Average Damage Output: Hold S vs. Hit Maximum Bar

24 posts

Flag Post

I do some math about the average damage of holding S and hitting S when the bar reaches the maximum length. The target mob is alien mothership and the skill is call bunnies, where the weaken effect is taken out.

。Hold S
 - 522054 damage per 0.37s
 - so 1410956 damage and 162 skill points used per second

。Hit Maximum Bar
 - 612856 damage per 0.6s
 - so 1021426 damage and 100 skill points used per second

It turns out that you can do about 38% more damage per second if you hold S though it cost about 62% more of your skill points. Hope this helps and please give any response. This DW forum almost dies :/

Flag Post

max hit every time for max carnage

Flag Post
Originally posted by lf2ian:

This DW forum almost dies :/

Well the game IS dying, don’t be shocked if the forum follows the same trend.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Avalokitesvara:

This DW forum almost dies :/

Well the game IS dying, don’t be shocked if the forum follows the same trend.

The forum is dead because it was overrun by trolls. When every other post is someone begging for attention or whining about the same stuff for the four thousandth time, there’s little reason to spend much time here.

At least this thread topic is useful and related to the game.

Flag Post

So unless you’re in a hurry or your hand hurts…it’s better to go for max power every time.
In addition, I find it more difficult to calculate when to heal if I’m just holding S, and sometimes just die.

Flag Post

@Hellflame1 Thank you :)

@CantTouchThisKid It really depends. If you do AI or FW with high enough level, you will rarely be killed by normal attacks – before you are one shot. Misting makes me feel tired easily, so that’s the reason I study and issue this topic.

Flag Post

@Hellflame1 Thank you :)

@CantTouchThisKid It really depends. If you do AI or FW with high enough level, you will rarely be killed by normal attacks – before you are one shot. Misting makes me feel tired easily, so that’s the reason I study and issue this topic.

Btw holding S does around 80% damage of your max possible. Though personally I use that technique for AI.

Flag Post

I get the same results as DS about a 20% difference. I figure if you have the time to hit max bar each run, than you probably have the time and fortitude to ally and class switch as well which i find to normally be on average of a +50% damage increase than the hold S technique. Keeping the numbers simple…
hold S – 100000
max S – 120000
switch – 150000
Of course you cant really plan on the 50% every time as ally weaken x3 can be random but on average with ally weaken and finishing with a maxed Lolith its 50%.

Flag Post

I should mention it’s the average damage output comparison in the same time, so you probably spend 50% more time on switching.

Flag Post

Right, i could tell what you meant when you said that holding S basically does more damage at 1.41m compared to the 1.02m. Its also why i said, “if you have the time to hit max bar each run”.

Holding S is the fastest way to get damage done but if you sacrifice real life time than you will do more damage overall.

Flag Post

You are right, so that’s why I said where the weaken effect is taken out :)

Flag Post

Btw, best is to get invasion in as less energy as possible then spend the rest on mainland :P

Flag Post

Just wondering if you could tweak your Windows settings so that you could still hold S and get max damage? I’m sure I saw a setting somewhere for keyboard delay…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galaga1971:

Just wondering if you could tweak your Windows settings so that you could still hold S and get max damage? I’m sure I saw a setting somewhere for keyboard delay…

That’s a really great idea, gonna look after it soon!

Flag Post

run → control panel → keyboard, and no it’s not worth it. max spell bar charge takes something around 600 ms on my system, which is a much larger delay than default windows keyboard drivers allows with auto-repeat. fyi the power bar starts at 40% full anyway, so even if you’re spamming S you’re throwing decent hits. overall you’ll do more damage faster for a higher SP cost spamming than carefully letting spells fully charge each time. being conservative about SP isn’t worth any special effort unless you screwed up and are out of dusts in an important fight

Flag Post
Originally posted by ForrestDump:

run → control panel → keyboard, and no it’s not worth it. max spell bar charge takes something around 600 ms on my system, which is a much larger delay than default windows keyboard drivers allows with auto-repeat. fyi the power bar starts at 40% full anyway, so even if you’re spamming S you’re throwing decent hits. overall you’ll do more damage faster for a higher SP cost spamming than carefully letting spells fully charge each time. being conservative about SP isn’t worth any special effort unless you screwed up and are out of dusts in an important fight

I think the point of letting it fill up is if you don’t want to mist cap while attacking something. The more damage you do per hit, the more you do per energy, the less mists it takes to, let’s say, reach 16bil invasion damage. That means less energy to spend elsewhere, and more wasted coins.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mrwiggs8:
Originally posted by ForrestDump:

I think the point of letting it fill up is if you don’t want to mist cap while attacking something. The more damage you do per hit, the more you do per energy, the less mists it takes to, let’s say, reach 16bil invasion damage. That means less energy to spend elsewhere, and more wasted coins.

Like if we had not enough coins already…

Flag Post

That’s what black market and hell are for. Both are great ways to get rid of excess coins.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mrwiggs8:

That’s what black market and hell are for. Both are great ways to get rid of excess coins.

Hell is useless. It is way cheaper to get gear on black market.

Flag Post

dude… do you even mist cap? if you don’t, just spam and get more pills…
if you really want to know, in FW, straight huntress is 107% the efficiency of switching, in atl, 98%; based on time spent.
spamming just suck ass in efficiency, but allow you to burn mists faster – or if you are in a crowded guild with lots of big hitters, it may allow you to sneak a 2nd run in FWs before they die.

Flag Post

The stupid thing that makes the game more boring and grindy than it has to be, is the switching of weapons and classes for every tiny thing. You can just switch a weapon and use 90% of the class skills of that weapon, just not the 60SP skills, for those you have to navigate to an unnecessary screen just to change classes. Why cant there be hotkeys for that action? Why cant there be quick change buttons on the lower left side of the play window? It is a superbly stupid and a complete waste of time.

The other side is that it is a purposeful mechanic designed to do just that. Waste time, mouse clicks and the slow ass response time from the server to complete the actions. 1 button click is needed to raise the efficiency. It took 2 years to get a max explore button, it will prolly take 2 years to get quick change class swap button.

Flag Post

I’m always a loyal fan of being lazy and holding S. ;D

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

Even for a Mod, that’s not the right attitude for being lazy. Hehe. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by VforVendetta:

I’m so lazy I had someone else write this message for me.