Master Thread page 389

12716 posts

Flag Post

Yes. Just remove those old crones and replace them!

Also, please kindly remove the Isle of Elements from the Illegal game list. It has already got enough approvification.

Flag Post

I have to agree mystery.. You should remove the inactive ones.

Flag Post

I would apply for editorship but i am too lazy :D

Flag Post

I wouldn’t mind being an editor
I have seen how everything works and i think i could be active enough.

Flag Post

Mewants to be an editor. But I can only start being extremely active beginning November 1st. I might be completely away from Kong between the 15th and 30th Oct.
Where do I apply?

Flag Post
Originally posted by ForumGames:
Here are the requirements:
  • HTML Capability, if you don’t know how to, go here;
  • FGF Regular;
  • approved by current editors;
  • must have good grammar;
  • must have our personal trust;
  • willing to volunteer to contribute to updating/editing/fixing constantly.
  • Must be sexy, like us. ;)

I am doing an IT coruse at college so i should learn about the HTML soon
I have been a regular since day 1
Approved by current editors: X
Must have good grammer: it is improving and any minor mistakes i make could be edited
Must have our personal trust: I am not sure who trust me but i am fairly certain i won’t do anything stupid.
I am willing to do the updating and everything.

So after my multiple times of asking over the years,
Can I be a MFGFT editor?

Flag Post

I have

4 and
6 under my thumb.

1, not really, 3, nupp yet, 5 no way, and 7. I wish.

Flag Post
Originally posted by S_98:

I have

4 and
6 under my thumb.

1, not really, 3, nupp yet, 5 no way, and 7. I wish.

Lol.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

India, November 21st.

Originally posted by hamuka:

Hungary.

Oh, and the P/T ratio increased to 96,58. Just for randomness.

Added. Several statistics updated. The General Thread is still the most posted thread, while The List retains its Most Viewed status. The P/T ratio has gone up to 96.61 (whoa, I thought it would never increase again, lol).

Isle of Elements has been, on that note, removed from Illegal Games (hurray!) and added under the Vote/CYOP genre (with a very crappy placeholder description).

Originally posted by Mysterymason:

Hey, guys, I think we need a refresh of the editors. Lots of the current editors are hardly on anymore and I feel that there are a lot of active new guys about that could most probably help to increase activity in this thread. What does everyone think?

Not a bad idea, really. I also suggest not really culling the old editors, but introducing a symbol to represent that they are inactive (something like @). There seems to be ample interest regarding editorship among the regs, and I can’t say I wouldn’t want to have an extra pair of hands on board just to speed things up a bit.

The simplest way to apply is via PMing the FG account, and after we’ve got enough (even 1 might suffice) applications, the existing editors will have a bit of chitchat to decide on the best candidate(s), who will be sent the password to this account (as well as marked with a ceremonial seal of editorship. I know you can’t see mine, but it is placed in a rather, uh, hidden spot).

If Mystery, Bluji and Tai (I think that’s all the active editors, though Minn might also be around) has no problems, we can start receiving applications now.

- AN

Flag Post

READ!

So, I have nothing against new editors, but some people’s attitudes are something that will automatically make me reject. I dunno what the other editors say, but I also do think that we should set some kind of a line on how long people must be regulars to be able to apply for the editor position. Want your opinion, fellow colleagues!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

READ!

So, I have nothing against new editors, but some people’s attitudes are something that will automatically make me reject. I dunno what the other editors say, but I also do think that we should set some kind of a line on how long people must be regulars to be able to apply for the editor position. Want your opinion, fellow colleagues!

True dat.
Like… I trust some of the newbie FGFers that have big post counts and stuff… but I reckon people that’ve been here longer should be of higher priority.

Flag Post

If Bluji doesn’t mean me, I’d apply? But I have nothing to say except actually a hi.
Hold on, I’ll think something up.

Flag Post

How do you find out the P/T ratio?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

READ!

Well i’m not an editor but… does it matter how long you are a regular? IMO if they are willing to do the job right and are dedicated to it then it doesn’t matter how long they have been a regular.

Flag Post

If anyone says anything about minimum post count to be an editor, they can get screwed. I’ve been here over a year but some people stay here a week and have more post counts than me. Length of time is good. Post count is bad.

Flag Post

I really wouldn’t want to see someone who’s been here a month to get into a position which took some people quite a long time to get to.

Flag Post

I already applied, I think, a month ago?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

You already said the answer. P/T.

EDIT: Unless you mean

Flag Post
Originally posted by REALinsanemonkey:

If anyone says anything about minimum post count to be an editor, they can get screwed. I’ve been here over a year but some people stay here a week and have more post counts than me. Length of time is good. Post count is bad.

1. Can they do the job right?
2. Are they a regular?
3. Are they dedicated?
these should be more priority than longevity (although i do agree post count doesn’t matter)
Because if somebody is here a long time but they can’t do the job and there is a new regular who can… who would you pick?

Flag Post

3. I would find for other options or wait a while. And as I said already:

I really wouldn’t want to see someone who’s been here a month to get into a position which took some people quite a long time to get to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Woon1957:
Originally posted by GottaAskTheMan:

You already said the answer. P/T.

EDIT: Unless you mean

Ah. Okay. Silly me. >.<

Flag Post

Guys, I really think this is an unneeded argument. I believe there is a clause in there that says the editors must have our “Personal trust”. While that doesn’t mean that we trust you guys to, say, take us out to McDonalds every weekend or something, it does mean that we need to know you well enough so we can rest assured that you will not do something silly like declaring the password in OT or deleting the OPs or replacing our names with the names of MLP characters in the List of Editors or making all of our birthdays be on 32nd August or changing all game descriptions to “It sucks, don’t play it please” or changing the password to something like “lockedthemallout!” and stopping all communication or…

You get the idea. Also, a PM to the FG account is a better way of applying than on the thread. It lets us view your resume at leisure and also makes it easier for us to sue you if required for violation of terms of service

EDIT: If it wasn’t clear, I wouldn’t trust, say, developous as an editor (despite him being a long term regular). This isn’t about being here for a long time. It is about how you will deal with power, even if it’s only titular and means more responsibilities on your back when you’d rather be doing something more fun.

Flag Post

or making all of our birthdays be on 32nd August

But I thought that was your birthday.

(sorry, I couldn’t resist)

Flag Post

STOP SPAMMING THE MASTER THREAD.
This thing about new editors has been an annoying discussion that took over the master thread many times before now, and only on one occasion did anything actually happen to change the current editors. So please just SHUuuuuUUT UUUuup.

Flag Post

Please change Survivor Quantem’s Placeolder Desc. to

Seven on Seven teams in a game compition, filled with your daily dose of; backstabs, twists, merges, switches, and more. Only on…Season One of Survivor!

Also, the sign-ups have closed