Petition to have OF added to FW.

54 posts

Flag Post

(There are lot of comments about this topic, so, I decided to create one of my petitions, maybe people will talk about this)

Oke, first of all:
Faction War is simply one of the best areas of the whole DW for nearly all DW players.
Raging gives a decent amount of coins. A level 90 raging neo will get few coins, the coin return is 30 energy to fully buy one(counting only mobs kills.)
Raging gives great exp.
Boss gives great exp and probably the best drops in all the DW.

And that’s why most guilds are doing “only” faction while available, we all know it.
But, since it does not add OF, these guilds may lower their guild bonus (if they avoid hard bosskilling to work together against those fortresses), or just lose OF and rankings.

In my opinion, FW should add a bit(at least) of offensive fame. To prize the efforts that the guild put into it. A low level guild need full guild teamwork and efforts to kill bosses, and it’s a guildwork even for higher level guilds. In my opinion, they should give offensive fame. Slaining a neocorn gives 6 offensive fame, and just comparing HP and strength, FW 1 should give way more(FW2 even more).

So…

Petition to get a decent (not exaggerated) amount of OF by killing fortresses?

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/35-dream-world/topics/263735-faction-wars-and-fame

Flag Post
Originally posted by karibola:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/35-dream-world/topics/263735-faction-wars-and-fame

I know, but it’s a 2-day dead thread with few feedback. Hope to get some in this one :)

Flag Post

I feel like there should not be fame added to fw. There is already a bonus for killing each boss plus a bonus to the winning side so you are asking for a double bonus by wanting fame added. About the fame effecting rank the number means nothing we all know what the top guilds do so i see no need to add in fame to faction wars.

Flag Post

Every point you mention was discussed in that thread.

Originally posted by wild_weasle7:

I feel like there should not be fame added to fw. There is already a bonus for killing each boss plus a bonus to the winning side so you are asking for a double bonus by wanting fame added. About the fame effecting rank the number means nothing we all know what the top guilds do so i see no need to add in fame to faction wars.

If the number means nothing, having the FW give offensive fame means nothing. Make up your mind

Flag Post

But if they add fame that lasts 2 weeks, we won’t need a bonus for each FW boss killed, if it’s balanced properly.

Flag Post

It really should add, for over a month my guild has focused on offensive fame rather then FW which is pretty much all I want to do. Treat FW for what it has become, what 9x+ want to spend their time on it sucks to do what we want to do at expense to the guild

Flag Post

When i said the number I meant the number for guild rankings. There is no reason it should give offensive fame to raise guilds bonuses that is just way to much of a bonus for faction wars, which was the number i was talking about.

Flag Post
Originally posted by wild_weasle7:

When i said the number I meant the number for guild rankings. There is no reason it should give offensive fame to raise guilds bonuses that is just way to much of a bonus for faction wars, which was the number i was talking about.

a new way of sorting rankings by faction power+ fortresses killed?

Flag Post

I think that would work a lot better but there would still have to be some percentage of it that was fame based i believe.

Flag Post

-1. So far offensive fame was rewarded for non-instakill bosses, from demon gates to drow mine. Instakill bosses (MS, Fallen, fortresses) give XP bonuses to players/guilds instead of fame. Why change that general rule and make an instakill boss give fame?
Another point: having to fight different bosses adds more diversity to the game, makes it more challenging by giving a choice between XP, coins and offensive fame. Having one area that gives everything (decent XP, coin, items and offensive fame) would make players ignore the rest of the game content. No choice, just one area to grind. A unidimensional world.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dmitry83:

-1. So far offensive fame was rewarded for non-instakill bosses, from demon gates to drow mine. Instakill bosses (MS, Fallen, fortresses) give XP bonuses to players/guilds instead of fame. Why change that general rule and make an instakill boss give fame?
Another point: having to fight different bosses adds more diversity to the game, makes it more challenging by giving a choice between XP, coins and offensive fame. Having one area that gives everything (decent XP, coin, items and offensive fame) would make players ignore the rest of the game content. No choice, just one area to grind. A unidimensional world.

90% of the high level players do only fallen and FW when up.. don’t see your point..

(I know we must do a choice between XP and bonus, but was just a suggestion, shared by lot of people.)

Flag Post

your right Dmitry all insta-kill bosses should add to something ranking wise not just non-instakill bosses when it is such a small part of the game.

A guild ranking is a cluster**** where 1,2,3 are meaningless so let instakill bosses add to something.

Flag Post

I agree faction wars should effect guild ranking but that is not the same as saying it should effect fame as well.

Flag Post

anything over 1900 something is purely cosmetic. in the age of faction wars being the rank 1 guild just means you are inefficient, or have a bunch of low levels who still get good coin returns from isendel bosses.

for that reason, i think faction wars should get offensive fame. any guild strong enough to kill them with consistency is strong enough to maintain the minimum amount off fame needed for max bonus, so why not add more incentive for competition?

also, i think at the end of every day/week the top x guilds should get x guild bonus. fill in the x for whatever number you see fit. currently there is zero incentive to compete for off fame.

Flag Post

How much fame should a FW boss even give? Some guilds need to work together for the full time just to get 1 kill. All the while other guilds get dozens of bosses with ease. I don’t think it should give something so simple as a number tacked on to offensive fame. I really like that one idea mentioned where Faction boss kills affect rank. They could give a separate fame to add bonuses.

The guilds working so long just to get a small amount of fame will still fall in the rankings if a FW boss is given a simple number. Other guilds will rise to unreachable amounts. This boss should not be treated like an Isendel or mine boss is really all I’m saying.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nakazawa:

90% of the high level players do only fallen and FW when up.. don’t see your point..

(I know we must do a choice between XP and bonus, but was just a suggestion, shared by lot of people.)

True, but only when misting during events. Few people mist during weekdays. Without event and Genius one needs to have really high stats to gain more XP per energy from Hell Gate than mine bosses. For me it would be about 5t XP from Fallen per attack, ~50t XP per run. With 100-120E I could do a couple runs on Hell Gate for ~100t XP + whatever I get from mobs. On the other hand, with the same E I could rage and solo Lolith that would be claimed during event with Genius for ~400t XP and also add to guild’s fame. I choose Lolith :)

Flag Post

Well that is your gaming experience. You’ve chosen to be a lolith grinder and have stats to show that, so obviously it seems more glamorous to you. Until I can vault drow gear though being a FW or fallen build is more glamorous because I can help a guildy get stronger.

But it seems like there is a choice, help you guild by gaining o fame or by grinding gears. Pretty much having to specialize in one area which o fame from other sources leaves the game more open play.

Flag Post

While hell gates don’t offer O fame, the queen does. So you’re not missing out as badly by doing that as you are by having your guild grind FW for gear.

Flag Post

The name offensive fame implies that your guild is well known (fame) for killing things (offensive) and reflects on the rankings. What guilds are more well known for killing things than the ones that top Fallen and Faction Wars?

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingasofnow:

How much fame should a FW boss even give? Some guilds need to work together for the full time just to get 1 kill. All the while other guilds get dozens of bosses with ease. I don’t think it should give something so simple as a number tacked on to offensive fame. I really like that one idea mentioned where Faction boss kills affect rank. They could give a separate fame to add bonuses.

The guilds working so long just to get a small amount of fame will still fall in the rankings if a FW boss is given a simple number. Other guilds will rise to unreachable amounts. This boss should not be treated like an Isendel or mine boss is really all I’m saying.

I vote that there should be some sort of offensive fame given to killing FW…To make it fair, I would say that the number of OF points given be a reflection of the “faction power” of the guild, that way low leveled guilds that put a lot of efferot killing one or two get a much higher OF increase (per boss), while those that can crank them out get some, but not as much…fairest way in my mind :)

Flag Post

Some people were saying that faction wars is he only thing worth doing while it’s up… I don’t think it needs a boost to OF too. On the otherhand, I 100% agree with what Bobby was saying so i think it should instead add to base fame or some sort o new “faction fame”, just so it shows on the leaderboards when strong guilds do alot of it.

Flag Post

Having the FW not adding offensive fame is ridiculous. It just means that whenever you level up, instead of moving to a new area (like we all used to in the old days) you are stuck with having to do things for crappy exp&coin and only partially enjoying the new content, which is never a good incentive to keep playing a game.

Also because whenever you level you need 40% more experience, it would just mean that you would get significantly weaker each time you level, since the relative experience/e AND coin/e will go down in order to keep offensive fame up.

This would mean the game becomes unbalanced, since anyone still low enough to move up from a1 to a4 in isendel gets to enjoy increasingly higher coin and exp / mob kill. Whereas everyone high enough to be grinding elsewhere than isendel progressively lose coin and exp when they lvl.

To conclude: It’s bad enough high lvl players have to grind queens in order to get a HG ticket. The Faction Wars should add something to offensive fame. Every Fortress is something that has to be defeated by a GUILD, in sharp contrast to the fallen and mothership, the first is a Dream World wide effort and the latter is simply time dependent. Therefore I don’t see why a boss that is defeated by a GUILD shouldn’t add something to that GUILD’s Offensive Fame.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Krimbef:

Having the FW not adding offensive fame is ridiculous. It just means that whenever you level up, instead of moving to a new area (like we all used to in the old days) you are stuck with having to do things for crappy exp&coin and only partially enjoying the new content, which is never a good incentive to keep playing a game.

Also because whenever you level you need 40% more experience, it would just mean that you would get significantly weaker each time you level, since the relative experience/e AND coin/e will go down in order to keep offensive fame up.

This would mean the game becomes unbalanced, since anyone still low enough to move up from a1 to a4 in isendel gets to enjoy increasingly higher coin and exp / mob kill. Whereas everyone high enough to be grinding elsewhere than isendel progressively lose coin and exp when they lvl.

To conclude: It’s bad enough high lvl players have to grind queens in order to get a HG ticket. The Faction Wars should add something to offensive fame. Every Fortress is something that has to be defeated by a GUILD, in sharp contrast to the fallen and mothership, the first is a Dream World wide effort and the latter is simply time dependent. Therefore I don’t see why a boss that is defeated by a GUILD shouldn’t add something to that GUILD’s Offensive Fame.

1. Mines add offensive fame. Unlike Isendel, coin rewards for mine mobs scale with player level. In fact mines are getting more attractive as you level because opening costs and well prices remain the same while your coin income increases.
2. Currently offensive fame is a measure of guilds’ activity, not RL money spent on gems by their top members. It doesn’t matter how high your stats are, you still have to get 100% rage in the area and only after that you can kill the boss. FW is all about gemmed stats. Some would need to rage the boss 30 times to kill it while others would kill it in 1-2 runs. I don’t think a guild should be rewarded huge amounts of offensive fame just for having someone like Pat or Auth in their roster.

Flag Post

1. Mines add offensive fame. Unlike Isendel, coin rewards for mine mobs scale with player level. In fact mines are getting more attractive as you level because opening costs and well prices remain the same while your coin income increases.

True, but mines have an entry fee, unlike isendel bosses. Which is still a coin drain, no matter what level you are.

2. Currently offensive fame is a measure of guilds activity, not RL money spent on gems by their top members. It doesn’t matter how high your stats are, you still have to get 100% rage in the area and only after that you can kill the boss. FW is all about gemmed stats. Some would need to rage the boss 30 times to kill it while others would kill it in 1-2 runs. I don’t think a guild should be rewarded huge amounts of offensive fame just for having someone like Pat or Auth in their roster.

What’s your point here? Isendel bosses have to be raged and defeated as well, only here the rage can be a guild effort which makes gemming it even more attractive, because then an entire guild can smack the boss until it’s down. Gemming a Fortress will only get that 1 player 10 turns before it has to be raged again.
Also killing stuff is always easier while gemmed/having gemmed people in your guild, you seem to have a general disliking towards anything that has to do with gemming (not just referring to this post) but it’s just the way the game works.
Furthermore, having gemmed people in your guild should never be a reason to change the way the game works. The original point of Guild Fame was to reflect any and all activity put in by a single guild. Since the FW is a guild effort, it should be reflected in Offensive Fame just like the demon gates and the portals are.