King's Mausoleum challenge [Guide/Tips]

20 posts

Flag Post

Today we’ve managed to beat the challenge and I decided to share our experience with you. Of course it’s an early strategy and I suppose in the coming days much better will appear. Never mind… That’s how we did it:

- 2 x Priest (Best is 3 I guess.) each with 2-3xSanctuary, the more the better, 3xInspire,3xSmite,3xZeal,3xDispel + any Sylvi Protege/Bladesoul to fill up to 15 card deck. Alternatively Priest can add “Blessing:Life” to use after turn 9-10, when boss can drop Sarya/Withering Aura.
- 1-2 Warriors: each with 3xHeroic,3xEncourage,3xSylvi,2-3 Protect and some Whirlwind Strike to fill to 15 card deck.
- Mage: 3xWeaken and some Frost to keep the enemies from attacking you. Petrify to completely lock 1-2 of the lines.

The strategy is to buff 1 single unit and make it kill the boss using “Blessing: Sanctuary” in order to protect it.

In the beginning let the archers do their damage. We tried removing them sooner but it’s not worth it, believe me. Better let em attack till the boss nukes…

After the nuke you place the “Sylvi” and buff it with Sanctuary and the biggest amount of Heroic the Warriors have already drawn. Best case scenario is 4xHeroic and 1xSanctuary. Don’t overdo the buffing as buffs don’t stack forever. There’s a max amount and I think it’s 5 or 6. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m really not sure. (Edit: It is 5 max. )

From the moment the Sylvi is placed the main task is to keep her alive as long as possible. Priest are to use their Smite to kill the 3 Att Bats in front. Warriors do the same using Slash, Whirlwind Strike. Mages try to lock some of the lines with Frost/Petrify and then use weaken on the front bats so the team can survive longer.

In the end some of the priests may die, but it’s important that 1 of the Warriors remains alive and has Protect. When you see that Sanctuary is running out let the Warrior play Protect on her so she can survive 1 more turn. By then she has to be able to deal 50-70 dmg so it wil be OK.

As I’ve said. This is an early strategy, but it worked for us (group of 3 Priests and 1 Warrior). Feel free to share your strategies so we can all profit. ;)

P.S. We tried beating the 2nd stage with 2 Priests each with 2 Sanctuaries and it IS possible, but you need to be really lucky. 5 Sanctuaries (or more) in total is almost guaranteed win.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pinchfire:

Today we’ve managed to beat the challenge and I decided to share our experience with you. Of course it’s an early strategy and I suppose in the coming days much better will appear. Never mind… That’s how we did it:

- 2 x Priest (Best is 3 I guess.) each with 2-3xSanctuary, the more the better, 3xInspire,3xSmite,3xZeal,3xBlessing Life + any Sylvi Protege/Bladesoul to fill up to 15 card deck.
- 1-2 Warriors: each with 3xHeroic,3xEncourage,3xSylvi,2-3 Protect and some Whirlwind Strike to fill to 15 card deck.
- Mage: 3xWeaken and some Frost to keep the enemies from attacking you.

The strategy is to buff 1 single unit and make it kill the boss using “Blessing: Sanctuary” in order to protect it.

In the beginning let the archers do their damage. We tried removing them sooner but it’s not worth it, believe me. Better let em attack till the boss nukes…

After the nuke you place the “Sylvi” and buff it with Sanctuary and the biggest amount of Heroic the Warriors have already drawn. Best case scenario is 4xHeroic and 1xSanctuary. Don’t overdo the buffing as buffs don’t stack forever. There’s a max amount and I think it’s 5 or 6. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m really not sure.

From the moment the Sylvi is placed the main task is to keep her alive as long as possible. Priest are to use their Smite to kill the 3 Att Bats in front. Warriors do the same using Slash, Whirlwind Strike.

In the end some of the priests may die, but it’s important that 1 of the Warriors remains alive and has Protect. In the end when you see that Sanctuary is running out let the Warrior play Protect on her so she can survive 1 more turn. By then she has to be able to deal 50-70 dmg so it wil be OK.

As I’ve said. This is an early strategy, but it worked for us (group of 3 Priests and 1 Warrior). Feel free to share your strategies so we can all profit. ;)

very useful tips, thank you for this.

Flag Post

Glad to hear that. :)

P.S. If you use mage in your group, he casts weaken on the bat in front of the Warrior, so he can keep max health till the end. I’ve just finished the game with a group of 2xPriest,1xMage and 1xWarrior. He buffed her with 3xHeroic and 1xEncourage and we managed to keep her “in” Sanctuary till the end. The Warrior didn’t have to use Protect at all, though he had it. ;)

/No idea how a Ranger could be of help so far. :/

Flag Post

Does petrify have a role at all, since usually it’s quite useful for boss fights?

Just wondering, thanks

Flag Post

Petrify and Deep Freeze can block lanes of bats, so that along with weaken helps keep everyone alive while they’re buffing the Sylvi.

I’ve seen this strategy work, and I’m glad that it was discovered, but it really bothers me that Ranger can’t be useful in any known way. That’s really unfair to the rangers who wont be wanted on any teams.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Alectric:

Petrify and Deep Freeze can block lanes of bats, so that along with weaken helps keep everyone alive while they’re buffing the Sylvi.

I’ve seen this strategy work, and I’m glad that it was discovered, but it really bothers me that Ranger can’t be useful in any known way. That’s really unfair to the rangers who wont be wanted on any teams.

agreed i had to swap classes and find it difficult to find groups due to the lack of priests. With the auction house changes and my lack of priest skills i can’t really fill that void very easily either.

Flag Post

anyone tried to use switf death from ranger to try to avoid the turn 24-25 spell that kill everyone? that way any group with a ranger would be able to kill the boss.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AsSto:

anyone tried to use switf death from ranger to try to avoid the turn 24-25 spell that kill everyone? that way any group with a ranger would be able to kill the boss.

Swift Death doesn’t work on this card. However, I believe a crystal tower would do the trick.

Flag Post

and reflect damage on cristal tower ^^ ?

Flag Post

Yes. :) The spell is impossible to redirect,avoid and etc.

and reflect damage on cristal tower ^^ ?

Hehe. That was the 2nd thing we tried. Didn’t work. ;)

Flag Post

I think he disinfos the whole field (i.e. martyrs/arcane towers) prior to using the 666 insta-k.o

Flag Post

from forum strategies on the other server the following tactics are said to not work

Martyr/Arcane Tower
Swift Death
Desperate Soul walk
Distraction/CoB strategies
Sow Disorder

As far as ranger tactics it is possible to be a crappier mage type character if a strong 2 priest 1 war team is willing to carry you

The ranger deck is like

3x Swift Raid (use this on the elfs at the beggining)
3x Flashbomb
3x Cloaked Shot
3x Sylvi Bladesoul

Filler cards
True shot
Swift Death (do not use early on)
Sow Disorder (do not use early on)

Considering not many people have Swift raid and it makes it considerably more difficult it is still not particularly viable. Even Cloaked shot is probably fairly uncommon but i imagine a few of the wealthier rangers may be able to get it done this way.

Flag Post

I will have to verify it, but it seems removing the bone piles before she kills the archers/everything, leaves her with some less health. Dunno if its worth wasting spells on it, but this might be the few hp less you need to kill her. A few Fissures or Double Stabs should do the trick.

Again, not sure if its worth the hassle. Didnt have the chance to verify, since rangers are in low demand for this raid…. ;-(

Flag Post

Some slight edits to the strategy. ;)

P.S. Same thing can be used to complete boss fights “Shimering Cave”, “Dark Forest” and “Senguine Tribe” in less than 10-12 mins.

Flag Post

Nice work pinchfire;)

Here are a few more tips:

1. Dont use protege, only bladesoul, protege has a good chance to die if not buffed with + hp, and you usually dont really want to give up that buffslot for hp.

2. Always play bladesoul in the lane with the most bats in it, so shell move over more quickly and you have one more turn to do dmg, this is especially important when playing only 5 sanctuarys. That means wait for the bats to move twice before placing bladesoul (after 5 turns). That way you will have to use less time to move up to the boss and youll have a better chance of getting the sanctuary chain going.

3. You can use 1cd elfen longbows as fillers for a little extra dmg. Only play them in the beginning though, or remove them right after played later for a cardslot to not give hp to the boss.

4. Desperate soul/phantom/nimble and resist wont work on her so well because she has a lot of different nukes overall
—> physical nukes + aerial dmg + sunderarmor nukes

Flag Post

Nice additions whisper did not think about using 1CD longbows for the filler slots when I did it.

Heres some other suggestions

1. Sanctuary must be recast when it say’s 1 turn left
2. Warrior Has 3 buff slots because sanctuary will be using 2
3. Nimble creatures like velyn can be used to stall bats because the boss won’t life leech off him.
4. Play extra creatures and dig them so that your hand doesn’t fill to seven.
5. Sacred touch instead of dispel in the original post. Also, life blessing is a good filler because the boss can possibly cast double wither and sarya (which kills even the epic bladesoul). Do not use the life blessing early on. Only use it when the boss is near death and it will not effect how many turns it takes to win.
6. Warrior can cast some extra encourages if it is enough to finish the boss on that turn

Flag Post

Mage Deck
3x Petrify – lock 1 lane
3x Frost nova – win time to set
3x Deep Freeze lock 1 lane with petrify when casted on 9 hp bats
3x Weeken – cuz its the plan
3x Charm – extra damage when casted on buffed enemy on back row

you can also use Unicorn to dig more smootly into ur deck, but always make sure to remove them or the boss will heal

Player 1 should have the highest Elf reputation to crit the first 3 turns.
and player with highest halfblood should summon the sylvi.

Flag Post

Adding to sticky again for a bit.

Flag Post

Priest:
3x Sanctuary
8x Unicorn
3x Inspire/Zeal
1x Sacred touch
(Replace 2 unicorns and 1 inspire with refuge if you have no mage)

Mage:
3x Petrify
3x Deep freeze
3x Weaken
6x Unicorn/bladesoul

Warrior:
3x Heroic
12x Blade soul/unicorn/encourage/last stand/slash

Ranger:
3x Swift Raid (Will help your chances of running km a lot)
3x Premed
12x True shot/cloaked shot/double stab/disinformation/disturbance/bladesoul

Flag Post

On the matter of “when best to use encourage” as in replacing heroic with encourage. This is calculated PER buff PER attack, the real effect of 3x replacement will be 9x this due to 3 attacks, and likely ~12x in damage due to crit.
For the purpose of this calculation, we will look at(reasonably common) heroic 1 vs +3 encourage.
On the analysis of the last 6 attack to be made
If used on: turn 0, we have 3*6=18
If used on: turn 1, we have 0, 4*5=20
If used on: turn 2, we have 0, 1, 5*4=21
If used on: turn 3, we have 0, 1, 2, 6*3=21
If used on: turn 4, we have 0, 1, 2, 3, 7*2=20
If used on: turn 5, we have 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 8=18
If not used: we have 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5=15
Now, the turn 2 and turn 3 is the same, so when to use it? Well, sanc is applied every other turn, which makes it a quite interesting “fitting” matter.
If you still have a heroic in hand for whatever reason’: use it on the turn sanc need to be replaced, use sanc first, then the heroic, and finally 3 encourage. This will let you keep the heroic for up to 4 turns(you may make the switch one turn early if this is the case, in other words on “turn 1”)
If you no longer have a heroic in hand: use it on the turn that sanc is NOT being reapplied, this will make the buff into heroic, sanc, 3x encoruage. (come next turn, into sanc, 3x encourage, sanc)
If done right, thsi should generate around 70 damage over not switching and possibly save you from a 7th attack needed.

’heroic remain note: As we all know, heroic can come back thanks to mastery. The ideal time to use them is on the turns that sanc is NOT being reapplied. This will let it gain 1 extra attack for the rest of the attacks. You should do this as soon as possbile and as often as possible.

TL DR version:
Use encourage to replace heroic 2-3 turns early instead of the last turn and you will deal more total damage and might save a turn.