Not everyone can kill a Faction Boss

21 posts

Flag Post

So, since most guilds can’t kill a faction boss (might be wrong about this, but it seems like only a few can)

and factions are a multi-guild cooperative movement

Those that are allies should be able to kill the same faction boss given a shared bonus. Since the guilds are part of the same team, it makes sense to share the boss damage and for fairness the bonus as well.

Flag Post

Hmm….As long as there’s a way to opt-in/out of a shared boss system, I don’t see a problem with this as a concept. As part of a guild that can kill its own faction bosses, I like the system as a guild thing. The one point of concern I’d have is in how the bonus is shared, since it’s a guild bonus to xp when a boss dies. Highest guild total damage gets the 1%? Maybe you could share bosses with guilds you’re allied to friendly with through diplomacy.

Just for pure maths sake (not to take away from your idea. I think it’s a cool idea as long as you have the choice to opt-out of it): A non-gemmed level 88 in our guild does 25m/run or so (with talisman). So that’d be ~8 runs for 10%. So 10 people around that range could shut down a faction boss in an hour or 2 of intense playing. I’d guess that’d be about the level killing faction bosses becomes less than a full weekend event. Not sure how many guilds have that many players in the high 80s. But 20 people doing half as much, or 40 people doing 1/4th as much would have the same results.

Anyway, neat idea.

Flag Post

So, fractions are a wonderful thing. The key reason for most high level people kill off a boss is most likely the bonus. However, I rarely run into a high level guildie that isn’t there to help the guild. Perhaps i’m putting words in peoples mouth, but like i said not everyone can kill a faction boss. I do hope that the bonus could be shared, as per number of guilds that helped kill boss (realize that it is not limited to three, but would help many lower level guilds and most guilds would be okay with that.) If a guild can kill a boss on their own, the simple answer is diplomacy. The cost is mystics… Which at least provides a tradeoff even if it is only for four days

Flag Post

TL:DR most guilds cant kill a boss, but maybe a combination of some can

Flag Post

Agreed!

Flag Post

I like the way things are, lets wait a little bit to see how things play through (it’s the first war).

If a guild can’t down a faction Boss, they don’t deserve the 20% if they win.
They also don’t deserve any shred of xp bonuses from kills. kingk was originally going to make the level requirements higher but, he made it lower to let more people use the area. He was not expecting them to win.

Flag Post

Being GM of a guild right around rank 40 (avoiding advertising) we have 9 people from 80 to 86 and one joined fairly recently, we’re under 400mil from killing our first one. It’s possible for some non-gemmed guilds with a few 80+ working at it determinedly to take one down in the 4 day span. It won’t happen again for another month or so to build coin reserves though.
Side note but on topic: Easter with all its potential goodies is bound to make things easier for guilds on the edge of being strong enough to take one down. :)

Flag Post

I have already posted in the suggestions and another faction war related thread that I don’t think the current set up is fair. We did kill one in DOG with ALOT of grinding yesterday. It won’t happen again unless we know all 8 top players are around, and even then 1 per weekend is probably our max. Any more and we can’t down enough bosses to keep fame up.

I still think Zone 1 should be made easier so low-level guilds can grind for a small bonus. Zone 2 is for those going for the huge bonus. My suggestion is:
1) Lower Zone 1 boss to 500M
2) Put in a max cap of 10% to guild bonus
3) Put in a max weapon of extended greater fallen
4) Require 20% on boss for a faction point (but keep items at 10%)
5) Put in a max of 10 individual faction points per war (to avoid high-level players exploiting the area)

Flag Post

500M is far too low, I’d agree with 1 Billion much more. Even so, that amount of hp is on the low side. 2 billion seems fine, I would not want it changed. Yes, it is difficult, but challenging and rewarding.

Flag Post

I’d like to point out that the XP from FW is equivalent to Hell Gate, making it the best xp in the game. I see no reason to not do FW even if you can’t do 10% on the boss.

Flag Post

Faction Wars is fine the way it is not everyone is supposed to be able to down the boss cause wheres the fun in that the game is supposed to be challenging not made to where everyone can kill the boss so either get stronger or quit complaining

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowdemon32:

Faction Wars is fine the way it is not everyone is supposed to be able to down the boss cause wheres the fun in that the game is supposed to be challenging not made to where everyone can kill the boss so either get stronger or quit complaining

Yes, exactly what I mean. It does not matter if there are a some guilds that can’t down a boss. That is expected.

Flag Post

The point is a better balance between individual needs and guild needs. For a guild to get a decent bonus, several bosses need to be killed, not one. Therefore, the challenge is to kill the 10-20 bosses needed to get the max bonus for the guild.

The danger here is that FW is essentially a 4-day long fallen. As such, it could suck so much effort from lower-level players away from guild-building activities (i.e., raging bosses) to be detrimental to most guilds. My goal is to achieve a better guild bonus vs. individual bonus (the xp). Dropping the boss to 500M or 1B just increases the guild bonus, gives a few more drops, and allows more people to go for faction levels (as is, it may take some individuals in guilds that can only drop 1-2 bosses per week nearly 1/2 year to get to Faction Level 2).

Flag Post

i dont want shared bosses because then it takes away from chances to get 10%.

this is like saying that a fresh level 81 should be upset that queen 1 hit kills them, that is suppose to happen.

what is actually needed is more diversity in boss levels. add another boss that has lower hp like maybe 1 bil. but to be fair you exclude that from being eligible for top level items(maybe make it like xyphite or something) and lower the maximum guild bonus to say, 10%.

Flag Post

psshtt….screw guilds. im planning on solo-ing post-game bosses ;)

Flag Post

I take it that you people who are basically saying “quit whining” are in guilds that can beat the bosses then?

Flag Post

I’m saying quit whining and am in a guild that’ll take down 1 boss a month. (Once one week and 3 weeks to recover from the major effort put forth.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Biffbiffley:

I take it that you people who are basically saying “quit whining” are in guilds that can beat the bosses then?

Yes. If you can’t beat the boss, that area is there for you to get stronger and eventually kill it over time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

this is like saying that a fresh level 81 should be upset that queen 1 hit kills them, that is suppose to happen.

what is actually needed is more diversity in boss levels. add another boss that has lower hp like maybe 1 bil. but to be fair you exclude that from being eligible for top level items(maybe make it like xyphite or something) and lower the maximum guild bonus to say, 10%.

There is absolutely no need for a third zone if Kingk fixes Zone 1 as nigi22 suggests. If Zone 1 is not challenging for you then, move to Zone 2. So kingasofnow and bobby, I expect to see you in Zone 2 now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by quercus22:
Originally posted by bobby71983:

There is absolutely no need for a third zone if Kingk fixes Zone 1 as nigi22 suggests. If Zone 1 is not challenging for you then, move to Zone 2. So kingasofnow and bobby, I expect to see you in Zone 2 now.

…i am in zone 2, im in PWN.

fail.

Flag Post

Is it the Big Tom Cat Boss that’s giving everyone trouble? I hate cats.