My Guild is Deleted. :(

43 posts

Flag Post

My Guild had initials KLG and it was in Server 1. It had 730 billion. When I came back after 2 weeks, I found out I’m not in the guild and when I search KLG, it said the guild does not exist.

What happened to my guild?

Flag Post

I guess it got…
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Disbanded.

Flag Post

If the GM is inactive for more then 2 weeks, a GO can make you lose your position and the GO becomes GM. The new GM probably disbanded the guild. Sucks though brah.

Flag Post
Originally posted by omark96:

I guess it got…
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Disbanded.

That is ridiculously awesome.

Anyway, I’m no expert, but it sounds like Doorstogo has got the right idea. :O
Is there a way for you to contact your old GM?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Doorstogo123:

If the GM is inactive for more then 2 weeks, a GO can make you lose your position and the GO becomes GM. The new GM probably disbanded the guild. Sucks though brah.

I thought it was 7 days of inactivity (one week), not two weeks, before that Depose option becomes available. Also, anybody can click the Depose button, and the game assigns the Guild Master position to the highest-level Officer. If there are no Officers assigned, the highest-level player other than the current GM is picked to be the new leader.

From what my own GM has told me, Guardian and Void level guilds can’t be disbanded. However, she did mention there’s a merging option now, and that is what likely happened (it still effectively disbands the guild, but transfers all members and the guild donation coffers to another guild if a bunch of requirements are met).

If this were me, I’d be contacting the old leadership (officers included) and any active members to figure out who flew the coop. Sorry for your loss, and the lack of anything particularly new in this message. =(

Flag Post

None of the coins or items are transferred, but the guildies from the old guild swoop into a new guild with the new guild’s coins and equipment vaulted. Otherwise, your post was spot-on bob. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by mrwiggs8:

None of the coins or items are transferred, but the guildies from the old guild swoop into a new guild with the new guild’s coins and equipment vaulted. Otherwise, your post was spot-on bob. :)

per kingk ( http://www.kongregate.com/forums/35-dream-world/topics/74043-official-announcements-thread?page=4#posts-6144102 )…coin is deposited, also know this from first hand experience having merged guilds

Guild Merge Function

The guild master can choose to merge their guild into another guild if following are true. The guild to be merged into must have open admission and have at least 5+ members. The result total members will not exceed maximum member limit of the merged in guild. The members of guild merging from must all met the minimum level set by the to be merged guild. The donated fund will be merged but all vaulted items in the merge from guild will be lost.

Flag Post

Ah, my mistake. :) When I read that post, I read that things won’t be transferred and must have missed the coins would. Thanks for that quote!

Flag Post

someone fairly high level & bored could seriously clean up the guild rosters by using Merge. there’s a pile of totally inactive guilds out there & a good few with Auto-Join set.

Flag Post

How would you suggest a person, ‘clean up the guild rosters’ by merging? Even if someone were to do what you are suggesting, they’d have to get a GO or GM spot to dump/disband or continue to merge into other guilds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pelethehamma:

How would you suggest a person, ‘clean up the guild rosters’ by merging? Even if someone were to do what you are suggesting, they’d have to get a GO or GM spot to dump/disband or continue to merge into other guilds.

enter a guild, gm is inactive, wait till you get the gm position, merge

Flag Post

Obviously, you would have to be somewhat selective about it.

Here’s the bottom of the top 500 (the ones with an ‘X’ have auto-join enabled):

488 Trailer Park Boys TpB 646 17 Platinum 1 X
489 Team Tovligness OEL 638 14 Platinum 1 X
490 Blood Lust BDL 631 16 Gold 5
491 Ravenspire RAV 629 15 Guardian 1
492 Cappuccino Cap 629 15 Void+1 1 X
493 Bunny Legion fkn 624 11 Diamond 1
494 Hell Lords LOH 624 25 Gold 10 X
495 Friends w/ Benefits FWB 624 9 Guardian 1 X
496 Devil May Cry DMC 623 25 Gold 1 X
497 PaladinsOfRO PoR 620 27 Bronze 1 X
498 Mais Que Vencedores DJE 620 18 Void+10 15 X
499 VOODOO-KIN-MAFIA VKM 619 18 Diamond 1
500 The Secret Immortals SI 619 17 Platinum 20

DJE has an active GM, so it’s out.
PoR – GM is Lv 56 & last time anyone from the guild logged in was September

feel free to look at the rest.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kroner20:

enter a guild, gm is inactive, wait till you get the gm position, merge

kroner-got it, forgot about the GM inactive portion of the set up. Thanks

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingk:

- Added a new Guild Officer (GO) position that the GM can appoint, who will be able to sell vault items, manage guild wall, accept/decline applicants, and kick regular members, and will become GM if old is deposed due to inactivity.

It’s not possible for someone to do the “plan” you’re talking about… You will need the GM to make you the GM or, at least a GO to be able to get rid of some of the ppl in the lower ranked guilds. However, why would you want to get rid of them? They are just there, they don’t do anything to upset people. Just saying that you shouldn’t get so upset over a few low ranked guilds…

Flag Post

You forget the original Rules:

- Added “depose” option next to Guild Masters that has been inactive for more than 2 weeks – any guild member can use this button to promote the active member with the highest level/experience to the Guild Master position.

Originally posted by omark96:

- Added a new Guild Officer (GO) position that the GM can appoint, who will be able to sell vault items, manage guild wall, accept/decline applicants, and kick regular members, and will become GM if old is deposed due to inactivity.

It’s not possible for someone to do the “plan” you’re talking about… You will need the GM to make you the GM or, at least a GO to be able to get rid of some of the ppl in the lower ranked guilds. However, why would you want to get rid of them? They are just there, they don’t do anything to upset people. Just saying that you shouldn’t get so upset over a few low ranked guilds…

So if you keep Deposing inactive GM’s, eventually you’ll be GM.

Flag Post

And you forgot the part that I put in damned bold text… “Added a new Guild Officer (GO) position … and will become GM if old is deposed due to inactivity.” This means that you have to be a GO to become a GM if the old GM is disposed. How do you suggest that you will become a GO of all the guilds?

Flag Post

I think at some point kingk mentioned if there is no GO, it gets passed to the highest level player who’s active (assuming active enough to not be deposed of the GM spot immediately). It was ages and ages ago though so don’t expect me to find a quote of that. Only mostly sure, so not even guaranteeing it.

Flag Post

C’mon folks, why argue instead of doing a simple experiment? I took a crappy alt that I occasionally used as a temporary GM for our wing guild, leveled it a bit, collected 10m coins and created a temporary guild. The experiment is illustrated below:
Step 1: Choose a suitable guild (not full, open admission, inactive)

Step 2: Merge into that guild

Step 3: Depose GM

Takeover done. Kick members, go to step 1.

P. S. Just in case anybody is wondering: when a GM is deposed, GOs have priority when choosing new GM even if they are inactive, but since they are inactive, they can also be deposed immediately after becoming GM. Not shown here because there are no GOs in this guild.

Flag Post

Dmitry83

Thank you for that valuable example! :)

Flag Post

My posts are few and far between, but this one deserves a followup.

It seems that there are quite enough players of sufficiently high level and bored enough to try this. I looked through the top 500 guilds just a couple days ago, and discovered that many of the guilds mentioned in this thread have disappeared. I only found a handful of old guilds which I took over, and eventually merged into my active guild.

I wonder if anyone has tried this for profit? My guild gained a new member who unexpectedly returned from inactivity, though I have no idea if he will stay – he must be pretty confused waking up in a different guild than the one he fell asleep in. We also gained about 5T coins in our vault, though it hardly matters when we were already Void +10.

At this moment I’m aware of a couple guilds that are eligible to be taken over like this. I wonder if anyone is curious enough to hunt them down?

Flag Post

Just a warning though. Using alts to do such a thing will count as breaking the rules. Just so you know.

Flag Post

Which rules does it break though? My guild gained coins in its vault, but they have no effect. I was also not seeking to recruit new members by doing this. None of the guilds I targeted contained active members, indeed I would not have been able to take them over if they had been active. It was just chance that one of them logged in before being kicked, and whether he wants to stay in his new guild is ultimately up to him. So far I have only seen him check in once and not do anything.

Flag Post

This is from the Rule clarification on multiple accounts and character names thread

One more clarification on game rule #9 based on recent events. If you are controlling an alternate account (which might not be permitted by Kongregate’s rules), you play them must independently as stated above. If your alternate joins a guild, the characters loyalty must lie 100% with that guild and should not be affected by any outside factors.

This also includes sending alternate accounts to another guild for the purpose of spying or looting other guild. Basically, if you can’t perform the same action to negatively affect other guilds OR positively benefit your own guild if you only controlled one account, then that action not allowed by this rule. If you are unable to play your alternate accounts independently, then do not use alternate accounts.

Flag Post

Then I don’t see how that applies. I could have taken over the guilds I did with my main just as easily as with the alt – in fact it would have been easier, since my main is higher level. It just would not have been as convenient to do during an event. In any case, neither my main or the alt gained anything from doing this, it was simply amusing.

Flag Post

Still you used an alt to do it. I’m merely telling you what Kingk have told already. Using alts for such a thing applies under rule 9. Do not use multiple accounts to gain any advantages. However, whether or not Kingk actually will take actions is another thing.