i mist capped page 2

38 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by weezyfosheezy:

arent you missing the point of a mist cap. The game itself wasnt suposed to be designed for 5000 mist costing less then a week or two of saving coin. The game moved from its intention so instead of lowering coin rewards he put a cap on. Not saying I agree with it, but that was the reasoning. Having free players with 700 stats is crazy

what free player has a stat of 700?

if you mean combined, thats called playing a lot.

also, why is that even a problem?

Flag Post

does the mist cap only apply to kong or both kong and FB?

Flag Post

@ weezy: People playing a lot shouldn’t be a concern of Kingk’s, but instead should make him happy. Thinking you can change the playing style of your fan base by implementing something that hinders their progress is arrogant and short sighted.

Again I would like to point out that the near perfect mist loop ONLY applies to high coin return areas, for lower level players.
And finally: A hypothetical 90% coin return is NOT a mist loop, not even a near perfect one, but will empty your bank REALLY fast.
A mist loop is getting a consistent 100% or more return for what you spend. Personally I do not care if the lower levels are able to do that, let them. All it does is close the gap between the top a bit and makes the game more interesting for all of us. Levelling up will fix the loop anyway.

He can keep the higher players in check with a level cap. No one in their right mind will buy mists after 5K, even if they are able to loop. They will just rinse and repeat some other day, stacking coins in the progress.

The way to truly fix a loop (and to clarify: I am talking about a consistent 100% or more in return, not some lucky rare occasions) is to raise the mist cost just a little for the levels that are able to do this. But I do not see why that would be necessary.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lf2ian:

seems fb doesnt have mist cap

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wizard78:

More to say, FB version infamously offers (or at least offered) an option for a E refill/Mist loop with overwhelming E max, gifts from “friends” (i.e, alts), and Whites from MBoxes LOL XD.

Flag Post

wasnt paying attention but I mention DMH as potentially the most powerful free player, he has 600 stats and 756% SD and kingk said no one mentioned on the (strongest free player) forum was even close to the strongest free player and that is when i assumed insane free stats 700+ probably

Flag Post

Kingk nerfs the game b/c of too much free stuff….remind him to continue doing so…. :/

That being said dmh has had a decent amount of gems from offers, depends on what you define as a free player. How about we just stop talking about it b/c nothing good will come of it!

Flag Post
Originally posted by karibola:

Kingk nerfs the game b/c of too much free stuff….remind him to continue doing so…. :/

That being said dmh has had a decent amount of gems from offers, depends on what you define as a free player. How about we just stop talking about it b/c nothing good will come of it!

not trying to single out DMH just saying there is someone way more powerful somehow free. For that to be true someone is doing something probably shady. I’ll stop now just a little biased against people who spend thousands of hours on something and dont even donate out of the kindness of their heart or to show their gratitude.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wizard78:

Just to clarify, FB version had the 3K hard mist cap for several months now. Since that version is intentionally easier for more casual players, there are several other restrictions place for post-game content. For example, they are also capped at 1x mist for invasion, 50% more defense on Fallen and Mystics, half encounter rate for high-end possessed bosses, and few other limits that does not apply to the Kongregate version.

Flag Post
Originally posted by weezyfosheezy:
Originally posted by karibola:

not trying to single out DMH just saying there is someone way more powerful somehow free. For that to be true someone is doing something probably shady. I’ll stop now just a little biased against people who spend thousands of hours on something and dont even donate out of the kindness of their heart or to show their gratitude.

Not totally free. I donated $20 a long time ago and as kari said have been the beneficiary of a lot offers available for things I already planned to get. Other than that I have done a lot to maximize the return I get on my mist. I hoard during the week and grind on weekends and events.

So all those gems bought with kreds from offers have “donated” as you put it to kingk since he gets revenue from gems bought regardless of where the kreds used to buy them come from. And even if I had never spent one dime (mine or from kreds offers) I am still “donating” to kingk with all my time on here since I run no ad-blockers and he also gets revenue from those banners on the page.

Flag Post

Out of curiosity I tried to hit the mist cap while grinding Faction War during recent weekend events. Took me roughly 8 to 10 hours. OK, maybe trying to maximize boss damage by switching classes and allies during battle slows me down too much but it’s still many hours of grinding to hit the mist cap. Seriously, how many of those raging here over limitations that hinder their progress actually used >5k mists a day before the limit was set?
Just some rough estimations: we are getting 360 free E daily, that makes 2520 free E weekly. Weekend bonus events last 3 days (Friday to Sunday), so assuming a very active player is using 5k mists a day during events only and doesn’t mist outside of events, this still makes 2520+3*5000=17520 E/week or 911k E/year (wells, beggars, mushrooms, crystals and special holiday events add even more E so the actual value would be >1m E/year but to simplify things I will not take this into consideration). Of course all that 911k E is not completely used on mobs, some is spent on bosses. So far the highest boss encounter ratio is in invasion, 1 boss in 3 E on the average. Hell Gate and other areas have lower boss/energy ratio. But even in invasion 911k E would result in ~600k mob kills a year. How about looking at top 100 rankings to check how many players actually have that many mob kills? I see a total of 9 players who have exceeded 600k mobs and it surely took them more than 1 year to do that. Perhaps the 5k mist limit is not so awfully low as some people think?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dmitry83:

I see a total of 9 players who have exceeded 600k mobs and it surely took them more than 1 year to do that. Perhaps the 5k mist limit is not so awfully low as some people think?

Try mystic war.
Or, do fallen+FW+random rages for guild. You’ll hit it in 2-3 hours c:

Flag Post

Mystic war drains coin really fast. Even though it gives good XP, the coin return rate is too low to be anywhere close to a good mist loop.
Fallen has the same game mechanics and rewards as FW, so whatever applies to FW, applies to Fallen as well.
Random rages – waste of coin again.
There are few options for grinding during weekends with decent coin return rate: HG, FW, invasion. Everything else will be draining my bank too quickly to afford 5k mists anyway. But if I needed to waste 5k mists quickly regardless of costs, I would do it in a few minutes rather than 2-3 hours with autoexplore :P