VVVVVV, by the creator of Don't Look Back, is out! Demo on Kongregate!

28 posts

Flag Post

I cannot stress this enough. Here’s a preview, by the way.

Preview here.

Oh and, link to the blog.

Flag Post

Looks fun. So I guess in this game, you’ll be able to control the direction of gravity up and down? Pretty neat. Although, I’ve played a game before called Never End, and in that game you can rotate the direction of gravity 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise.

Flag Post

Actually the gameplay is inspired of an old game called Metal Storm, through that game was more of a shoot’em up than anything, and I think that was just a case of great minds think alike (I think you can find a video of that somewhere on Youtube.). V-guy can only shift gravity when he’s touching a floor or hits one of those beams, and as seen as the video, Green dudes can’t flip. I hear there’s a quite a bit of story in there but I haven’t got my hands on the beta, sadly.

I’m pretty excited about the game, because it looks really like a fun platformer, like those back in the Famicom/Super NES days. I also really like the retro music.

Flag Post

It looks good but I’m one of those people who dont want to pay $15 for it. :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cj10203040:

It looks good but I’m one of those people who dont want to pay $15 for it. :/

This.

Flag Post

It looks like IWBTG, and incredibly frustrating.

Flag Post

Interesting… is it going to be on Kongregate?

Flag Post

If it’s even programmed in Flash I’d say the demo may appear on Flash portals like Kongregate.

Flag Post

It’s a game for Windows, Mac and Linux, and will be sold for $15, as stated by developer. However, there will be a demo as well.

– The game will be sold through its website thelettervsixtim.es for $15.
I’ll continue taking preorders for $10 for another few days through paypal, up until a week before the release (the 3rd of January). (edit: no longer available! 3rd Jan)
– It’ll be available as a downloadable game for Windows, Mac and Linux.
– I’m not using serial codes, online activation, or any other DRM.
– There will be a demo!
– I’ll probably be updating the site quite a bit over the next fortnight or so. Be sure to check back!

Flag Post

It looks interesting and seems like something I’d love to play casually… but like others have said, I’m not paying $15 for it. So I guess if anyone does, share the storyline with me… I’m sure it has some deep meaning or whatnot.

Flag Post

You have to pay $15 to get it?! WTF?!

I thought this was a Flash game. Ah well… GOES LOOKING FOR CRACKS

Flag Post

The demo is out on Kongregate!

Flag Post

I’ve played it. Interesting game, very good. But it sucks that you cannot save in Demo…

One thing to note is that you cannot jump in this game. You can only invert gravity. This is quite innovative. And in the second demo level, when you touch those beams of light, gravity auto-inverts.

Flag Post

Anyone still playing this game? Some parts of it are sadistic, like IWBTG. Some parts make me want to band my head against the desk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqis4-SowRY
Look at this video. Supposedly it’s one of the hardest levels in the full game. Pretty darn funny…

Flag Post

That’s an insane amount of work for something that looks so simple. I’m so going to try this out. xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:

So, you won’t pay for games made in certain programming languages? Awesome justification for ripping off a one man indy developer.

Cheap-ass thief.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hyoscine:

So, you won’t pay for games made in certain programming languages? Awesome justification for ripping off a one man indy developer.

Cheap-ass thief.

From what I’ve heard, he did buy the game.

Flag Post

This was a rather long time ago. Perhaps you could have left it as a shout on his profile instead?

Flag Post

Cheap-ass thief.

Perhaps you should consider that my parents would never let me pay for anything game-related? I would pay if I am physically able. That had nothing to do with programming languages. If I did get a crack, it would make me a thief, but not a cheap-ass thief.

Simple-minded fool. Think before you insult someone.

Flag Post

Perhaps you should consider that my parents would never let me pay for anything game-related? I would pay if I am physically able. That had nothing to do with programming languages. If I did get a crack, it would make me a thief, but not a cheap-ass thief.

Simple-minded fool. Think before you insult someone.

Awesome justification, champ. You’re right, what was I thinking? Of course, you’re entitled to any video game you want, whether you can pay for it or not.

What’s annoying isn’t so much that your happy to pirate, but that you feel the need to state as much in big bold capital letters. You’re not Robin Hood, this isn’t something you need, FFS, how can you be so self-righteous about this?

Darkruler2005 – You’re right, sorry, I found this thread through a search and forgot to check the date on it. In my defence, check my post count; I plead noobishness…

Flag Post

You obviously do not have a sarcasm detector. You obviously do not know how to read the tone of a sentence. When I put that sentence in bold, did it ever occur to you that I perhaps did not mean to emphasize, but rather to state it in a joking, non-serious tone?

And what made you think I really did get a pirated version of the game? Did I explicitly state that anywhere in this thread?

Again, think before you insult someone.

Flag Post

Oh, so now you’ve decided you were joking? That’s not completely consistent with your last couple of posts now, is it?

Also, notice the total lack of lolacausts left in the wake of your original post. If you were going for funny, I think we can all agree that you missed by a mile.

And what made you think I really did get a pirated version of the game? Did I explicitly state that anywhere in this thread?

Okay, reread my last post. Second paragraph, first line. Is that any clearer second time round, or do I need to bust out some bold tags for you?

Flag Post

Oh, so now you’ve decided you were joking? That’s not completely consistent with your last couple of posts now, is it?

Also, notice the total lack of lolacausts left in the wake of your original post. If you were going for funny, I think we can all agree that you missed by a mile.

Okay, reread my last post. Second paragraph, first line. Is that any clearer second time round, or do I need to bust out some bold tags for you?

I think we should end this discussion. This is getting to nowhere.

Flag Post

Yeah, fair enough.

Flag Post

What? I’ve “decided” I was joking? Okay, let me explain it to you.

Even if I was to get a pirated version of VVVVVV, I would be quiet about it. What can I gain from posting it in big capital letters, except to get people like you to insult me? I’m not stupid. I actually think before I post, so there are no reasons why I should post OMG I GOT CRACKS if I really did get one. Then why would I post what I posted? Because I was joking, genius!

If you were going for funny, I think we can all agree that you missed by a mile.

You know what I think? Buy a sarcasm detector. And spend more time in Internet forums, enough time to know that people don’t always say what they do, or do what they say.

How many times have I said it now? It was a joke. Reread my post: it says GOES. Present tense. Do you understand it now, or do you need more explanations?

Again, think a little before you insult someone.

I think we should end this discussion. This is getting to nowhere.

We get to nowhere, and that guy still thinks I’m a thief. Personally I don’t give a sh!t about what he thinks, but I don’t want to leave an issue that can be easily resolved by a few posts. I’ve PM’d him, but he hadn’t responded back.