What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
Updates & News 1/22:
- Server is now running smoothly since the patch on 1/18.
- Referrals to yourself or accounts using same IP will no longer count (sorry, blame the cheaters).
- Most of bugs reported has been fixed.
- Upgraded the “Aim” skill to also reduce block chance in PvP.
- Guild System (estimate: few days)
- High-level Expansion (estimate: few weeks)
- Trivia Questions: Questions will now include a hint that display the first letter of every words, this should help solving some cases there are more acceptable answers than the system recorded.
- We lowered the gem cost for guardians offers by a little as a experimental sale. The reduction could become permanent if usage increases.
- Guild System – you will be able to share inventory with guild members, have a discussion, build up your guild to earn hp/sp bonuses, and declare war on other guilds. (estimate: by end of the week).
- High-level Expansion (estimate: by end of February)
Guild System Part 2:
- Added Guild Diplomacy Tab
- Added vault log for Guild Masters (next to improvments tab)
- Enable Guild Masters to post the guild message to all player’s home tab.
- Enable Guild Masters to send messages to guild members and other Guild Masters’s home tab
- Enable guild members to send message to their Guild Master’s home tab
Update Feb 4, 2010
- Guild Wall added (replaces vault log)
- GM can selective delete entries from wall or clear it
- Each player can only take out 1 item from the Guild Vault per hour
- GM for each guild is now clearly labeled
- You can no longer attack your own guild members
- Well/Mushroom grants 1 more energy when rewarded
Update Feb 6, 2010:
- Added minimum coin reward for PvP in case opponent has 0 coins on hand
- Beggar energy reward also increased by 1
- Players restarting with less than 20 gems and no premiums will now be restored to 20
- Fixed guild diplomacy when related guild is disbanded
Updates Feb 8, 2010:
- Guild size has been increased to 30
- You can no longer visit the guild vault during combat
- Fix some rare case issues guild messages and description
- Eligible members of War/Hostile guilds will show up more often in Arena if they are online
- Miscellaneous minor fixes relating to the guild system
Updates Feb 12, 2010:
- Enchanted mage weapons’ skill damage bonus will also be applied in Arena battles.
- Scoped weapons will also automatically reduce opponent’s block chance by 10% (both in Arena and Elite mobs, stacks with Aim’s reduction)
- The “guard” skill will have its own separate die roll to determine block, instead of additively stacking on top of all other block effects.
- Melee damage dealt by all players in Arena will be boosted by ~10%
- Running from an arena battle forfeits the battle (no guild penalty, but cannot attack again)
- Guild vault will no longer be accessible while you are in the dungeons/combat-zones
- Guild leaders can now transfer guild to member (via profile screen)
- Enrage mobs will have name changed on screen once enraged
- Various minor bug fixes
Updates Feb 16, 2010:
- PvP coin reward is now always a fix amount based on level
- New guild level added
- The two dragon side-quests should be able to proceed at same time.
- Increased availability of inactive players in arena
- White Dragon’s middle skill is now a block skill
- Minor bug fixes/tweaks
Updates Feb 22, 2010:
- Increased Arena target list size to 16
- Selling items should also count as making space for dropped items
- Increased healer’s cost for con/str for higher levels
- Healer’s constitution augmentation capped to 120
- Minor fixes to quest text
Coming soon next week:
- The high level raid expansion (Demon Gates)
- Contains new raid areas accessed by using rare key drops
- Entire guild can participle raid when a guild member unlocks an instance
- New high level items that will only drop inside the instances
The constitution changes prevent increasing gap of new vs old players and make PvP shorter. The cap value is chosen based on 99.99% percentile of highest con players so PvP balance is not affected. (The 0.01% of players with slightly higher con than new cap will not be altered, and the only 3 player with ~200 con will be investigated for legitimacy)
The the new expansion is on target to release at end of this week. Here is a preview image that includes two of the bosses in the new area: [http://kong.playmage.com/raidboss1.jpg](http://kong.playmage.com/raidboss1.jpg)
Also, we received some questions about whether the kitten will transform into a sabertooth tiger. While it is very clever, this rumor is not true.
Updates March 17, 2010:
- Added experience rewards on Gate Reward screen based on damage dealt
- Increased experience reward for all level 40+ areas (the higher the greater increase)
- Demons will now provide more xp if your level is higher than them
- Added confirm dialog for clearing messages if they contain a gate claim link
- Added active player bonus that boosts ally happiness/xp after the daily chest
- Increased vault checkout timer to 4 hours window to mitigate vault looters
- Added “sell” option for guild masters to convert vault items into improvements
Updates March 25, 2010:
- Cap of Wisdom now adds 15% exp (increased from 10%)
- Arena list will color-code opponent’s guild initial based on diplomacy
- Added the final guild rank
- Added “depose” option next to Guild Masters that has been inactive for more than 2 weeks – any guild member can use this button to promote the active member with the highest level/experience to the Guild Master position.
- Lowered last guild level’s improvement goal
- Slightly increased experience reward for level 35+
- Limited maximum referral bonus count to 10 to prevent collaborated abuse
- Performance and security enhancements
- The next “major” update will happen around end of this month. There will be new items and features.
- All ally’s damage/healing power has increased by 20%
- Banker Guild 20% off sale (now 36 gems for limited time)
- Cap of Wisdom now offer 20% bonus fight experience
- You can now only buy constitution up to higher of 20 or 3 \* your level, but not exceeding the previous 120 limit
- To be consistent will how item reward is calculated, gates will no longer add additional damages dealt to the boss after the first person has defeated the boss.
Updates April 29, 2010
- Added Treasure Map encounter type, which drops items, coins, or enhance potions
- Added Enhance Potion which enhances weapon and armor with certain success rate
- Enhance potion and name changes can be bought as a guardian offering for level 10+
- Demons inside demon gates has a small chance to drop “orbs” for level 54+ players
- Open demon gates with “orbs” will summon much stronger demons and demon boss
- New item “greater demon” items will drop after defeating “orb” summoned demon boss
Updates May 09, 2010
- increased exp reward for levels 26-55 to reduce grind
- doubled amount of free coin reward in daily chests
- increased exp bonus for cap of wisdom and banker’s guild
- minor bug fixes
Updates May 21, 2010
- You can “power finish” your opponent by dropping their hp to below -25% to earn double experience
- Enraged mob should now reward 50% more experience
- Added completed % indicator for main quests and side quests
Next update will be near the end of this month. It will include new accessory items, new side-quests, and new allies.
Updates May 25, 2010
- 5 new side-quests has been added
- the new side-quests will reward accessory items on completion
- the new accessory slot will be displayed once an accessory is equipped
- most of the side-quests (new and existing) are now repeatable
- new guardian offering to reset combat skills for level 10+
- two powerful new premium allies (Angel Wings & Demon Wings) added
- Demon Wings will be rewarded to the orb gate owner on completion if they don’t own it (in addition to normal rewards)
Updates June 2, 2010
- Added “commas” formatting in various places.
- Removed gems/coins count from inventory/bank screens and added gem count to status bar for easier tracking.
Update June 3, 2010
- Added “commas” to explore, battle result, and shops.