After the soft cap...

13 posts

Flag Post

OK, so I’ve ready the stickied thread, and browsed around, but I’m still a little confused.

I’m at the soft cap for 4 of 5 stats (for some reason, I just can’t seem to pull speed pills), at level 60. I’ve poked at bosses, but generally been pretty inconsequential (my MP is a bit under 5K). While it seems like I’d get more xp/gold per energy doing Demon gates or Alien Portals, then you don’t get any ‘extras’ Are those extras no long worthwhile, compared to boss rewards, once you get soft cap? Or do the small chance of enchances and such make it continue to be worth it?

I’m also wondering about misting… do the standard monsters ever start giving more cash than 1 mist costs? It seems possible, as the eq gets more and more valuable. Is there some other use of gold after con and str are soft capped?

Flag Post

For the gold you can mist, fairy dust, isendel (when you get to it) invasion, gates, portals (open with coins at 70+)

Flag Post

You’ll never get more from a mob than one mist costs. Though GiR quest and imp quest drops do make up for it. Along with the GoD. Possessed bosses especially if you can kill them, but that may be a few levels from happening. That being said, hulk meant coins instead of using the demon ring, which lets you remove 2 con to open a portal (can be bought back unless you used LP on it beyond soft cap). And at lvl 75 the cost for 2 con becomes more than 2.5bill which is portal opening cost.

If you want decent exp and coins, the mines are a good source of both, with still having chest/mbox chances for more stats. Just make sure your guild members are capable of taking on gwynes, (btw, if the guild isn’t overly active, pestering non-stop about it won’t be any good.

Enchants are ALWAYS worth getting. If you level slow enough you’ll have a chance to get 21 or more enchants on a single piece of equipment, which once the gear is lvl 50 (or 51) and higher, it can be fused to new gear to get some enchants to transfer, allowing you to keep defense, or preferably damage. (Rings are all lvl 1 but can still get the enchants fused to other rings only)

You will lose some enchants upon fusing but it’s a better alternative to just getting rid of a piece of equipment with, say, +90 for a staff. Any more questions, feel free to message my account. I’m more than happy to answer. :)

Flag Post

I can’t imagine having 21 enchants on something…. they fail so often, that much take hundreds of pots!

I haven’t see the Mines yet… I’ll have to check that out. I feel like the Demon gates are kinda more trouble than they’re worth unless you get the boss.

Flag Post

Oh trust me, if you keep playing this game, it’ll happen. And once it does, you won’t often have a time with less than 21 enchants. By the way, if you get one with that many, I recommend getting your new weapon to +35 first for the easier enchant successes/quest progress. :)

Flag Post

Oh, the extras are still there. You just won’t be finding them in puzzle boxes (once Speed gets up to speed). MBoxes will be what you’re really after at this point, and town/Mines/Isendel can provide a small supply of those.

Keep in mind that Mines is a level 60+ area, and in the 60-68 range is likely to be very challenging. Town areas are usually the safest bet if you want to keep growing your character’s power to take on the harder things. :D

Flag Post

you need money to get past the soft cap…kingk will allow you to buy as much stats as you want….

Flag Post

Stats don’t matter when you push the Tarzan Button. Save your money. If you play too much…people will think you’re bedfast or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlbertoV05:

Stats don’t matter when you push the Tarzan Button. Save your money. If you play too much…people will think you’re bedfast or something.

tarzan button, what is that?

Flag Post

Read the text after auto-exploring. Sounds like Tarzan talking to Cheetah. Hence…The Tarzan Button.

Originally posted by gangstilla:
Originally posted by AlbertoV05:

tarzan button, what is that?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

OK, so fusing eq… I gather you need 21 enchants…. is more better? How many enchants carry over if you fuse? I’ve got 20 on my current weapon, and I’m trying to decide if it would make sense to get the next type up.

Flag Post

It’s better to move on as soon as possible or if you’re really close to the step after then you could wait. For example if you’re a lvl 78 with +400 on your xy sword and had access to a Orc Blade then you should fuse. If you on the other hand have the same xy sword, but are lvl 80.5 before you get access to an orc blade then you should probably wait for a fallen blade.

That being said, you keep (90-the lvl difference*2)% of the enhances oh and then -5 more enhances too. So fusing from a lvl 88 item to a lvl 90 item would leave you with 86% of the enhances you had.