Server Maintenance July 16th 2013 at 6:00 PM PST

43 posts

Flag Post

Hi Folks!

We’ll be performing server maintenance on Kings and Legends beginning at 6:00 PM PST tonight. This maintenance will end at approximately 8:00 PM PST.

During this maintenance we will be updating the game to version 1.2. We will also be launching a new GMT server called “City Gates” on Kongregate. Please make sure to note what server it is that you currently play on. If you select the new server on accident, or another server that you do not have a character on, you will need to start from level one on that server.

Your current character will remain accessible on your main server.

The Release notes for this update can be found below:

Ascension Tower Shop Update

You can now purchase Judge Tytus, a powerful new unit belonging to the Outsider Faction.

Challenge Hall

New Boss Fight in Challenge Hall: The King’s Mausoleum (Required Level: 45)
Under the King’s mausoleum, lives the queen of the vampires. She is the inevitable darkness, the cold of the night. She is the Queen of the Damned.

Stage 1 Boss: Grace // Stage 2 Boss: Queen of the Damned, Akanthia

Shop

New Race Packs Added to Shop: Halfblood Standard Pack, Undead Standard Pack; Halfblood Master Pack, Undead Master Pack

Character

Level Cap Increased to 60. Player’s life will increase by 1 at every even level between 50 – 60.

Cards

New Halfblood & Undead Faction Cards!

The Sylvi and Werewolf Tribes have joined the ranks of the Halfbloods!

The Undead armies have been bolstered by the Skeletons and Death Knights!

For a complete list of cards, please refer to the in-game collector’s guide. These new cards can only be found in the new Halfblood and Undead Race Packs!

PvE Campaign

A new area, Draglasar, has been made available to players who have completed the campaign quests on Elyria. Two new regions are currently available: Wyrmrest Temple, and Sleeping Forest.

Each of these areas consists of 12 new PvE Challenges!

PvP

Four New Epic Skill Cards have been added to the PvP Shop:

Command: First Strike
Warriors can now use this skill to grant the First Strike ability to any friendly unit.

Tactic: Distraction
Rangers may use this skill card to grant the Distraction ability to any friendly unit.

Lightning Tempest
A new Mage skill which deals 16 lightning damage to creatures in a cross shaped area.

Blessing: Sanctuary
A new Priest skill which grants the Sanctuary ability to a unit, reflecting all damage dealt to that unit back on its attacker for 3 turns.

Weekly Activity Rewards

Users may now win 1.2 cards from the 600 weekly activity chest.

Daily Attendance Lottery System

A daily lottery for prizes; continuous logins grant more chances to win!

System Announcement

The name of players who get orange/red card from package will no longer be shown in system announcements, to protect their privacy.

Auction House

Players will not be able to set the buy out price of cards on the Auction House any longer. The buyout price will now be defaulted to the highest possible price instead.

Events

Events for Older Servers (Stone Ruins, Snowy Fort)

That Damned Castle!

Do you have what it takes to defeat the Vampire Queen beneath the King’s Mausoleum? If you can defeat this new boss fight on hard mode before August 15th, we’ll fork out for some awesome prizes including Undead Reputation Quests and heaps of Silver! There’s also a special bounty of even greater riches should you be the first on your server to complete this epic task!

King’s Enchantment

During this event enchant any single piece of equipment up to at least level 8 and you’ll receive bonus silver and experience!

Only the Elite

This event will be running from now until July 31st. During the event, collect the cards Arya the Honorable, Kathryn Emberwind, Whitemane, and Executioner Grimbone from the race packs and you’ll earn 200,000 silver for each one you collect, plus an additional 200,000 silver if you collect all four cards!

Events for New Server (City Gates)

Master Enchanter

Are you a master enchanter? Now’s your chance to prove it! Enchant any single piece of equipment up to levels 4-12 to receive a wealth of silver and special experience scrolls between now and July 31st!

Master Armourer

Enchanting not really your thing? Are you better with hammer and anvil than you are magical enchantments? Combine any piece of equipment to Epic Quality or higher before July 31st and you’ll receive gems to help your enchanting skills, as well as a boat load of crystals!

United We Stand

If your guild is one of the first to reach guild level three, every member of your guild will receive a special reward including riches of silver, crystals, gems and valuable elixirs of energy!

Events on ALL Servers

Card Sale

To celebrate Rise of Mythos 1.2 we’ll be putting the Master’s Pack, as well as the Human and Elf Race Master’s packs on sale! Now, you can get these cards at a discount of over 10%! Better get those Battle Priestesses and Elven Samurai now though! This discount goes bye bye on July 24th!

I am Legendary

If you happen to pull a Legendary card from any booster pack between the launch of Rise of Mythos 1.2 and July 23rd, you’ll earn a bonus of silver and crystal!

King’s Command

Collect the King’s cards and be rewarded for each king you collect from now until July 31st! Finding Emperor Augustus, King Vel’Assar, Chieftan Lionroar, and Undead King Bael in any booster pack will reward you with 200,000 bonus silver! If you collect all four kings during the event, you’ll receive another additional 200,000 silver on top of the silver earned for each card!

Battle on the Heights

Defeat the Windy Cliff Boss Fight on hard mode and earn 200 rubies! If you’re the first on your server to defeat this fight between now and August 5th, when the event ends, you’ll get double the rubies and 50,000 silver as well!

Ascend the Tower

The Ascension Tower event returns! From now until July 31st fight your way to at least level 35 in Ascension Tower and you’ll earn extra Tower Coins and Crystals for every 5 levels you conquer!

Flag Post

Hi

Flag Post

nice, thx for update, will see…

Flag Post

Mages are to weak, need to balance them I think, AoE or smth, it is not enough – Lightning Tempest

Flag Post

Auction House

Players will not be able to set the buy out price of cards on the Auction House any longer. The buyout price will now be defaulted to the highest possible price instead.

So I can no longer trade cards or sell for a certain price? Oh cool.

Flag Post

I think you mean the 17th of July not the 16th. The 16th was yesterday when other servers/players got the update before us. Update looks very interesting though. Looking forward to it… or maybe backwards to it? ;)

Flag Post

Isn’t it awesome how only the VIP people can benefit from the Card Sale, I am Legendary, King’s Command events, and Only The Elite?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! >:( And I know you guys want to generate some ‘income’ with persuading people to start buying gold or anything at all, I really dislike the fact that people are rewarded cards that non-paying players can’t get, such as Temptress Lorelei. Then you add yet another pack that can only get purchased through being a VIP player. If you could make 1 day (doesn’t matter which) where all packs can be purchasable by any player (paying/non-paying) Where King’s pack could be roughly 2.5 million silver, or 900 rubies, Master’s pack all cost 500k silver, etc. Prices can be decided by the devs. All I want is for all the packs to be buy able by anyone, at anytime within that single day. Can be once a week, month, whatever.

EDIT: Good job at getting tons of your ‘Folks’ raging and quitting the game.

Flag Post

What’s up with preventing card trading (i.e. trade cards with people via setting minimun buyout etc)…?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GF_Stormshade:

System Announcement

The name of players who get orange/red card from package will no longer be shown in system announcements, to protect their privacy.

Give me L! Give me O! Give me L! LOL! This is ridiculous on so many levels. Are you going to hide their name during PvP too? Maybe when they summon orange/red it should say “summoned by <privacy_protection>”? The ONLY good thing about it is that chat will no longer spammed during tournaments. Something that could be achived without global change.

New Server (City Gates)

Brace yourselves, shitstorm is coming.

Only the Elite

This event will be running from now until July 31st. During the event, collect the cards Arya the Honorable, Kathryn Emberwind, Whitemane, and Executioner Grimbone from the race packs and you’ll earn 200,000 silver for each one you collect, plus an additional 200,000 silver if you collect all four cards!</p

Card Sale

To celebrate Rise of Mythos 1.2 we’ll be putting the Master’s Pack, as well as the Human and Elf Race Master’s packs on sale! Now, you can get these cards at a discount of over 10%! Better get those Battle Priestesses and Elven Samurai now though! This discount goes bye bye on July 24th!

I am Legendary

If you happen to pull a Legendary card from any booster pack between the launch of Rise of Mythos 1.2 and July 23rd, you’ll earn a bonus of silver and crystal!

King’s Command

Collect the King’s cards and be rewarded for each king you collect from now until July 31st! Finding Emperor Augustus, King Vel’Assar, Chieftan Lionroar, and Undead King Bael in any booster pack will reward you with 200,000 bonus silver! If you collect all four kings during the event, you’ll receive another additional 200,000 silver on top of the silver earned for each card!

You can’t be fuckin serious. FOUR different events aimed at whales? Where’s my “fuse one green squire, one green cavalry” type of event? You know what’s best reward for people who pull one of kings from packs? THE GODDAMN KING HIMSELF. Those are extremely rare and powerful cards and you’re giving further rewards for people who get them? Way to make strong even stronger.

Battle on the Heights

Defeat the Windy Cliff Boss Fight on hard mode and earn 200 rubies! If you’re the first on your server to defeat this fight between now and August 5th, when the event ends, you’ll get double the rubies and 50,000 silver as well!

Server maintenance ends around 5 am in Europe. Gee, thanks for that wonderful event. Can’t wait to try it.

So, to sum up this update: still no server clock, screw free players, screw European players, double square screw free European players. Thanks a lot! 5/5, add to favourite, would read again! You sure know how to kill all the joy coming from new cards.

Flag Post

Ive already moved over to Kingsandlegends.com since they just released 3 new servers. Im on S9. They got the patches up yesterday and the newer servers are CET so its 1 Hour ahead of United Kingdom time. + They already implemented cross server battling and bossing incase the servers die, which i dont see yet, since they market more and have bigger player base

Flag Post

Server maintenace started

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

This is so insane.. Seriously, is there no way to get like, 10k silvers for free players? You do realize, these events can only be accessed by those heavy-spenders. You could at least be like those random other cheap game developer companies/groups and make something ACTUALLY worth doing? Something like get maximum activity(Which is possible, but very tedious) and obtain 100k silvers.. But really? Getting one of those kings is only possible through the vip system..

Flag Post

Out of EVERYTHING you could do in this update, you change the Auction house? I mean, I understand not allowing players to trade cards, but not letting them sell cards is down right silly. Some of us enjoy looking for the best deal on the cards we want. All you are doing is making it harder for F2P players to keep up with Gold Diggers (aka the people who buy mass amounts of gold).

One of the best solutions for F2P players to keep up with P2P players was that you could sell some of your cards to earn up rubies and then buy packs. Now, you can’t even do that.

I don’t see the reasoning behind this. Can someone please explain?

Flag Post

Just to address what they’re doing with the AH, its a fair change. What it stops is using the AH to trade cards. I’ve been able to basically trade or give away several cards using the current AH system, so while I’ve enjoyed the “exploit” I recognize that it’s been a bit of an exploit so this is a fair fix.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GolgoDemon:

Just to address what they’re doing with the AH, its a fair change. What it stops is using the AH to trade cards. I’ve been able to basically trade or give away several cards using the current AH system, so while I’ve enjoyed the “exploit” I recognize that it’s been a bit of an exploit so this is a fair fix.

Trading aside, what is the point of buyout if it is so ridiculously high that noone in their right mind would use it? 200 Gold for a Rare card? 1K Gold for an Epic?

Flag Post

It’s because they want to make it so the only way to win is through lots of cash being spent.

Flag Post

It’s hardly an exploit in my belief. Ever since CCGs came out (in the real world), its been encouraged that you trade cards. Many online CCGs also encourage trading. However, there has been a business world shift in CCGs where its all about the money. This is understandable yet infuriating. They got rid of trading not to HELP players, but to make more money. I’ll explain further why it isn’t an exploit.

So this game came up with the idea of the AH. This was awesome for many reasons. First, you could sell cards you didn’t want since everyone has more cards than they know what to do with. Second, it was a way for people who don’t spend a little gold each month or so on this game to earn some better cards. People, myself included, check the AH often to look for the best prices. They constantly check to see if they can get a good deal on an awesome card that they really want (Undead King Bael is mine). Third, it created a player-run market place and assigned values to card via a natural economy. Fourth, it allowed those who wanted to buy packs, but didn’t want to sacrifice real money, to get rubies. All these features are highly hindered if not eliminated by the new change.

Now for the real reasons that they made this change. Many call the old AH feature an exploit or a harm. The main reasons for this were because players either sold cheap which allowed for alt boosting or other such “exploits.” The other reason was unofficial player trades that could result in scams. Both of these are hardly reasons to alter the system. No system is perfect. All you can ask is for the best possible system that generates the player’s most happiness. You can already see how this will harm player happiness. There are also a TON of ways to fix the supposed “reasons” for change. You can institute a minimum level to use the AH (like 30 or 35). Most players won’t spend a lot of gold until they hit that level anyway. You can ACTUALLY BE MODERATORS and check trade logs. The AH isnt that active when it comes to Epic and Legendary cards (there is no Godlike activity) and anything Rare and below hardly sells for any gold, so there is minimal harm done. Their logs cannot be that large. Anyway, the next way to prevent exploits is to ban multiple accounts from the same IP. This one is the least lucrative fix, but it is one. Next, you can set a minimum price for buyouts BUT DONT MAKE IT THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE PRICE. To anyone, that is just stupid.

Here is the real reason K&L did this. It’s cause they are greedy. I don’t mean to sound like a whining person. I do mean this all to sound logic, but I’m gonna rant for a second. There are ridiculous amounts of signs that K&L management only cares about money. From the ridiculous benefits given to people who spend money to the events that are centered around people who spend money. Here is my idea why K&L did this. They THINK they benefit. They possibly do in the short run, but their greed will create the downfall of this game in the long run. First, they believe that by getting rid of the custom AH buyout price that they will get more people to buy gold. This makes sense in theory because now people have lost a channel to buy cards without having to spend lots of gold, which means people will have to buy lots of gold to get the low chance cards that they really want. (Note: these numbers are meant to simply explain my point). Say GolgoDemon buys 10 gold. He spends all his gold and gets Undead King Bael. He then decides to sell it for 15 gold. Now, he is getting 5 gold’s worth of rubies (which means GolgoDemon just got 5 gold without having to pay K&L a cent) while LordFly has now had to buy 15 gold and spend it on just getting one card. Now, K&L has gotten 15 gold revenue from LordFly. If you add everything together, then K&L’s total profit is 10g – 5g + 15g = 20g (10 of which came from the AH). Clearly, it is beneficial for K&L to keep AH activity high. However, with their recent decision, it will surely decrease AH activity. Here’s why:

Player’s buy gold to become better in hopes of one day climbing up in the leader-boards or in general, just becoming better players. In order to keep players buying gold, you must keep alive their hope of becoming one of the better players in the game. However, this AH will discourage players from buying gold. First off, booster packs with low rating already hurts player morale when buying gold. They have a low chance to get the best cards. AH helps balances that discouragement by giving players an alternative to the booster packs. Players can get EXACTLY what they want for a possible lower price. So when a player sees they card they want, they buy gold and then bid/buyout the card. By setting the buyout price at maximum, K&L has made the AH just as discouraging as the booster packs.

Now, its understandable for K&L to want to make more money, but instead of setting the buyout price at max, they could have just slightly raised the minimum buyout price. This would have made a compromise between player happiness and K&L’s revenue. In fact, it would have raised the prices enough without sacrificing player morale like they have done now.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Flag Post

@Seizan_7: You do realize the windy hard event is on new server only, right? I somewhat doubt there would be anyone getting it done so fast such that the time the server opens make a significant difference. It does make some difference ofc, just not that much. Even if people is willing to cash for the cards needed, they’d still need to grind to 35 first.
Now, personally, I don’t mind giving 10000 events to whales as long as there are some very good events for free players. The number of events hardly ever matters, it’s the quality that makes a difference. That said, I can’t say that I’m satisfied by the free to cash event quality ratio. But that doesn’t change the fact that your point of complaint is of no significance whatsoever.

@GolgoDemon: While I don’t mind any measure to cut down trading, this isn’t the way to go about it. Personally, I like the auction system of another game, where the item is not listed immediately, but instead some random time after, up to 1 hour. That way, the intended trade would be risky and would require the buyer to watch the auction for the whole duration or risk the card being snatched by someone else. Would that not be a better option? In fact, the auction item can be visible before the actual sale period begin, so that if it is indeed a trade, other people would be attracted by the absurdly low price and increase the risk of failed trade. Now, from the update we can be pretty sure that trading is not wanted by the dev, and that is perfectly fine, it’s their choice to say what is allowed and what isn’t. HOWEVER, that doesn’t change the fact that they employed a solution that have other harmful effects when better solutions can be made.

EDIT:
@LordFly: trading in real world is fine because cards can’t come out of nowhere. Whereas in internet games like this, cards does come from essentially nowhere. Now, you’d have to spend effort in the games to get them, but due to assorted limitations in game, the efficiency of your work decreases as you play more. And this is what causes alts to exist, as multiple accounts for a short but high efficiency period each will yield greater total amount than one account for a long timer, which will have lower average efficiency. And we are not even considering bots here. This is why EVERY ftp game carry some sort of anti-alt feature and/or policies. Of course, banning alts on sight is a very good idea and I fully support it. But if you know anything about computers, you’d know that it’s hard to do. Heck, some browsers nowdays carry an built in IP spoof feature. As it were, unless deep digging is done, some alts would get away. And frankly, deep digging every account would be difficult at best. With that said, any “unofficial player trade” so to speak coule be harmful for the game and there is nothing wrong if they were to program something to prevent it.
Of course, if you read my reply to GolgoDemon, you’d see that I’m opposed to the change that they made, as it’s not the best way to go about it. There are other methods that can achieve the goal without harming the game

Flag Post
Originally posted by deathvonduel:

@Seizan_7: You do realize the windy hard event is on new server only, right? I somewhat doubt there would be anyone getting it done so fast such that the time the server opens make a significant difference. It does make some difference ofc, just not that much. Even if people is willing to cash for the cards needed, they’d still need to grind to 35 first.
Now, personally, I don’t mind giving 10000 events to whales as long as there are some very good events for free players. The number of events hardly ever matters, it’s the quality that makes a difference. That said, I can’t say that I’m satisfied by the free to cash event quality ratio. But that doesn’t change the fact that your point of complaint is of no significance whatsoever.

@GolgoDemon: While I don’t mind any measure to cut down trading, this isn’t the way to go about it. Personally, I like the auction system of another game, where the item is not listed immediately, but instead some random time after, up to 1 hour. That way, the intended trade would be risky and would require the buyer to watch the auction for the whole duration or risk the card being snatched by someone else. Would that not be a better option? In fact, the auction item can be visible before the actual sale period begin, so that if it is indeed a trade, other people would be attracted by the absurdly low price and increase the risk of failed trade. Now, from the update we can be pretty sure that trading is not wanted by the dev, and that is perfectly fine, it’s their choice to say what is allowed and what isn’t. HOWEVER, that doesn’t change the fact that they employed a solution that have other harmful effects when better solutions can be made.

If you could read, at all, you would see that it says that the Windy Cliff event is on erherm ALL SERVERS…. herpity derpa, derpa derpa doo. Derp deep derdily derp derp, herpa sherpa sherpa her-diddly hoop-dee-hoop. Herpin’ herpa derpin’ diggly doodle dong dig wiggly sheeble skeeble hippin skippa doo ba flarpa skintin dibblebums. Meemaw herglemumps kibbly wumplestein ibbity bibbity, wienerskins a wiggle frump. Feng shui.

Flag Post
Originally posted by platypuspie07:
Originally posted by deathvonduel:

If you could read, at all, you would see that it says that the Windy Cliff event is on erherm ALL SERVERS…. herpity derpa, derpa derpa doo. Derp deep derdily derp derp, herpa sherpa sherpa her-diddly hoop-dee-hoop. Herpin’ herpa derpin’ diggly doodle dong dig wiggly sheeble skeeble hippin skippa doo ba flarpa skintin dibblebums. Meemaw herglemumps kibbly wumplestein ibbity bibbity, wienerskins a wiggle frump. Feng shui.

Ah, crap… missed the line… Thought it was only 2 sections, old and new. Meh, old, new and all…. weird way of going about it. Also doesn’t make a lot of sense considering old server got Damned Castle event…. Oh well, my mistake.
Really wish they bold things…

Flag Post

P.S. Attn: F2P players bitching up a storm: If being P2P on a FREE ONLINE FLASH GAME didn’t reap massive rewards, who in their right mind would do it? Of course they are catering to P2P players. If it wasn’t massively rewarding, no one would do it, the devs would stop making the game, the game would die, and there would be no update. Just be happy that VIP 1 isn’t a requirement for editing your deck idiots. You’re getting a carrot (albeit less of a carrot, still a carrot), stop acting like its a stick.

Flag Post

That’s false logic. In fact, more and more F2P games are coming out because making an ACCESSIBLE in game shop is the best way to go. That’s why you are seeing less and less games that require monthly subscriptions (at least in the MMO world). The problem with your logic is that you assume there are only two types of players: F2P and P2P. True F2P players know that they will be disadvantaged by being truly F2P. The problem with their updates is that they are hurting the third group you forgot to mention: the infrequent gold buyers. By making the shop and P2P Cards less accessible, they are discouraging the infrequent shoppers to pay more money. I assure you, any business should be looking to get MORE customers. The true P2P players are already going to spend money no matter what (per se). However, the updates in this game are making it harder and harder for the third group to exist.

Call it “marginalizing the middle class” if you want. That term pretty much sums up what they are doing. They are making the P2P more P2P and the F2P players closer to being truly F2P. They are making it harder for a middle class to exist (those who infrequently shop).

Flag Post

This was a fairly balanced game between payers and non-payers,but almost every new event is only for the payers and that will m ake difficult for non-payers to keep up.I really hope that this game doens´t become a complete pay-to-play,where the only way to do anything is by paying.

Flag Post

UPDATE: Maintenance is being extended for one additional hour. The servers should be back up by 9:00PM PST.

Thank you for your patience!