Spiritual Scrolls: Magic [End] page 2

40 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

…you know, you could have made it a bit clearer that that was the case beforehand.

Did you actually read the first post? It said that spells were taught by another person, not learnt from scrolls. Anyway, let’s continue with the story.

You strike a magic arrow with perfect accuracy, hitting the creature in the head, nearly knocking him unconscious. The blacksmith glances at it, then with a quick nod, gets his iron sword out and runs towards it. You follow with your sharp stick, and Eyr comes as well. You strike the dazed creature a few times. You notice it’s a Minor Imp – a creature of chaos. After several hits, you do a final, killing blow. You eagerly look for any loot, but find nothing. Disappointed, you bid farewell to the blacksmith and continue on your journey, while on the lookout. That imp was spying you thought. They knew about the quest. Just after several minutes of adventuring, you see an old man trying to fight another Minor Imp. He used “magic arrow” with his last scroll, and looks at you for a bit. Running, without even thinking, you join the battle and slice the imp. The minor imps were all around here. This was dangerous. The old man walks towards you, thanks you and then tells you about 2 spells (“Blaze” and “Fiery Blade” learnt!). He says that the demons are evolving, as they have gotten the Scroll of Wni. Just as he’s walking back to the village, he throws you something. You pick it up, and wrapped inside a leather rag, is a short dagger. You wave back to the old man, and equip the short dagger. You give the Sharp Stick to Eyr. After a couple more hours, it’s nearly too dark to journey any longer.

HP: 89/100 (Fighting with Imps -4)

Weapon/Armor:

Weapon: Short Dagger (1 Dmg,3X Crit Dmg)
Armor: Leather Armor (2 Def)

Inventory:

Leather – Nice of that man to give you the short dagger. I guess I’ll keep the leather.

Scrolls: 1

Rare Scrolls: 0

Spells Known:

Magic Arrow – A blast of mana dealing 8 dmg to your opponent (1,0)
Blaze – A burst of fire causing 15 dmg to your opponent. (2,0)
Fiery Blade – Next hit deals 2x dmg (1,0)

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 22/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Weapon: Sharp Stick (1 dmg) Armor: Bark Shield (1 def)
Scrolls: 0
Spells Known:
N/A

Choices Suggestions/ Character’s Thoughts ( you can make your own…these are suggestions):
Let’s set up camp.
I wanna see if I can get some scrolls…
Rest and recuperate, as they say. I need energy.

Tip from DragonArcherZ: Fiery Blade are particularly awesome when you have a weapon that makes critical do higher dmg, like the short dagger and the short katana.

Flag Post

Try to find some more scrolls.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

Try to find some more scrolls.

After some careful searching, you find 2 scrolls hidden in a treetrunk. It was getting very dark, so you and Eyr hide behind a wall of 3 trees. You were just about to let the tension go and relax, when you saw something. It was a Minor Imp. You were sure of it. They seemed to be hoarding the forest these days. You couldn’t sleep safely. You had to get the scrolls first. But what to do right now? You grip your weapon tightly, and think…

HP: 89/100

Weapon/Armor:

Weapon: Short Dagger (1 Dmg,3X Crit Dmg)

Inventory:

Leather – Nice of that man to give you the short dagger. I guess I’ll keep the leather.

Scrolls: 3

Spells Known:

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 22/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Weapon: Sharp Stick (1 dmg) Armor: Bark Shield (1 def)
Spells Known:
N/A

Choices Suggestions/ Character’s Thoughts ( you can make your own…these are suggestions):
Kill that thingy. Not like it’s strong anyway.
Why don’t I just blaze or magic arrow him?
Get out of here. Quick.
I have a bad feeling about this…
Note from DragonArcherZ: Blaze is better than Magic Arrow, because it only takes 1 cast to deal 15 dmg. Magic Arrow deals 16 dmg, but you have to cast it twice, therefore, longer casting time.

Flag Post

Blaze Arrow him

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheAznSensation:

Blaze Arrow him

~Battle

1 – Allies. You fire Blaze at him, and you catch a glimpse of surprise on his face. Idiot. Don’t underestimate people. Anyway, he was blasted of his feet, and drops his Assassin’s dagger.(5/20 HP – 15 dmg)

1 – Enemy. He reacts instantly, getting to his feet and walking cautiously towards, shocked that he’d be ambushed. Only 4 hours ago, he had persuaded a giant spider to attack an old man. This was the person who helped the old man, he thought. Getting his wooden sword out of the scabbard, He yells,“freeze!”, then does a quick strike. You get hit by it on the legs, tripping you over. (85/100 HP – 4 dmg)

2 – Allies. Eyr sees what your doing and he runs into battle and jabs him sharply on the head (3/20 HP). The Minor Imp lashes out, catching you unaware, as you watch Eyr. You go back into the battle and hit him with your short dagger (0/20 HP, 3 Dmg, Crit).

~Battle End

You search for the wooden sword and Assassin’s Dagger. Finding it at about midnight, you get exhausted. You take the Assassin’s Dagger and give the wooden sword to Eyr. You lazily throw the sharp stick, when a faint, deseperate cry for help catches your attention. Then you notice a dog-like animal fighting with a horde of Minor Imps. Then a small girl comes out of the bushes and blabbles to you and Eyr so fast, half of it sounded like total gibberish. She gives you 4 scrolls, says you needed it more than me, then hurriedly teaches you a spell (“Incineration” spell learnt!)The battle gets closer. Surely they could just run? Or could they? The animal, you and Eyr are suddenly surrounded by a whole army of them.“Arrogant creature. Not as strong as you thought huh? You think your so good surviving those little Minor Imps (The minor imps surrounding you shuffle uncomfortably), but I think your less than dog droppings”,someone sneers. A face lurks out. It was Denko, the demon of energy.

“That girl has caused me much trouble, eavesdropping my commands for the minions. She shall pay. If I had it from Enkai, that Scroll Of-nothing! Said nothing. Anyway, you (points at me and Eyr) have destroyed a few of my minions. You shall all prepare to die. And that dog with the poison fangs, kill him too. He has made several of my minions lying on the floor writhing in pain. Any last words?”, he smiles evilly.

HP: 85/100

Weapon/Armor:

Weapon: Assassin’s Dagger (2 Dmg, 3x Crit)

Inventory:

Scrolls: 5

Spells Known:

Incineration – Explosion of chaos, dealing 10 dmg to self, but causing anything near you losing 15 hp. (3,0)

Pets / Allies:

Weapon: Wooden Sword (2 dmg) Armor: Bark Shield (1 def)
Spells Known:
N/A

How to get out of here…
I can’t think…the situation is making me panic!
Calm down…if I just use some spells…
How many are there?
If I killed Denko…would they flee?
Oh boy…bad situation.

Flag Post

Also this decision can get you to survive, or die. This is very important, as there are lots of minions, and a real demon. If yun fight, that’s like suicide. But trying to run through hundreds of enemies…that’s out of the option I guess. Choose carefully…

Flag Post

Run into the middle of them and use Incineration.

Flag Post

Run into the middle of them and use Incineration.

I ran diabolically towards the middle, and put a pretend panic look on my face. In fact, I was panicing, but I had a plan. Denko laughed, saying,“Shadows will always dominate the world, young one. I admire your bravery, I do. But it is time, your foolishness is punished”. The imps charged, and you beckon the others to get out of range. Eyr understands, and he drags the creature and girl away, then begins fighting again. You use Incineration, and laugh at the shocked look that ripples through Denko’s face for a split second, but he recovers from it and sneers,“It’s just Incineration. I’ve got like 12 scrolls, and I could crush you into Cornflakes anytime”. Your incineration burns about 20 imps, that fell to the floor, weak of energy. Then you see out of the corner of your eye, you see Eyr lash out at a minor imp, and then being surprised from the back. He faints, and imps rush in, to capture him. Oh boy. One man down. Even so, you didn’t let yourself off guard and an imp paid the price by being thrown 3 meters in the air, and then stabbed by Assassin’s dagger to finish it off. The girl and animal are unconscious, due to an “energy blast: from Denko.”You cannot win against a demon, stupid one",said Denko, with a shadow of a smile,“Die…”. I realised how bad the situation I got into was, so I was lucky to be still standing, still fighting and not being corrupted by darkness. I heard Eyr groan from somewhere. At least he was alive, even if he had a rough hit. My courage was about to fail me, when I heard that dog-kind-of-animal leap up, and join me.“Ahahaha, a Acivog? You think that’s enough to stop me, a little Acivog, who’s acid can not match me, and claws not sharp enough to kill me? Do you have green sprouts for a brain?”,Denko mocked. That was it. I had enough of his silly insults. Now he’ll regret ever thinking I was an idiot. I snapped,“Just cause you have horse dung for a brain!”. He was about to retaliate when I got my Assassin’s Dagger out, and did a sudden uppercut. I thought that would knock the fight out of him, but he was quick all right. He got me back with a trip, an then headbutted me. I sliced at his Demonic Battlearmor (+13 def for those who want to know), but it barely had a scratch mark. In fact, in any case, it looked shinier. I closed my eyes and swore. God, I thought. What a situation. What kind of armor has he got? He caught me unaware, and I took the full impact of “Energy Meltdown”. I was blasted backwards, and hit a tree, and as the spell name suggests, I felt like my energy was melted down. I wanted to go home, and not worry about any of this. This was crazy. But I was in this, and the shadows would hunt me down for the rest of my life because I fought them. I cut his armor, again, in the same place, but only a small dent came. Then I had my chance. The acivog bit him on the place I had, and I saw the dent starting to form bigger, I used all my energy reserved, after being hit by Energy meltdown, and I slashed him. And a second later, I fainted. I don’t remember what happened in that crucial time, but I heard some evil laughter, and the Acivog bravely surviving. After about 30 mins, I woke up, to see the battlefield gone, and found myself in some sort of camp, in a small clearing in the forest. It took me a second to realise what happened.Wha-happened to the…Oh…right,captured by fainting. Screw that. The camp was relatively small, as many imps had been killed. I wonder if I could overpower my way through the remaining 30 imps. I nudged Eyr, and he said grimly,“Where’s the acivog?”. I couldn’t find him either. The girl, Eyr, and me were here. But he was gone. And then I heard Denko yell,“Guard the camp at all times. Do NOT let them escape. And kill that acivog. He made that battle last 10 more minutes, and wasted many of my troops.”. Oh great. Guard at all times? How do I get out of here…

HP: 39/100

Weapon/Armor:

Inventory:

Scrolls: 2

Spells Known:

Incineration – Explosion of chaos, dealing 10 dmg to self, but causing anything near you losing 15 hp. (3,0)

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 9/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Spells Known:
N/A

I’m stuck. Surrender man.
I need some scrolls.
Where’s Acivog?

Flag Post

Tell Eyr and the girl to go find Acivog while you create a distraction.
Run into the middle of the 30 imps and wait until they’re all around you and use incineration again.

Flag Post

Tell Eyr and the girl to go find Acivog while you create a distraction.
Run into the middle of the 30 imps and wait until they’re all around you and use incineration again.

You tell Eyr and the girl to find Acivog, while you create a distraction. You sneak to the imps guarding the camp, and you pickpocket a scroll. Then, you run to the center and then be sarcastic and make jokes. The imps attack, and you blaze them all, reducing them to nothing more then shrieks of pain. Denko hears it and sees what is happening.“What the…”, he begins, but you a short elbow jab and then a stab and a slice sends him flying back. He grabs his scrolls, and you understand what he was about to do. Screw Energy Meltdown you think. He sends 2 bolts, one on either direction, and then charges in. Great, stuck. Lose energy, or get stabbed and captured. Both are lethal. You decide to not choose any. Instead you choose the “Less Talk, Comeback man!”. You manage a flicker of a smile as you pretend pressing a big button saying Retaliate. You bring your Assassin’s Dagger and complete an uppercut as he reaches you, but he dodges, and you two clash into a fight. It lasted only seconds, even though it seemed like hours. You react to his kick, but he twists his hand and grips your sword. You elbow jab him, and he drops it, so how comes you feel he was smiling?Now you realise. It was a diversion. As you grab it, you feel your energy fading away. He had shot you with yet another Energy Meltdown. You realise 2 of his scrolls disappear, and 1 rare scroll! If you could get your hands on his remaining scrolls…that thought didn’t last long. With a beautiful kick to the right, and then a punch in the stomach, you crash into a tree, and are only faintly aware of what happens. Suddenly Acivog jumps out, and bites him. Denko tries to get him off, but he held on. You see him leaping everywhere, and Denko looking around, confused. With a smile, you fall into a gentle sleep. 5 minutes later, you wake up to the slushing water Eyr had poured over you.“What was that FOR?”, you demand. He replies,“you were snoring like a pig, and you didn’t even hear when yelled into your ear”.“The girl said, I must return to the village up north. Good luck on your journey”. You were sad to see her leaving, but you also grinned.“Just me and you”, I said to Eyr,“and this pesky little Acivog”. We heard a small energy ball heading towards us. Denko must have woken up from his brief unconsciousness, you think. Let’s get out of here.

HP: 39/100

Weapon/Armor:

Inventory:

Spells Known:

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 9/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Spells Known:
N/A

Get out of here!
Ambush him…
Get rid of that energy ball.

Flag Post

Head to the nearest town to see if you can heal up.

Flag Post

Head to the nearest town to see if you can heal up.

You run briskly to the village the girl went to up north, and when you find it you discover it to be flourishing with trade and happiness. That wasn’t gonna mantain when they find Denko following us, you think. As if on cue, a Energy Meltdown blasted Eyr on the back, and he fell onto some long grass, groaning. Denko came out behind a tree. And he didn’t talk. He just shot a wave of Repulsive Energy towards you, and when you realise what he was trying to do, you were too late. You were blasted backwards, and was going to fall towards the rocky ground, where Denko would finish him off. You just realised, you were several meters high. You’d probably die before he finished you anyway. That was when Acivog leaped in to the air, and slowed your fall. You admired Acivog, with his variety of skills. It had saved you many times before. And it had done it again. Denko leaped down from the cliff, and was about to use Energized Explosion, when Eyr, fell on top of him. Denko threw him off easily, then got ready to use the spell. You close your eyes, and realise how silent was. What happened to the village? Then you hear desperate struggling. You opened your eyes. And you saw the villagers helping, with the girl leading in front. You want to help, but you and Eyr are just so injured. And with every second that pass, the shadows were getting stronger. You close your eyes and allow yourself to enjoy a deep sleep. Several hours later, you awake to find villagers crowding around you. You get up, and see Eyr in the bed next to you. He was still laying motionless. You were too weak to get up, so you ask politely for something to eat. You were given some warm milk, with a few cookies and some bread. You thank them, then try not to eat too greedily. It was only then did you notice how hungry you were. You allow yourself to sleep a while more, then was waken up by the villagers. Eyr had awoken, but you heard the sturggling in his breathing. With every breath it took, he got tired. What to do now?

HP: 24/100 (Duel with Denko -35, Excellent Meal +10, Good Sleep +10)

Weapon/Armor:

Inventory:

Spells Known:

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 1/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Spells Known:
N/A

Gotta get up, get the rare scrolls and stop those pesky shadows!
Ask the villagers for some scrolls. I need all the help I can get.
Rest. Too hurt to fight. No need to hurry – Less speed, more haste.

Flag Post

Flag Post

You ask for some scrolls and gratefully accept them. One villager gave away a shocked look, but only for a split second. He then smiles sympathetically at you, but you know what you saw. A traitor wasn’t it? They did indeed have spies everywhere. You find him, and realise it is a Minor Imp in disguise. You kill it. The village thanks for that, and tells you to go visit Azure, a young student of the magic master,Kia.“I have been training for 2 months now, and know a variety of spells”,he says. You accept his help, and then go to the blacksmith. The blacksmith shows you some of the weapons and armor he had to offer, and you found the decision for new weapons very hard. He says you can take one of the weapons and armor for free.

Weapons:

Steel Sword – 5 dmg
Starburst Dagger – 2 dmg, X2 Crit, Chance Of Paralyze
Magic Staff – 1 dmg, Chance Of -1 Scroll Cost Of Spells
Brute Sword – 8 dmg, No Crit
Blast Staff – 1 dmg, Chance of +4 spell dmg

Armor:

Steel Armor – 3 def
Mortex Armor – 1 def, Chance of dealing 3 dmg back
Tank Armor – 5 def, Slow Speed
Lightning Leather Armor – 1 def, Fast Speed
Fortau Armor – 3 def, Chance of +3 def, Chance of 0 def

You smile at all the weapons and armor. But you feel sad you can choose one, what to choose though!

HP: 25/100 (+1 Minor Recuperation)
Weapon/Armor:

Inventory:

Scrolls: 6

Spells Known:

Pets / Allies:

Eyr (HP: 2/50), an adventurer who was attacked by giant spiders and got lost in the forest.
Spells Known:
N/A

Azure (HP: 30/30), a young magician who joined your small group, to fight the shadows.
Weapon: Wooden Staff (1 dmg, Chance of +1 spell dmg) Armor: Leather Robes (1 def)
Scrolls: 4
Spells Known:
Zap – A quick electric zap, dealing 10 dmg, chance to paralyze (2,0)
Blaze – A burst of fire causing 15 damage to your opponent (2,0)
Rock Shot – A heavy rock, hitting for 10 dmg, chance of 6 dmg (1,0)

Choices Suggestions/ Character’s Thoughts (you can make your own…these are suggestions):
What weapon to choose?
What armor to choose?
Maybe I could bargain another of those precious equipment for the leather I have.
Could sell leather for some scrolls?
After this, I should talk to the magic master.
After this, I should get something to help Eyr and me heal quicker…the shadows are strong.

Flag Post

Any replies?