Rise of Mythos Maintenance November 13th, 2013 6PM PST - 10PM PST page 3

68 posts

Flag Post

No servers are showing still. This is a joke.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cardzy:

Yep – can’t access any of the servers on here.

The dev’s pride is as heavy as ever, and they can’t fix a game if they still cling to their pride. They won’t even directly address this post, instead it gets monitored as ‘spam’ because players quote something which needs addressed immediately. Check this out:

http://forums.gamefuse.com/showthread.php?3446-Maintenance-Rise-of-Mythos-Maintenance-11-13-at-6-00-PM-PDT

They talk like the dev’s don’t even have time to code that; do you know long it would take a programmer to fix that issue? Probably 5 minutes max. They are manually sending it out now, days AFTER the season ends; they still have like 2 days to fix it, but they instead just say the developers already don’t have time? 5 minutes is too much. My guess is we won’t even get it, and they’ll say players misunderstood them, and that permanently promising the prior increase, was just us not reading it right.

The ‘developer’ won’t even address the issues brought up in the other threads; are they compensating players for the arena bugs, where scores are not being reset, and players received 1900 starting scores in 1’s, or 1300+ in 2’s? That affects everyone, and there are threads bringing up these issues. They continue to hide, and they even DELETED my original thread that I needed to recreate, quoting the forum posts from them saying we would receive GS compensation. It doesn’t get anymore clueless than that; they need to post on here, and address the concerns, while FIXING the problems.

I would encourage anyone who has spent money on this game, to file a charge-back with their banks; what this company is doing, and has already done, is dark as hell. They shouldn’t be rewarded for these actions, they should be penalized severely, until they bring a quality product to us.

“Filling a charge with their banks” is at least delusional, how much you´d had to drop just for that, 10,15k ? Best action is to stop supporting them and stop buying gold.

If they keep deleting posts we keep posting them. Pyramids of colective negative feedback aren´t spam.

Flag Post

Well, I’m confused, do I have to clean my cashe now to the servers appear so that I have to play the game? I mean, I play others games, and most of their “saves” stay with the cashe, which means pretty much that I have to choose between playing ALL the other games I play or playing Rise of Mythos and at least for me it is a prety easy choice.

Not only that, but unfortunetly due to this maintence I lost my daily, which is my fault as I should be seeing the foruns frequently to know when would happens maintence, but even so I never imagined that this one would take SO long that I would lose my daily, and that’s still kinda frustrating =(

Well, pretty much I just want to know if I have to clean my cashe to the servers appear for me or if they will fix this without me having to make the clean, because if I have to then bye bye game, and I feel sorry for myself for spending money on it.

Flag Post

I’m now playing in Private mode so I don’t have to delete my cache. It’s inelegant, but it works.

Flag Post

On Firefox you can right-click the server list, select that frame and have it reload. Worked fine for me after that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Highfive55:

On Firefox you can right-click the server list, select that frame and have it reload. Worked fine for me after that.

Worked for me. Thanks! ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rassyu:

Well, I’m confused, do I have to clean my cashe now to the servers appear so that I have to play the game? I mean, I play others games, and most of their “saves” stay with the cashe, which means pretty much that I have to choose between playing ALL the other games I play or playing Rise of Mythos and at least for me it is a prety easy choice.

Not only that, but unfortunetly due to this maintence I lost my daily, which is my fault as I should be seeing the foruns frequently to know when would happens maintence, but even so I never imagined that this one would take SO long that I would lose my daily, and that’s still kinda frustrating =(

Well, pretty much I just want to know if I have to clean my cashe to the servers appear for me or if they will fix this without me having to make the clean, because if I have to then bye bye game, and I feel sorry for myself for spending money on it.

I tottally agree with him, I shouldn’t have to clear my cache to get to play this game, and because of this im most likely not going to be able to get on today at all and that is just affecting my weekly rating and is completly unfair for me. You really should be like every other game where when they have a maintenance day they go and ACTUALLY fix problems instead of making it not work. There should be some compensation for this unexpected disturbance, because i really shouldn’t have to clear my cache just to play this one game that is unfair.

Flag Post

Cleared my browser, Java, and Flash caches, still can’t get a server list so I can log in. Freakin’ sweet.

Flag Post

any news from the invisible servers ? ? ?

Flag Post

About caching: For some reason the game contains a lot of html. Caching of html is a matter of browser and devs can’t really do much about it. They could design the game engine differently at the beginning, but I don’t think they can do anything now.
I suppose that using html had some pros. I suppose it’s more efficient than making a game pure flash. Can’t really compare because I don’t know much about flash. But I have noticed that games smaller than this one often lag more on a weaker computers. Ah, that’s the one thing I have learned about flash while playing hundreds of games – it requires a lot of computer resources. RoM seems to be less taxing and I guess it’s because lot of content is html.

So it’s an exchange. You get an increase in efficiency (propably), but you’re also more dependant on browser. Chrome for example is a a very zealous cache-hoarder and making it really refresh the page is a very painful task sometimes.

The game has often surprised me with me with some real good thinking on part of designers, it’s only in the past few months when bugs started to be more numerous.

tl;dr: There is a lot of bugs there which should be fixed, but browser caching is not one of them. It may be a failure but they can’t do anything about it know, as far as my knowledge goes. So there’s no point in ranting about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/302-rise-of-mythos/topics/366386-gamefuse-gamefuse-gamefuse

Feel free to compensate players for that promised GS compensation, and fix the game by actually fixing the bugs, rewards, this, that:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/302-rise-of-mythos/topics/365322-oh-gamefuse

Flag Post

Thank you sir – this should be stickied before people go clearing the caches.

Flag Post

Doesn’t work for those not using Firefox (not by choice).

Flag Post

This worked for me on chrome, it’s like Highfive55’s idea

Right Click on server list, press reload frame!
Should work, but might be only Google Chrome.

Flag Post

Does anyone have a fix for users using ie 8 and can’t see the servers on log in? I can’t log in from my work computer and have cleared the cache and deleted the cookies. Any other suggestions?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jasonxix:

Does anyone have a fix for users using ie 8 and can’t see the servers on log in? I can’t log in from my work computer and have cleared the cache and deleted the cookies. Any other suggestions?

Use google chrome. If ever you face this problem using chrome, right click reload frame.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jasonxix:

Why in the world are you using ie8? Are you on a school computer or something?

Flag Post
Originally posted by dias17se:

Yep – can’t access any of the servers on here.

The dev’s pride is as heavy as ever, and they can’t fix a game if they still cling to their pride. They won’t even directly address this post, instead it gets monitored as ‘spam’ because players quote something which needs addressed immediately. Check this out:

http://forums.gamefuse.com/showthread.php?3446-Maintenance-Rise-of-Mythos-Maintenance-11-13-at-6-00-PM-PDT

They talk like the dev’s don’t even have time to code that; do you know long it would take a programmer to fix that issue? Probably 5 minutes max. They are manually sending it out now, days AFTER the season ends; they still have like 2 days to fix it, but they instead just say the developers already don’t have time? 5 minutes is too much. My guess is we won’t even get it, and they’ll say players misunderstood them, and that permanently promising the prior increase, was just us not reading it right.

The ‘developer’ won’t even address the issues brought up in the other threads; are they compensating players for the arena bugs, where scores are not being reset, and players received 1900 starting scores in 1’s, or 1300+ in 2’s? That affects everyone, and there are threads bringing up these issues. They continue to hide, and they even DELETED my original thread that I needed to recreate, quoting the forum posts from them saying we would receive GS compensation. It doesn’t get anymore clueless than that; they need to post on here, and address the concerns, while FIXING the problems.

I would encourage anyone who has spent money on this game, to file a charge-back with their banks; what this company is doing, and has already done, is dark as hell. They shouldn’t be rewarded for these actions, they should be penalized severely, until they bring a quality product to us.

“Filling a charge with their banks” is at least delusional, how much you´d had to drop just for that, 10,15k ? Best action is to stop supporting them and stop buying gold.

If they keep deleting posts we keep posting them. Pyramids of colective negative feedback aren´t spam.

Quoting the same quote with a useless pile of boxes for no other reason that quoting the same quote with a useless pile of boxes is indeed spam.
As much as I agree with your points, Cardzy, being antagonistic is no way to about it. If you actually think about it, the devs would have to bring the entire game down while they do each minor fix, and it seems like much morse sense to just wait until maintenance. And as for the other issues, maybe they are trying to find a solution for them. All I know is that boycotts and whining aren’t going to be getting you anywhere.