Forums Triviador

Why are cheaters often off by 1? Also why are they so blatant?

6 posts

Flag Post

I just had the pleasant experience of getting my castle destroyed on turn one, by a Romanian who knew exactly how many KOs Mike Tyson had, the exact year that insulin was discovered, and so on… all within 1.5 seconds

However, every single one of his answers was off by exactly one, except for a couple easy ones (those were exact).

Is there any mechanical reason why his answers were slightly off, maybe the game tests for too many perfect answers in a row?

Flag Post

I don’t think it’s cheaters. Maybe you fought a couple but most of the people who ruin the game are just the high levels who have seen every question/answer 100 times. For some answers they don’t remember perfectly so they’re off by 1 or a bit. The game should match you with people around your level to prevent that crap. It has enough players for it. Then those high level idiots can play their boring game against each other and the rest of us can play for real.

Flag Post

I get what you are saying, but multiple times I’ve played people who get every single answer off by an increment of +/-1, no matter if it’s a year, a weight, temperature, or anything else. As in they 1000000000 +/-1 or 10 +/-1

Flag Post

I don’t know how you can be so certain multiple times. There may be a few you’d question, but I’ve only had one which I could give 93%+ certainty on, and I don’t recall such obvious cheating occurring in games I’ve played.

No doubt there are plenty of cheats, but a cheater would have to be dull to be so obvious. But then again, cheaters are stupid losers anyway, so maybe.

Flag Post

Actually I have fought at least one cheater now, but he answered every question with the exact number and in 0.5-0.9 seconds every time. The high levels are still the bigger problem by far. I don’t understand why the people who made the game wouldn’t make it at least try to find us opponents around the same level. I’ve almost never seen a pvp game that didn’t.

Flag Post

It’s not just the high levels that are “cheating”, or memorizing as if by rote. I would like to add “Vargas” to the list of these folks. Level 31; with a very large gold castle. And, he’s not the first low level I have seen that has destroyed us two opponents in less than five minutes with every exact answer. There’s a few more lower leveled players who are, I’m assuming, trying to get better gold castles quicker than the first go around. I’m level 50 and I earned my Level 3 gold castle fair and square! They are creating extra accounts. It’s getting out of hand. You literally cannot win against someone who has every exact answer within less than a minute. It really is the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. Can only imagine the amount of children wanting and trying to play this game, only to be discouraged by the fact that it would be impossible for them to win. Or those that actually invest in it? Spending money on an internet board game that can be FIXED (or rather seems really broken)…doesn’t seem to conducive to sanity either.