Hardcore badges

24 posts

Flag Post

What would you make as a hardcore badge? Like 1B damage badge for Atlantis is a guess of mine, so what are your thoughts?

Flag Post

I think they would be something like get 3b+ on Fallen for the players under level 95, as it is exclusive you could say, and maybe 20b on Invasion?If those are the cases, better be 3E per badge or even more as that would just be awesome. And before you people start trolling me about how level 95 can’t get this badge, listen before you talk non sense. For players under level 95, it’ll be get 3b or 4b+ on Fallen and then for players above level 95, it could be they could get the badge depending on their Highest Fallen Damage. Example: I have a 2.8b Fallen and say I am level 96, the badge would be like get 2b on Fallen for me and then I can claim it. Now, for claiming, it could be as there is a claim button for badges that come out and you already have the requirements for that badge. That way, you can claim the badge and random E from no where accidently refills like 2E for you. now to move on to the final aspect of my last sentence, the claim button for badges. I did get a little off-topic but oh well. :/ Anyways, for the claiming E aspect, if Kingk wants too, he can put a time limit like in 1 day or 12 hours or something that the E has to be claimed or else. Seem fair and square for anyone? Just thoughts so the don’t prolong the badge to level 98 when you get Positron Ring and then magically get some 250E+ back. No no no, not that. Cause too much coin sink. That is the end of my post, see you next time when I post something on forums. :) Which shouldn’t be too long.
Sincerely, umm, me.( No point of that.)

P.S. I am level 91 and I must say that Jawba is rather impressive when it comes defense and damage he does to me with Huntress. Don’t make an argument about this P.S. post, only about the above one please to make this thread go off-topic like some threads I have read recently. >.> Thanks.

Flag Post

Whoa…A little more formatting next time please. :)

No fallen badge should be added. I know there must be a few out there that barely touched fallen and made it to 95 with just Faction Wars. Only getting the 100m badge. They would be seriously pissed off (and I would be too) if there was suddenly a badge they had no way of getting.

Invasion is boring. There is already 2 invasion badges, so no more invasion badges either. By the way, 20b is not hard to do. If we are talking about hardcore, that’d be 100b. Badges should be a fun challenge. Not utter boredom of seeing the same damn ship and spamming it through.

The Atlantis badge, that’s a given. We all know that’s coming, and I feel as though they forgot to include it last time. I know this thread is about what we want to see, but I would like to say that I don’t want to see: New mob kills badge, new PvP kills badge, and absolutely no Isendel bosses badge (say 200 Neocorn badge for instance).

Remember all the whining when the portals and gates badges were introduced? Going back to areas that have been completely out leveled is no fun. I want the badges to focus on new content. I don’t want badges like 500k mob kills, because there are already a many players that would have earned it. They’d get it without doing anything. Sorry for the long post, I just want that the badges don’t focus on the really old content.

Flag Post

Then why not remove the cap on Fallen for the badge? :) That is the most obvious thing and I just remembered and no one even posted it. Lol right there.

Flag Post

Should never have badges that restrain a level: Such as 3B on fallen, as higher lvls cant reach it. Totally unfair. Unless lvl 95+, you get auto rewarded the badge. If aaditya mentioned this, I thought is was TL;DR.

Flag Post

So we can have fallen start dying again in 30 minutes? It would also mean that getting first on fallen would be impossible again for anyone but the top players.

Flag Post

Hardcore-Badge-purpose: 1000 boss-kills badges/ 10000 MA-points/ Atlantis 1B or prolly 2B / a 50k,75k or even 100k-badge for Puzzles (puzzlemaster), (not got to do with chests because chest-count is wrong). Further prolly some guild-badge for reaching 10k fame and one If a guild has reached 300 of a mine-boss in offensive-fame.
Other possible Guild-Badges: win 10 fallens/10 atlantis from guild.

A possible way to count guild-badges: bonus-E for members, some Exp-bonus or some vault-bonusspace. Way to use might be chosen by GM.

Glad to see some good purposes about how a Guild-Badge could look like

Flag Post

Well ma… The puzzle high scores are even more wrong… You see, for every skill book and doll you ever get from a puzzle then you’re most likely to get 2 or 3 puzzles solved on the high scores.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingasofnow:

Whoa…A little more formatting next time please. :)

No fallen badge should be added. I know there must be a few out there that barely touched fallen and made it to 95 with just Faction Wars. Only getting the 100m badge. They would be seriously pissed off (and I would be too) if there was suddenly a badge they had no way of getting.

Invasion is boring. There is already 2 invasion badges, so no more invasion badges either. By the way, 20b is not hard to do. If we are talking about hardcore, that’d be 100b. Badges should be a fun challenge. Not utter boredom of seeing the same damn ship and spamming it through.

The Atlantis badge, that’s a given. We all know that’s coming, and I feel as though they forgot to include it last time. I know this thread is about what we want to see, but I would like to say that I don’t want to see: New mob kills badge, new PvP kills badge, and absolutely no Isendel bosses badge (say 200 Neocorn badge for instance).

Remember all the whining when the portals and gates badges were introduced? Going back to areas that have been completely out leveled is no fun. I want the badges to focus on new content. I don’t want badges like 500k mob kills, because there are already a many players that would have earned it. They’d get it without doing anything. Sorry for the long post, I just want that the badges don’t focus on the really old content.

Well first an atlantis adge is surely going to be there…and 2nd..i have over 500 ponies/cl’s/trees and over 800 queens…so i bet it wont be hard to get a 200 one…
And please…no more MA badge …10000 is way to much lol…and if atl is harder than hg..then make a 100m atl and a 1b atl dmg..like hg is!

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

And he’s back… Oh well to stay a little on topic, really what’s the reason to have hardcore badges if they aren’t hardcore? There are people out there that has 1k of each boss so that shouldn’t be unrealistic to implement. There are people out there at 8k MA points, though they are few. So maybe 5k MA points would be a more appropriate goal. Oh well so what I wanted to say is that If they’re going to make hardcore badges then make them HARDCORE. :P

Flag Post

Dream World should move forward and not back so any overleveled areas, that would just be a pain. Why are we focusing on simple upgrades to old badges and not new ideas like an atlantis badge or a MW damage badge (I’d say 1B there too (^_^)). Maybe even a mist cap badge. I understand wanting a badge for free because you over achieved, but moving backwards isnt the direction for DW to go imo.

And alb how’s the job?

Flag Post

Yes that’s what I meant. No Isendel bosses badge…Less focus on old content. Also, why add a badge to things people have already accomplished right? Then they get the badge right away and it doesn’t really feel like an achievement.

Flag Post
Originally posted by desmonde:

In the past when badges have been brought in, previous tallies didnt go towards the badge.

i.e 100 demon gates ( which was reduced to 25). Most folk would of done 25 already but needed to re-do that amount!

The game was not keeping track of number of gates opened, bosses defeated, max invasion damage and other player statistics at that time, so even if the developers wanted to give badges to those who have already reached the badge goal in the past, they had no data to do it. Now these statistics are available.

Flag Post

The only way old content could be used for badged is if guild badges are introduced.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Avalokitesvara:

The only way old content could be used for badged is if guild badges are introduced.

yea but then do i join a top guild and get new badge then can leave right away to my current guild.

Flag Post

Getting to level 100 would be truly hardcore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by weezyfosheezy:
Originally posted by Avalokitesvara:

yea but then do i join a top guild and get new badge then can leave right away to my current guild.

No, you don’t get anything. The guild does. You have the bonus as long as you stay in that guild.
That’s what I mean at least.

Flag Post

some badge for hardcore mobkills not E-Related like a 3-5% attackbonus or so for 1’000’000 mobkills then a next bonus each 500k after. Might also get yet a little bonus for 500k mobkills