Improving Atlantis

21 posts

Flag Post

Atlantis needs to be improved. After 12+ hours or so, only 13 people have hit it. It’s clearly not inspiring anyone to spend the time to participate in killing this world boss. Here’s why it isn’t very good.

1. Hell gate and FW provide higher xp/e. Over 6 runs in Atlantis and 5 runs in FW, I made an average of 27.6 trillion xp/E in Atlantis and 31.7 trillion xp/E in FW. I did this with equivalent xp bonuses, so there was no variation there. So for my stats, every E in Atlantis is 15% less xp, and I can tank the boss. Not everyone can, so their xp rates would be vastly lower. Solution: Increase xp on either the mobs or the boss.

2. The individual bonus only exceeds 10% if you’re top 5. Hell gate is a much more viable bonus if you’re under level 95, and if you’re over level 95, then you get a 10% bonus without entering Atlantis. This means you need to be top 5 or there’s no additional xp bonus for doing Atlantis. And since it’s less xp anyway, why do it? Solution: Extend Atlantis bonus to 15 or 20% based on damage done.

3. There is no special item reward unless you’re level 98+. FW is a far better choice if you’re farming gear under level 98. Solution: Let Positron drop for top 7 regardless of level.

Right now, Atlantis has very limited purpose. Making these changes would give players a reason to visit instead of having a basically dead zone.

Flag Post

agreed, atl sucks as is. it’s not worth the effort before lvl 98. the rewards do not justify the cost.

Flag Post

I’d add wells, what keeps me out of doing atlantis is the lack of wells. Huge coin sink, I just can’t afford it.

Flag Post

ok i just hit for 500m and got 9th place for a 10% bonus ,but wait i already have a 10% perma bonus so nothing gained for all that butthurt cmon need to tweak atlantis cuz fw is way better atm.

Flag Post

buy gems you fools…gems…then the coin cost wont matter

Flag Post
Originally posted by kwll:

Ehh well I think that if you start to invest a lot of real money into this game then will the coins you gain be more worth to you than if you didn’t gem with real money.

Flag Post

coins do matter, very much so and i’ve bought gems. It isnt easy to keep coin in the bank when you do alot of misting.

Flag Post

not talking about the coins just the rewards why hit if the bonus does not increase

Flag Post

the original poster did a decent job of mentioning some of the short comings and a few possible tweaks to fix it. As he and hans mention if you spend the time in atl and don’t get top 7 for an item then the whole trip is basically a waste. Not only did you spend that time/coin/mist to fight in an area with poor coin/xp return but you got no more bonus than you already had before you wasted a mist in atl.

If you need any more evidence that atl is not working as intended just look at how long they last and how few people actually hit it. Something needs to be done. Any one have any other ideas besides dia on improvements?

Flag Post

-Add wells
-Sum fallen and atlantis bonus (10% in fallen and did 80M to atlantis? = 14$ bonus)
-Get rid of 10bil ticket price or add it as an effect of the dream world ring

Flag Post
Originally posted by Nakazawa:

-Add wells
-Sum fallen and atlantis bonus (10% in fallen and did 80M to atlantis? = 14$ bonus)
-Get rid of 10bil ticket price or add it as an effect of the dream world ring

-lowering the cost of it by 5bil
-adding some random chests that has harder questions

Flag Post

cost is not a issue people the reward past top 7 is, id really like to see the playmage team sit down and think on how to get more people in atlantis via a better rewards system

Flag Post
Originally posted by hansolobaric:

cost is not a issue people the reward past top 7 is, id really like to see the playmage team sit down and think on how to get more people in atlantis via a better rewards system

Ehh I would really say that the low exp/coin and exp/minute rates makes him very unattractive… But yes I do agree with you that the Poseidon and Fallen bonuses should stack somehow for lvl 95+. He’s just not an as good option as FW or Fallen is and before that changes then he will stay up forever as no one wants to hit him.

Flag Post

At the very least the damage cap could be increased to 1.5b so 7 people could kill it.

Flag Post

I think everyone is in agreement that Atlantis needs tweaking, I like the following suggestions:

- Atlantis bonus stackable with fallen bonus
- reducing the entrance fee and/or adding free entrance as an effect of the dw ring

Maybe a new special encounter can be added, or rather reintroduced. Instead of treasure map (which many of us may have even forgot existed):
- Added Atlantean Map encounter type, which drops rare items (dream world or positron), coins, or enhance potions/skill books/pills

A stackable bonus just seems like the obvious fix, also changing up the entrance fee would be even better. But adding a new encounter type that adds what the high level players are looking for in top shelf gear and character boosts would get me in line to hit Atlantis all day e’ryday! :)

Flag Post

y not have a ring that can take you to Atlantis and Isendel? Just like a blue C ring.

Flag Post

I have a C Ring. It’s not blue. The wife got it for me.

Originally posted by the1templar:

y not have a ring that can take you to Atlantis and Isendel? Just like a blue C ring.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

FW gives 250k xp/damage. Atlantis gives 500k xp/damage. The problem is you do 1/3rd your FW boss damage to Atlantis boss.

Mobs are worth 16% more exp in Atlantis, but the majority of your xp income has always come from bosses.

Flag Post

they really need to add a higher level cap so theres new areas and skills when past lvl 100

Flag Post

Yeah. I wouldn’t even want to try it on 95, tried once on 93 after it came out, but sucked.