Forums Nightbanes

UPDATED:Guide to gameplay:Tips,Tricks and a whole lot of theory

21 posts

Flag Post

This is taken from from the German NightBanes forum. I consider this to be a safe link. (Warning: Do not take links from users in chat without careful consideration. I’d like a Moderator to approve the link provided just to promote a healthy browsing experience.)

http://nb-cards.wtfgaming.de/

Note: It is in german. You can either read it :) or allow chrome/plugin to translate it via google. (It has detailed pictures and reviews/ratings of cards as well.)

Hello, first off I’d like to introduce myself. I am Valor. Having said that I’d like to move onto the subject matter at hand. I’ve seen multiple questions,gripes,praises and complaints since having started playing this game following it’s release. It’s my goal to educate you on my theories and opinions regarding targeted game mechanics with hopes of enhancing your player experience.

I welcome all constructive criticism and developer input. Anything which can be provided in a factual manner, or with relevant base can be considered within the next rewrite of this guide.

I’ll start with the common beginner issues first and move onto the more advanced as we proceed further through this thread.

1. The game, the learning curve and the difficulty.

It’s not incorrect or untruthful to say that the game has a steep learning curve. The User is placed in a demanding game and expected to adapt or be set aside.

Your first question as a newcomer generally falls into the realm of..

-What deck should I pick?
-What cards should I use?
-Why am I losing so much?
-How do I spend my Beta Diamonds and Rubies?

Starting with the first on the list we have the starter deck question. In truth the starting deck does not effect the Users quality of life. Each of them plays in the same manner while expecting the user to implement the different mechanics within each deck. I’d advise you to just pick the deck that best suits your flavor; You will be modding it too soon to truly appreciate it’s synergy anyways.

What cards should you use? Well, whatever cards you need to use. You must first understand that the game you are adventuring into is a game of progression. Meaning that you will run headfirst into a wall and to progress you will be forced to adapt. Before you know it..(Only a few hours of game play) you will find that your deck has changed completely and retains only a few of the cards you originally started with. The only way you can know what cards to use is by using them first. Giving someone who is ignorant of deck strategy and game mechanics the best cards in the game will merely result in a humiliating defeat.

Why are you losing so much? Well, because you are supposed to. Consider the quests a basic training of sorts. Where after a while you find that they are just easier. The truth is that you have only progressed and became better at the game. Play style, as you will learn, is only dynamic and static deployment of your cards will not work. If you find you are being decimated by the enemy I’d *Suggest turning on auto and watching what happens. You never know when you are simply over-thinking the issue!(This is going to be an inside joke forever.) :C

Where O’ Where do my Shiny go? Well, to whatever you feel would best fit into your current deck. Perhaps you are looking for that next “BIG” card to progress you onto an entirely different build. I’d suggest referring to the in game card compendium to gather a knowledge of what is out there. My opinion on the matter of currency is very simple; Spend it where it’s needed and gamble only when necessary. Blood pearls accumulated from quest rewards will give you currency to purchase the “Light starter pack” from the card tab of the ingame store. These packs contain amazing cards with some luck; Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

(Note: The card guide is not released currently. It is to implemented at a further date. The above paragraph assumes that this post will exist into the future.)

I’d like to just add a few random tidbits plucked from my brain while we are at this general phase of overview.

1. Unique cards are just as the name insists. You can only use 1 Unique of that name within your 25 card deck. Purchasing multiple unique cards only allows you to use one in an alternate deck.

2. You can not use the same card in two different decks if you only have 1 of that card. Example: to use 4 Zombie hulks in two different decks you will need 8 zombie hulks in your collection.

3. Do not overstack your deck with weapons,armor,powers or artifacts. These should only be used in the event that you perceive that it is more beneficial to do so than playing your “Best” card in hand. The more non-creature cards within your hand, the lower probability of drawing the creature card you need and the higher likely hood that your enemy will push their lane faster than you. (Leaving you unable to defend.)

4.As a beginner it is best to focus on proper creature synergy until you obtain Artifacts/Powers/equipment worthy of being included in your deck.

5. Pumpkin Grenade,Signet of the Archon, Vial of Virgin Blood, Vitalizing Pendant,Black Ice Crystal and Pendant of the Crescent moon are just a few of the viable choices as far as Artifacts are concerned. There are quite a few more as well.

6. Learn to watch for the signs. Learn to predicate ahead. Look at your lane, Go two turns ahead doing the math of what will die and what will survive, how far the lanes will push and where they will be. After you are able to do this you will know what to place in the last row. Example, if you end up being 1 square behind the enemy and it’s leading its push with a zombie bear you should be playing something that ignores toughness or at least has an ability to avoid damage.

7. Tenacity is the definition of love/hate relationships. Per the developer (This is as I understood his statement).. It’s chance to activate is greater than 50%. The trade-off generally revolves around the low health pool of tenacity wielding creatures.

8. Don’t be afraid to lose a card to progress your deck. Sacrifices will happen, don’t let yourself get consumed with saving 1 creature and letting your lane suffer the consequences.

I’ll be adding to this… (Pictures,Links,resources and Developer/User comments)

If you have any questions regarding this brief guide please feel free to send me a Private Message or catch me in chat. You may also post here if that is your desire.

I will be adding a PVP/Advanced play section in the time to come.

TLDR: Deck Synergy is Key. Don’t let your favorite card take priority over deck synergy. It’s better to push your lane with creatures in every scenario with one exception; When the artifact or power is better able to push your lane or reduce the enemy lane. If it will not provide a benefit over a creature, don’t play it. Starter deck is preference. The Light Starter Decks CAN give you rares and unique(Taken from Developer post.) Have fun, if you are losing you can turn on auto and see it from a different perspective.

(Any post which is submitted with intent of defamation or lacks constructive material will be reported to mods on a case by case basis. Please attempt to keep your posts mature and detailed.)

V/r

ValorOfOne

Flag Post
Originally posted by ValorOfOne:

Hello, first off I’d like to introduce myself. I am Valor. Having said that I’d like to move onto the subject matter at hand. I’ve seen multiple questions,gripes,praises and complaints since having started playing this game following it’s release. It’s my goal to educate you on my theories and opinions regarding targeted game mechanics with hopes of enhancing your player experience.

I welcome all constructive criticism and developer input. Anything which can be provided in a factual manner, or with relevant base can be considered within the next rewrite of this guide.

I’ll start with the common beginner issues first and move onto the more advanced as we proceed further through this thread.

1. The game, the learning curve and the difficulty.

It’s not incorrect or untruthful to say that the game has a steep learning curve. The User is placed in a demanding game and expected to adapt or be set aside.

Your first question as a newcomer generally falls into the realm of..

-What deck should I pick?
-What cards should I use?
-Why am I losing so much?
-How do I spend my Beta Diamonds and Rubies?

Starting with the first on the list we have the starter deck question. In truth the starting deck does not effect the Users quality of life. Each of them plays in the same manner while expecting the user to implement the different mechanics within each deck. I’d advise you to just pick the deck that best suits your flavor; You will be modding it too soon to truly appreciate it’s synergy anyways.

What cards should you use? Well, whatever cards you need to use. You must first understand that the game you are adventuring into is a game of progression. Meaning that you will run headfirst into a wall and to progress you will be forced to adapt. Before you know it..(Only a few hours of game play) you will find that your deck has changed completely and retains only a few of the cards you originally started with. The only way you can know what cards to use is by using them first. Giving someone who is ignorant of deck strategy and game mechanics the best cards in the game will merely result in a humiliating defeat.

Why are you losing so much? Well, because you are supposed to. Consider the quests a basic training of sorts. Where after a while you find that they are just easier. The truth is that you have only progressed and became better at the game. The boss AI uses logic to assume your next move. It will play based upon what it thinks you will do next. This varies entirely based upon WWF (Who Went First.) Play style, as you will learn, is only dynamic and static deployment of your cards will not work. If you find you are being decimated by the enemy AI I’d suggest turning on the AI yourself and watching it work magic. Learning when to assume and not to assume is key in proper card play.

Where O’ Where do my Shiny go? Well, to whatever you feel would best fit into your current deck. Perhaps you are looking for that next “BIG” card to progress you onto an entirely different build. I’d suggest referring to the in game card compendium to gather a knowledge of what is out there. My opinion on the matter of currency is very simple; Spend it where it’s needed and gamble only when necessary. Blood pearls accumulated from quest rewards will give you currency to purchase the “Light starter pack” from the card tab of the ingame store. These packs contain amazing cards with some luck; Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

(Note: The card guide is not released currently. It is to implemented at a further date. The above paragraph assumes that this post will exist into the future.)

I’d like to just add a few random tidbits plucked from my brain while we are at this general phase of overview.

1. Unique cards are just as the name insists. You can only use 1 Unique of that name within your 25 card deck. Purchasing multiple unique cards only allows you to use one in an alternate deck.

2. You can not use the same card in two different decks if you only have 1 of that card. Example: to use 4 Zombie hulks in two different decks you will need 8 zombie hulks in your collection.

3. Do not overstack your deck with weapons,armor,powers or artifacts. These should only be used in the event that you perceive that it is more beneficial to do so than playing your “Best” card in hand. The more non-creature cards within your hand, the lower probability of drawing the creature card you need and the higher likely hood that your enemy will push their lane faster than you. (Leaving you unable to defend.)

4.As a beginner it is best to focus on proper creature synergy until you obtain Artifacts/Powers/equipment worthy of being included in your deck.

5. Pumpkin Grenade,Signet of the Archon, Vial of Virgin Blood, Vitalizing Pendant,Black Ice Crystal and Pendant of the Crescent moon are just a few of the viable choices as far as Artifacts are concerned. There are quite a few more as well.

6. Learn to watch for the signs. Learn to predicate ahead. Look at your lane, Go two turns ahead doing the math of what will die and what will survive, how far the lanes will push and where they will be. After you are able to do this you will know what to place in the last row. Example, if you end up being 1 square behind the enemy and it’s leading its push with a zombie bear you should be playing something that ignores toughness or at least has an ability to avoid damage.

7. Tenacity is the definition of love/hate relationships. Per the developer (This is as I understood his statement).. It’s chance to activate is greater than 50%. The trade-off generally revolves around the low health pool of tenacity wielding creatures.

8. Don’t be afraid to lose a card to progress your deck. Sacrifices will happen, don’t let yourself get consumed with saving 1 creature and letting your lane suffer the consequences.

I’ll be adding to this… (Pictures,Links,resources and Developer/User comments)

If you have any questions regarding this brief guide please feel free to send me a Private Message or catch me in chat. You may also post here if that is your desire.

I will be adding a PVP/Advanced play section in the time to come.

TLDR: Deck Synergy is Key. Don’t let your favorite card take priority over deck synergy. It’s better to push your lane with creatures in every scenario with one exception; When the artifact or power is better able to push your lane or reduce the enemy lane. If it will not provide a benefit over a creature, don’t play it. Starter deck is preference. The Light Starter Decks CAN give you rares and unique(Taken from Developer post.) Have fun, if you are losing you can turn on auto and see it from a different perspective.

(Any post which is submitted with intent of defamation or lacks constructive material will be reported to mods on a case by case basis. Please attempt to keep your posts mature and detailed.)

V/r

ValorOfOne

Nice guide.

Just my 2c,

1. I’d recommend “Death from below” starter pack.
It has the starter hero with the best ability (weaken all 2). Each starter pack has 2 rares, and I think the ones from death from below are best. Insane clown is average, but basilisk is amazing, and can be used in any deck. The other packs kinda plop you in a mono-undead or bestial deck.

2. I recommend using blood rubies to buy harvest moon packs. It has the most useful rares by far, and the commons are also very good! (zombie bear, zombie maidservant, harvest robot etc)

3. I recommend saving blood pearls to buy energy upgrades, then faction and/or pvp rewards. It is not really worth buying basic booster packs unless you are overflowing with blood pearls. There’s about 4 days left in the halloween event, so try getting 4 vangoth gargoyles. And do a few pvps, the weapon and armor are decent, and kelpie (1700rating) is amazing. They will help you in questing significantly. Good luck! :)

Flag Post

I agree with all of the above statements. Clarification…

1. I’ve heard this many times in chat, while it might not be for everyone.. The death from Below does contain a few very good cards.

2. This is a correct statement. Harvest Moon packs contain some rather amazing cards and offer the very rare chance of a unique and the absolutely essential Baba Coaja hero (Until late endgame or stupid luck comes into play.)

3. This part I do not entirely agree with on grounds that I do not see a valuable tradeoff in turns of pearl to energy gain via cap increase. However, if for some reason the raising of the cap increases the energy tick amount(Percent based regeneration??) than yes this is absolutely true.

Flag Post

Agreed, baba coaja definately one of the top vamp lords you can get.

Yeah I only bought the first 2, which I think are reasonably priced at 3k and 6k (which is about worth 3 cards from the reward shop). I’d say permanent energy upgrades are a good investment in the long term. I’m not sure whether I would buy em later on – 50k doesn’t sound like it’s worth :D And definately not 500 diamonds ($50) for 30 energy lol!

Flag Post

Since we are working on basic tips at this point:

Just some equip comments:
Take into account how many monsters can actually use your equip cards. If only 1 monster in the deck can even use equips it probbaly is a bad idea to run any at all.

Also, “when to play equips”: In the case of offensive equips if the monster is not going to be attacking for a turn or two playing an equip is a waste of a turn. The exception to this(other then having nothing else to play) would be defensive equips, something a given monster is going to get immediate use out of.
Now you still need to take into account the monsters placement on the field, ex: if the monster is 6th in line and the opponent only has 3 monsters you probably don’t needs and HP boost on something not in danger.

You can also choose to play and equ. for something that is about to do a direct attack for a bit of extra dmg rather then playing another monster that won’t be read for a few turns.

………
This is just a personal feeling but STAY AWAY FROM MOUNTS…well early on, if the mount doesn’t have an effect you are wasting a turn & a deck slot. If you are at the point of needing the extra HP on your vamp there is probbaly some other issue that needs to be addressed.

Flag Post

I’d like to bring up a further factor on equipment – Focus on equipment that deals with the more annoying defensive abilities. My current top armor is using spiked bladed, for backlash with a minor heal on a unit can completely ruin someone’s day. For Attack gear, I prefer items like Sudden death, Interception, Toxin Injector, and the Wand of Necrotic Energies. Items that negate effects, and aren’t class specific.

This also brings up dealing with them.. You’ll want a few monsters designated for artifact/equipment destruction. Spells that destroy equipment are decent, but usually by the time you can play them, it’s too late, and board control has been burnt. Artifacts are the same way, if enough damage artifacts hit the field, it doesn’t matter what you play, you’ll never get out of it in time even if you are packing decompose spells.

Flag Post

So I stumbled on to a link over at the German NightBanes forum that I wanted to add to the this thread.

http://nb-cards.wtfgaming.de/

You will need to use Google translate if you do not read german(Sorry) but it has the full card art and card reviews. Chrome browser is able to do this automatically once you visit the website.

Enjoy!

V/r

Valor

P.S. A mod should just verify the link. It’s taken directly from the official german forums but you can never be too safe. I’ve added it to the first post and alerted those who lurk by updating the title thread. Till then!

Flag Post

An interesting link for sure though how useful it is is questionable.
Unless I am just missing it the rating system is just a matter of clicking a star, this doesn’t necessarily mean it is a good card. There will be some discrepancy based on “favorites”, there is also no reasoning given for why the card is rated as it is.

I think its best use is to see what is in a given set.

Flag Post

To be honest, I started an alt account today. You can spout rhetoric about strategy and how to build your deck, etc etc. It doesnt mean much of anything.

The dividing line in this game is startling, and easy to spot. Those that have a usable lord (started with Rolondo or pulled a Baba or bought the archived Lord) and the rest of us that do not.

Phil, one of Diviad’s devs, posted on anothe thread that the Pve win rate is around 75%. I would guess, having played thru the cemetery on 2 accounts, on without a decent lord and one that pulled a Baba before the first quest, that there are 2 win rates. 55% for those that dont have a lord with any usable powers, and 95% for those that do.

I know this, because I just completed the Cemetery I and II on my alt WITHOUT LOSING A MATCH. My win rate with my main stands around 55%, when I started keeping track.

PvP is even worse.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phestus:

To be honest, I started an alt account today. You can spout rhetoric about strategy and how to build your deck, etc etc. It doesnt mean much of anything.

The dividing line in this game is startling, and easy to spot. Those that have a usable lord (started with Rolondo or pulled a Baba or bought the archived Lord) and the rest of us that do not.

Phil, one of Diviad’s devs, posted on anothe thread that the Pve win rate is around 75%. I would guess, having played thru the cemetery on 2 accounts, on without a decent lord and one that pulled a Baba before the first quest, that there are 2 win rates. 55% for those that dont have a lord with any usable powers, and 95% for those that do.

I know this, because I just completed the Cemetery I and II on my alt WITHOUT LOSING A MATCH. My win rate with my main stands around 55%, when I started keeping track.

PvP is even worse.

Aye I agree that baba is leagues above the other commanders, simply because of her passive ability a 100% weaken 1 that starts from turn 1, whereas most of the other commanders do not have passives (or inferior ones like 50% chance necrosis 1 or 50% chance rage beast). Most people don’t have baba though, so are in the same boat as you.

Flag Post

Agreed Endox, but those smart enough to get Rolondo as a starting lord have a much better chance as well. Against non-artifact Pve enemies, they are about the same. The other 2 starting lords, and lords like Lucy that I have pulled, are either worthless or useful much later when you can field massive abom/vamps.

Flag Post

While I started with Rolondo I have actually switched him out for Natalia(base set rare), even before that most of the time the lords ability just isn’t needed. Will a good lord help sure but no deck should win or lose solely based upon their lord.

Flag Post

I agree with that. Natalia isnt bad. Rolando is a poor example of a good Lord, he is just the best of the starters. Useful passives make or break a Lord’s usefulness really, they dont burn a turn up to use. Baba is sort of the exception, as her activated can remove a card when used, not really costing you a turn in development.

Flag Post

Besides my lord thing, and in the spirit of trying to be helpful, I will throw my 2 cents in on Valor’s post and try to add some tips:

1. For low level guys, buy the 250 pearl packs until you get a few spectres, and at the very least get 4 skeletal beserkers. Beserkers with a decent weapon on them (like gravescythe or any 2 dmg weapon) can win you just about any fight if you get lucky with tenacity.

2. As Valor stated, dont fill your deck with mounts/equip/powers/artifacts. Creature superiority wins more games than anything else. Plus, most powers, even synergistic nuke types, are a bad investment. 2 dmg to a random creature is MUCH worse than 2 dmg over and over when you play a creature. Same with mounts, Even some epic ones arent worth playing in every deck.

3. Make your deck with at least 21 creatures (until you understand the game better). Some of mine have 23.

4. Good accessible early creatures list: Skel Beserker, Reaper, Werecat, Ghoul, zombie or terror bear, sabretooth tiger, gargoyle, zombie maidservant, headless horsemen and a few others. Toughness and Tenacity are your friends, and anything that has more Rage than BL is also decent early on.

5. If you are a Paying player, the Limited cards dont work like other games (ie Tyrant). They do not go into the vault when they leave, so get them while they are still around, or lose the ability to get them for good.

6. Buy harvest packs with your rubies. The witches, Baba Couja, Raven Demon, and a few other rares in here are simply incredible, and there are a ton of good commons and uncommons as well.

7. Dont be afraid to pvp with a tenacity/toughness creature deck, you can and will win enough games (even at a 15% win rate) to improve your rating to at least the 1350 range and unlock the good pvp equipment. There really isnt a downside at this point, so just go for it.

Flag Post

edit: On #1, spectres should read Grim Reapers.

Flag Post

Well, this looks nice and informative. Allow me to throw a few cents in here too.

1. Don’t listen to the above guy too much. A good lord will help, but it will not make or break you. One thing you must understand is that this game is luck based, to a certain degree. A good lord could help you a bit, but he/she won’t do a bit of good if you draw crappy cards. Before you focus on acquiring a better lord, focus on improving your cards. Without his pawns, a king is just a man with an empty crown.

2. This is my opinion, but Death From Below isn’t the only viable choice for a starter. Sure, Basilisk is useful, but only if he lives. And since he runs the “Toughness” ability, which can be countered by the rather common “Execute” ability, he loses his defensive advantage rather quickly. Admittedly, his “Stun” is useful, but I found just as much success when I chose the Empty Grave deck. Granted, the lord’s ability increases the rage of only 1 creature by 3, but it’s still helpful. Especially for someone who knows what they’re doing. But you won’t for a while, which is why you’d choose the easier lord. Meanwhile, while everyone sings the praises of the Basilisk, I found that the Empty Graves’ Necromancer is just as useful. 1 extra Blood Lust means you have to stall a turn longer, but if you do, it can allow you to overwhelm your enemy early on, or give you the time needed to play some game changers later. Again though, requires some skill to use, so the Basilisk would be considered easier to choose. It boils down to this. Death From Below is good for people who don’t wanna learn the game mechanics early and just want to win as soon as possible. Empty Graves is more for those that take a more strategic approach to playing, and aren’t afraid of a couple of losses to learn how to play.

3. Screw what anyone says. ValorOfOne was absolutely right. The Base Light packs are good. Very good. If you’re willing to gamble on the chance they give you, you can get Rares instead of just Uncommons. I have personally gotten a few choice cards from it. Crypt Keeper, Liches, Specter, Crypt Wight. All useful rares early on, and will fit into just about any deck. And these are just a couple of different ones you can get. You can also get some useful artifacts and weapons from the Base Light packs too. Bottom line, screw what anyone says about only getting them when you have an excess of money. Get them often, unless you have a specific card in mind that you are saving for.

4. Synergy is key, like Valor said. A deck with no set style may be hard to counter, as there is no predictable way to beat it. But it also lacks any other real strengths. A Tank Deck, Healing Deck, Elemental Deck, Racial Deck. These are the kinds of things you can do. Summoning Deck, Rushing Deck, and even some Equipment Decks I’ve seen. So long as you prepare the deck accordingly, then even with luck being the main deciding factor of if you’ll win or not, you can still increase your odds tremendously.

5. Don’t be afraid to drop some cards in exchange for a combo or two. If you pair cards right in your deck, victory can be one of the easiest things to acquire. Here’s an example. Let’s call our example Player V. Player V wants to get their Zombie Hulks out faster. Since a lot of enemies use physical damage, this is a viable strategy. But you can only have four of them in one deck, which gives you a 4/25 chance of getting them. So what does Player V do? Player V removes all non-undeads from their deck, and then adds 4 Orbs of Darkness. This is a spell that allows you to heal one undead creature for 5 health points, and summon another undead creature to the field. This effectively boosts Player V’s odds of getting their Zombie Hulk out from 4/25 to 8/25. Be warned, this also basically depletes Player V’s deck slightly faster, but the game should be over before that even becomes and issue. With this simple strategy, Player V increases their odds of getting a powerful taking unit out faster. And if one tanking unit becomes damaged, there is always the chance that you can summon another while simultaneously healing that damaged unit. See? Synergy and Planning at their finest.

6. Don’t take anyone else’s advice for building a deck. Sure, you can ask about card strength and decide from there, but do not let someone else tell you how to play. Play how you want, and you’ll find better ways to win. If you don’t, ask for some advice on how to improve, but try not to rebuild an entire deck on someone else’s say-so. Even if it helps, odds are they will have some way to counter it. For example, a person with a deck full of “Execute” can tell you that making a deck full of “Toughness” is a great idea. Meanwhile, if you ever face them, or someone/thing else that is heavy with “Execute”, you will be summarily and utterly boned.

7. This may be common sense to some, but if it becomes necessary, try to build your deck around the opponent you face. Here’s a few examples. If your opponent is “Tenacity” and “Heal” heavy, use a deck with “Necrosis” based units, mounts, artifacts, and weapons. If your opponent is “Resilience” based, use a deck of non-physical units. If your opponent is “Toughness” based, use a deck of “Execute” based units. If your main deck doesn’t do it, just switch to whatever will.

tl;dr Take all of this advice with a grain of salt. Learn the game mechanics and formulate your own strategies, and don’t be afraid to gamble. This game is luck based, so there is no 100% win rate. The best you can do is try, try, and try. And if that doesn’t work, well, in the famous words of Albert Einstein “It is often said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.” So change it up a bit, and try again.

Good luck guys.
-Erif Fieri

Flag Post

I’m not sure who said this, but someone said click autoplay and watch how it plays, taking lessons from that.
I did this… the first card it played (no enemies on field) was glacierstrike. Second card was longsword. I subsequently lost horribly.
So yeah, autoplay isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Flag Post

crazed, autoplay tends to just play whatever card is in the left side of your hand. No real rhyme or reason to it. It does help show you some of the possibilities though.

Flag Post

I use an equipment deck, and I’ve found that very effective. Aside from the inevitable unlucky draws of a bunch of equipment/power and etc. w/ no creatures, you can usually make it work.
As far as the equipment you need, an equip deck does require you have a bunch of rare/high lvl equipment, some grave scythes and spiked plate armors work fine.
The creatures, however need to really be picked well for an equipment deck to work. There should be no more than 2 creatures in your deck that cant equip anything (Ex. I only have 1 wraith cause their good fodder and can kill most flying creatures instantly) “Old Town” has a bunch of cards that work great with equip decks because many of them can equip both weapon and armor, and have great abilities for equip decks too, like chain attack and evade. Its also important that these cards are quick, no more than 3 bloodlust (preferably 2) because the strength of an equip deck lies in its abilities to have high dmg cards out quickly because they are bufffed by the equips. Hell Knights are an easy to get card that work too, but dont go overboard on them unless you have artifacts/powers to support fire dmg.
Its important to have a few direct dmg powers in the deck as well as they help delay your opponent while you set up your cards. With a decent draw, its not that hard to have one card dealing 5-6 each turn early in the match

Flag Post
Originally posted by ErifFieri:

Well, this looks nice and informative. Allow me to throw a few cents in here too.

blabblabblabt even becomes and issue. With this simple strategy, Player V increases their odds of getting a powerful taking unit out faster. And if one tanking unit becomes damaged, there is always the chance that you can summon another while simultaneously healing that damaged unit. See? Synergy and Planning at their finest.

6. Don’t take anyone else’s advice for building a deck. Sure, you can ask about card strength and decide from there, but do not let someone else tell you how to play. Play how you want, and you’ll find better ways to win. If you don’t, ask for some advice on how to improve, but try not to rebuild an entire deck on someone else’s say-so. Even if it helps, odds are they will have some way to counter it. For example, a person with a deck full of “Execute” can tell you that making a deck full of “Toughness” is a great idea. Meanwhile, if you ever face them, or someone/thing else that is heavy with “Execute”, you will be summarily and utterly boned.

8. This may be common sense to some, but if it becomes necessary, try to build your deck around the opponent you face. Here’s a few examples. If your opponent is “Tenacity” and “Heal” heavy, use a deck with “Necrosis” based units, mounts, artifacts, and weapons. If your opponent is “Resilience” based, use a deck of non-physical units. If your opponent is “Toughness” based, use a deck of “Execute” based units. If your main deck doesn’t do it, just switch to whatever will.

tl;dr Take all of this advice with a grain of salt. Learn the game mechanics and formulate your own strategies, and don’t be afraid to gamble. This game is luck based, so there is no 100% win rate. The best you can do is try, try, and try. And if that doesn’t work, well, in the famous words of Albert Einstein “It is often said that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.” So change it up a bit, and try again.

Good luck guys.
-Erif Fieri

You skipped 7

Flag Post
Originally posted by qwertyuiopazs:
Originally posted by ErifFieri:

blabblabblabt even becomes and issue. With this simple strategy, Player V increases their odds of getting a powerful taking unit out faster. And if one tanking unit becomes damaged, there is always the chance that you can summon another while simultaneously healing that damaged unit. See? Synergy and Planning at their finest.

8. This may be common sense to some, but if it becomes necessary, try to build your deck around the opponent you face. Here’s a few examples. If your opponent is “Tenacity” and “Heal” heavy, use a deck with “Necrosis” based units, mounts, artifacts, and weapons. If your opponent is “Resilience” based, use a deck of non-physical units. If your opponent is “Toughness” based, use a deck of “Execute” based units. If your main deck doesn’t do it, just switch to whatever will.

Good luck guys.
-Erif Fieri

You skipped 7

. . .

No I didn’t.