Any updates coming? page 4

80 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by omark96:

Ok awesome ideas, but there’s only one problem… The main part of the gemmers won’t spend gems to increase their stats further since they are probably at what they need and more. The game has come to where stats are not as important to the top players anymore. Just saying that they will probably not spend gems only to increase their stats, but who knows I can be wrong. However I do still think that it needs to be pretty damn cheap for every stat point for ppl to want to do it. I’m not trying to say that your ideas are stupid since they aren’t, but I just try to show a more real view of the issue.

That’s true.
In some of the existing zones that could probably be fixed by dividing every area in 2 zones, one capped and one uncapped. The only problem remains that exp bonuses can’t be used as reward anymore, unless the level cap gets fixed.

Flag Post

one way that should make some cash is put better stuff in the black market. It’s so random that seeing a perfect staff/gun/sword virtually never happens. Sure there are some people with softcapped weapon enchantments that are tired of the very slow progress one has afterwards they might spend the hundred bucks.

Flag Post

The BM doesn’t work in generating money imho, since you only have 2 pieces of equipment to buy, once you got that you’re ok for at least 4/5 levels.

Flag Post
Originally posted by omark96:

Ok awesome ideas, but there’s only one problem… The main part of the gemmers won’t spend gems to increase their stats further since they are probably at what they need and more. The game has come to where stats are not as important to the top players anymore. Just saying that they will probably not spend gems only to increase their stats, but who knows I can be wrong. However I do still think that it needs to be pretty damn cheap for every stat point for ppl to want to do it. I’m not trying to say that your ideas are stupid since they aren’t, but I just try to show a more real view of the issue.

Yes, the main part of gemmers are those with awesome stats, but I rather think that has something to do with the fact that the rest of us don’t really have much to spend gems on. If I could get a decent amount of lp for my gems, I’d put a little bit of cash down to do it. As it stands, as a level 91 with mid 400’s in primary stats, I have nothing to spend gems on after I buy the permanent premium items. If I could boost my stats with a reasonable investment of cash, I would.

I like to support the games I play, because development and maintenance to take time and money. There just needs to be something of value for me to buy. Maybe instead of focusing on making sure that the people who already gem have more to spend on, it would be a good idea to give those who don’t currently spend money something to buy. This is, of course, not to say that it’s not a good idea to get current gemmers to spend more. Just that it should not, I don’t think, be the only consideration or fatal to an idea of how to generate revenue.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingk:

I have been avoiding threads like this, simply because I do not have a solid answer regarding the timing of next expansion yet. I am aware many of you are expecting and used seeing new expansions every 3 months, when Dream World is the only game we are working on. For many of you, Dream World is still your favorite game on Kongregate (and for some, has been for the past 3 years). Unfortunately, as a development studio with growing list of employees and expenses, it’s not a sustainable business model to only focus on a game that is no longer generating enough revenue to pay for all the development costs by itself.

All I can say at this time is that there are new content/features being planned, and we plan to continue to support Dream World and run the usual events. We were originally planning to release new contents with this year Christmas/Holiday event, but it no longer seem feasible due to project scheduling reasons, so it’s more likely to happen sometime early next year if nothing else changes.

To be honest, this game has died. When you compare it to the other games on kong, the people in the chatroom is much smaller. Making new updates for the higher levels won’t work as the main playerbase is dead. The only way to increase activity is to revolutionize the game, which doesn’t seem to be happening.