Forum Game Guide

9 posts

Flag Post

I’ve seen that there are many new people making games no one seems to play, so I thought that I’d make this for new players. There are many different kinds of games.

Role-Playing
Also called RP, these games focus on player interaction, and often have unique sign-up sheets. I’ll show you an example below.

Name: This is the one thing that is always consistent with sheets. Your name in the RP.
Appearance: What your character looks like.
Weapon: What weapons your character uses, often in fighting games.
Bio: A Mini-Biography of events that occured to your character before the game.

There are often additional details, such as element, or class. There are many different types of RP.

Survival

Your character must survive a catastrophe, like a Nuclear Winter, often by completing tasks like securing a Food Storage Bunker.

Futuristic

Your character is in a futuristic area, with futuristic technology, aliens, etc.

Zombie

Your character must survive a Zombie Outbreak, or a similar event. Usually involves some combat, as the undead as often violent.

Midevial

Your character lives in midevial times, with technology and dress of that era.

RPG

The game has elements of RPG’s, such as weapons, character charts, and the like. Like in Dungeons and Dragons.

Fantasy

The game has elements of Fantasy games, like Time Travel, Magic, and Talking Animals. Usually has several different abilities for players to choose from.

Puzzle

Characters must complete a series of puzzles, one after the other. Characters are often given abilities which allow them to complete certain puzzles, or pass certain obstacles.

Often, Role-Playing Games have multiple types, like Futuristic-Puzzle. You have to make sure the genres you blend mix well, otherwise people may see your game as childish, and not want to play.

Flag Post

Choose Your Own Adventure

These types of game put the player in a situation where the game-maker narrates, and may give the player options to choose from, or may make them think of things on their own, like an Adventure game. They can range from any situation, to any setting. A good game has the maker updating at least daily, if not more.

Mafia

This is one of the more popular game types. Mafia games have day and night phases.
During day phases, players vote to decide who to kill, or lynch, for that day. During night
phases, characters perform their night actions, if any, by private messaging the game
maker. If a player is killed by a Mafia member, it is called a Night Kill, or NK for short. In a
basic Mafia, there are two groups, Townie and Mafia. The roles usually have townie roles
being things like normal townies, who vote during the day and have no night actions, a
Mayor, who has two votes, and has no night actions, and Cops, who vote during the day
and can choose to investigate someone at night, learning their role. Standard Mafia roles
are a Mafia Member, who votes during the day and makes Night Kills during the Night, and
a Mafia Godfather, who knows all Mafia Members and chooses which one will perform a
Night Kill by private messaging the game maker. Mafia games can have many variations, or
can be based on an entirely different game, like my own Metroid Mafia

Flag Post

Werewolf

A common Mafia game, it has one player slowly killing off the other players during night phases, with the other players trying to find the werewolf.

Game Related

While not an actual game thread, you could make a game-related thread if you wanted to ask about how people would react to a game, and perhaps hold a forum-city council, where you poll people asking what games they would like to see, and base your game from that. If you already have an idea and you want to go through with it, just make the game sign-ups (Or the agme thread if it doesn’t need sign-ups) instead of a Game-related thread.

So, now that you’ve read all of that, I’ll just post a few facts you should know about the games.

• Forum Games wasn’t always it’s own Forum. If everyone abuses this Forum, it will likely be outsorced back to the Off-Topic Forum.
  • You can only have one open game thread at a time. To lock a thread, meaning that no one can post in it again, click the edit post button to the left of your first post. Then, click the red delete post button on the far left.

Flag Post

I believe it’s spelt ‘medieval’, not ‘midevial’. Also, well done.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

I believe it’s spelt ‘medieval’, not ‘midevial’. Also, well done so far.

I’m making it partially because kashu made one, but the format became horribly buggy from having too many words in the post.

Flag Post

I has one of these in my directory, but yours is more detailed ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheAznSensation:

I has one of these in my directory, but yours is more detailed ^^

Everyone was commenting that Kashus should be stickeyed, so I felt that I should put forth all my effort to make this quality, if it ever gets stickeyed.

Flag Post

This is what we have the Forum Game Q&A for, but you have any suggestions on things I should add to it please tell me. I’ve been thinking of expanding it a bit lately.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marh:

This is what we have the Forum Game Q&A for, but you have any suggestions on things I should add to it please tell me. I’ve been thinking of expanding it a bit lately.

I think if you can unlock the thread and quickly make some reserved posts, you should give a more detailed description about various types of RP’s, and post a few other types of games, like the Choose Your Own Adventure