The "What was that game called?" Thread page 112

4003 posts

Flag Post

I remember this game vaguely. It was a game for Windows 95 I believe (Maybe windows ‘98). It was on a floppy disk I think, not a CD. I could be wrong about that. However, I do know it involved a guy entering a haunted house, which had a blue tint on most things. There was a staircase to the left leading upstairs, which I remember. I believe it was point ’n click, the protagonist had to explore the house. I tried searching for it before but I couldn’t find anything. Thanks for the help if you can.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

What was that game where you had this arrow thing, that kept going down and when you pressed space of something, it would go up? And you had to avoid the edges or it would be game over.

Sounds somewhat like Metro Siberia, but I really can’t tell, since there are lots of games like it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aussy16:

I remember this game vaguely. It was a game for Windows 95 I believe (Maybe windows ‘98). It was on a floppy disk I think, not a CD. I could be wrong about that. However, I do know it involved a guy entering a haunted house, which had a blue tint on most things. There was a staircase to the left leading upstairs, which I remember. I believe it was point ’n click, the protagonist had to explore the house. I tried searching for it before but I couldn’t find anything. Thanks for the help if you can.

Could be Maniac Mansion? Classic point-and-click, haunted house with an upward staircase to left in the first floor of the mansion and I believe I recall one version of the game using a lot of blue shades. The game has been ported to numerous systems over the years, so that aesthetic may change with different releases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maniac_Mansion

Flag Post

I’m looking for a Kong game from the last couple of years:

It’s a sliding picture puzzle game where the picture segments are all different sizes and they stretch or shrink depending on which slot you move them to. The pictures are mostly photographs and they include: A Broadway scene with posters of musicals; an elephant; a church altar; an asian food stand; an African watering hole with a herd of animals (hippos or wart hogs or something.)

Anyone know the name of this game?

Flag Post

Sounds like Not to Scale.

Flag Post

That’s it! Thanks plujan! =)

Flag Post

It’s not an easy one,but here goes.I’ve once played a game (about 8-9 years ago),not sure if it was an actual game or a parody.In short,the main characters were two “pacman thingies” (like a pacman,just with lots of guns and in “rambo style” ),there was also a 2 player co-op option if I remember right.The idea was (seen in the intro),a series of famous characters (smurfs,Rayman and I kinda forgot the rest) turned evil and the pacman’s were sent to kill them.All I remember was the 1st level where you could see Gargamel dead,shoot on the floor and a wave of smurfs coming to attack you.Anyone recognize the game from this description?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Epic20422:

@Phoenix23 I played that once but i have no clue. I’ll see if i can find it.

Well.. I just found it. Typed “game plane magnet” and went to images and was the second image. It’s called Magnetic Defense. Thanks for trying though.

Flag Post

I was playing this game the other day on Kongregate, it was on the hot new games tab at the time I believe. It had two main parts to it – a kind of build a village part, and then a combat part that involved climbing levels of a tower. Combat was turn based – reminded me of sonny, thanks in advance if anyone knows.

Flag Post
Originally posted by InigoRevilo:

I was playing this game the other day on Kongregate, it was on the hot new games tab at the time I believe. It had two main parts to it – a kind of build a village part, and then a combat part that involved climbing levels of a tower. Combat was turn based – reminded me of sonny, thanks in advance if anyone knows.

The Grinns Tale

Flag Post

cheers buddy

Flag Post

It was a game that had blue robots and could upgrade and such and it was multiplayer.

Flag Post

I am searching for a game of which I remember the following:

-It was (most likely) a DOS game, played from a floppy
-It was a pixel platform game
-You were a kind of small alien on a planet
-The game was about solving 1 screen, to go to another
-Killing yourself would result in having to start the same screen
-If I remember right shooting switches/buttons was involved in solving the game
-It was all about dodging things which would kill you if you hit them, including pits

Any suggestions?..

Thanks in advance!

Flag Post

Wait, I think I found it, it was probably Monuments of Mars..

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by 2chuggaaconroy:

It was a game that had blue robots and could upgrade and such and it was multiplayer.

Minions?

Originally posted by Solitariness:

I’m trying to remember a game.
Basically there’s a stick figure that’s done something like arson, rape, etc every time you play. There are arrows/triangles indicating the paths you can go. There are irony bonuses too, but the results screen is seizure-inducing. There are things along the way that damage your stick guy and give you points.

tortur-o-game?

Flag Post

There is a game on kongregate where you organize blocks in order of the shades of color.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheHoma:

There is a game on kongregate where you organize blocks in order of the shades of color.

Blocks?

Flag Post

An old game for windows 98/95?
It was a shooter like contra but the pixels were bigger and there was a rocket launcher in the game. It was a lone man going through the levels, able to shoot up and in front, can jump too. There was a level with a jungle, sorry but this was super long ago :x.

Flag Post

There was one here on Kong a few years ago where you were a biplane (I think red) and had to fly various missions. The view was from the side and you had bombs and a machine gun. I’ve looked a couple times for it and never was able to find it again. Any ideas?

Flag Post

The game involved using building struts to create a building.

You would start off on the ground, and using these struts you would connect them together and work your way up as high as you could build. If it was too unstable or under too much stress then it would break.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aparootsa:

There was one here on Kong a few years ago where you were a biplane (I think red) and had to fly various missions. The view was from the side and you had bombs and a machine gun. I’ve looked a couple times for it and never was able to find it again. Any ideas?

It could be Notebook Wars

Flag Post

Originally posted by aparootsa:

Reply from Benjie007: It could be Notebook Wars

Nope – those are top-down views, and the one I remember is side view. Notebook Wars is a very good series, though.

Flag Post

Hello, i’m looking for the name of a Zelda flash game which i can’t remember. I remember it was sort of a Super smash brothers type of game. You picked a Legend of zelda character and played versus against other zelda character, like i said before: Like Super smash brothers. The more you played you unlocked more characters and stages. I would really like to find out the name of this flash game, it would bring back so much nostalgia. I’ve searched on all the game websites i know i played on before.
I was sure it was on newgrounds but after alot of looking, there was no result.
So i would be sooo thankful if anyone knows the name of it, and perhaps what website to find it on!

Flag Post

It is one kongregate
it was a space strategy gam where you hit astroids and built buildings on them, then after a little invaders came and you had to defend your main base, you could make different bases.