Spiritual Scrolls: Magic [End]

40 posts

Flag Post

Scrolls. Scrolls are ancient, containing spiritual energy. They are required to create spells. There are however, 3 ultimate scrolls, called the Scroll Of Ful, Scroll Of Wni, and the Scroll Of Cevt. These 3 scrolls, when all are gathered, gives the person limitless power, and eternal life. Such things should not fall into the hands of a dark shadow however…

Gameplay: The game is simple. Players play as the main character, and post what the character should do next. If you are stuck, try some of the suggestions written at the end of each post. These are not always the best choices, but they are kinda like what the character is thinking. Scrolls are powerful, and should be reserved if possible. Finding them isn’t that hard, just need to be observant. Rare Scrolls however, are extremely powerful, and are used only for the most powerful spells. Best used for bosses / strong enemies. Spells. Spells are learnt by being taught by another person. Spell costs are described like this: (Number,Number). The first number is number of scrolls, the second number is number of rare scrolls. Spells are essential for defeating bosses, as they are strong, though they do require scrolls, so use them carefully. Pets and allies are very good, as they are good for battle strategies. Distractions and ambushes work better with them. They can also turn the tide of a battle.

That ancient thing I found on the ground. That was just a good luck charm to me, until I found about the scrolls. And realised the power of what I had. When I heard that about the spiritual scrolls, and knew that one was already with a shadow, I knew I had to stop it. I went into the forest. And keeping my scroll, I crossed my fingers…

HP: 100/100

Weapon/Armor:

Weapon: N/A
Armor: N/A

Scrolls: 1

Rare Scrolls: 0

Spells Known:

N/A

Pets / Allies:

N/A

Choices Suggestion/ Character’s thoughts:
Interesting forest – could be dangerous but could be stuff to find.
Weapon and armor – I need some!
Spells – Need to learn some.
Scrolls – Could be hiding in the forest somewhere, so many trees.

Flag Post

Search the bushes

Flag Post

Use your scroll to learn it’s spell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SilentSam:

Search the bushes

This forest was probably full of secrets. You decide to search the bushes. To your surprise, you find another scroll. If only you could find someone to teach you a spell…you also find a small branch with a sharp end.After a few hours, exhaustion kicks in and you take a rest. You however, are glad, to find another scroll. As you sit down and rest, you spot something moving in the bush….what should you do?

HP: 99/100 (Exhaustion -1)

Weapon/Armor:

Weapon: Sharp Stick (1 Dmg)

Scrolls: 2

Spells Known:

N/A

Pets/Allies:

N/A

Choices Suggestion/Character’s thoughts:
What is that thingy moving in there.
I only have a stick…and no spells.
I need to get some allies.

Flag Post

i need to get some allies

Flag Post
Originally posted by kyle77745:

i need to get some allies

You decide you need some allies. Seeing the figure in the bush, you sneak to it and ambush it. It turned out to be a person, who was lost. He told you his name was Eyr, and that he was forced to run when he was attacked by several giant spiders. When he woke up, he realised he was lost. Taking your new companion on the adventure for the scrolls, he tells you he knows a basic spell for the scrolls (“Magic Arrow” Spell Learnt!"). You journey through the bushes to a stream where there is fresh water running. You take a short drink, then rest beside a small rock. Soon afterwards, sure enough, a few giant spiders came along, the ones Eyr described.

HP: 100/100 (Slight Recuperation +1)

Weapon/Armor:

Weapon: Sharp Stick: (1 Dmg)

Spells Known:

Magic Arrow – A blast of mana dealing 8 damage to your opponent (1,0)

Pets/Allies:

Eyr (HP: 29/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Weapon: N/A Armor: N/A
Scrolls: 0
Spells Known:
N/A

ENEMIES:
3 Giant Spider (HP: 5/5), not exactly powerful, but giant enough to be intimidating, and make the common dogs and cats run away in fright.
Attacks: Bite (2 Dmg)

Choices Suggestions/ Character’s thoughts:
How hard can this be? Looking big and strong doesn’t mean tough.
Holy!?!?…get out of here!
There’s 3…
I wonder if I could get some items here…

Flag Post

how hard can this be? Looking big and strong doesn’t mean tough

Flag Post

how hard can this be? Looking big and strong doesn’t mean tough

"Oy! You little immature amateur spider, brat, rat, dofus, dopey, idiot!"...Oh....wrong move. Maybe making stuff angry isn't my speciality...oh but who cares, just beat'em up the old fashion way! You: 100/100 Eyr: 29/50 VS Giant Spider: 5/5 Giant Spider: 5/5 Giant Spider: 5/5 ------------------------------ Phase 1: You hit Giant Spider! (1 dmg) Giant Spider bites you! (2 dmg) Eyr stomps Giant Spider! (Ineffective) Giant Spider bites you! (2 dmg) Giant Spider bites you! (2 dmg) Phase 2: You hit Giant Spider! Crit! (2 dmg) Giant Spider bites Eyr! (2 dmg) Giant Spider bites Eyr! (2 dmg) Giant Spider bites you! (2 dmg) Eyr punches Giant Spider! (1 dmg) Phase 3: Giant Spider misses! - Clumsy idiot... (Miss) You hit Giant Spider! (1 dmg, TAKEDOWN) Eyr kicks Giant Spider! (1 dmg) Giant Spider bites you! (2 dmg) Phase 4: Eyr kicks Giant Spider! (Ineffective) Giant Spider bites Eyr! (2 dmg) Giant Spider misses! - that the best you got? (Miss) You miss! - aww... (Miss) Phase 5: Eyr smashes Giant Spider! (1 dmg) You hit Giant Spider! (1 dmg, ANNIHILATED) *Giant Spider runs in fright*

Flag Post

sit for a while and recuperate

Flag Post

To your dismay, you find nothing except some bark ripped off a tree. Bark? I’ll just take that for some armor…nothing else to be seen, you and Eyr rest for a while, when a sudden spider screech wakes you up. And when you glance back, you notice a whole army of spiders. It must have been to call for reinforcement…

HP: 90/100 (Spider Battle -10)

Weapon/Armor:

Weapons: Sharp Stick (1 Dmg)
Armor: Bark Shield (1 Def)

Spells Known:

Magic Arrow – A blast of mana dealing 8 dmg to your opponent (1,0)

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 23/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Spells Known:
N/A

Choices Suggestions/ Character’s Thoughts ( you can make your own…these are suggestions):

I can’t think of anything…except getting out of here!

Flag Post

do the 300 charge at the army and beastmode those suckers like they were persians

Flag Post

Or you can retrieve your brains from the ground, as they just fell out. Then you can run as fast as you can. Make sure to have Eyr keep up with you. Also, try to see which one seems to be the leader as you run off.

Flag Post

do the 300 charge at the army and beastmode those suckers like they were persians

Well…I just found out something today! Did I win a lotto? No. Did I get a private helicopter? No. I just found out those giant spiders are cowards, and when I charged at them they ran away! I thought they’d come back though…probably with some Giant Spider King or something of the sort. As they run off, I retreat too of course. But as I gaze back, I see a certain spider in the lead. Apparently, he was yelling loudly at those spiders angrily, as they were backing away, trying to duck behind another spider.

HP: 91/100 (Slight Recuperation +1)

Weapon/Armor:

Spells Known:

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 23/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Spells Known:
N/A

Choices Suggestions/ Character’s Thoughts ( you can make your own…these are suggestions):
Haha…let’s smarm the victory in their faces!
Don’t waste time, we should find some better weapons.
I need to find a place on a map to stay so that I don’t get attacked by killer demons and stuff every minute.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

Or you can retrieve your brains from the ground, as they just fell out. Then you can run as fast as you can. Make sure to have Eyr keep up with you. Also, try to see which one seems to be the leader as you run off.

Good strategy! Let’s edit that one in too shall we? After all, it’s not nice to ignore people.

Flag Post

[Actually, I didn’t expect them to run away… Whatever though.]

Flag Post

[Actually, I didn’t expect them to run away… Whatever though.]

xD.

Flag Post

PS – To use scrolls, you have to say…otherwise it’s just a normal battle with no spells.

Flag Post

Use magic arrow on the spider which is apparently the leader, and keep spamming it until you run out of whatever this world uses to power spells.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Use magic arrow on the spider which is apparently the leader, and keep spamming it until you run out of whatever this world uses to power spells.

After 2 magical arrows shot at the leader, it collapses, and you see the other spiders, hunched up, unaware that you had no more scrolls. They quickly give you a scroll they scavenged, then run away in fright. But as you were about to leave, you catch a glimpse of the spider’s armor…it was too big, but it was made of leather…maybe you could take some of it…

HP: 92/100 (Slight Recuperation +1)

Weapon/Armor:

Inventory:

Leather – Hmm…stretchy. I wonder what I could do with this?

Scrolls: 1

Spells Known:

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 24/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Spells Known:
N/A

Let’s get out of here in case they ever attack again..
I need to rest. What if I run into another horde of monsters?
If only I could find a village…
Cool leather…I could make this for armor…

Flag Post

Find a village, rest, and then make the leather into armor. Or see how much it sells for.

Flag Post

Find a village, rest, and then make the leather into armor. Or see how much it sells for.

After a great deal of exploration, and tripping over a rock which caused you to bleed slightly, you find a small cluster of houses. Only about 12 or 13, but good enough. You approach the village cautiously, in case they were hostile. Luckily, they did not attack you. You thought this small place would do great in a travel guide. After all, they were very friendly. They showed you to a small shack, with only hay as shelter, and a small bed made of hollow sticks and a flax blanket, but you didn’t mind. It was comfortable. Better than the rocks anyway. After a few hours of rest, you go and wake Eyr. We go to the local blacksmith, which wasn’t really a blacksmith, as it only had a few rusty tools and a not-so-spacious building. He told you that leather was quite common, but compared to what you had, it’d do good. It has no restrictions to speed and agility, and it was good basic armor. He told you that you could find a black market several miles from here, that sell scrolls for items. It’d probably be only 1-2 scrolls, for some armor I guess, you think. What you probably needed was to get some more spells anyway. Telling him you’d rather have some armor, the blacksmith makes it as fast as he can, and with a smile of generousity hands you and scroll. Whispering to you now, he said,“I never found out what this did. But I found it when I was small. I now know it is used for magic, and that evil and chaos are trying to get hold of them, but I never learnt any spells. Take this as a gift”. You give the bark shield to Eyr, and bow in respect to the blacksmith. Suddenly, out of the corner of your eye, you see some devillish monster through a gap in the building in the wood…what to do?

HP: 93/100 (Recuperation +3, Tripped over rock -2)

Weapon/Armor:

Armor: Leather Armor (2 Def)

Inventory:

N/A

Spells Known:

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 25/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Weapon: N/A Armor: Bark Shield (1 def)
Spells Known:
N/A

Tell the blacksmith, I need all the help I can get to kill that thingy.
How hard can it be to fight? Beat em’ up, head on.
Ambush him. We dunno how hard he is.
Run! I’m not a coward, but I’m not that strong.
Maybe I can shoot a magic arrow at him, then get out and kill him. After all, he’ll be distracted by the magic.

Flag Post

Oh, by the way, just in case you guys don’t know, when your character and pets/allies don’t do anything exhausting/dmging then they get a slight recuperation bonus (1 hp).

Flag Post

Learn the spells from the scrolls first, then fire a magic arrow at the creature and kill it whilst it’s distracted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Learn the spells from the scrolls first, then fire a magic arrow at the creature and kill it whilst it’s distracted.

?You don’t get scrolls do you?
Scrolls are like “mana” you use it for spells. You need some person to teach you a spell…xD So magic arrow huh? Alright, check next post.

Flag Post

…you know, you could have made it a bit clearer that that was the case beforehand.