Platinum Hammers

9 posts

Flag Post

Any suggestion on what to use them for especially for those that aren’t paying to get an advantage?

So far, I’ve used them to buy an extra resource bin for some of the resources which also help in designing my shop layout but not sure if it’s worth it to buy those higher tier resource bins as they start out with such a low amount…

Flag Post

the t4 res bins, cause, the space saved is HUGE, magic statues, grandbanners.

don’t waste them!

Flag Post

The only 2 uses of Platinum Hammers are using them for city upgrades, or shop improvements. So to choose between these 2 would be a personal choice.

I have also noticed that the higher the cost of the shop improvement, the higher the gold per hammer value you get. For example, all of the equipment rack tier 3 improvements can be made with 80 hammers each. If you use them for the 250k gold upgrade, it means you get a value of 3125 gold per hammer, or you can use them for the 3M gold upgrade which means you get a value of 37.5k gold per hammer.
That being said, there’s also the factor that you can use hammers earlier to save 250k gold which can be used for other improvements and it will give you higher benefits earlier. So it depends on the play style.

For a f2p player, platinum hammers won’t come by abundantly, so I would prefer to save them for high gold per hammer value upgrades.

Flag Post

Personally, I wouldn’t use them for city upgrades. All city upgrades can be completed with a little patience, whether it’s gold, items, or adventurers. The value of hammers there is fairly poor in the long term. There are certain other uses for hammers that cannot ever be purchased by another means, no matter how patient you are. Magic bins are one example, but also purchasing additional furnitures once they’re sold out. As dolton says, an extra grand banner (or a magic statue if that suits your play style) is very useful. There’s no rush to spend them, so feel free to hold onto them until you’re sure you know what you want to use them for and you have saved up enough to get the upgrade you really want.

Flag Post

I’m slowly getting to the point where i’m ready to spend them (lvl 63 now). Right now i’m doubting whether to spend them on the statue or the banner, but i’ve also heard you need them for the last walls and shop space upgrades.

Is this true? any more advice on what to do with my precious hammers? i can only afford one of these upgrades.

Flag Post

You don’t need hammers for the last wall and shop space upgrades – those upgrades just take a lot of gold (100 and 10 mill respectively I think). If you’ve got enough for the extra grand banner, go for that. If not, go for the statue. Unless you have crazy numbers of hammers, magic bins aren’t worth it. It saves space but by the time your shop gets to 2nd max size, you should have plenty of space anyway.

Flag Post

Thanks Tom, unless i get crazy lucky it ’ll be the statue

Flag Post

In my opinion the statue is a terrible choice, you can get enough appeal at a squeeze with gold to get to appeal 10, using banners/racks, and the extra customer is pointless. The best use of hammers is either T4 bins (for space and efficiency) or grand banners (for the extra customer xp and rare loot).

Flag Post

I initially used mine on a second Wardrobe for crafting XP, now it’s all about T4 bins (making that leap from T3) and Grand Banners.