Master Thread page 405

12796 posts

Flag Post

Hello!
I was going through the Continuous games and I saw the The Story of Randomness forum thread, which has currently been locked.
Does this mean it can be taken off the list now?

Flag Post

“RaceBandit’s Storm of Chaos” has begun! You may still sign up as a reserve, though.

Flag Post

Tai here, editing the thread, will update this post on what I did so far. Other editors, please use this post as a log for today too, since I don’t have time as power to manage all of the updates.

Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Risk: Earth! I has began.

Done.
Removed Cop Mafia By Bluji because it’s locked.

EDIT:
I also seem to fked something up in the Stragedy sub of the games, – if your game isn’t in it, please tell me.- The games ARE in the sourcetext, but don’t show up. Other editors please help. Do I have something wrong, cause some link redirect me to this thread.

Flag Post

Not sure if anybody’s still talking about this, but for the current MFGF thread, I think people running continuous games should still need to ask for approval for a second game. Even if we did stomp out the loophole of making ANOTHER continuous game, it would still encourage continuous games, which, while fun, generate a lot of spam and push other games to the bottom.

As another solution, we COULD have one public profile for continuous games… the Editor profile could even do this. They would, with permission, remake continuous game threads and credit the original user (It would essentially be his without taking a game slot.) and people could request continuous games. It could work on a rotational slot basis, depending on what people want, and how many requests there are. This would help to regulate said games, and allow people with an idea for a continuous game to still run an RP.

Of course, people can still make continuous games if they want, but a lot of people will probably go with the MFGF-hosted ones. Input?

Also, new topic to add to the que:

There have been many malicious people in FGF, trying to bring it down, and the number of integral or skilled people is drying up.

We need to do SOMETHING to keep it running, because one day, a whole new set of players will be here, and we need to be able to make sure THEY can learn.

So, we need something… the FGenaissance, or something. We need to actively teach newcomers how to treat fellow FGF members, and how to host games, and tutorials on the MFGF thread just WON’T DO IT!

We need to go deeper than words. We need to go into games themselves to teach, with action, outreach to newcomers and teach them how to act. Why not set up apprenticeships, let a newcomer co-host your game? (Every screw up they make is a learning experience, after all.)

This is a major problem, because if we, some of the original and second generation of FGF, don’t help our third-gens out, then FGF WILL DIE. So we need to outreach, support growth, and teach people how to play the way things were meant to be played.

And sure, every new group, player, and generation will bring new ideas, new twists, but there are still core values and rules, and newcomers need to learn different playstyles, different hoststyles, and, most importatnly, how to teach these things to the NEXT generation.

So, tell your friends, cousins, even random people in chat to join FGF if they seem nice enough. Because we need people to support us, and we need to teach newcomers how to FGF. And when one learns, they can teach more.

(#End of Topic)

Flag Post
We need to do SOMETHING to keep it running, because one day, a whole new set of players will be here, and we need to be able to make sure THEY can learn.

I count myself as one of these new people.

I am learning a lot just by being here so as long as these generations are overlapping I don’t think this should be too much of a problem. Telling it as if it was a new generation is maybe alienating them, after all, the flow of people into FGF should be steady, and hopefully the outflow of older members (as regrettable as it is) should be balanced out by the new/medium length gamers learning to play.

All we have to do is encourage friends or associates online to come, if they are into RPing or strategy or whatever else, you can always drag them in here, hell, this is how I arrived, by word of mouth from Knoob.

So I believe as long as there are people here willing to spread the word, like you said, then that’s all we need. Teaching isn’t an issue, if they are interested then they will learn, if they aren’t interested then, hell, they may as well not be here at all.

Flag Post

I like rosate’s apprenticeship idea.

Anyone who wants may privately contact me for a spot as co-host of my next mafia.

Flag Post

I too approve of this idea.

Flag Post

I also think the apprenticeship idea is a good one.

Flag Post

I do not support this apprenticeship idea. On first glance, it may seem nice and all, but, every mistake they make will not be blamed on them, it will only ruin a perfectly well made game, I’d rather have them play the game first, and if they’re doing good enough, and have a well understanding of the rules and other things, I would then make them my co-host so they too, could realize how hosting a game is before actually doing it, so their games could be better, the case is different in mafias, I’d rather make them play a couple mafias first before having them co-host, apprenticeship to first-timers will only ruin FGF. However, if your basic idea was to say what I just said, then I agree.

Flag Post

Happy Birthday Minnakht!

I am tempted to write a really long speech about how awesome a person you are, but _I don’t have the time- that, and I don’t have enough words in my dictionary that are synonyms of awesome. You have been a good friend and, more importantly, an intelligent one who has always pointed out my shortcomings and shown me where I messed up, when I frequently did. Thank you for being the integral part of the community that you are, even if you have become a lot less active in recent times. Hope you have a great day!
- AN

Flag Post

Happy Birthday Minn.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mysterymason:

Happy Birthday Minn.

I agree with this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Happy Birthday Minn.

I agree with this.

I second that

Flag Post
Originally posted by puzzledan:

Happy Birthday Minn.

I agree with this.

I second that

I bandwagon on this vote.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kidudeman:

Happy Birthday Minn.

I agree with this.

I second that

Adding a floor to the birthday pyramid.

Flag Post
Originally posted by devourer359:

Happy Birthday Minn.

I agree with this.

I second that

Me five.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Happy Birthday Minn.

I agree with this.

I second that

Me five.

Me six.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blood_Shadow:
Originally posted by hamuka:

Happy Birthday Minn.

I agree with this.

I second that

Me five.

Me six.

Seventhed!

Flag Post

This post has been removed by Minnakht. Yeah, that’s right, he’s a mod now.

Flag Post

Let’s not derail the Master Thread.

Flag Post

Please add Minecraft Simulation

Description: Have you ever wanted Minecraft to be in a forum game? Well now it is!

Sign-ups are always open.

(Sorry, idk how to do this)

Flag Post

Description: A fun little hang-out ruined by the ghost Mr. Maxwell Migillions, a multi-billionaire.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

I do not support this apprenticeship idea. On first glance, it may seem nice and all, but, every mistake they make will not be blamed on them, it will only ruin a perfectly well made game, I’d rather have them play the game first, and if they’re doing good enough, and have a well understanding of the rules and other things, I would then make them my co-host so they too, could realize how hosting a game is before actually doing it, so their games could be better, the case is different in mafias, I’d rather make them play a couple mafias first before having them co-host, apprenticeship to first-timers will only ruin FGF. However, if your basic idea was to say what I just said, then I agree.

Then don’t allow apprentices on your games if you make any.

EDIT: If you guys would like, I can make a thread for people offering apprentice spots, or maybe the Masterthread can track them if theres enough support.

Flag Post

I cant find the original post regarding apprenticeship, so I cannot convey an opinion. All I see is what Jask posted.

Flag Post

I am in favor of having it on the master thread, so that the thread doesn’t get lost and forgotten like the “Choose my next game” thread often does. If there’s lots of activity it could be pushed into obscurity so it’s probably better to implement it here.

Another thing I want to know is, what are the generations? I mean like, what’s the time-frame we are talking about here? I never heard of 3rd 2nd or 1st generations before I saw it in this thread.

For Kid dude:

It’s Rosate’s first post on this page, just look through the names.