[Guide] Post Game Player's Guide page 4

95 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by byounger:

why are there two rings which have the same stats,elf and drow ?

Elf has 20% damage, pretty sure drow has 25%.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dmitry83:

Strength – melee damage and block rate. Every 18 str adds +1% block bonus, up to +15% at 270 str.
Constitution – HP. HP=2*level*con.
Intelligence – magic damage, SP, healing.
Dexterity – magic and gun damage, crit rate, healing. Base crit rate=dex-5, class and weapon bonuses are added on top of that, so at 105 dex you always crit with any class or weapon. Crit rate >100% increases crit damage, capped at 300% base crit rate (305 dex), class and weapon bonuses can go above the cap.
Quickness – melee and gun damage, defense.

The overall idea is simple – raise 2 main stats that affect your damage as high as you can. Try to keep them equal or close to that: damage is a product of those two, so keeping them equal will maximize your damage. Regarding the secondary stats:
Strength is not particularly useful. Block rate is too small to make any difference. In any case raising str>270 gets you nothing.
Constitution is determined by what you want to survive. E. g. I wanted to survive Lolith early, so at lv92.5 I raised con to 320. With some item bonuses total con was >400. On the other hand, I could just wait to get higher level when her damage would become lower. Hint: one target that hits hard and might make you want to add con above softcap to survive is Frozen Pride (8th monster arena opponent).
Intelligence affects SP, so dropping it too low is a bad idea. Healing is also important: if you can’t fully heal even with Greater Heal, you’ve done something wrong with your stats.
Dexterity must be at least 105 to have 100% crit rate. The more the better but going past 305 makes no sense because of the overcrit damage cap. Also affects healing, so you can choose whether to increase int or dex to improve healing.
Quickness is not particularly useful. Defense reduces damage taken but this reduction is really small, so raising constitution to have more HP is much better for your survivability than raising quickness to reduce damage.

Originally posted by Dmitry83:
Originally posted by anshulratchet:

Obviously what Dmitry83 said for mages and not gunners and swords.Because for mages Int and Dex is very important and for swords its Quick and Str and for gunners its Quick and Dex.Rest i think Dmitry83 cleared it out:)

That was related to secondary stats only, those that don’t add damage. Strength is a secondary stat for mage/gunner and as such it is not really useful. Quickness is a secondary stat for mage, not really useful as well. On the other hand, Int and Dex are useful even as secondary stats because they affect SP, healing and crit. And of course two primary stats that affect damage are always top priority.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

accoeding to post game ,“Rings” section, it shows elf and drow rings damage % as the same! prob just a typo :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by mrwiggs8:

Flag Post

accoeding to post game ,“Rings” section, it shows elf and drow rings damage % as the same! prob just a typo :-)

Flag Post

Triple post a lot? But yeah, if the guide says that then it’s a typo, ’cause the elf ring only has 20% and the drow ring has 25%.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tumalu:
Originally posted by NamelessMinion:

Will need more info on the new allies before I can make any recommendations on them. For instance, if the permanent passive exp bonus is just temporary or not. Would also like data on whether or not the damage boost is passive as well.

Beauty is passive and stays with you even if you switch allies.
Visionscope is passive, but does not stay with you if you swtich allies.

Huntress vs. Eli
-Huntress is better for players that spend most of their time at Mystic Wars, Faction Wars, or Fallen, since damage bonus directly translates to an experience boost and can help you place higher in competitive environments. Visionscope and Copy will help you do a lot more damage to bosses that don’t require Protect Aura.
-Huntress’s “usefulness” is higher than Eli’s (Eli has one good skill while Huntress has three).
-Eli gives a permanent boost regardless of what you’re fighting. If you level via mainland instead of bossing, Eli’s experience boost will benefit you more.

Huntress vs. Lilith
-Copy damage is equal for both.
-Huntress has a higher block chance when maxed out.
-Lilith is better if you absolutely need Protection Aura to survive (An example would be Possessed Bosses), otherwise Huntress is better.
-Huntress is better than Lilith for “Instant Death” bosses.

Here’s an excerpt from another one of my posits regarding Huntress vs. Lilith.
-The damage from a newly purchased Huntress is better than a fully upgraded Lilith.
Lilith’s copy is 37% damage when upgraded fully, but Huntress begins with +10% damage bonus AND 25% copy damage. If you deal 1.1x damage and she copies for 25%, she’s actually dealing 27.5% in copy damage, when compared to your damage with Lilith. That gives you a total of 137.5% damage on turns she uses copy, and 110% damage on turns where she doesn’t. This is already better than what Lilith can offer. Also, damage bonus from Visionscope will benefit you every turn, while copy damage does not. That and Huntress’s higher block chance makes Huntress a very desirable ally.

Eli vs. Elf vs. Valkyrie
-Weaken percentage is the same for all three.
-Eli lacks Protect Aura and Block, so she’s not as useful when equipped.
-All three have heal, which ruins Talisman damage for mages, who want their HP to be lower for higher Talisman damage. Elf has a weaker heal than Valkyrie, and Valkyrie has a weaker heal than Eli. Generally, you want a weaker heal so that your Talisman damage gets “ruined” less.
-Eli’s Beauty skill works even though she’s not equipped, so you’re free to switch to Elf or Valkyrie, whichever you prefer.
-Eli is a worse version of either the Elf or the Valkyrie. Most players already have one of these allies upgraded, so there is no need to waste books on Eli.

Recommendations based on priorities:
For EXP: Eli for normal mobs and mainland, Huntress for bossing.
For long boss fights:
-If you can survive both the weak hit and the strong hit without protection aura – Anyone with Weaken until weakens kick in, then Huntress.
-If you can survive the strong hit, but only with protect aura – Anyone with Weaken until weakens kick in, then Lilith.
-If you can survive the weak hit, but only with protect aura – Valkyrie for the first 9 turns, then Huntress.
-If you can survive the weak hit without protect aura, but not the strong hit – Elf Princess for the first 9 turns or when weakens kick in, then Huntress.
-If you can’t survive any hit from the boss with or without protect aura – Don’t fight the boss until you level up more. But if you really have to, use Princess until weakens kick in, then switch to Huntress OR just Huntress if you feel like you do more damage that way.
For “Instant Death” bosses: Valkyrie/Elf Princess (your preference, I’m assuming you can survive the weak hit) for first 9 turns, then Huntress.
-Upgrade Eli’s beauty skill to 25, then never use her again. Elf Princess and Valkyrie are far more superior for battle. Eli should not be your primary ally.

Ally combination recommendations based on budget:
-Lilith is good, but Huntress is better for damage output. If you have to choose one over the other I would recommend Huntress.
-Lilith and Valkyrie both have protect aura. Lilith tends to make battles faster but if you are patient you can get away with only using Valkyrie for a long fight if you can survive.
-Elf Princess has a block skill that is invaluable to some players.
-If you absolutely need protect aura, I recommend the Valkyrie/Huntress combination. You will have the following “pool” of skills: Weaken, Protect Aura, Visionscope, Nanoshield (Caps at 37% block), and Copy
-If you don’t need protect aura, I recommend the Elf/Huntress combination. You will have the following “pool” of skills: Weaken, Protection (Caps at 34% block), Nanoshield (Caps at 37% block), Visionscope, Copy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by quiznossubs92:

Section 8: Rings

A few long overdue updates/corrections

Drow Ring

Level Required: 90
Effects: All Attacks do +25% damage
How to get it: Can be found in mystery box.

Dream World Ring

Level Required: 93
Effects: All Attacks do +30% damage

Positron Ring

Level Required: 98
Effects: +100 Max Energy

Flag Post

Dylerious you seem to have missed the BM part about the rings, but yeah…

Flag Post
Originally posted by omark96:

Dylerious you seem to have missed the BM part about the rings, but yeah…

Ideally someone should put that in as it’s own section to this guide – Basically any Rings Alien or above or Extended Gear lv 61+ is available for purchase in the Black Market with level restrictions.

Faction War, Monster Arena, & Atlantis are also missing descriptions.

Flag Post

Thanks Dyleriou for the excellent explanation of allies.
I do not agree though with Eli being so worthless:
For mages i recommend using her on 1hitters who’s weak hit you can survive without Valk’s Protect Aura.
Use her until weaken kicks in or 9 hits, then switch to Huntress.
Personally i switch after 4-5 hits because damage from Huntress is higher than you can get from a late 3rd weaken (or none at all!) and loosing damage with weaker ally.

Reasons:
Many of us have hi level healing on Elf/Valk, but only lv 1 on Eli. And mages dont want to get healed since we got talisman.
Eli has no block, so you get hit more than with Elf.
Eli has no Protect Aura, giving increased damage taken compared to Valk.
As a result you get your hp further down and more damage from talisman.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightGamer:

For mages i recommend using her on 1hitters who’s weak hit you can survive without Valk’s Protect Aura.
Personally i switch after 4-5 hits because damage from Huntress is higher than you can get from a late 3rd weaken (or none at all!) and loosing damage with weaker ally.

Reasons:
Many of us have hi level healing on Elf/Valk, but only lv 1 on Eli. And mages dont want to get healed since we got talisman.

The explanation was provided by Tumalu and quoted by Dylerious.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NightGamer:

Reasons:

The explanation was provided by Tumalu and quoted by Dylerious.

Yup – I’d like to take credit, but all i did was copy it from the ‘New Player’s Guide’ since I felt this was a more appropriate topic heading.

I would add that Eli has the benefit over EP of not needing to scroll.
This is why i’ve been training her Weaken & Beauty.
& NightGamer, Eli may be a better choice for mages with respect to optimizing Talisman Damages, as she doesn’t block, or cut damage with protect aura.

Flag Post

Very useful. :)

Flag Post

I think the numbers for Drow and Elf Ring is wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tikikala:

I think the numbers for Drow and Elf Ring is wrong.

Only thing wrong with the elf ring is that now you can get it from the Black Market at a few levels sooner. Not sure if that’s what you were thinking about or not.

Flag Post

I believe he was referring to this:

Originally posted by quiznossubs92:

Elf Ring

• Level Required: 81
  • Effects: All Attacks do +20% damage
  • How to get it: Complete the Evil Queen Quest, given by Leader in Emerald
    City
  • Drow Ring

• Level Required: 90

• Effects: All Attacks do +20% damage

• How to get it: Can be found in mystery box.

The damage bonus for Drow Ring is incorrect and I believe this has already been pointed out, but yet not fixed…

Flag Post

is this guy still around to update this guide?