[Sign-Ups] H-1 Bryd RPG (locked)

57 posts

Flag Post

Cut to Echar IV, a world just past it’s medieval stages… and ravaged by a planetary civil war of sorts. Sentient alien visitors to this planet refer to it as H-1 Bryd, an obvious pun on the word ‘hybrid’. Four dominant races exist on this planet – the Humans, as resourceful and cunning as they are on our Earth; the Chimaera, animal-human hybrids that have various traits derived from their non-human side; the Dragonborne, a specific kind of chimaera that broke off from the main group, and now sees every other species as abominations; the Parasect, a form of apparently undead parasite that has consumed everything in a large area of the planet, and retains an impressive hive mind sequence.

At this stage of the war, the humans are losing badly, retaining little more than an archipelago and a small section of the mainland under their control, which the chimaera dominate almost completely over. The dragonborne exist in an even smaller area than the humans, but seek to use something that would eliminate every other species in existence, whilst the Parasect slowly but surely consume mile after mile of the mainland as breeding grounds for their own, ever-increasing hordes.

Flag Post

In this RPG game, two characters from each species seek to achieve their own species’ goals, and to slow, or preferably stop, the goals and advances of every other species. To do this, they must work together with their teammates in order to defeat their foes and eventually realise their final goal.

Rules:
1. No godmodding, for obvious reasons.
2. You and your teammate may team up with the characters from a different species, but it is likely that such a teaming will eventually find one side killing the other. Also, the Parasect are pretty much ‘alien’ to the other species, and so are likely to not actually be sideable with, depending on how I feel on that particular day.
3. Travel must take a good amount of time – no ‘I set off on my quest, and one minute later I reach my needed location’. You may, for this purpose, say things such as ‘The next day, X happens’, but it would be preferable if you would try to keep at least three posts between locations. Since, you know, you’re going to be travelling across a large expanse of land. Battle sequences with random members of another species can also work.
4. No arguing with any decisions I make.
5. If a rule is broken, at all, you immediately get a strike. Five strikes = instant modkill.
6. If you achieve something worthy of any significant notice by me, I will grant you some bonuses in the next game of mine that you join. The specifics of these bonuses will be decided by me at the end of the game. See post 8 for an example, and an important notice.
7. If you do not post for at least a week, I will get someone else to take your place with your character. Arguing with this will get you an instant ban from any other games I make at my discretion.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you cannot keep a commitment to this game, or otherwise feel that you will not be able to post at least once every three days, DO NOT SIGN UP FOR IT.

Flag Post

Human
Name:
Appearance:
Weaponry (keep it post medieval; maximum of two melee, or one melee and a shield, and one ranged):
Armour/Clothing (see above):
Spells (none initially; can be learned along the way):
History (optional):

Chimaera
Name:
Appearance:
Hybrid Animal(s) (no more than three allowed):
Derived Traits (maximum of six combat-oriented traits):
Weaponry (can include traits as well as human clothing, but keep things realistic; again, no more than two melee/one melee and a shield and one ranged):
History (optional):

Dragonborne
Name:
Appearance:
Scale Colour: Any from Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple or Orange
Weaponry (preferably claws, but can use human weaponry; if they decide to do so, no more than two melee/one melee and a shield and one ranged):
Armour/Clothing (scales provide most protection already; no armour better than leather):
History (optional):

Parasect
Given Number (in the format XXX-XXXX-XXXXX):
Class: Any from Biped, Quadruped, Insectoid, Arachnoid or Humanoid
Appearance (nothing bigger than 10 metres in any dimension):
Weaponry (biological only, for obvious reasons, but since this is the case, you’re allowed as many as will fit in or on your body, which should be one for every limb not used for walking, one for the mouth and perhaps a defensive thing involving the whole body):
Armour(see above):

Flag Post

Signed Up Players
Removed; see post 20 for the beginning of the revised list.

Flag Post

World Map/Guide

Flag Post

How do you play?

Flag Post

Not many people signing up here, huh? Also, important note from my previous game:

gandalf, for obtaining a four night kill streak, you get one perk of your choice from a preset list in the next game of mine that you join.
Minnakht, for being the overall winner of Serialistic Mafia, you get one perk of your choice from a preset list and one perk that I will choose for you in the next game of mine that you join.

Flag Post

Parasect

Given number : 989-9876-56789
Class :Arachnoid
Appearance : 3 metres long,1 metre tall,4 metres wide[including legs],and a black body with a round head with 2 “horns” where a humans ears would be.His/her legs have tough bristles that can withstand bludgeon weaponry rather easily,but prone to cutting weapons
Weaponry : acid-like spit produced from a special organ,can go through metal for about a hour per inch.There are also very small spikes all over his/her body,the largest at the tip of the legs
Armor :A rather beetle-like exo-skeleton

Flag Post

Nice example, kash, but it’d be preferable if you gave a bit more information in your appearance (e.g. green, spiked body, etc.). You don’t necessarily have to, but again, it’d be nice for explanations.

Flag Post

Chimaera
Name:Richard
Appearance:red body with blue stripes 6feet 7 inches tall Lion head in middle snake of right wolf on left.
Hybrid Animal(s) Lion Snake Wolf
Derived Traits Strong Intelligent fast
Weaponry claws,Tail,Biting,Poison spiting,(Fire if possible)
Armour/Clothing Battle armor on body
History (optional):

Flag Post

Human.
Name: Algird Rudzinsk
Appearance: Blue Eyes, Dark Hair, no beard or moustache, a bit tall and of average weight.
Weaponry (keep it post medieval): Scimitar (Melee), bow and arrow (Ranged). If only 1 weapon is allowed, then Crossbow.
Armour/Clothing (see above): Reinforced leather armor.
History (optional):

Flag Post

Oh damn, I’ma hafta join now. Couple questions. What do you want the chimaeras to look like? Are they traditional DnD chimaeras, or are they more like Full Metal Alchemist chimaeras? Or something in between? Cause I’m definitely gonna be a chimaera.

Flag Post

Dragonborne
Name: Blaze
Appearance: Bigger dragon, Tall, Spikes going down back and tail, Medium sized horns, Red Eyes, And has wings….
Scale Color: Red
Weaponry: Claws
Armour/Clothing: Scales
Spells: none
History (optional): Thinking of one…

Flag Post

[This game looks amazing BC…]

Dragonborne
Name: Renneth
Appearance: A medium-sized dragon. Has rather long limbs though, and has extremely sharp claws. Has small, yet sharp spikes protruding from shoulders and tail. Has a very long tail. Large, leather wings. Has yellow eyes.
Scale color: Green
Weaponry: Myself
Spells: N/A
History: I remember the day of the fallout. When we broke ranks from the other Chimaera, and forged our own path. I was part of the fight; ruthlessly ripping out the throats of those who used to be my friends, but now attacked me. I fought along side my kin, Vantrod. The moment is scarred into my memory. Watching him get killed, and not being able to help him. There were just so many. I survived though. And I waited.
Now, the time for my revenge has come. And I am ready. I will slaughter them all.

Flag Post

Never mind, guess I should have READ THE FIRST POST.
Chimaera
Jacques
Appearance: An unusual chimaera, my human origins are nearly invisible. I am a cross between a gorilla, eagle, and a squid. (I’m gonna let you come up with your own image there. :P)
Derived traits: Can fly, and breathe underwater. Also have a nearly unbreakable grip, thanks to suckers on my hands and feet. Have claws on my fingers and toes that are always kept incredibly sharp. Have nearly 360 vision, only blind spots directly at front and back. Even then, you have to get within five feet to get out of my peripheral. Have cartilage rather than bone, so not only am I incredibly flexible, but my bones don’t usually snap.
Weaponry: Carry a large axe with me everywhere, but only use it in extreme situations. I prefer a more….. hands on approach.
Armour/Clothing: Absolutely none, save a small loincloth. Well, small in relation to the rest of his body, but pretty big, I guess.

Flag Post

Human

Name: No name is given to me but often I am counted by the locals as a Ranger
Appearance:Often covered in mud and dirt, doesn’t speak much
Weaponry: Sgian Dhu, Bow and Arrows
History (optional): I have told no one. Mostly folk worry about the outside world rather than my own story

Flag Post

Where’s that perk list, BTW?

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

World Map/Guide

Can I make the map? I’ll keep it exactly as it is just make stuff like the coastline and whatnot look a little better

Flag Post

You may remake the map, kingboo. Also, adding two four posts of signed up people, because the other list broke.

Human 1: Mebomb
Human 2: kingboo19

Flag Post

Chimaera 1: Richard91
Chimaera 2: gandalf5166

Flag Post

Dragonborne 1: boomyfun
Dragonborne 2: Fogfun

Flag Post

Parasect 1: kashuushian1542
Parasect 2: randomturtle

Also, guys, when I said you had no spells initially, I did mean it, although I may allow you to learn spells specific to your species when the game starts depending on what species you are; boomyfun, please change your scale colour to one of the six I detailed.

Flag Post

Sorry i always fail at sign ups :(
Fixd

Flag Post

BC, how many weapons are allowed? So I would know what will I use.

Flag Post

Mebomb, see the sign-ups post for humans to see how many weapons you are allowed.
Gandalf, you are allowed to pick one extra derived trait for yourself from the following list: Strong Hearing, Good Sense of Smell, Silent-Footed, Extra Strength, Extra Speed, Third Eye. Alternatively, you can choose to be given one extra spell at the beginning of the game, chosen by me.