[Game Update] 9/10 Update Notes

20 posts

Flag Post

9/10 Update Notes

http://www.kongregate.com/games/userjoy/confrontation-web-card-game

[New Event] – The seasons of the pirates! Who is really the lord of the seas?
Heroes, we have just received the request for help from the blackwater pirates! They have been attacked out there while sailing, by another band of pirates! The captain would wish for us to defeat those evil Saltydogs! I’m sure they have stashes away alot of treasures. What do you think we should do? Even though they won’t be easy to defeat, but the gold is calling out for us! Let’s set sail!!!

Within the chapters in 2-2 and 2-3 (Shallow Grave book) a new side chapter has been added, let us explore the pirate’s den! New bosses and cards awaits for everyone! Also log in daily between 9/11 and 9/23 for daily supplies!

a) Prepaid Gift
For this week, we have the Legendary Talisman, a Rare Star Card and 20 gold, you can choose 1 of the 3 as a gift when you top up for the first time this week

b) Daily Limited (Changes everyday)
This week we have various packs that can be purchased from Gems! Also great discounts on gold packs as well, however it’s not the same each day, so make sure you check back daily!

c) Confrontation Treasure
This week we have the great Sakura, with Thunder 2*3, Urge 2*2, Dodge, Concentrate, she is one powerful hero to use! Also joining her is the Mythic Ashkasa, Warrior of Blood! With some other Legendary Unit cards and Talismans, what’s a better way to end than to include a 50 gold pack?

Flag Post

What a money-grab update.

You guys should be doing stuff to try and improve player retention, not pulling off this kind of bullshit.

No feedback promotion.
No Season Three achievement.
The new scenarios are annoying as hell to keep juggling decks for all the silly rules, obviously a blatant try to get people to spend gold on extra deck slots.
The rematch prices are ludicrous, the chance for getting the loots to summon the new raid boss are abysmal, the rewards on that raid are terrible AND the pitiful amount of gold given for the achievement to taking it down SEVENTY FIVE TIMES looks more like an insult than an incentive to try and do it.
Then you go and put an amazing hero in the dice on this week of all weeks, just to add even more insult to injury.

And, as per usual, NOT A SINGLE WORD about any of the numerous suggestions we give you.

Get your shit together, this update is a bad joke.

Flag Post

I can’t challenge new Senario ,Sharox Grave 2-2-4.
because I don’t have hero with block(and revive).
and I see cardlist, I think that, hero with block is very very little.

Flag Post
Originally posted by troggking:

I can’t challenge new Senario ,Sharox Grave 2-2-4.
because I don’t have hero with block(and revive).
and I see cardlist, I think that, hero with block is very very little.

Heroes with revive work, too.

Some relatively easy to obtain heroes for that particular challenge are: Asura of Sarlath, Ahsa Ruyar (either mythic version or rare one), Drahas Zombie Lord (bonus loot from chapter 5-8 from first book). Cadwallon Vampirwarf also works, but is really hard to get.

Other than these I dont see any heroes that can be used, though, and I agree the list is very limited, despite some of these heroes being more or less easy to get.

Flag Post

As a free player, I am less concerned about some of OMG’s points, but agree wholeheartedly on others.

“The rematch prices are ludicrous, the chance for getting the loots to summon the new raid boss are abysmal, the rewards on that raid are terrible AND the pitiful amount of gold given for the achievement to taking it down SEVENTY FIVE TIMES looks more like an insult than an incentive to try and do it.”

This is totally true. The player base is slowly shrinking, and to get more payers in, you need to attract more players, most of whom start playing for free to check out the game. The cost to summon this new Ragnarok (which includes the cost to replay the scenario numerous times, since the drop rates are crap) is prohibitive. It is NOT going to attract new players, and inversely, it might even put off the current players.

I don’t understand why you do not ask the players what they want, since it appears that the Devs are putting out both the payers and the free players. But some serious communication between the management and the players might be exactly what this game needs to not only continue, but grow.

Flag Post

thnx!!
I’ll Rematch 5-8.

Flag Post

totally agree with Omg. An event like this is a nice idea but not this way. Takes way too much energy and silver to get the mats for the boss and most people havent even finished book 1. Even if you somehow manage to kill 15 with gold medal (not easy, if only max 5 people can get it), you get 6 gold. Not much help, if you cant get gold as free player any other way (10 more events like that and you can buy a faction pack … 1-2 years?). Besides why was the sale of faction packs for gems only for one week? (Faction packs permanent buyable with gems would be a first step in the right direction)

Flag Post

I have yet to see any response from the dev’s to the viable feedback that the concerned players are taking time out of their live to give on this game.

Flag Post

Seriously, this update has been really disappointing to me, a paying customer. Not to mention it took 3-4 hours to update and no apology or compensation are given for such downtime.

Why utter disappointment in the update? Most of the points have been mentioned above. If the developers aren’t going to take players’ opinions and suggestions more seriously, this game is going in 1 direction—→ decline. Signs of such state have been pretty obvious already.

Flag Post

:(

I have passed all the suggestions off, however I have yet received any feedbacks from it. I will continue to push for it…

Ahsa

Flag Post

AhsaRuyar since it seems that you are our player-to-dev representative here, you got to be more aggressive to push for feedbacks from the developers after meeting them.

Often if they are not returning feedbacks, they are probably trying to ignore our concerns and sweep it under the bed.

Thanks for replying, Ahsa. I almost thought no one cares.

Flag Post

I played through the missions and gave it a chance, the cost for replay is insanely high and the chances of rewards is very low. Im with the others on this, not a good update.

Flag Post

I am a new player and as of this posting, have now actively played for six days. I truly WANT to like this game.
I WANT to have the emotional satisfaction that comes from having accomplished something in the time I invest in gaming. I do NOT want to be the best, but I DO WANT to have a fighting chance in the current meta. This game has the potential to be the next big thing in card games on Kongregate.

Despite the brilliant premise, this game has a series of critical, near-fatal flaws that need IMMEDIATE attention if this game is to avoid becoming as defunct as Kongai. A shadow of a dream’s demise. Virtually everything that I have encountered difficulties, frustration, and rage that detract from the enjoyment of what would otherwise be a game that has a heck of a good shot of surviving the test of time. Does that seem like a grandiose, overly idealistic perspective? Maybe. However, I must say that it is written with the utmost sincerity. I am not about to rehash what others have said before in this thread as we are all adults or emerging adults who have the ability to read what others have written. Take note at one of the biggest stems here of the problems with the game: an apparent lack of either having read this feedback or of addressing the issues detailed. The most successful of the game franchises, regardless of platform, draw and rely on non-monetary resources and contribution from the community. Namely, things such as feedback, playtesting, bugreporting, and many more. Such contributions not only benefit the game by catching errors early so that they may be then fixed prior to the widespread release, such community communications and idea forums assist the developers in developing a game that the players want to play.

In my short time as a player, what was probably the most aggravating of all was the complete and utter lack of a cohesive, comprehensive tutorial on the inner workings and complexities of the game. This absence lead to several very damaging errors in play, pack purchasing, resource expenditure, and many other quandaries that were completely avoidable had the proper contextualization and information been given.
Additionally,the difficulty curve of some portions of the game are glaringly out of place amongst others, such as the Mysterious Unicorn challenge.

With problems that have ALREADY been brought up by the community, in some cases having been brought up time and time again, there should be zero doubt or hesitation in addressing the issues.
Thank you for making a game ith so much potential and for taking the time to read this message.

Sincerely yours,
~Dieben

Flag Post

Ahsa doesnt do s*
it. This game is nothing but a port of a stolen game in china. Every penny you spend on this game is supporting the illegitimate chinese game stealing industry. Stop supporting this game AT ONCE!

Flag Post

Jelly, Ahsa responded to the players as best as she/he could. Which is more than I’ve seen on the months I played on FB. Our concerns are being relayed, and when more has been told to Ahsa, I have faith we’ll hear about it. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Also, with your attitude, I guess we won’t be seeing you, or the money you spent, around anymore. How much support did you give them btw? :P

But I know we will, because you don’t have the gonads to live by what you say and just drop the game. So have a nice big glass of STFU juice, and either go away, or go play the game.

Flag Post

This game has lost me to another game called Kings & Legends, which I have spent over $1000 on in the past few days alone.
The devs actually listen to the players, and the updates reflect upon what I have just stated. Grimslaide, please do grow up. Your voice doesn’t matter, as there is no $-signs next to it.

Flag Post

I’m very sorry you feel this way :(

Unfortunately alot of the concerns were with gold, and ultimately the final decisions I could not make. But for those that say that I’m not working as I should be doing, I’m sorry about that, and I will try to improve on things

Ahsa

Flag Post

It’s all good Ahsa…the majority of the community understand that you are just the face and voice that reaches us, not the final decision maker.

I wouldn’t take anything KingJelly says to heart, seeing as he is a known liar, and honestly, at the time of me posting this, he is on a ragnarok I summoned hours after his last post. Perhaps he can get off of his $50,000 couch long enough to go get Paul McCartney to help him get stuff done around here? ;)

Flag Post
This game has lost me to another game called Kings & Legends, which I have spent over $1000 on in the past few days alone.

yikes.

Do they call you Ishmael?

watch out for stray harpoons!

Flag Post
Faction packs permanent buyable with gems would be a first step in the right direction

one small step.

basically, the game needs dual currency for high end purchases. gold should be for folks who are just impatient and want the game to move faster.

example:

the brand new Plants vs Zombies II game. You can play it for free just fine, but it adds to the speed and enjoyment aspect if you buy powerups and special plants. I think there is ONLY one plant you can’t get for free…. if you play long enough.

for pay to play, it’s a well thought out model.

the model here? not so much.

like with any slot machine, if you want to keep people spending money, you need to actually give back regular rewards. Rewards in this game are WAYYY to hard to come by after your first day.

Unicorns should not give out uncommons at all, for example, given that for most people, they are quite tough to take down. rares and above would be a better choice to keep people interested. Take that kind of reward system all the way through the game. there should be regular, GOOD rewards for effort.

of course, I’ve seen a thousand games like this, and the fact it is not ALREADY like this tells me all i need to know.