Any updates coming? page 3

81 posts

Flag Post

I’d merge server 1 and 2…then cut back events to Holidays. Get rid of free stuff. Make guild and character levels diminish over time. The former would require a number of encounters a week just to maintain the level….and the latter would require constant donations to keep the level and anything above that to progress. Lastly…I’d add durability to weapons, armor and rings.

Flag Post

1 of 2 things can happen there. 1 players can accept the added difficulty, 2 the community that was created turns their back on DW. I’d assume the latter because even though i gem (much more then you alb) I would just stop playing with the added difficutly, because if I want a difficult to near impossible game I have another game to play for that.

What happend was each update for a while adds quite a bit of difficulty (lvl restriction, softcaps ect) where it required people to get stronger faster to give a feeling of accomplishment to be able to do the next best thing, next big set.

To make it harder I’d take away bank space, and free gems every week for just showing up. If you explore a massive amount you can get too many gems.. Being able to keep heroic and genius for all of an event should not be free. “Subscribing” for h/g seems a better way to increase income

Flag Post

Hahaha, you want us to lose levels every week? Damnit, I can take that! It would leave me with a shit load of money on a crappy low lvl. I could mist whenever I wanted and not having to worry. I would just leave my char for a while, just using my naturally regained energy and save up the money. Or I could continue to mist since I know that 1t coins on lvl ~88 will give me quite some energy.

I vote for alberto’s suggestion for us to lose lvls as long as we get to keep everything else ;)

EDIT Ok, now to be serious again. Why make things more complicated than they have to be? Alberto, you think we get too many gems for free? Weezy, you think that too, right? Well why not just do this: Implement a new type of currency. This new type of currency would be what you got from pink and white crystals. Of course would all those gems that ppl have gotten up to this point have to stay gems since it’s impossible to make any difference of the free and paid gems.

Then you introduce a new shop, where you can buy certain things. Some of the things that you can buy with gems, but not all of them. Plus you can introduce new things to the shop. So when you have these 3 different types of currencies then you can give everyone what they want. The free players will still get something good to use, but not quite as good as the gemmers and therefor will the gemmers feel that it’s a little more worth it to gem.

Yes this would hurt quite some to most ppl, including me, but nowhere near if we removed all the gems just like that.

Flag Post

well its not really what i want, but kingk said DW is not making the money and that is why we get no updates for a while. I hear about free pride and stuff like that and dont want to be abandoned. Th lessening of the community might have more to do with it as well, but dont have a suggestion to help that

Flag Post

A little variety would be nice. People don’t like the fact that Atlantis is a copy of Fallen, and Mines are a copy of Isendel. All of those also use the same raging system that gets extremely repetitive.

Flag Post

Come on, cut the “free stuff” crap.
I play other games here on kong, EVERY FREAKIN MMO GAME HAS FREE STUFF, exactly like in DW. I got the best ruby weapon for my class in cloudstone and a couple nice unique cards in tyrant and I haven’t spent a dime in those. I don’t know your dialect, but I’m pretty sure “difficult” is not a synonym of “pay or die”. I’d wish to make Alberto happy and turn the game into an unplayable boring grinding like it was before just to see if there would still be enough active players to fill the top 100 ranking.
The problem with DW is bad management of freebies since 1- Buying LP with gems is way too expensive and not rewarding at all 2- There’s so little to buy with gems, comparing with other games, that it takes just some patience to get everything.

Flag Post

Have I ever suggested getting rid of the free stuff? The only person I have ever seen really wanting to get rid of the free stuff is alberto. I’m only suggesting a way to make it worth it to gem and still give ppl free stuff for playing. So if you were referring to my post up there then please cut the crap yourself. All I’m saying is, read the post before accusing other people for something. But then again I don’t know who you were referring to, so if it wasn’t to me then I’m sorry.

All I know is that there needs to be some way to get the cash rolling into the game again. Either that or this game will get it’s last update the next time they do an update. It’s just the sad truth. Oh well, as I’ve said before, as long as I get a lvl 96+ pb then I’m happy. Anything else than that is just a bonus, hopefully, and will only help to improve this game somewhat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Avalokitesvara:

Come on, cut the “free stuff” crap.
I play other games here on kong, EVERY FREAKIN MMO GAME HAS FREE STUFF, exactly like in DW. I got the best ruby weapon for my class in cloudstone and a couple nice unique cards in tyrant and I haven’t spent a dime in those. I don’t know your dialect, but I’m pretty sure “difficult” is not a synonym of “pay or die”. I’d wish to make Alberto happy and turn the game into an unplayable boring grinding like it was before just to see if there would still be enough active players to fill the top 100 ranking.
The problem with DW is bad management of freebies since 1- Buying LP with gems is way too expensive and not rewarding at all 2- There’s so little to buy with gems, comparing with other games, that it takes just some patience to get everything.

1st person who is truly speaking golden words..

Flag Post

It’s not too much free stuff that’s killing the game but rather lack of anything worth buying with gems. I still believe a good game must have two ways of making progress – the fast one that costs money and the free one that requires tons of effort. At first DW had only one way of getting anywhere past the 50/120/32/32/32 softcap and crappy free allies – paying real money. That sucked. Rewarding players for playing a lot with stat pills and other goodies making them stronger was a reasonable improvement, but it brings another question – what is worth buying for real money now? Buying LP makes no sense, neither does buying mystery boxes – a full energy refill is more useful as it allows you to find more stuff while using that energy than you could buy for the same anount of gems. Yet even energy refills don’t look particularly attractive until you’ve used up the 5k mist stock which is a long way. So is there something that would make players say something like “Wow, I want it here and now!” and pay real money for that? I don’t think so.
BTW, how about a premium-only buff (no gems from DW welfare, kreds only!) that gives 50% bonus to autoexplore coin and xp? I bet I know at least one person who would be happy with that…

Flag Post

Just a funny thought about the last thing you mentioned. It would make it possible to go almost +/-0 only doing auto-exploring xD

Flag Post

Just saying that implementing a new currency system alongside coins and gems would allow it to give free players the stuff they already get and then give some new items to those who purchase kreds. You could open up a new shop for those players, what it could contain is not something I know atm.

Flag Post

Sorry Omark, wasn’t talkin’ about you obviously.

Imho, as I already said. the best solution is to give actual value to gems.
Add more purchasable items. Make 1 time purchase items worth their value. Aka, raise prices. You should have done that as soon as you introduced purple/white crystals. People suggested a crafting system, that’s a good idea, many games, why can’t we have it in there. Add new mechanics where you can use gems to gain an upper hand.
And, again, adjust the formula for LP gaining! You already made some kind of really formula for the bonus LPs gained when purchasing gems, come on, it’s not that difficult to create something better than the current formula of levelx4!

Flag Post

Ok, good Ava ^^

Oh well yeah, I agree there needs to be some kind off value in the gems. As said before the only thing worth buying with gems are e refills and that kinda sucks… Right now is gems just like another form of coins lol.

Flag Post

Free stuff hurried up the endgame. Without all the + cap stats….people would be lower level, overall….and the expansions could have been rolled out more slowly. More time could be given to each to make them unique. Yeah…some people characters would suck….but as you’ve finally figured out….$$$ is more important than free time.

Flag Post

The quick reach of the level cap is due to the poor variety of rewards when winning something or reaching a goal.
Since no new mechanic has been added, every reward is an experience boost. Add genius and do the math.
Adding a crafting/collecting/whatever system back then would have made things

So, again, free stuff is not part of the problem.

I’ll start a petition to have a 1.0 version of DW just for Alberto sooner or later. No crystals, no arena passes, no enchants, no MBs, no possessed bosses, no isendel, and no FW. Just the immense fun of mainland and invasion, for the grind!

Flag Post

Update: Dreamworld will be in full 3-D within 1 week. It will feature all brand new mobs and weapons!

Flag Post

I wouldn’t mind if we skipped all expansions that didn’t have anything to do with mainland (Monster Arena, crystals, enhances and MBs count as having to do with mainland). After all I do almost only mainland nowadays, but that’s only ‘cause it’s the best way to get free crystals, pills and enhances ;). Plus I love the PBs. But then again… It would get boring without a couple of FW rounds and a few lolis now and then, so nah, keep everything hahaha

Flag Post

How about making 16 gems worth as much learning points as total of all stats combined? Example, person A has 200/200/200/200/200 stats and gets 1000 lp for 16 gems.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kroner20:

How about making 16 gems worth as much learning points as total of all stats combined? Example, person A has 200/200/200/200/200 stats and gets 1000 lp for 16 gems.

Hm…this would definitely be more interesting. A lot of people would actually consider buying LP an option. Your proposition would benefit the people with even stats the most, and the players that are higher in the rankings tend to have uneven stats. At 200 in all stats, each stat would cost 572 LP, so only enough for one stat.

Let’s look at Adsum_di (his position makes it convenient for me to pick on him), his base stats are 327/292/983/989/261. In order to push one his stats up, he would need 953/848/2921/2939/755 LP. He would gain 2852 LP from your proposition. For him, using 12 gems for energy would probably get him on average 5 boxes. If he obtains an IQ Pill or a Dexterity Pill from those boxes, it would already cover the LP gained from gemming LP.

I think from a gemmer’s perspective, this still wouldn’t be enough.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tumalu:

Hm…this would definitely be more interesting. A lot of people would actually consider buying LP an option. Your proposition would benefit the people with even stats the most, and the players that are higher in the rankings tend to have uneven stats. At 200 in all stats, each stat would cost 572 LP, so only enough for one stat.

Let’s look at Adsum_di (his position makes it convenient for me to pick on him), his base stats are 327/292/983/989/261. In order to push one his stats up, he would need 953/848/2921/2939/755 LP. He would gain 2852 LP from your proposition. For him, using 12 gems for energy would probably get him on average 5 boxes. If he obtains an IQ Pill or a Dexterity Pill from those boxes, it would already cover the LP gained from gemming LP.

I think from a gemmer’s perspective, this still wouldn’t be enough.

What if ads doesn’t feel like gemming e today and decides to reset his stats to 665/665/665/666/666 to maximize lp gain and decides just to buy those 16 gems pack I suggested? It would be a little inefficiant but waaay faster than spending e to find those pills, wouldn’t it?

Flag Post

What if ads doesn’t feel like gemming e today and decides to reset his stats to 665/665/665/666/666 to maximize lp gain and decides just to buy those 16 gems pack I suggested? It would be a little inefficiant but waaay faster than spending e to find those pills, wouldn’t it?

He could, and yeah, convenience is a big factor. I think a lot of people would purchase the 16 gem pack if it were changed to what you suggested. 5 Gems for a Mystery Box or 16 gems for a guaranteed pill, I think a bunch of people would take the guaranteed pill. Most gemmers are also the most active players, which is why I think it wouldn’t be enough. But yeah, if someone got lazy, 16 gems for LP would look pretty appealing.

I think you should also increase the LP given by Sword/3 + Magic/3 + Gun/3, that way, the game considers all the LP that you’ve ever used since not all people buy LP for the purpose of increasing their stats. Also, decrease the cost to 15 gems, that way it would be more convenient to compare it to just buying boxes – people can think of it as a guaranteed pill for the cost of three boxes. This idea is a little abstract so if it doesn’t make sense to you feel free to ignore it.

Flag Post

Ok awesome ideas, but there’s only one problem… The main part of the gemmers won’t spend gems to increase their stats further since they are probably at what they need and more. The game has come to where stats are not as important to the top players anymore. Just saying that they will probably not spend gems only to increase their stats, but who knows I can be wrong. However I do still think that it needs to be pretty damn cheap for every stat point for ppl to want to do it. I’m not trying to say that your ideas are stupid since they aren’t, but I just try to show a more real view of the issue.

Flag Post

“What if ads doesn’t feel like gemming e today and decides to reset his stats to 665/665/665/666/666 to maximize lp gain”

increasing con won’t help with maximizing lp gain… it rather does the opposite………-.-

Flag Post

Not when buying lp with gems in his suggestion. It would add up all of the stats base stat and that would be the amount of lp you get. You will get the most when your stats are as even as possible, including con.

Flag Post

I think you should also increase the LP given by Sword/3 + Magic/3 + Gun/3, that way, the game considers all the LP that you’ve ever used since not all people buy LP for the purpose of increasing their stats. Also, decrease the cost to 15 gems, that way it would be more convenient to compare it to just buying boxes – people can think of it as a guaranteed pill for the cost of three boxes. This idea is a little abstract so if it doesn’t make sense to you feel free to ignore it.

yes I agree