The "What was that game called?" Thread page 117

4104 posts

Flag Post

It’s a puzzle game, the kind where you can write a walkthrough for.
I forgot how many screens but I remember 4 screens like this:

A person guarding a sword
a market /a woman stuck in a barrel
a house

Your goal is to get 3 items and then take them to someone and they will make a sword, you need to then go into a door at the top to win the game. at the end the player kills a demon or something.

The game is rather short compared to other games.

I tried googling but it didn’t work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 123aaa789:
Originally posted by firemonk98:

I have another request for a game though. I am positive it’s on Kong, it’s a platform brawler with cartoony graphics where the characters are basically just spheres. There are 25 stages if I remember correctly, one was a mansion that would go pitch black every so often, one was a small iceberg, one was a pirate ship etc. I’m also pretty sure it was the 2nd game in the series.

Although I didn’t go back to check the game, it sounds somewhat like Chaos Faction 2.

Yeah that’s it. Thanks.

Flag Post

Okay I am beyond hope, but I need help finding a game.

I used to play it in class when I was in school.

You basically tried taking over some Asian countries and you fight different places (Asian)

It wasn’t like people, from what I remember it was digitally rendered spheres. Not 3-d.

If anyone could help me it would greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LaurenG4:

You basically tried taking over some Asian countries and you fight different places (Asian)

It wasn’t like people, from what I remember it was digitally rendered spheres. Not 3-d.

if it helps any, I played it in 2009-2008. So it was a while ago

Flag Post
Originally posted by LaurenG4:

If by Asia you mean Japan, I believe The Great War of Prefectures is your game.

Flag Post

Somebody please help me find this!

Originally posted by qwertyu63:
Originally posted by qwertyu63:

Alright…
This was a giant monster battle game. To build your character (you were a piece-mail monster) you put together pieces of monsters, which gave you points in the 9 skills.

Each turn in battle, you put a tile of one of those skills on a 3 by 3 grid to make an attack, then put another during your foes turn on a different grid to defend. There were bonuses for getting a 3 in a row, and for playing certain skills in certain places on the grids. Some of the skills were Solid, Liquid, Gas, Speed and Strength.

EDIT: If I remember, you (the player monster) were created by and working for a mad scientist, who tried to guide your training by rewarding 3 skills he picks each day.

Flag Post

I have a request for a game. I’m not sure if it was ever uploaded to Kongregate, I played it on FreeWorldGroup.

It was a turn-based game with a top-down view, and you had 5 people on your team; I believe they were assassin, warrior, mage, cleric, and archer. You could upgrade your characters’ health, speed, defence, etc., in between missions. If I remember right, weapons were fixed, and I think you couldn’t buy skills, but you could upgrade existing ones. I think there was a levelling up mechanic somewhere…

Each mission required you to take out an opposing army with your team. There were a lot of maps to choose from, although I can’t recall how you unlocked them. The only map type I can recall is desert, and the field had cactuses and rivers in it. The damage dealt depended on the characters’ upgrades, although the damage increased if you struck an enemy from the back. I can particularly remember using the assassin to “teleport” behind an enemy and then stabbing them with the dagger.

The loading screen for the game showed a pair of hands hoovering over a glowing crystal ball, and I remember there were 3 save slots. Every time you wanted to play the game, it would start afresh unless you loaded from a previously saved slot.

I’m fairly certain the game title was all one word, and it was a bit peculiar.

Sorry if it’s a bit vague, but it’s been a while since I played it, and I would love to find it again.

Flag Post

Hello, Im new to the forum and well as many or all here Im in search of game’s name, this is what I recall:

The game start in a mental hospital with the protagonist waking up with bandages around his head and a voice that speak to him about how to escape and tells him that if he doesn’t flee he will be killed, I remember seen the gameplay in youtube, well the “patients” start a riot and then the protagonist begins his scape, the voice (don’t remember if its an actual person besides him or not) tells him to kill one or two patients in the way till a point where a swat team (more like a cleaning crew) breaks in the hospital and start killing every one.

And thats all I remember about the game hope you can help me and thank you for your time reading.
cheers.

Flag Post

Hi everyone!

I’m looking for a game I played a few years ago. might be around 2005-2007, but not sure.
I think it was some kind of flash game, but you could also download it.
You played as a solid white little guy with black pixel eyes, I think. atleast he was white.
In the intro of the game, you and your girl sitt on a crescent moon, and something hit the moon so your girl fell of the moon.
So you head down to earth to look for her.
It plays as a sidescroller/adventure game.
At first, you walk around on earth in tall grass and giant flowers and collecting white dots or something. as the game progress, you go deeper under ground and encounter enemies and things.
Anyone know this game?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Precarious:
Originally posted by Tyguystudios:

The game I have been looking for since forever was this game where you w ere this platypus or something and you were trying to find something xD thats all I remember you went through these tube things and there was water or something… I cant remember alot sorry D: i was little when i saw someone play it!

Might be Chasm, which unfortunately isn’t on Kongregate.

OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU I THANK YOU YOU ARE EPIC YOU FOUND IT YOU ROCK YOUR AWESOME ALL MY LIFE IVE BEEN LOOKING TO BEAT IT!…ok enough caps lock when i was a little kid i saw my mom playing and after that i always used to ask her can i play the platypus game but i never got to NOW I CAN! my life is complete :) lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by guiat2012:

Hello, Im new to the forum and well as many or all here Im in search of game’s name, this is what I recall:

The game start in a mental hospital with the protagonist waking up with bandages around his head and a voice that speak to him about how to escape and tells him that if he doesn’t flee he will be killed, I remember seen the gameplay in youtube, well the “patients” start a riot and then the protagonist begins his scape, the voice (don’t remember if its an actual person besides him or not) tells him to kill one or two patients in the way till a point where a swat team (more like a cleaning crew) breaks in the hospital and start killing every one.

And thats all I remember about the game hope you can help me and thank you for your time reading.
cheers.

Phantom Pain

There’s a game I played a LOOOOONG time ago that has been wracking my brain for years with pain because I cannot remember the name. I played it when I was really young so I only remember bits and pieces of it. It’s not a flash game, it was probably on a floppy. I remember you were given control of 1-4 people and you had to complete the area puzzle by putting people in certain places and doing certain things in a specific order. I remember one level you had to use a spellbook to gain the ability to leave the area, and in another you turn yourself into a werewolf. There also a level where you have to move mirrors at certain angles to make light trigger something to open a door. That’s all I remember, but if you have any leads it’s greatly appreciated. The game is at least 10* years old.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fireseal:

I don’t have much details about this game, but I really would like to remember the name of it.

It was an old school Doctor Mario type game for one of the Sega Consoles, but instead of pills I believe it was goo or something along those lines (I could be wrong). I do realize this is probably not a good enough description to find the game but any help would be appreciated.

Offhand that sounds like Puyo Puyo—one of the games in that series was released on the Master System/Game Gear as Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine.

Exactly what I was looking for :). Thanks so much.

If you ever find an online multiplayer version of this, let me know!

Flag Post
Originally posted by sulphite:
Originally posted by Fireseal:

I don’t have much details about this game, but I really would like to remember the name of it.

It was an old school Doctor Mario type game for one of the Sega Consoles, but instead of pills I believe it was goo or something along those lines (I could be wrong). I do realize this is probably not a good enough description to find the game but any help would be appreciated.

Offhand that sounds like Puyo Puyo—one of the games in that series was released on the Master System/Game Gear as Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine.

Exactly what I was looking for :). Thanks so much.

If you ever find an online multiplayer version of this, let me know!

Got an Xbox? Super Puzzle Fighter isn’t exactly the same game, but it’s similar, online multiplayer, and awesome.

Flag Post

I played a game here on Kong maybe two to three years ago that I remember enjoying and have spent hours and hours to try and find again but without the slightest luck.

It was a ‘single player-strategy-uppgrade-mouse only(I think)’ -game where you were upgrading buildings and collected ‘tax’ from them. A coin appeared hovering above the buildings when they were ready to be collected. The more you upgraded the more you could collect etc. There possibly also were buildings to create wood and other resources such as mines and mills but not sure about this, I might mix it up with another game. It looked like a village seen from half above and half from the front.

I remember that the game started with an automatic tutorial that explained how the game worked, giving you instructions on how to ‘advance’ in the form of small tasks you had to do to keep going(like: ‘click on 3 houses and upgrade them to level 2’). If I remember correct the tutorial giver looked like a bear but could be wrong there.

The graphics were well made I think and the game was children friendly in all aspects. That is, no sex or violence or such things(Not that I care, just trying to give details.).

I don’t think the game had badges at the time I was playing it and I am not sure if it ever got any. I think the game was very well made so I find it strange that I can’t find it as I have searched every single category I can think of, sorting by ‘highest rating’ and browsed at least 10 pages.

I hope anyone can help me here, thank you for your time and effort in advance :)

Flag Post

I played a game on Kongergate in 2012 or earlier. In this game you have to put all sorts of things, like mines, bows, teleporters, whatever yellow man received more damage. There are many tasks that give points. Then more points, then more weapons open and then more you can put it.

Flag Post

i really need to remember this:

a tiny & free downloadable indie game that i THINK i discovered on here but maybe not. the entire game was one .exe (and after you played it a file that recorded your high score). the art was 2d, simple pixels, no shading or outlines and fairly bright colors. it was just a tiny island in a mountain shape (randomly generated each time), with sea on either side. you couldn’t go further than the first screen, no side scrolling. you controlled a tiny man who could mine the little blocks, some of them were just dirt, some dropped gold and silver/stone (can’t remember). there were birds (seagulls) that flew around the island and would attack the player, so i always hid underground. you could also chop down trees, build ladders and cannons to kill the birds, which you could then eat. there were also little fish in the sea that you could eat to fill up your hp bar. if you drowned or were killed by birds then you died and got a score depending on how much stuff you did. it was a really simple game.

edit: i think i may have seen it on jayisgames too??

Flag Post

I don’t remember the game very well, but it was a side scrolling war game. I remember Caeser and a gaulish general, and a unit called Behemoth for the Gauls.

Flag Post

There was a game from a while ago on kongregate, that I cannot remember the title of for the life of me. I don’t know if it’s still around, but if it is, I’d love to play it again.

It was a tower defense, but everything was in the form of civil war soldiers. I remember there being riflemen, barricades to set up, and different forms of infantry units that would serve as the “towers” of a normal TDF game. The highest power weapon was the first form of the gatling gun, I think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by democrachi:

There was a game from a while ago on kongregate, that I cannot remember the title of for the life of me. I don’t know if it’s still around, but if it is, I’d love to play it again.

It was a tower defense, but everything was in the form of civil war soldiers. I remember there being riflemen, barricades to set up, and different forms of infantry units that would serve as the “towers” of a normal TDF game. The highest power weapon was the first form of the gatling gun, I think.

Master of Fortresses

Flag Post

I knew this game but it was from a long time ago.

It was a game where there was a story mode, a deathmatch mode with 50 levels.

The story mode had 5 levels, with the first one being your introduction of your character, where you worked up to a better arena with robots up to the 3 bfc or bfg or something, then once you beat them you unlocked the final level where you had to escape the police.

the weapons included a grenade, light saber, etc

Flag Post

It’s basically a game made by the Whirled developers, I really liked it. Basically, you have to draw a word, then guess it, or hang around the Whirledverse. (No, it’s not Post it draw it OR Draw my thing)

Flag Post
Originally posted by TailsChao99:

It’s basically a game made by the Whirled developers, I really liked it. Basically, you have to draw a word, then guess it, or hang around the Whirledverse. (No, it’s not Post it draw it OR Draw my thing)

Well…I googled Whirled.
Now I know what Whirled is.
I went to their site.
I clicked games.
I clicked ‘MMO/Whirled’
The top link was Scribble, which is apparently Pictionary.

Or is that too obvious?

Flag Post

Does anyone know the name of the flash game where you play as a guy whose spaceship had crashed and you need to rebuild it? It’s a top down shooter where you can dig on the ground to get materials to build all sorts of stuff to defend your ship. It also features a day and night cycle. Tried googling all the keywords I could think of and can’t find it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by edda0199:

It’s a puzzle game, the kind where you can write a walkthrough for.
I forgot how many screens but I remember 4 screens like this:

A person guarding a sword
a market /a woman stuck in a barrel
a house

Your goal is to get 3 items and then take them to someone and they will make a sword, you need to then go into a door at the top to win the game. at the end the player kills a demon or something.

The game is rather short compared to other games.

I tried googling but it didn’t work.

The Legends of Hiro
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/189860

Flag Post

I’ve never played a game like this, but I’m sure there’s some flash game that’s like this.

The game is played like Castle Quest but by defeating enemies you earn money, which can be used at shops to buy gear (Such as new weapons to boost strength, new armor to boost defense, and items)