My Guild is Deleted. :( page 2

43 posts

Flag Post

I couldn’t care less about whether or not people do this. All I wanted to do was to inform people that doing so is against the rules and that they should take that into consideration before doing it.

EDIT For those that wonder, no I did not double post… Desmonde just decided to delete his post and that’s why I have 2 posts in a row.

Flag Post

that was probably me stealing money from inactive guilds sorry =)

Flag Post

my old guild crakkin where my friends where still playing waiting for my return disapper one day and nobody know where it is now

Flag Post
Originally posted by omark96:

I couldn’t care less about whether or not people do this. All I wanted to do was to inform people that doing so is against the rules and that they should take that into consideration before doing it.

Except… it is not.

You said yourself that using alts to gain advantages was forbidden. I did not gain anything from doing this, therefore it is fine. Yes, I used an alt, but it had nothing to do with my main, it was simply convenient.

Flag Post

You merged guilds with your alt into your main’s guild and gained not only a potentially active member, but more fame to boost your guild in the rankings from any inactives that may still be filling slots. Merging into random other guilds till you simply disband however is not gaining an advantage. So that’d be the recommended method for this ‘gamestyle’ so to speak.

Flag Post

I would also like to point out that Kingk posted in the announcement thread about a new “premium vault”. So if these new vault slots are to be paid by donated coins well didn’t you gain a huge advantage with your alt?

Flag Post
Originally posted by omark96:

I would also like to point out that Kingk posted in the announcement thread about a new “premium vault”. So if these new vault slots are to be paid by donated coins well didn’t you gain a huge advantage with your alt?

Have you ever seen anything “premium” in this game that could be paid with coins? “Premium” = “paid with gems”.

Flag Post

And that’s why I said if. However there could just as well be other features in the new expansion which requires you to donate coins to the vault.

Flag Post

so, if I downed 11 guilds (ZSB, R1C, LTS, ANO, RLT, TFS, ICD, PIN, SIL, gry and another one that I can’t remember) and plan to down 6 next week, may I risk something? I just do it for the lulz, no coins/vault advantages, just a little clean in DW.

On a side note: I’ve seen lots of guilds with a single player active and 29 inactives, they should merge and create an active guild, lel.

Also: Kingk, please turn back on your decisions and give us back the full guild list and not just top 500, I’m running out of targets ;D

Flag Post

Gotta agree with Naka i’d like to see more guilds to prey… er i mean view… yea lets go with that one.

Flag Post

Someone took out my guild just this afternoon – merged & booted me. I am careful about it as well, making sure I don’t go more than 7 days without logging in – always checking in on Sundays. I must have missed the window by hours – I definitely missed the takeover by only 7 hours.

It’s nice for you guys that are taking over guilds to boost yourselves in this manner, but strikes me that it’s a bit unfair for those of us that can’t play every day. I would label this as a game bug, and call exploitation.

Yes, I’m annoyed, but I suppose I get what I deserve for turning my attention elsewhere, eh?

J

Flag Post

ummm…you do know it requires 2 weeks to be dropped….and if you are only logging in once a week…you really dont need a guild

Flag Post
Originally posted by jfmajo:

Someone took out my guild just this afternoon – merged & booted me. I am careful about it as well, making sure I don’t go more than 7 days without logging in – always checking in on Sundays. I must have missed the window by hours – I definitely missed the takeover by only 7 hours.

It’s nice for you guys that are taking over guilds to boost yourselves in this manner, but strikes me that it’s a bit unfair for those of us that can’t play every day. I would label this as a game bug, and call exploitation.

Yes, I’m annoyed, but I suppose I get what I deserve for turning my attention elsewhere, eh?

J

its really stupid to waste coin creating guilds, spam chatrooms for players to join and not play yourself. There are entirely too many guilds where the only active player is a GM or GO spamming that go from chatroom to chatroom looking for players, bothering players already in a guild to join a non-void+10 guild with little to no bonuses. Just give it up and join a real guild and get off the dam power trip “but its mine”. IMHO, Kingk should set a level limit on guild creation to atleast 85+ to keep the stupidity at a minimum. He cant disband, useless, inactive guilds, so someone has to do it, thanks Naka for your efforts.

Flag Post

+2

Flag Post

Yep, let’s discourage new players from having their own guilds, particularly those who aren’t obsessed with the game and are just casual players. Great idea.

And you guys wonder why the game can’t retain new players….

Flag Post

Well the mechanics for building a guild isnt very friendly to new people. Power, coin, level, give a massive advantage. The system i see work most to encourage lower lvls to build guilds is that guild building was separate from anything else in the game with similar difficulty (gotta give some advantages to the strong). So the top guilds whose members looking for power get surpassed by a new guild looking only to build the guild but here are invisible on the leaderboard for the time being.

So a sign that shows a new guild’s activity would be helpful. It’s hard to see when an upstart guild takes a day together to do what a strong person can do in minutes keeping valid low level guild away from any part of the leaderboard. This makes it impossible for a serious low lvl guild to be found. Starting a doomed guild is not very motivating or can be basically built again quickly.

I dont think having you or your 3 most trusted people showing up once a week is asking for the moon

Flag Post
Originally posted by Inspired1:

Yep, let’s discourage new players from having their own guilds, particularly those who aren’t obsessed with the game and are just casual players. Great idea.

And you guys wonder why the game can’t retain new players….

I have seen this scenario in game after game, the real discouragement happens when those same noobs fail at building a guild (no one joins their guild, they get crappy bonuses, they dont know what to do or just can do anything due to lack of level, etc.), not only does it demolish their ego, many still refuse to see the logic and wisdom of joining an established guild and learning the ins&outs and other intricacies of what it takes to play dreamworld let alone jump feet first into managing one. The real sad thing is that when a new player does join a long standing guild, they GM/GO’s do not make more of an effort to educate them. If they dont actively challenge noobs to accomplish something, what reason would they have to stay?

In essence noobs start a guild knowing only 1 thing to do, and that is get members to join, and they continue to remain totally clueless about how the post-game works and what guilds have to do with it all. If this mean discouraging them, I’m all for it. I dont like sink-or-swim learning curves, but I’m sure its good for busine$$. Also, I wouldnt just lump casual players into this lightly, most are smart enough not to climb onto a sinking ship.

and +1 to weezy

Flag Post

I stopped merging guilds a week ago (RIP PC) so, not my fault. And, I don’t think it’s a fault in any case: I gave you the input to join a better guild. More exp, more powerful equips, chances to play, fun, etc.

Starting a new guild nowadays is useless, you won’t get new active people playing like back in 2011.

I’m no one to say you can’t have your own guild, but should be better for everyone.
In DW it’s better to be a normal player in a nice guild than a GO/GM in a crappy 2- players guild. Also: people spamming every 2 minutes their fresh new guild are really annoying.