Master Thread page 408

12833 posts

Flag Post

<——-Cazdingo1995 Smurf here, you think you can add me back on active regulars (with the acount name I use now and and my original name in () ?

Flag Post

Great idea! It will, well, basically what you said, TAS (?).

Flag Post

I like the idea Adeeb TAS, but I know if history repeats itself, I’ll have a score of negative zero.

Flag Post

TAS is TheAznSensation, not Adeeb, mystery…

Also, I like the idea, somewhat.

Flag Post

My main qualms about the idea is its potential for abuse — users could purposely target certain users for decreasing/increasing their Ratings. So I’m pondering a method in which things remain fair and balanced. Perhaps it would take several confirmations and actual evidence to actually affect the rating.

It also increases the workload for the Editors, and since I’m not an active Editor whatsoever, I don’t want to be the guy that pops in, adds more stuff to do, and then disappears into the starry night. So I don’t know if that’s OK with our current sexy/beautiful/hard-working/awesome Editors.

Furthermore, I have no idea whether the community might actually utilize such a tool! It certainly would need some regular awareness to be properly utilized. I’m already imagining OPs with “You must have a Regular Rating of at least … to play”, or players putting more effort into asking for second chances to play or make a game. It would create an environment that encourages players/owners to stay on their best behavior. The negative aspects need to be pointed out; I’m pretty biased for my own ideas usually.

I believe I initially implemented a Rating System for the games, but that was subjectively based and later removed. My imagination has already gone above and beyond this; I’m seeing a FGF community with a Standard Review Board — one that gives a “Seal of Quality” and recommends trustworthy games to new users. But baby steps, me, baby steps.

Originally posted by Mysterymason:

if history repeats itself, I’ll have a score of negative zero.

Thus you’ll be encouraged to be more consistent, won’t you >=)

Originally posted by Jaskaran2000:

Also, I like the idea, somewhat.

Any elaborations aside from ambiguous “somewhats” 0____0

~TAS~

Flag Post

Anyone heard of the so-called ELO hell?

I think, with this rating system, people will simply not joining games by low-rating users and they will also not accepting signs from low-rating users. Then it comes to the problem: how can a low-rating user possibly raise their rating? Or, are the low-rating users effectively banned?

I think something like point systems in driving may be less daunting.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Anyone heard of the so-called ELO hell?

Nope, doesn’t exist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by racefan12:

Oh derp.

I never reported this for sign-ups, but I guess I didn’t need to, as they were filled in a rather short time.

Anyway, Two-Thirds the Average has now begun.

Originally posted by hamuka:

The Exit List has now begun.

Originally posted by ZigZagZombie:

<——-Cazdingo1995 Smurf here, you think you can add me back on active regulars (with the acount name I use now and and my original name in () ?

Resolved.

Also,

TAS: Just a friendly prod in the right direction. The numbers on the left hand side of the leaderboard are supposed to indicate the position, like 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and shouldn’t be just an ordinary numbered list, because multiple people sharing the same spot means that the people with less wins have a lower consecutive position. I fixed the leaderboard appropriately.

So,

5) CowFriend, Woon1957 – 16 wins

6) Morrrr, reaper765, – 15 wins

Becomes:

5) CowFriend, Woon1957 – 16 wins

7) Morrrr, reaper765, – 15 wins

Because 5 and 6 are both shared by CF and Wooneh.

All other editors, keep this in mind as well when editing the leaderboard.

- AN

Flag Post

Re: Rating systems—No rating system can ever be truly objective, as much as people have tried to make one.

Flag Post

I won The Oddest Mafia You Have Ever Seen.

Got lunched as a Jester.

The game still goes on, however.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ocelot:

I won The Oddest Mafia You Have Ever Seen.

Got lunched as a Jester.

The game still goes on, however.

As I might have mentioned waaaay earlier, wins are to be reported by the GM for them to be actually calculated, to prevent the obvious pitfall of a GM suddenly quitting the game midway, thus making the game pretty much obsolete.

However, feel free to mention it here because that’s what I love to do as well ’hem ’hem.

About TAS’ suggestion…

Well, this can certainly be handy, though I personally don’t like the name “Regular ratings”. Something akin to separate “GM ratings” and “Player ratings” would be better.

However, when I think about it, Pulsaris has probably got the right opinion on the matter. A linear system of adding and removing points (aka do the right things and you get some points, do the wrong things and you lose ‘em) seems to me like a system based on soft sand. Once you dig yourself in, you haven’t got a chance to dig yourself out.

If anything, something like this should suffice under the Regulars list:

FGF Penalty Points

X: n points (Reason, Date enacted, Duration of existence, Link)
Y: (m+n) points ~ n points (Reason, Date enacted, Duration of existence, Link), m points (Reason, Date enacted, Duration of existence, Link)
Z: m points (Reason, Date enacted, Duration of existence, Link)
Everyone else: 0 points (that’s where everyone starts off from)

The "Reason"s are predefined, and can be like:

3 points (Repeatedly gone off topic on the MFGFT, 1 week, Link to post(s))
5 points (Abandoned a game, 1 fortnight, Link to abandoned game)
5 points (Was inactive throughout a game, 1 fortnight, Link to game)
8 points (Multiple verbal abuse of a regular, 1 month, Link to post)
10 points (Broke a FGF rule, 1 month, Link to post where the rule was broken)
10 points (Spammed all over FGF, 1 month, Link to spam posts)
13 points (Trolled a GM into closing his game, 1 month, Link to post)

Ta-da. We really don’t need a whole host of reasons because a couple of them should suffice. Once the duration is over, that bit is completely wiped off your slate, without any record of it kept anywhere. If you cross 20 points at any time, your games are temporarily boycotted by the community/GMs can decide not to let you enter their game.

Flag Post

Do not like Adeeb’s idea.

Flag Post

Adeeb’s is a good idea, though we will have more “Reasons” than that.

Flag Post

I wholeheartedly support AN’s idea because he did a great work in expanding my own.

Flag Post

I agree with Jaskaran. I reckon we already have mods that can ban or silence users that disrupt the Forum Games forum if necessary. And even that, it is not as if that occurs too often anyway—especially in comparison to other forums of Kongregate and the internet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

I agree with Jaskaran. I reckon we already have mods that can ban or silence users that disrupt the Forum Games forum if necessary. And even that, it is not as if that occurs too often anyway—especially in comparison to other forums of Kongregate and the internet.

Not exactly. Mix Your Username is a pinnacle example — that game was declared illegal a lloooonnngg time ago but there were still people posting in it. The mods locked it only a few days ago. (Yay, we can finally remove it from the illegal game list.)

Flag Post

Yes, I do believe we actually need forum moderators that are actually regular users in this forum. I believe we have many users that could indeed be great moderators and apply well the Forum Games forum’s rules. However, the several times I have told administrators and forum moderators about such have unfortunately been to no avail. We need about 2 or 3 current regulars to become forum moderators for the prosperity of this forum. (Hopefully, the admins will one day listen to this.)

Flag Post

Yes, I do believe we actually need forum moderators that are actually regular users in this forum. I believe we have many users that could indeed be great moderators and apply well the Forum Games forum’s rules. However, the several times I have told administrators and forum moderators about such have unfortunately been to no avail. We need about 2 or 3 current regulars to become forum moderators for the prosperity of this forum. (Hopefully, the admins will one day listen to this.)

I’d have to back out of this, but I support AN, Mason, TAS ,Bluji or you if one of you would start a campain

Edit: I mean that if I was offered modship, I would accept it, but I don’t activily want the job. Don’t just ignore me if you think of me, Z.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

I’d have to back out of this, but I support AN, Mason, TAS ,Bluji or you if one of you would start a campain

I reckon you would make a good FGF mod, Tai :)
I like all other suggestions for forum mods, too. Maybe I would add Faceran, Maist, GATM and myself :3.

Flag Post

2 users on the list of inactive regulars need attention.

Kranix: Permabanned. May as well remove him from the list.
T6salt: Seriously?

Flag Post

Not exactly. Mix Your Username is a pinnacle example — that game was declared illegal a lloooonnngg time ago but there were still people posting in it. The mods locked it only a few days ago. (Yay, we can finally remove it from the illegal game list.)

Done!

2 users on the list of inactive regulars need attention.

Kranix: Permabanned. May as well remove him from the list.
T6salt: Seriously?

Added TeaSicks back in. I think we placed him under inactive regulars due to his own request a coupla weeks back.

As for Kranix, he may come back with an alt once he is the right age not to get COPPA’d. We usually don’t remove people from the inactive regulars list. Feels kind of weird and sad when you don’t find a single mention in the MFGFT of someone who was once a very popular regular and a good friend, and we always try to avoid that pitfall if we can.

- AN

Flag Post

I have always felt strongly about this, all the mods for this forum are mods of other forums and we need a mod that is solely for this forum. I remember we all tried bringing this up roughly a year ago, and got shot down by aC. Still no harm in trying again. :)

As for Kranix, he may come back with an alt once he is the right age not to get COPPA’d.

I wouldn’t let him regain his editorial status. Remember he changed the password and pissed us off? I managed to get it back through IRC but that could have ended badly.

Flag Post

Locked: Escape

Flag Post

I locked What…?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TwistedCakez:

Locked: Escape

Originally posted by FelineForumer:

I locked What…?

Achieved.
-TAS