Any updates coming?

81 posts

Flag Post

Starting to be a while since last update. It’s easy to see your focus is on TW, but we’re still a good playerbase here that could get bigger with more frequent updates.

Flag Post

The only update I see coming is tweaks of already existing things. This update will most likely be around christmas. And the only thing that Kingk really needs to add to make me happy is a new lvl 96+ pb.

Flag Post
Originally posted by omark96:

The only update I see coming is tweaks of already existing things. This update will most likely be around christmas. And the only thing that Kingk really needs to add to make me happy is a new lvl 96+ pb.

+1 to that…also wouldn’t mind a new boss/area/mechanic that allows people that are too high for any of the mw stone/o-fame giving bosses to not need to slum against lesser mobs in order to help with those two aspects of the game

Flag Post
Originally posted by DumMetlHed:

+1 to that…also wouldn’t mind a new boss/area/mechanic that allows people that are too high for any of the mw stone/o-fame giving bosses to not need to slum against lesser mobs in order to help with those two aspects of the game

+1 to that…also copying DMH but w/e…

would love to know if the update is taking that long because we are waiting more players to get 98+… finishing new features… having problem with mechanics… it is just hard to be in the dark about something you are interested in…

Flag Post

a very nice update would be player ability to put stuff for auction on the BM……. would help a lot with all those unvaultables those higher ups keep getting (i know at least 1 guild member who dropped at least 3 or 4 EDWS+9 after getting their own….).

not to mention it would bring prices down to earth a bit….

Flag Post

Surely would that bring the prices down to earth… So low that anyone could afford that equipment. Nah, keep it as it is atm. We don’t really need to be even easier to access good weapon, I think that the BM works like it should work atm.

Flag Post

The only update I see coming is tweaks of already existing things.

This would make a lot of people quit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Avalokitesvara:

This would make a lot of people quit.

I won’t disagree with you on that point, but the good thing is that it will reduce the competition significantly ;)

Flag Post

My perfect update would be where i can get some god dam more coins! I’m level 88 with around 600b coins but spending my 5k mist stocks at hell gates/atlantis/faction wars can burn my coins out and even if i well,which i do, still hurts me bank. A place where not asking for too much, but more coins than other mobs in dream by i don;t know 20m more coins to just help out people:). That and also a new place that I can explore and get a ton of stuff from like it was from faction wars, atlantis(more mob exp) stuff like that.
P.S. Omark96, how many coins do u have AND what is the best way u get your coins on a daily basis even when u do mainland?

Flag Post

A nice update in my mind would be :
1. adding 2 new crystal sets , more rare then white where the first one will get you either extended, genius or heroic. and the second one will prompt you to choose what you wish to be ( healthier, stronger, smarter, more agile or faster ) , and by what you choose you have a chance to gain +10 to 30% bonus to that stat and 50% of what you got to the other stats for 24 hours.

2. adding ultra rare items above +9 for a limited time and with durability ( i.e , you find guardian sword +12 , when equipped it copies the enchants you have on the weapon you swapped but it will disappear after 24 hours )

3. add buffs to the game ( to help you find better items, raise a certain stat for a period of time and so on )

4. expand guild features.

5. make the 1 day heroic and genius you find as items that you can decide when to use, allowing players to find up to 3 of each.

My wish list keeps going on , but need to go to work
Basic point of any update should be to get players to use their E knowing there are rewards for doing so , otherwise they will either stop playing or just auto explore.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Flattie:

Starting to be a while since last update. It’s easy to see your focus is on TW, but we’re still a good playerbase here that could get bigger with more frequent updates.

i am sorry i don’t take clowns serious. Maybe thats why kingk doesn’t reply to this forum.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aaditya:

P.S. Omark96, how many coins do u have AND what is the best way u get your coins on a daily basis even when u do mainland?

I have 950b coins and this is from the GW:
Omark96 Woohoo! Finally I’m above 1t coins again xD Coins Deposited: 1,007,911,470,885 5 days 9 hrs 18 mins ago

Last week I killed 10k mobs and didn’t buy any e refills, except for that 7-day heroic. So I guess that makes 1 e refill. But as you see, it’s only wednesday morning and I’m almost back at my coinage I had before the last event. I use 95% of all my energy during the weekdays on mainland, but I also use some on loli and stuff like that.

Flag Post

I never mist. I Tarzan. 7.9 Trillion coins. I’d have more…but I make sure people don’t get items they want in the Bowel Movement.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlbertoV05:

I never mist. I Tarzan. 7.9 Trillion coins. I’d have more…but I make sure people don’t get items they want in the Bowel Movement.

Lol. You can’t even see items in BM that people really want because of level restrictions.

Flag Post

wow your so cool

Flag Post

dont feed the trolls. He will get this thread locked

Flag Post

I have been avoiding threads like this, simply because I do not have a solid answer regarding the timing of next expansion yet. I am aware many of you are expecting and used seeing new expansions every 3 months, when Dream World is the only game we are working on. For many of you, Dream World is still your favorite game on Kongregate (and for some, has been for the past 3 years). Unfortunately, as a development studio with growing list of employees and expenses, it’s not a sustainable business model to only focus on a game that is no longer generating enough revenue to pay for all the development costs by itself.

All I can say at this time is that there are new content/features being planned, and we plan to continue to support Dream World and run the usual events. We were originally planning to release new contents with this year Christmas/Holiday event, but it no longer seem feasible due to project scheduling reasons, so it’s more likely to happen sometime early next year if nothing else changes.

Flag Post

Making people quit due to the lack of updates doesn’t help generating revenue, in my opinion.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Avalokitesvara:

Making people quit due to the lack of updates doesn’t help generating revenue, in my opinion.

At least now we have some sort of response, that should drown out a bit of rumors. It’s a ton better than silence I must say.

Truth be told, it’s really easy for a player who doesn’t purchase any gems to make it big in Dream World. Granted, said player would have to have a lot of free time on their hands because it does take a long time to build up your stats slowly. The combination of pink and white crystals, daily pinks, and daily Mystery Boxes have make it loads easier to bulk up on pills and gems.

I personally find it unnecessary to buy gems unless your limiting factor is time or patience. If you don’t have enough time to mist, then you aren’t going to rack up as many gems from pinks and whites – so your gem supply is much lower. If you aren’t patient enough, then you need to purchase gems in order to aid your exploration. Some people just don’t like to mainland because it gets boring and repetitive or would rather do other things (or for a few of you, not even worth it). It takes a lot time to build up a good gem supply on mainland. Some frown upon it but I promise you it’s worth it if you don’t plan to purchase loads of gems.

If none of this makes sense, feel free to send me a Kongregate PM or a chat PM and we can have a nice chat. I’m AFK a lot of the time, but I will eventually respond back to you.

That being said, this business model has made it so that people are less likely to purchase gems. No purchases, no funds for the development team. No funds for the development team, no updates. Dream World isn’t going to die out completely. As long as people are purchasing enough gems to cover the cost of servers, continued support, etc. the game is going to remain online.

The last thing that I would like to mention (and I’m going to regret this a lot) is that this is exactly what Alberto is preaching about. His words aren’t all smoke and mirrors, you just need to look a little bit deeper.

Flag Post

In all seriousness…this is a message of transparency. So, I’ll be transparent as well. I really liked this game in the beginning. I was compelled to play it….because it was so difficult…it required me to think, plan and yes…spend cash. But that total effort made me proud to be one of the elite. The expansions were fine…but somewhere along the way….this whole thing became just like every other game on kong. Honestly…it became more about the people who couldn’t compete. I know they complained. I know they wanted a way to improve. But when you even everything out in life….you end up with everyone being miserable.

Originally posted by kingk:

I have been avoiding threads like this, simply because I do not have a solid answer regarding the timing of next expansion yet. I am aware many of you are expecting and used seeing new expansions every 3 months, when Dream World is the only game we are working on. For many of you, Dream World is still your favorite game on Kongregate (and for some, has been for the past 3 years). Unfortunately, as a development studio with growing list of employees and expenses, it’s not a sustainable business model to only focus on a game that is no longer generating enough revenue to pay for all the development costs by itself.

All I can say at this time is that there are new content/features being planned, and we plan to continue to support Dream World and run the usual events. We were originally planning to release new contents with this year Christmas/Holiday event, but it no longer seem feasible due to project scheduling reasons, so it’s more likely to happen sometime early next year if nothing else changes.

Flag Post

I tell you what I’ll do. I’ll speed level up and then keep you from buying things. Deal?

Originally posted by Dmitry83:

Lol. You can’t even see items in BM that people really want because of level restrictions.

Sure, that’s going to be fun :) Right now I am looking for positron equipment, so once you hit lv 98, you’ll have a good chance to troll me in BM. Unless I get everything I need by that time, of course :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tumalu:
That being said, this business model has made it so that people are less likely to purchase gems. No purchases, no funds for the development team. No funds for the development team, no updates. Dream World isn’t going to die out completely. As long as people are purchasing enough gems to cover the cost of servers, continued support, etc. the game is going to remain online.

You’re forgetting revenue from ads. Even non-paying players have devs gain a bit of money everytime they play. Make people unhappy so they’ll leave and you’ll gain even less money.

The problem about buying gems is that nobody gems Learning Points anymore, because it simply ain’t worth it. The game didn’t have a proper planning in that sense, that’s it.
When the guild system started, everybody could become a top player just by spending a few hundred bucks, nothing else was required. Last year, with pills and MBs and Isendel, you had to spend way more and play actively every single day, but buying kreds was required to be a top player. Now, well, gemming LP is crazy, since you have to spend hundreds of kreds to get 1 point.
To tell the truth, the solution to this problem is simple: make LP worth purchasing again. Make buying them from the guardian worth the cash. People will start gemming again.
Also, add premium items. Add things worth being bought with gems. You have plenty of suggestion in the proper forum thread, go and pick some.

Flag Post

the only problem is figuring out the right formula. How do you escalate the amount of lp you get for those with huge stats without wrecking the balance at the bottom?

I wonder if there isn’t a way to make it dependent on level, current stats, and the number of times you have bought lp… obviously I haven’t thought this all the way through, but I think all of those variables should matter somewhat.