Invincible Mystic Foiled page 2

60 posts

Flag Post

That sure was a lot of text, but I made it through :)) All of it are good changes, except for the battle screen. I don’t know, I just don’t like the look of that change. :P All pretty minor changes, but it’s the details that makes the difference. And as for the Hell-button, it should be reasonably easy to squeeze in between Tree and Queen. Or something like that. It shouldn’t be all too hard and also, if he doesn’t want to use your layout I at least hope he’ll remove those borders from Isendel. They’ve been bugging me since I reached Isendel. I’m referring to the things dividing the four “areas” on the Isendel.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DeathStryke:
Originally posted by RaptorKris:

Just ban WP. :P

Prolly the best option. 90% of the hackers are from there. :/

Why ban the whole of the Guild? What about the non-hackers? What have they done to deserve being banned?

Flag Post

^its a joke

Flag Post

I like the changes. The item dropping halfway down the screen annoys me a lot..happens to me on Monster Arena. Also like the bank idea…Everything in there is just mixed up.

Flag Post

Customizable hotkeys for classes and allies would make the game less boring, indeed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaptorKris:

Just ban WP. :P

are WP to be the new villians? The Fly of old perhaps?

Flag Post

The likelyhood of a company hiring a serial cheater, who was banned, and who’s final act before this was to try and exploit a bug to the detriment of the entire user base, on a large 4 day long easter special event.

I’m sure the devs cant wait to hand you the whole source code to have a play around with…..
maybe they will just email you the web site admin details and let you improve everything while they go take a well deserved nap…..

What could possibly go wrong?

Flag Post

And that proves that you didn’t read a shit that he posted… . He’s the one who wanted to hand over code that he has written that will fix bugs in the game.

Flag Post

The likelyhood of a company ACCEPTING NEW CODE FROM a serial cheater, who was banned, and who’s final act before this was to try and exploit a bug to the detriment of the entire user base, on a large 4 day long easter special event.

I’m sure the devs cant wait to hand you the whole source code to have a play around with…..
maybe they will just email you the web site admin details and let you improve everything while they go take a well deserved nap…..

What could possibly go wrong?

ok a made a change, happier ?

Flag Post

Nope, you need to change the whole thing. Since he actually doesn’t have to get access to anything on their servers. All he would have to do is send the code he has written, tell them where it’s supposed to go (just so there ain’t any misunderstandings) and they can look the code through and then decide whether to implement it. The code he has written doesn’t demand you to have access to their servers or their server side code. Since everything (except for one of them) was fixable on the client side. However, I won’t argue about the likelihood of Playmage accepting any of the code, but I believe it would be foolish of them to not.

Flag Post

you are partly right (the bits where you say there is little risk from the new code, and the bit where you agree with me :)) but please read my post again, this time with your tongue in your cheek, you will see I was simply exaggerating for comic effect.

thanks for listening….

Flag Post

Btw, just for clarification. The reason I believe the chances that Playmage will accept the code are pretty slim actually has nothing to do with the fact that he has used scripts. It’s ‘cause how they work… They’d rather keep the community out of the development as much as possible and I can understand that too. If they were to let the community decide how the game will develop then they would soon have a game that isn’t anything near what they want it to be. However, what Feysal have proposed are nothing that would change the actual game other than to fix some bugs. All the content would be the same.

Flag Post

Dream World is a very good game. But, there are the bugs that just piss me off. Playmage should accept him, although, the likelihood of that is quite low. Too bad that code can’t be used and fix the bugs….They’ve been quite annoying for me.

Flag Post

It’s not like SH haven’t hired renowned hackers in the past times…

Flag Post

If someone got laid because of all this hard work….it was worth it. Otherwise…..

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlbertoV05:

If someone got laid because of all this hard work….it was worth it. Otherwise…..

Well, he did say he got enough experience of these kind off things to get his last job. So… I would say it was worth it.

Flag Post

There are some pretty nice changes in there. The scroll bar is immensely annoying. Did you manage to fix the HP thing too? Where if you attack before your heal fully heals you the whole thing bugs out and it looks like you’re full/dead regardless of what your hp is?

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlbertoV05:

That’s why i work hard playing DW

Flag Post
<html>

bgcolor=“#7FFF00”

Originally posted by Feysal:
Originally posted by mrwiggs8:

Anyone outside the guild benefiting is losing out on a chance of a no defender mystic which is pretty bad.

My only response to this is that if you believe everything that does not benefit you is harming you, your vision is extremely narrow. Would you prefer that I had never built the defenseless Mystic at all, so that no one would have had the chance to hit it? Even if I had succeeded, I cannot see what possible harm it could have done to anyone. King of course knows why I did this since I explained it to him. My goal was to get attention for my offer and to highlight how even supposedly fixed bugs still remain in the game.

Originally posted by omark96:

I’m gonna ignore the fact that you scripted, doesn’t matter much in this case. However, I’m quite interested in getting to know what you believe is so bad about the game architecture? And if you actually can give those things to Playmage all for free then I’m not against it. I even think it would be foolish of Playmage not to accept that offer. They’ve said it themselves that they can’t put down enough resources on this game simply ‘cause it’s not profitable enough.

To make it very short and simple, the way this game is built, it consumes way too much bandwidth and memory for no reason.

To mention some details, this game uses HTTP for everything. Every time the player does anything, a request is sent to the server over HTTP, just like when visiting any web page. The response sent by the server is a piece of HTML markup, which is then placed into the correct place on the screen. There are also some invisible tags in the response for updates to energy and such, but at the basic level all updates are done this way. The problem in this is that the server sends preformatted HTML, much of which is static and never changes, and when it does, no checks are made whether it has changed and an update is necessary. In short, there is a massive overhead of unnecessary HTML markup in the responses from the server. To make a cautious estimate, the amount of bandwidth Playmage is using and paying for could be cut at least by half.

To give an example, take the class selection screen. Every time it is opened, the server sends all of the HTML shown, even when nothing has changed. And when the class is changed, instead of deactivating the old class and activating the new one, the server again sends a complete copy of everything. Nearly 100% of the server response in this case is unnecessary overhead, a single byte to indicate the class change was successful would be enough. This is not an isolated incident either. Removing a single item from bank results in reloading the entire bank screen, and the response contains a copy of the inventory table as well. When changing the equipped weapon, the response contains new copies of the inventory and equipment tables – two copies if done from the inventory screen – as well as a new skill table and other smaller updates. Nearly all of that is information the game already has.

What makes matters worse is that the way the game layouts are built is extremely outdated. Every screen is made of tables nested within tables, which is absolutely terrible. There is just no other way to put it, there is no excuse to still build layouts like that during this millenium. The proper way would be to use styles, which would significantly reduce the amount of markup needed and thereby reduce the overhead.

The single worst mistake though is the fact that since the requests are the same as loading any normal web page, they also get cached as such. When the game is played, the browser cache quickly fills up with countless copies of battle action responses as well as every screen and view you could think of. While I was still playing actively, this would cause any browser I tried the game on to slow down and eventually crash. This is even more unintelligible since there exists a HTTP header named Cache-Control which would be perfect for preventing this. If Playmage used it that is.

I would prefer not to be rude about it, but I cannot avoid the conclusion that some of the people who made this game were incompetent. There is no other explanation for why they would have built the game in a way that continuously wastes their money on unnecessary bandwidth.

Best leave that to you.

</html>

Flag Post

I dont wont to be a pedant, but………
Your entire quote of your own lengthy article explaining how to code web sites is itself contained within FAILED HTML code, visible to all……….

Flag Post

Ehh, what are you talking about?… Gangstilla quoted a post from feysal. So who is it that quoted their own post with faulty HTML code? But yes, gangstilla’s post is failed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by desmonde:

Is the reason this game is badly designed, written, due to it been made back in 2003/4 and then brought to kong in 2010. PLaymage/kingk never made this game, go look at gemworld 1 and timeworld. That’s what they are capable of making, which is no where near as polished as dw, and dw aint polished:)

That last sentence makes me wonder what you mean… Are you trying to say that DW is so badly designed ‘cause it was made by William Ren himself or that the games produced by Playmage are all crappy and worse than DW? Btw, it was William Ren who made this game, for those interested, he’s the CEO, and also founder, of Playmage. And I believe the game had worse graphics back then and also, there’s nothing else than the basics that can be traced back to pre-Playmage.

Flag Post

AFAIK, the original was text-only.

Flag Post

Is the reason this game is badly designed, written, due to it been made back in 2003/4 and then brought to kong in 2010. PLaymage/kingk never made this game, go look at gemworld 1 and timeworld. That’s what they are capable of making, which is no where near as polished as dw, and dw aint polished:)

That last sentence makes me wonder what you mean… Are you trying to say that DW is so badly designed ‘cause it was made by William Ren himself or that the games produced by Playmage are all crappy and worse than DW? Btw, it was William Ren who made this game, for those interested, he’s the CEO, and also founder, of Playmage. And I believe the game had worse graphics back then and also, there’s nothing else than the basics that can be traced back to pre-Playmage.

And exactly why Kingk/PM cant fix DW as it is. He is a hack and a cheat, avoiding making things right is all part of the plan. Paymage only designs cash cows, crap games (like TW too) that piss you off so much, that only by making “a purchase” can you fix whatever you got pissed off over. Ignoring co$tly mi$take$ is pretty low, but for them its all about the $$$ anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Davo1219:

And exactly why Kingk/PM cant fix DW as it is. He is a hack and a cheat, avoiding making things right is all part of the plan. Paymage only designs cash cows, crap games (like TW too) that piss you off so much, that only by making “a purchase” can you fix whatever you got pissed off over. Ignoring co$tly mi$take$ is pretty low, but for them its all about the $$$ anyway.

I might be on a break, but since you quoted me I feel like I should reply to you. This game is the fawking most free-friendly game I’ve ever played. Don’t trust me? Get up to level 90 and above and you’ll see. This game is nowhere near being a cash cow. So before you start to bitch about TW being a crappy game, take your time and actually play the game. Oh wait… You are above 90, hmm… and you still whine? You’re even playing on S2 with that account… You my “dear” friend should really stop complaining. In my world then if you can kill more than 10k mobs in a week without having to buy a single gem then does this game qualify as extremely free-friendly. Oh well, have fun with your weird view of DW and I hope Alberto comes by and sees your post :)