The "What was that game called?" Thread page 93

3928 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gortiz:

when i first started playing on kongregate there was a defense game where you could use crossbows,pistols,guns,i think you could toss grenades too.i also know one of the classes you could pick where rogue and later in the game ranger i think.any help is appreciated

Realm of the Mad God?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadendemon:
Originally posted by Ajax_the_Greater:

It’s been almost a month, so I thought I’d bump my old post and try again. I’m still looking. If anyone has any input I’d be grateful.

Originally posted by Ajax_the_Greater:

Looking for a Flash game that I think I played here on Kong. It might have been on another site, though I doubt it. It’s a squad level strategy game played from a side view. You control a team of four (I think) people; the leader is an Arnold Schwarzenegger clone (even speaks in an Austrian accent, if I recall), I think there’s some big heavy weapons guy, a lighter framed guy, and a woman.

The gameplay focuses on ordering your units to move up to elements of cover, like large boxes and containers, and then engaging the enemy. It goes like that from mission to mission with some cutscenes here and there. It’s a bit side scroller-like in that, as I said, it’s a side view of the action and you move through the level from left to right. It actually looks a little like a strategy version of a beat-em up. But with guns. Characters have different abilities like a melee move or varied types of fire. There’s probably some element of equipping the team and upgrading, but I really don’t recall.

Thanks for any help.

Maybe the game is City siege, but you could check these pages:
this one is for team based games:
http://www.kongregate.com/team-games
and this one is for side scrolling based games:
http://www.kongregate.com/side-scrolling-games
or maybe you’d find it under tactical:
http://www.kongregate.com/tactical-games

make sure when you find it you let us know, it actully sound pretty fun.

Not city siege, but good guess. I’ve already checked most of those categories you listed; it’s not under tactical games. Other potential categories are just so large (like side scrollers) that I run out of steam and can’t check them all.

I should clarify that the view isn’t strictly 2D in the platformer style. It’s reminiscent of brawler style games, where you can move up and down to a degree, like in Streets of Rage, Final Fight, Double Dragon, etc.. 2.5D, if you will. Except it’s a strategy game, not a brawler. I THINK it was turn-based, but it might have been more like real-time with the ability to pause and issue orders.

And thanks a lot for responding. I’m still looking for it, though now I fear I chanced upon it on some random gaming site and not on Kong at all. If I find it, I’ll post.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gortiz:

when i first started playing on kongregate there was a defense game where you could use crossbows,pistols,guns,i think you could toss grenades too.i also know one of the classes you could pick where rogue and later in the game ranger i think.any help is appreciated

Your thinking of Elona Shooter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TailsChao99:
Originally posted by Kronil:

As on topic i need help to find the name of a flash game i’ve played.
It was a sort of tower defence. U had ONE tower and u could shoot fire/water/earth/air with your mouse like a spell catapult. This shoot could kill the enemy or upgrade your troops. Example. If u hit your fire troop with a fire spell he become upgraded. If you hit your fire enemy with a water spell he get destroyed or downgraded…. Does somebody of you remember this game name? Ty so much!

It would be easy to find if you FAVORITED that game!

Don’t be such a dick.

Flag Post

I had to register because this is driving me mad and I hope you guys know the answer.

This game was for the SNES or Megadrive or that type of era. It was not as late PS1 (I do not think so anyway).
It was an adventure/RPG with a top down (SNES Zelda/Secret of Mana style) view set in a fantasy world where you played the hero who was blonde and wore an amulet or gauntlet on his wrist that could fire fireballs. It was the usual type of story where the throne had been usurped by an evil Uncle or something similar.

There was no powering up and the fighting was similar to SNES Zelda in that it was just slashing at the bad guys. Much of the time was spent fighting the Imperial soldiers sent after you.

At one point you end up in a mountain and have to fight a huge dragon boss who was surrounded by a chasm and you had to jump between platforms. That was the most iconic part of the game.

Also at one point you got captured by the Imperial soldiers and ended up on board a ship.

The graphics were fairly good and cartoony. That is all I can recall. It was not a very long game but it was great. I have failed completely to find it on google. HELP!

Flag Post
Originally posted by sjw976:

I had to register because this is driving me mad and I hope you guys know the answer.

This game was for the SNES or Megadrive or that type of era. It was not as late PS1 (I do not think so anyway).
It was an adventure/RPG with a top down (SNES Zelda/Secret of Mana style) view set in a fantasy world where you played the hero who was blonde and wore an amulet or gauntlet on his wrist that could fire fireballs. It was the usual type of story where the throne had been usurped by an evil Uncle or something similar.

There was no powering up and the fighting was similar to SNES Zelda in that it was just slashing at the bad guys. Much of the time was spent fighting the Imperial soldiers sent after you.

At one point you end up in a mountain and have to fight a huge dragon boss who was surrounded by a chasm and you had to jump between platforms. That was the most iconic part of the game.

Also at one point you got captured by the Imperial soldiers and ended up on board a ship.

The graphics were fairly good and cartoony. That is all I can recall. It was not a very long game but it was great. I have failed completely to find it on google. HELP!

Could be Beyond Oasis for the SEGA Genesis, known as The Story of Thor in Japan and Europe.

Flag Post

This was a flash game I played a few years ago
It involved following some sort of platypus or duck through some pipes
It was like a game where you click and go to that game, so I would class it as a bit like an escape the room/adventure game rather than an arcade one
I’ve done a load of googling but I can’t the answer
Any helo would be great, thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chocobun:

This was a flash game I played a few years ago
It involved following some sort of platypus or duck through some pipes
It was like a game where you click and go to that game, so I would class it as a bit like an escape the room/adventure game rather than an arcade one
I’ve done a load of googling but I can’t the answer
Any helo would be great, thanks

Chasm seems to fit that description (though it’s not the same Chasm that’s on Kongregate).

Flag Post

Could be Beyond Oasis for the SEGA Genesis, known as The Story of Thor in Japan and Europe.

In one, thank you so much, you have saved my sanity. Great game, so many memories…

Flag Post
Originally posted by sjw976:

In one, thank you so much, you have saved my sanity. Great game, so many memories…

You’re welcome =) It’s a great game and others should give it a try. Have fun.

Flag Post

this is just sad but i saw a kongregate sponsor game a couple minutes ago (the ones above recommended games) and it had something to do with mining (no its not Block Miner)

thanks in advance

Flag Post

I remember this game for the n64, I don’t remember much at all but I know it had levels that took place on a sort of grid, you’d have to use a weapon (possibly a gun of some sort) and kill enemies then move on to the next grid. I believe the character you played as had a big head, which probably represented intelligence. There were upgrades. Despite the use of a gun, the game was for kids so you used a blaster of some sort. I also remember a red background, if that helps any.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tttttt:
Originally posted by tttttt:

I remember this game from a while back, you were a RC that raced against various different computer cars. You raced through from what I recall a grey race track with different jumps and dips in it. You collected some power up points while racing and you could use them to buy different power ups. You could also modify you car as well you could differ the spoiler angle and the tire size and various other things. That’s all I can remember about the game any help would be appreciated.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lerspin:

I remember this game for the n64, I don’t remember much at all but I know it had levels that took place on a sort of grid, you’d have to use a weapon (possibly a gun of some sort) and kill enemies then move on to the next grid. I believe the character you played as had a big head, which probably represented intelligence. There were upgrades. Despite the use of a gun, the game was for kids so you used a blaster of some sort. I also remember a red background, if that helps any.

Sounds like Robotron 64, check this video.

Flag Post

Greetings, all. I can’t remember the name of a game I played about a year ago. I don’t know very much about it, save these few details. There were two aspects to the game. Walking around the land, and fighting. While fighting various creatures, you had a ceiling view of the battlefield. You started in the centre, while enemies entered from the borders. I can’t remember whether you move using WASD or the arrow keys. You used the mouse to aim and shoot various weapons you could acquire throughout said game. While walking in the world, talking to certain NPCs would grant you with quests eg. kill 5 rats. Completing quests would give you experience needed to level up. I apologize for the length, but any and all aid would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Flag Post

Ok, I’ve almost gone crazy trying to find this game on Kong.

It’s strategy game about having a team of 6 animals, which you pit against the adversary’s 6 animals. They each have an attack and defense value, and different animals have different attack angles and range. I remember it was RPGish and you traveled in a map , selecting stages and fighting with your animal pieces.

Does anyone remember this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rocinante:

Ok, I’ve almost gone crazy trying to find this game on Kong.

It’s strategy game about having a team of 6 animals, which you pit against the adversary’s 6 animals. They each have an attack and defense value, and different animals have different attack angles and range. I remember it was RPGish and you traveled in a map , selecting stages and fighting with your animal pieces.

Does anyone remember this?

Brute Wars 1 or 2?

Flag Post

I remember a game but i can’t remember what it’s called!

the game is a 3D cubic rpg sort of game, you can go explore dungeons and dig with a shovel, pick, drill, and attack enemies while avoiding falling boulders. But when your not doing that, your working on your own cubic kingdom, with customized placement of buildings and quests from a king, queen and daughter.

Please message me the game if you remember what it is called :)

Flag Post

It was one of those sniping games, but you customized you gun, and one of my favorite missions was you were in russia, and you had to sneak into this base choosing force or stealth. And you shot a russian general at the height of his speech, when he yells something about power.

Flag Post

Edit: Nevermind.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lavaflame2:

this is just sad but i saw a kongregate sponsor game a couple minutes ago (the ones above recommended games) and it had something to do with mining (no its not Block Miner)

thanks in advance

motherload?

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

thanks in advance

motherload?

XD nah.. i think it was called “minethings” or something like that… still not sure

Flag Post

i remember a game (pretty certain it was on here) that was a bunny game. you start off on this island and you have to keep growing, and soon enough your island grows. then deer and monsters come and you kill the deer and recruit the monsters to work for you (for a price). anyone know what game this is?

Flag Post
Originally posted by RAWR19:

i remember a game (pretty certain it was on here) that was a bunny game. you start off on this island and you have to keep growing, and soon enough your island grows. then deer and monsters come and you kill the deer and recruit the monsters to work for you (for a price). anyone know what game this is?

Never mind, found it. it’s called “bunni: how we first met”

Flag Post
Originally posted by bjjdude:

thanks in advance

motherload?

XD nah.. i think it was called “minethings” or something like that… still not sure

Hmm… i need more information then, list anything that you can think of.

EDIT.
wait is it utopian mineing?