Scavenge 1.5 (Game) (locked)

117 posts

Flag Post

Oh hi.
I was thinking of a new game to put on this awesome for but couldn’t think of any, until I saw that there was a lack of a labyrinth game. So here’s one!
The half-sequel to the first sucksess, the storyline starts when ten people in a group explore a hidden cavern in the Andes Mountains somewhere. The team originally decide to stick together, but found It better to split up for greater gain of money. However, when the sparkles and thought of being rich came into mine, they knew what they had to do…
Welcome to Scavenge 1.5! This is basically the same game as before, except much more revised. The goal of the game is simple. To win, you either have to:
Be the last one standing, or
Exit with the most cash.

Sign-up Sheet

[Name]
[Job]

Rules

There are 3 rules:
1. Don’t type anything that would make you look either retarded or idiotic if you died once you finished it.
2. Be active. On the computer on this thread I mean.
3. Obey rules 1,2, and 3.

Job

1 Leader (Has 150 HP instead of 100) (0 left)
2 Assistants (Start with a screwdriver, hammer, and nails) (0 left)
2 Looters (Loot is worth 10% more) (0 left)
1 Defender (Starts with a bronze shield and +1 Def) (1 left)
1 Carrier (Load increases 25%) (0 left)
1 Guard (Does 25% better with melee weapons) (1 left)
1 Technical Person (Does 25% better with ranged weapons) (0 left)
1 Bomber (Does 25% better with explosive weapons) (1 left)

Gameplay

Along the Game, you may encounter events and other cool stuff. Such events include:
Battling generic monsters
Acquiring awesome cash dollars
Being killed, injured, malfected, or harmed
Stabbing people in the throat and stealing from them
And a some lot more. However, you must learn more about the items and events before you kill yourself.
Ready?

Weapon

A weapon is defined as a tool used to injure or harm a living being. Weapons are really cool in this game, and you can equip a total of three weapons:
1 melee weapon (Such as a knife, sword, malice or fist)
1 ranged weapon (Such as a gun, bow and arrow, javelin or rock)
1 explosive (Such as a grenade, time bomb, dynamite or bottle rocket)
You can carry more, but after these three, the items use up some of your load (explained later). Some items, as well as inflict damage, can inflict a status on your opponent (Also explained later). Weapons inflict a certain amount of damage, determined by your Strength, the opponent’s defense, and the weapon’s damage, along with any attacking bonuses. To attack, say “I attack <opponent> with <weapon>

Tools

Tools are any device, item, or “thing” that provides a physical benefit for a user(s). Tools include Crowbars, nails, hammers, a piece of paper, a pencil, and just about any food item (except cake). Tools are scattered across the caverns, and they can provide access to newer items and loots. If you want to use an item, say “Use <item>”. Some tools can double as weapons, however they become unusable after one attack them. Only attack with tools as a last resort.

Loot

Besides being the main reason for being in the caves, loot is vital for your shot at victory. Loot will not take up load (except item loot, which does). Any loot will be given an immediate value. Any item loot has an approximate value that will be determined by an RNG (Random Number Generator).

Stats

Stats are your physical and mental values. Your stats can determine whether you win or lose a battle, what you can hold, or even if you win the game or not. Your stats will want to be as high as possible, because, you know, it helps a lot if they are.

Health

The amount of damage you can take before you die. Basically, you start with 100.

Strength

Your strength adds extra damage to a weapon’s base damage. Your strength can also be used to do physical tasks.

Defense

Your defense deducts damage done by an opponent. Your Defense*10 determines your evasion chance against melee and ranged weapons (Explosives are not affected by evasion chances)

Load

Load is the amount of items you can hold. Every item, with the exception of the three weapons and loot, has a number of load, ranging from 0-75. Usually, items with higher load tend to be better. You start with a base load of 100, and it increases as you get items.

Conditions

Conditions or “statuses”, are effects that either have a beneficial or dangerous effect on you. All Conditions are temporary, unless you are holding an item that provides a condition. Conditions can be acquired by certain events, weapons, or foods and consumables. There is a huge list of them down below.

Beneficial

Stat-Up

Usually brought up by items, Stat-Ups allow users to raise their stats depending on the item. Stat-Ups can be temporary or permanent, depending on whether it is a consumable or a holding item.

Adrenaline

Always a temporary stat, it lets you always attack first in a battle (If both enemy and player have Adrenaline, then the attacker has the first strike)

Cleanse

A cleanse is an item that eliminates negative effects. This is a temporary item, however there are a few items that give immunity from one type of effect.

Rage

When your health is at 5% or lower, you enter a rage state, where your strength is quintupled and melee weapons do triple damage. However, you cannot receive any health benefits for the amount of time after rage (3 turns).

Malficial

Blind

Usually caused with something coming in contact with the eyes, a blind moves in random directions and defenses are chopped in half (This lasts a short time, ranging from 1-2 turns)

Break

A break prevents the user from using any ranged weapons. Lasts 1 turn.

Burn

Usually caused by a hot substance coming into contact with the skin, a burn triggers damage equal to 3% of the user’s max health. A burn is nullified once a battle is over, you die, use an item, or 20% of your health remains.

Confuse

A confuse is a status is basically a blind, except you pick up 75% less loot. Confuses always last 2 turns.

Curse

A curse doubles the chance of a dangerous event. Basically put.

Deep Freeze

A much more potent Freeze. While it does all the abilities as a freeze, the person is immobilized. This downgrades to a freeze after 1-3 turns.

Freeze

A freeze cuts strength and defenses by 25%. A freeze takes a long time to get over, ranging from 4-8 turns.

Fright

Fright increases the damage taken by an event by 100%. A fright wears off once a battle ensues or a negative event happens.

Poison

A poison inflicts 5 damage every turn. You can recover from this after an item is used or 5 turns has gone by.

Stun

A stun prevents a user from using any melee weapons. User also has a 50% chance of not being able to attack. Wears off in 2 turns.

Terror

Nullifies any health recoveries. Lasts around 4 turns. A terror can only be caused by an event.

That’s basically it. Happy playing!

Flag Post

Starting Moves:
1. Vladmir [Technician]
West
East
South
2. Curzov [Assistant]
North
West
East
3. Toby [Leader]
North
West
4. Kash [Assistant]
North
West
5. Samuel [Carrier]
North
South
East
6. Kranix [Looter]
West
South
7. Jake [Looter]
North
South
West
8. Eric [Guard]
East
West
South
9. Verdil [Bomber]
South
West

Flag Post

Stats
(Any item bolded is a weapon.)

1. Vladmir [WoofieTheSecond] (FRIGHT 1 turns)

Health: 100
ATK: 1
DEF: 1
Load: 20/100
Loot: $500

Items:

Fist: 0.5 base dmg
Treasure Box

2. Curzov [Undeadcupcake3]

Load: 0/100
Loot: $0

Items:

Knife: 1 base dmg
Screwdriver: Tool
Hammer: Tool
Nails (5): Tool

3. Toby [walfordking]

Health: 150
Loot: $200

Items:

4. Samuel [SilentSam] (POISON 1 turns)

Health: 60
ATK: 1.5
DEF: 2
Load: 10/125
Loot: $1,096

Items:

M2 Flamethrower: 20 base damage (100% of burn)
Astral dust
Aloe
Caffiene
Rope (30ft)
Helmet
Bronzium Key
6 Matches
Ward
Bag of Charcoal
Grenade

5. Kash [kashuushian1542]

Health: 83
Loot: $282

Items:

Crimson Claymore: 6 base dmg (20% burn chance, +20% against metal armor, and 100% against freeze)
Screwdriver: Tool
Hammer: Tool
Nails (5): Tool
Obsidian Fist
Hypodermic Needle
Green Liquid
Silver Liquid
Potent Elixir

6. Kranix [Kranix]

Load: 8/100
Loot: $200

Items:

Machete: 4 base dmg (Ignores defense)
6 shotgun bullets

7. Jake [gandalf5166](DEAD) (10th place)

8. Eric [Fogfun] (ADRENALINE 2 turns)(ATK STAT UP 1 turns)

Health: 65
ATK: 2
Load: 2/100
Loot: $2,337

Items:

Scythe: 6 base dmg (2% of instakill)
GP 35: 5 base damage (5 bullets)
Venom Tonic
Sulfur
OBSH $20 gift card

9. Verdil [EliwoodX]

Health: 66.5
Load: 4/100
Loot: $188

Items:

Short Sword: 2 base dmg
SG 550 15 base dmg, cannot miss (3 bullets)
Bottle of Spicy Tabasco Sauce (1)

10. Algird [Mebomb]

DEF: 5
Load: 10/100
Loot: $1,623

Items:

Longsword: 7 base dmg
Harpoon Gun (1 time use:Does 40 damage. Add 10 damage for every status effect on the opponent, does double damage on Poisoned, and instakills if you are in a rage state)
Bronze Shield (3 DEF)
Mega Juice

Flag Post

Bestiary:

Damaged Skeleton

Health: 5
ATK: 0.75
DEF: 0
Gold: 100-400 (4% of 900-1200)
Weapon:
30% of Dagger
40% of Short Sword
25% of Sword
5% of Claymore
Items:
100% of held weapon
80% of Onyx
10% of Questionable Liquid
4% of Grenade
2% of Diamond
1% of C4

Mini Rock Golem

Health: 7
ATK: 2.3
DEF: 6
Gold: 200-500 (2% of 2000-2600)
Weapon:
100% of fist
Items:
80% of Obsidian Fist
30% of Potent Elixir
10% of Glass Jar
5% of Sapphire

Flag Post

North

Flag Post

I’ll go west.

[Also, you listed Woolfie twice.]

Flag Post

[Lol fog, it’s like MOTB but very… complicated. Sounds like a good game sfx, i sadly won’t join because I’m trying to cut back on forum games because of school.]

Flag Post

Moving southwards to begin my (Verdil’s) journey!

Flag Post

[Yeah, I know it’s like MoTB, only more complicated.]

Flag Post

I move westwards, on the lookout for any wild animals or members of the expidition.

Flag Post

[Verdil]
You walk southbound. Breathing the nice musty air, you look around the cavern you’re in. You see a partially-eaten Sub sandwich and some Tabasco Sauce. Curious of why these items are here, you hypothesize that other people have tried to get some of the treasure too. You get a few shivers. You hope you don’t end up like them. You search around but can’t find anything. You sit down and investigate the sub-sandwich. You smell a mold around it. You immediately throw it into a wall and back away. Who knows what kind of toxins are in there! At least you scored a sweet bottle of Tabasco.

Items won:
1 bottle of Spicy Tabasco Sauce (3 load)
$0

Damage Taken:

Possible Directions:
North
South
West

[Eric]
You stumble west. Upon entering, you smell a strange scent. You smell it growing stronger, more pungent the more you get closer…you look behind a rock spire and you see… Sulfur! How you found sulfur in this cave is a mystery, but you found sulfur. A good fist-sized piece of it too! You stuff it in your bag and smell the bad odor of victory. It’s a small one, anyways.

Items:
Sulfur (2 load)
$0

Damage Taken:

Directions:
North
South
East
West

[Samuel]
You walk into a room. You notice a sparkle in the corner of the area. You find…a few gold pieces! must be some Chilean Treasure or something…but you have it! You start to feel good about this cave now…maybe all that danger was a myth…You count the coins and estimate the value of them to be around $130. You jam them in your pocket. You’re curious if all the others are okay.

Items:
$130

Damage Taken:

Directions:
North
South

Flag Post

I keep moving southwards, looking for any items to procure, other expedition members, and any other points of interest.

Flag Post

I go north.

Flag Post

I will respond to your posts tommorrow morning. I apologize, but I have homework stacked on me. Sorry.

Flag Post

Continue North

Flag Post

I do not move, he didn’t list my westbound move T_T

Flag Post

I have enough time for an update! Yay!

[Vladmir]
You Proceed west. You look around the room, looking for anything. You find a miniature box, almost like a safe, behind a spire while investigating the area. It appears to be a crude steel metal box, with a five digit lock. No matter how much you try, you can’t get It open. Maybe there are some clues that’ll help solve the box. There are rubies glued to the top, however, and you’re efforts to scrape them off were unsuccessful. Sometimes you do wish you were an assistant.

Items:
Treasure box (20 load)
$0

Directions:
South
West
East

[Eliwood]
You walk forth. You hear movement in the other room. You see a dark shadow. An evil dark shadow. An aura so known by you you barely even notice it. You walk toward it in a defense pose and come across:

A Damaged skeleton!

Note that all enemies drop gold and some drop items
Skeleton: 5/5 Health
Weapon: Short Sword

What Do you do?

Attack (Attack once, be attacked once)
Auto attack (Attack and be attacked until one dies)
Use item (Tabasco Sauce)
Retreat (Run to a random location)

[Eric]
You walk North. You see, in the middle of the cavern, a glimmer of gold holding down a piece of paper. You first look at the gold, with it’s worth being around $110, but the paper is the most interest you’re in. You see a poem, a small one, and you read it:

“Do not
openly speak to the spirit in the temple;
No one may awaken him, and
those who do will face a most
gore-ridden punishment.
Over to your left, safety may be
waiting, but don’t stay
enormously long; a
smart man may find
the clue within.”

With reading this, you stuff it in your pocket for future reference.

Items:
$110

Directions:
North
West

[Samuel]
You proceed North. Immediately, you see a pedestal atop a raised stone platform. On this pedestal you see a sack. It looks as if it was filled with a powder, but you are unsure, from this 10ft distance. A trap may be put in, but you have no idea to what it is. There is a 30ft roll of rope nearby, Along with a few stones. What do you do?

Run to get it.
Formulate a plan to get it (You have to think of one yourself)
Get out of the room and travel:
North
East

Flag Post

Try and use the rope to lasso the sack off of the pedestal.

Flag Post

Samuel’s attempt has knocked the bag off of the pedestal, but is too small to lasso and too far to reach.

Flag Post

Well, if you really don’t want me to go west…

I’ll go north.

Flag Post

I auto attack the Damaged skeleton with my Knife! Until of course, my life drops to around 50.

Flag Post

1 moar update until tomorrow:

Eric
You proceed north, and almost immediately, you notice a sparkling blue underground lake. Relatively small, you scoop up the water with your hands and drips like beats down into the lake.

What do you do?

Drink.
Don’t Drink and go:
North
South
East
West

Verdil
You autoattacked and won! You lost 7.5 Health from the battle. You have received:
$188
A short sword
Onyx (1)
You equip the short sword.
It feels very smooth in your hands.
You also investigate the Onyx. It has a ghastly figure on it, which makes you jump back. You hear a silent demonic laugh. You remind yourself never to pick that stuff up again.

Items:
Short Sword
$188

Health lost:

You have been cursed! Harmful event chances are doubled! (3 turns)

Directions:
North
West
South

Flag Post

Could you explain thagt again? I didn’t really understand it. What happens when I scoop up the water?

Flag Post

I go south.

Flag Post

West.