damage calculation

3 posts

Flag Post

hello everyone
i was wondering if there is a damage calculator or some formulas for the game.
i started doing pvp and i find myself doing too little damage while taking too much even with equal staff.
i m playing a mage and can’t seem to find an answer to my problem.
is mages broken in pvp?
thank you for your answers :)

Flag Post

Nothing is broken in PVP, it’s just that players have more defense and more attack then the mobs that you’d be used to.

Flag Post

If it helps, you can calculate approximate defense rating. (No way of seeing ring enchants to know exact defense) But character’s have defense equal to the protection rating on their armor (The number inside parenthesis is already calculated into the number outside of it) + their defense – 5. If you’ve got your magic to 60, I recommend getting gun to 13 and buying a bb gun when you intend to enter the arena. The use of aim will make you hit frequently and crit a lot more often. Also starting each round with shield is a good way to help you live. If max hp is an issue buy con (uberdetox) at the healer shop in any town till it maxes at 120, which is without any equip bonuses boosting life. Enchanted staves are almost always better than others once you get into demon gear and beyond. Check magic power and balance effects of more crits or more sp vs the damage difference and decide on weapons that way. :)