note, this game might be chinese cause I played it back when I was in china…. but I honestly can’t be sure about that either way.

Still need find this… I will do this(repost thing) again after 2 more weeks if there is no answer and then give up if it doesn’t work out….

Bubble tanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Qlegolas:

I can’t find the name of that game where you have to guide a falling bal through a bunch of rising platforms with holes in them…

That’s a real generic game… but you can play an example of that kind of game in the

Four Second Frenzy

Flag Post
Originally posted by DukeVermont:
Originally posted by Qlegolas:

That’s a real generic game… but you can play an example of that kind of game in the

Four Second Frenzy

Not what I meant. Not even close. Read again what I said. It’s not a bunch of different minigame, but you do the same thing the entire time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by chromegirl:

5. it is a flash game

Bubble tanks.

other than 5 maybe 3, how is this right??? #2 and #4 are the most important

Flag Post

I remember a game where you only had one button to press and your character ran and you pressed the button when she ran past certain places buy things or heal or whatnot. You fought things like wolves, golems and maybe a dragon I think. You purchased upgrades for swords and weapons. You had a health stat and a stat like stamina or something like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FinalSolstice:

I remember a game where you only had one button to press and your character ran and you pressed the button when she ran past certain places buy things or heal or whatnot. You fought things like wolves, golems and maybe a dragon I think. You purchased upgrades for swords and weapons. You had a health stat and a stat like stamina or something like that.

Trigger Knight.

Flag Post

DarkRainyKnight posted that in the Fails thread. Looks familiar, but I can’t place it. Anyone?

Flag Post

Fenyx’s First Flash.

Flag Post

Thanks, Adro =)

Flag Post

1. A RPG game with a card system for battle and a guy that fights with a musical instrument. I THINK it was for the GameCube. Its name was really weird.

2. An N64 game with an insect, I think a moth or something, as a hero. He had a lot of weapons, mostly artillery, to fight his foes.

3. A game with a pirate sort of hero. It had so high an encounter rate that the remake of the game had to cut the rate in half. No clue about the system for either the original or remake, but I know that it doesn’t have a sequel. I remember hearing it called by two names.

Flag Post

@Boozooka
1. Sounds like Baten Kaitos.
2. Buck bumble, maybe?

I’m trying to remember a zombie apocalypse game where you are trapped in an abandoned house. It’s an online game. At one point you flood a basement and electrocute a zombie with the water. At the end, you find some money in a car, but he remarks that it is useless now. That’s all I remember unfortunately.
Any help is appreciated!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Boozooka:

1. A RPG game with a card system for battle and a guy that fights with a musical instrument. I THINK it was for the GameCube. Its name was really weird.

2. An N64 game with an insect, I think a moth or something, as a hero. He had a lot of weapons, mostly artillery, to fight his foes.

3. A game with a pirate sort of hero. It had so high an encounter rate that the remake of the game had to cut the rate in half. No clue about the system for either the original or remake, but I know that it doesn’t have a sequel. I remember hearing it called by two names.

For Boozooka, your third game is most likely Skies of Arcadia, which was on the Dreamcast and had a remake version of it on the Gamecube called Skies of Arcadia: Legends. And the remake version did have a much lower encounter rate.
Skies of Arcadia: Legends

And liamsuse, your game is I Remain

Flag Post

A game where you navigate a maze with checkerboard textures. There was 8-bit music in the background, and there were random letters written on the wall. It had no story or anything. Just a maze.

Flag Post