Official Suggestions Thread page 4

7474 posts

Flag Post

somethign went wrong with my previous message. Sorry XD

Flag Post

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions.

Re: Energy System – Sorry, we cannot remove this at any time, however, we already increased the regen rate by 50% because we understand the demographics on Kongregate are more hardcore players than Facebook’s. If you happen to have more free time to burn, there are plenty of other great games on Kongregate you can play while waiting to regen, or take a break from the computer.

Re: Gems/Kreds – The game can be played for free as 99% of the players are currently doing. We are not begging for money and no one is forcing anyone to buy the $200 package.

Re: Gameplay/Repetitive – We are working on additional features to keep the gameplay interesting, including a guild system.

Re: Stability – The dedicated Kongreate server is just started few days ago, and will get smoother once we iron out all the issues. Sorry for all the inconveniences.

All other suggestions are being evaluated. Thanks again!

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingk:

Re: Energy System – Sorry, we cannot remove this at any time, however, we already increased the regen rate by 50% because we understand the demographics on Kongregate are more hardcore players than Facebook’s. If you happen to have more free time to burn, there are plenty of other great games on Kongregate you can play while waiting to regen, or take a break from the computer.

What, precisely, am I suppose to do with a SINGLE ENERGY POINT, really? Cutting the time by 50% is asinine. Better would have been to keep the time, but double the points per update. At least with two points I can arena.

This game is simply not going to make it. There is a difference between Kong and Facebook, get it? If you decide to make us “leave and come back”, most players are simply not going to come back.

Flag Post

Speaking of which, if you compare other types of facebook games like this, you will notice the similarity, but saying that, if all of them are the same, you tell me WTF you gonna do? So, most games try to be slightly different from another, giving you an example, Mafia Wars grants ability to travel, Castle Age, Monster battles FTW?

So saying this, this game has already good ideas, I’m surprised that I’m actually looking back into the game every few minutes, whereas mafia wars only a few times a day. Dropping the energy gain rate by 50% is already huge, try playing mafia wars for a day, see if you are still whining about this by then. This game needs improvement, yes, don’t every game? Give this game a chance, THIS ISN’T FACEBOOK, you can spend time there fooling around with a gazillion of your friends or on applications( like pet society or for no lifes, Farmville), but here, the guy have already given you more chances for fun, although repetitive it may seem.

Btw, please change some of the pictures, they look immensely f***in ugly.

Edit I’m not a reporter, but this looks like i am. Seriously.

Flag Post

suggestions for more events:
area specific:
sewers – flood, lose something
beach – sandstorm, lose based on dexterity
marsh – ghost, additional quest
bandit hideout – friendly bandit, help him/her get away from the bandits
forest – talking tree, enter a conversation, reply coretly and he might reward you (not like trivia)
sewers – crocdile, you can investigate, attack it or run away

much more like this possible!
take kol as an example MUCH better

Flag Post
Originally posted by cynicalflyer:

What, precisely, am I suppose to do with a SINGLE ENERGY POINT, really? Cutting the time by 50% is asinine. Better would have been to keep the time, but double the points per update. At least with two points I can arena.

This game is simply not going to make it. There is a difference between Kong and Facebook, get it? If you decide to make us “leave and come back”, most players are simply not going to come back.

wait the original time and you have yourself 2 energy points, so your argument is invalid _

Flag Post
Originally posted by NHLuffy:
Originally posted by cynicalflyer:

wait the original time and you have yourself 2 energy points, so your argument is invalid _

What are you babbling about? My point is if the point of the delay is to “make us work from it” or “wait for it” or something, that would be fine, just dole it out in lumps of 2, not 1.

Flag Post

You said you’d rather have the original time and 2 energy points per time instead of 1 every half time. If you just wait the original time you’d still have 2 energy for arena. and the point of delay is not to make you wait for it, it’s to keep it relatively fair for new players. They level up fast and their energy refills when they level up, enableling them to catch up to those higher level players.

Flag Post

would be nice if u could select if your pet uses suport or attack abilities

Flag Post

Not a very good argument, since the high lvl was a low lvl once too, and had the same adventages of quicker lvling up, so for that instance, you can’t really catch up with a high lvl, but to be online for more hours than he is (or be online at better times, 5 minutes every hour is better than 4 hours in a row, while the latter is 2 times the online time)

Flag Post

I’d suggest decreasing the 1 energy every 4 minutes to 3 minutes. A lot?not a lot?
If I need 10 energy to get that extra level, I’ll have saved ten minutes. It just makes it so you can quicklevel up to a bit higher if you are lucky, instead of having to wait.
I really do like the game so far though.

Here’s an idea for people too bloody poor to pay you for the gems : Referring is all well and good but people nowadays tire of “Oh, sign up here for me”.
So what if, as a very random encounter, you had a sort of “gem monster” who had some sort of weakness… if you defeat it, you get its’ level\5 in gems (Level 10-14 = 2, 15-19 = 3 and so on).

Alternatively, you could have an all or nothing monster who will trade ALL YOUR GOLD for gems. The rate would be variable – I can’t comment on what is a lot and what isn’t but maybe 100000 gold for 1 gem might be fair? If the player encounters the npc \ monster and cannot trade , he would take all the gold and either give you a “pity gem” for finding him (low encounter rate after all) or let you fight him for 5X your money back – this option of course triggers atough battle and will not be avalaible if you decided to pay him and you could afford it..

Flag Post

Kingk, the energy system is something I’ve never seen before in all the games I’ve played similar to Dreamworld.
This is a good thing.
The energy level is renewed every time your character level up. This means that going from Level 113 to 114 will still be something to cheer about. Again, with the very good thing.
Lastly, you said
“If you happen to have more free time to burn, there are plenty of other great games on Kongregate you can play while waiting to regen, or take a break from the computer.”
EXACTLY one of the reasons I like this game so much. I do not play WoW or Final Fantasy, two of the greatest series ever for the simple reason that I am happily married, and would really like to stay so. These game can be awful timesinks for us and if you wanna know the effect it has on our Others, go to google and type in WoW Widows, Or final Fantasy, Or everquest. And the energy system keeps me from gulping down quest after quest. Even the excellent games get boring when we play them enough.
(I would, however, give up a date with the Girl In Red for a MiniGame city, like Golden Saucer from Final Fantasy 7, where the unit of trade is Energy Points! :) that could be fun.
Just my two cents worth. And by the way, great game.

Flag Post

On the question Ceres, Juno, Iris, and Flora you made the answer “asteroids” however originally these were characters in Greek mythology, please update so this answer or one like it is acceptable.

Flag Post
Originally posted by saber7:

somethign went wrong with my previous message. Sorry XD

Fixed. It’s… strange why it happened, but I’ll try to explain. You posted:

So.. In this game you can view your pvp enemies chars sheets, knowing their skills etc. The main difference should be on gear, but gear is basically the same.

The two dots following “So” cause every paragraph after that to stack up on each other. Essentially, if you type this:

Hi..
My name is Bob.
I like pie.

The two dots following “Hi” make it appear like this:

Hi..
Hi..My name is Bob.
Hi..My name is Bob.I like pie.

Just fix it by adding a third dot. ;) That’s what I did.

Flag Post

As a further suggestion; it isn’t especially fair that you can only buy strength and constitution, because as others have mentioned that benefits the melee classes disproportionately.

Either the stats you can buy should rotate, or different towns have different stats, or something more equitable.

Flag Post

But you cannot get strength and constitution pills from chest and you can get intelligence, quickness and dexterity pills, which btw are free and based on luck, so overal I think it’s quite fair. Also all classes need strength and con for equip and more hp. Though I think intelligence should also be buyable, because all classes need them to unlock skills.
Another thing, there isn’t any equip that raises dexterity though there is for the other 4 stats(or have I just not seen them yet?)

Flag Post

changing the whole damage system would help out alot. Right now, it takes 2 r 3 hits to kill a monster and he hardly ever gets close to killing me. Maybe if we did 50 damage instead of 500, the battles would take longer, and make the energy last longer.

Flag Post

My geuss is that you’re still low level or you’ve got über stats, I need about 4/5 fire arrows to kill a single regular mob and they can kill me in 3-5normal hits.

Flag Post

thats a bad idea Armin007 because right now its way too hard for me to kill crap xD (lvl 24)

Flag Post

need to remove the ability to highlight text on buttons

Flag Post

Yes, you can get other stats from chests, but that requires you to:
A) Get a chest
B) Open it correctly
C) Get lucky and get a stat boots

Whereas you can just go to the store and buy strength and con for what is really a pretty reasonable price.

Why not just be able to get all stats both ways?

Flag Post

Okay, apologies if this is kinda whiny, but….. I, personally, do not find getting one-shotted fun. Maybe some minor tweaks to baddie damage at later levels and/or that whole ‘enraged’ system could get some work. It’s kinda sad to get something down to about half life and then die because it got enraged and, even though you had full health, you bite the dust.

Flag Post

I have to agree about the enraged system… It’s far worse when the enemy is already a purple monster too. I usually have over half my battles again enraged monsters, and do find it annoying. The only way I survive is because I use expensive skills, and have higher HP than average. As is it seems like the chance of you dying in a normal battle increases greatly as you level up. For the first 15 lvls I never used skills other than against bosses. Lvl 20+ I started seeing enraged almost every battle… Skill useage up. A faster reset on skill points might help.

Flag Post

Second tier dual classes

Flag Post
Originally posted by Strategic:

I have to agree about the enraged system… It’s far worse when the enemy is already a purple monster too. I usually have over half my battles again enraged monsters, and do find it annoying. The only way I survive is because I use expensive skills, and have higher HP than average. As is it seems like the chance of you dying in a normal battle increases greatly as you level up. For the first 15 lvls I never used skills other than against bosses. Lvl 20+ I started seeing enraged almost every battle… Skill useage up. A faster reset on skill points might help.

If you up your constitution a bit and buy a better weapon those enraged monsters don’t seem so bad anymore, and if you find your self in a tight spot just use your skills. Regen armor is also a life saver in this game.