[Poll] Which Book First?

15 posts

Flag Post

As you probably know, I plan on writing a book very soon. However, i would like to know which would appeal most to you. So, I’m going to put up the ideas, and you vote for what you like best. Now, the winner may not be the one I write… I still have the final say. So, here’s the options:

1. Dreams
Dreams is about a group of people with a problem. They keep waking up. Having no real sense of reality, they try and work together to find out when they will awaken to reality. But they may never do so. This book will attempt to mess with your mind. It will be confusing. Also, anything is possible in this book.

2. Quarantine
After a virus from Pluto kills nearly 4/5 of the world’s population, two groups emerge. Those who mutated from the virus, but survived, and those who were immune. The mutated are persecuted, being blamed for the destruction. At first they are protected by the governments (or what’s left of them), but soon these begin to collapse. The vengeful immune take over, imprisoning the mutated. They proceed to torment them. But the mutants can only go so far before they snap…

3. Cede Point
Michael wakes up with no recollection of anything, not even his name. He finds himself face-down, naked, on the floor of an apartment. Lying next to him are a pair of clothes, a wallet, and a tape. He finds his name, Michael Ray, within the wallet. When he play the tape, he sees something that horrifies him. A home video of him assassinating the mayor of Cede Point. Having no recollection of this, but being widely pursued, he receives help from a mysterious group. However, he soon learns secrets about the city. Chilling details that could bring it tumbling down.

Yes, there’s only 3. I could always add Wasteland or the WWWLIFE series. But I don’t want to do those yet. So yeah, please vote. Like I said, I really just want to know your interests in these ideas.

Flag Post

I like the sound of Cede Point best!
Then Dreams, then Quarintine.
They all sound good though,
Also, wrong forum!
Edit- I didn’t know that you made them into forum games.

Flag Post

If Dreams doesn’t take place in modern civilization, I pick Dreams first. Otherwise, Cede Point.

Flag Post

Not really wrong forum wecannotdo. I’ve made Quarantine and Dreams into forum games, and nearly did Cede Point (although I changed it up).

And Spear, Dreams take place in multiple settings. War-torn futures, modern day cities, worlds where there’s just animals, no humans… even a dream with, quite literally, nothing in it.

Finally, I guess I’ll add this to OT. Something tells me I won’t get too many votes there…

Flag Post

Cede Point sounds very similar to The Bourne Identity (that’s not a criticism – Robert Ludlum’s a great writer), and Quarantine sounds a little like I Am Legend (again, no problem with that – it had potential to be a great story if they’d developed it more).

My order of preference would be Cede Point, Quarantine, then Dreams.

Flag Post

Dreams sounds alot like Inception. I’m not criticizing, I love Inception…the movie.

Cede Point
Dreams
Quarantine

Flag Post

Quarantine, Dreams, Cede Point, from most to least preferred.

To the point, good sirs. To the point.

Flag Post

I’ve already commented on the whole Dreams-Inception thing. First off, you should know that I had the idea for Dreams long before Inception came out… Like 6 months before. You can check for the Dreams forum game. And I intend it to be a lot more complex. Whereas Inception has a few dreams and involves questioning reality at the end… This will involve multiple dreams/nightmares/wtfisgoingonheres. If you thought Inception didn’t make sense… Dreams has you constantly questioning reality.

As for Quarantine-I Am Legend. I really don’t see the similarities. Yes, there’s a virus that kills people, mutates others. But in Quarantine, the mutants are still people, only mutated. They are imprisoned within cities in Arkansas; City One, City Two, City Three, City Four, and City Five. It’s really a story of rebellion. If you want an idea of what it’s like, view: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36/topics/79984?page=1

And last, but not least, the Cede Point-Bourne Identity thing. Yes, it is seems similar. But I’m not going to rip off other people’s ideas. I came up with all of these ideas in different ways… Dreams I came up with out of the blue, Quarantine was after I had a dream of a similar thing occurring, and Cede Point was after I randomly jotted down a single sentence. That one sentence turned into this. Now, Cede Point is also a story of rebellion, but in a different way. You can, quite literally, trust no one in Cede Point. In fact, the name itself, Cede Point, is an anagram for something that is a major part of the book.

If you have any more questions/comment, let me know.

Flag Post

Quarantine, Dreams, and Cede Point, in that order, from most preferred to least preferred.

Quarantine first because I participated in it and I can really visualize its potential.
The other two because I like the notion of the plot in Dreams, as opposed to the one in Cede Point.

Flag Post

Fog, I know you had Dreams up long before Inception. Chill, I’m not accusing you of ripping their idea off. I was just saying that its similar to Inception, and that I liked Inception.

Flag Post

I wasn’t trying to sound angry. Plus, it was mainly aimed at those in OT.

Flag Post

I know you had this idea long before Inception came out, but for the purpose of something new, I’d go for Cede Point.
1. Cede Point
2. Quarantine
3. Dreams

Flag Post

Cede point sounds interesting.
1. cede point
2. quarantine
3. dreams

Flag Post

They all sound interesting to me in this order:

1. Dreams
2. Cede Point
3. Quarantine

Flag Post

Posted in the OT version, but hey, no harm in doing it here too.

1. Quarantine
2. Dreams
3. Cede Point