Sword power vs Mage power

36 posts

Flag Post

You critically hit Neocorn King with Dark Side of the Moon for 31697 damage points

atk power 10002 with an alien greatsword
as a DS

You critically hit Neocorn King with Inferno for 27069 damage points
Elf Princess hit Neocorn King fo

with an enchanted grand crystal staff as a Divine mage…
magic power is
Magic Power 10553
Attack power of magic skills

shouldnt i be doing way more damage?
yes i avged….i hit above 30k with my sword and around 25k with tthe staff…WTF

Flag Post

You forget that the staff classes has a bonus to spell damage, as well as the staff itself. The sword class has no damage enhancing bonuses aside from the hidden +10% skill damage from skill level.

Flag Post

so why am i doing less damage with the staff with higher spell power than the sword with lower power?

Flag Post

Kingk has stated magic power isn’t a direct representation of a mages attacking ability.

Flag Post

Ohhh. Wait. I misread, lol. I have no idea, sorry I can’t be much of help. >_>

Flag Post

For whatever reason, MPower is an inflated figure compared to the attack figure. Therefore after normalizing, your MPower is considerably less in comparison.

Flag Post

hmmm….i am going to stop wasting my epots on my staff then…i was so happy when i got my magic power above my atk power…KingK you lied and misled me….You owe me 50 epots i wasted on that stupid staff

Flag Post

I bet if you showed everyone your stats and the stats of your weapons, you would see that you’re built as a sword user, not a mage user.

So.. don’t know what else to tell ya buddy.. of course your mage skills are gonna be weaker
It’s not “bullshit” You’re just an idiot.

Flag Post

lol…only reason i am going mage is because of the update…been increasing my staff…hoping the enchant bonus on magic will make it stronger…

Strength
Increase melee attacks.
Equip more items 98
con Constitution
Increase maximum HP 129
int Intelligence
Increase magic attack. Increase skill points. 63
dex Dexterity
Increase magic and gun attacks and crit rate 69
qui Quickness
Increase melee and gun attacks and defense 80

• Guardian’s alien greatsword +6 (1420)

* Enchanted crystal grand staff +4 weapon 1206 58.8% spell damage

Flag Post
Originally posted by trozman:

I bet if you showed everyone your stats and the stats of your weapons, you would see that you’re built as a sword user, not a mage user.

So.. don’t know what else to tell ya buddy.. of course your mage skills are gonna be weaker

Sword users have lower attack than mage users, so its not inconceivable to have the magic power and attack equal, even if you’re slightly heavier on the sword stats. Believing that the two figures are comparable seems natural, though whatever reason they aren’t.

Your post misses the point of this, and attacks him for no reason. Who’s the idiot.

Flag Post

thank you karibola….i laughed hard

Flag Post

kwll What lvl is your char? I have an absolutely useless (for me) minor Fallen Staff of Power +3 (that with bonus to Str) that I was planning to drop into Fallen Charity. Maybe you can use this staff until your guildmates kick Fallen / Fwars for smth. better?

Flag Post
Originally posted by karibola:
Originally posted by trozman:

Sword users have lower attack than mage users, so its not inconceivable to have the magic power and attack equal, even if you’re slightly heavier on the sword stats. Believing that the two figures are comparable seems natural, though whatever reason they aren’t.

Your post misses the point of this, and attacks him for no reason. Who’s the idiot.

Trozman is correct. His staff has a low sp dmg and his stats are worse for staff than sword. So of course his mage skill is going to be weaker. Also it was well known before the update that magic power is not the numerical equivalent to attack.

Flag Post

So well known that anybody should know that? It isn’t stated anywhere ingame and is in no way obvious. His sword stats represent 34% more power, so with about equal weapons, its reasonable to believe that a sword and staff should hit about the same.

Flag Post

MP should be about 50% higher of attack, assuming equal damages. not sure for gunner, but I know that they have too different count of atk (not getting the point, it’s just a trolling by king to confuse us all)

Flag Post
Originally posted by kwll:

lol…only reason i am going mage is because of the update…been increasing my staff…hoping the enchant bonus on magic will make it stronger…

Strength
Increase melee attacks.
Equip more items 98
con Constitution
Increase maximum HP 129
int Intelligence
Increase magic attack. Increase skill points. 63
dex Dexterity
Increase magic and gun attacks and crit rate 69
qui Quickness
Increase melee and gun attacks and defense 80

• Guardian’s alien greatsword +6 (1420)

* Enchanted crystal grand staff +4 weapon 1206 58.8% spell damage

But the point is that your stats are more geared to sword.

98 Strength and 80 Quick versus 63 Intelligence and 69 Dexterity.

Flag Post

i admit my stats are a little on the sword side..but thats how the pills came to me….if i use a staff will i get more iq and dex? or does it matter?

Flag Post

doesn’t matter class/weapon pills are random…or as I am starting to believe they are purposely counter-productive. I seem to find way more Str/Spd than I do Int/Dex

As for the dmg as kari mentioned atk pwr and mgc pwr are not same dmg for same value. If however you compared a sword user with sword stats and enchanted weapon vs a magic user with similar mage stats and a staff of the same tier and number of enchants the mage would have a higher dmg per atk

Flag Post
Originally posted by kwll:

i admit my stats are a little on the sword side..but thats how the pills came to me….if i use a staff will i get more iq and dex? or does it matter?

I’m saying that due to the way your stats are spread, your damage is changed as a result. Even if your sword has lower stats, we need both magic attack and attack to determine damage changes unless someone wants to calculate it all out.

Flag Post

I know one thing. When I made the switch I got 2x the attack and that made, bosses quicker and easier, DL lets you take on lolith without to much devotion to con as early as 91, makes instakill bosses give about a 30% more of a return, so you get exp 10x quicker (actual approximation). Only downside is you cannot fight many mystic wars, but when an easy guild comes up it is much more efficient then sword with exp gaining. Also I gain experience way faster as a staff in FW then I ever did as a sword in MW. Every facet of the game is easier and more rewarding with staff and any counterpoint besides fighting behemoth guilds in mystic wars has been disproven by experience.

Magic power is about 75% of attack power (but over 70%…had a mage with the same magic power as my attack (sword) i even did more crit and it was about 73%)

Flag Post

Some practical advice – pick a class. Don’t use pots on 2 weapons, why am I posting…

Flag Post

so i guess i should restat…if i do…what should i put my stats as?

Flag Post

Don’t waste gems on restat, kwll. You have decent stats for a sword-user. Just search for best “of Speed” armor you can wear and some good Guardian Sword.

Flag Post

@ weezy, I’m not sure how it works in the 90’s for levels, I’m assuming your observations have been tested, but to say that FW levels someone up faster than MW is really surprising. I’ve spent 5 hours at FW as a mage and gained only 3-4% before where as a sword user 2 levels above me who hits about as hard as I do gained around 18-20% in the same amount of time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mrwiggs8:

@ weezy, I’m not sure how it works in the 90’s for levels, I’m assuming your observations have been tested, but to say that FW levels someone up faster than MW is really surprising. I’ve spent 5 hours at FW as a mage and gained only 3-4% before where as a sword user 2 levels above me who hits about as hard as I do gained around 18-20% in the same amount of time.

It only takes 1 hour to wipe out your entire bank doing MW.